Porsche Partnership Announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 203 comments
United Kingdom
England
cssgareth1987

93yFPsS
Screen-Shot-2019-09-11-at-14-06-13.png

Ballsed up the first attempt, but just noticed this on my twitter feed :)

I'm very excited about giving this a whirl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Group X.

Also this thing is like 2,350kg... so enjoying racing this in one make.

I suppose if they used the singular brain cells you can duke it out with the Tesla Model S or the BMW i3 (Lol!) but again another beautiful modelled animal in a GR.X cage... like the P1 GTR and Zonda R which I have yet to buy...

A turbo without a turbo. I liked how it sounded taking off at the end of the video, but the dramatic music and sound effects (plane etc) were there to make up for the lack of engine noise. Anyway I'm happy it's something new and high profile, we are privileged to have a brand new car in GTS as it doesn't happen often.

On 11 September at the Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) held in Germany, several announcements regarding the relationship between Gran Turismo and the famed Stuttgard-based manufacturer were made.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3877725.html

i1WzaTVfYuha18E.jpg

A virtual version of Porsche’s first fully electric car, the Taycan, was revealed within Gran Turismo Sport at the event. During the presentation that accompanied the reveal, Head of Exterior Design Style Porsche, Mr. Peter Varga, and Gran Turismo Series Producer Kazunori Yamauchi announced that a Porsche Vision Gran Turismo was in the works for 2020, and the 917 Living Legend, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the legendary Porsche 917, was also making its way into the game.

Three highlights for how Porsche and Gran Turismo will work together in the future
1. The Porsche Taycan Turbo S will be made available on “Gran Turismo Sport” as a free DLC by October 2019. Thanks to development teams from Stuttgart and Tokyo working closely together during the past nine months, besides a detailed representation of the interior with animated instruments, Porsche and Polyphony Digital Inc. recreated the car’s unique sound and its performance on the track.

2. On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the 917, Porsche will bring the design study “917 Living Legend” into Gran Turismo Sport. Since Porsche won the 24 hours race of Le Mans for the first time in 1970 with a 917, the car is among the most important racing cars in the motorsport history of the brand. The integration will be implemented within the first half of 2020.

i1r3pa9tugmn4z.jpg

3. Last but not least, designers from Porsche are currently developing the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project, which is then being turned into a drivable car within the game by Polyphony Digital Inc. The Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project is expected to appear within Gran Turismo Sport by the end of next year. With the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project, the Porsche Design team is exploring new horizons: for the first time, a virtual sports car concept not linked to series production will be developed, which makes the visionary interpretation of the Porsche design DNA a reality.

i1rNqwnz7seJrb.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3877725.html

1. The Porsche Taycan Turbo S will be made available on “Gran Turismo Sport” as a free DLC by October 2019. Thanks to development teams from Stuttgart and Tokyo working closely together during the past nine months, besides a detailed representation of the interior with animated instruments, Porsche and Polyphony Digital Inc. recreated the car’s unique sound and its performance on the track.
i1RaAbyKmgy00cc.jpg

2. On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the 917, Porsche will bring the design study “917 Living Legend” into Gran Turismo Sport. Since Porsche won the 24 hours race of Le Mans for the first time in 1970 with a 917, the car is among the most important racing cars in the motorsport history of the brand. The integration will be implemented within the first half of 2020.
i1cNNJ8Stintj.jpg

3. Last but not least, designers from Porsche are currently developing the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project, which is then being turned into a drivable car within the game by Polyphony Digital Inc. The Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project is expected to appear within Gran Turismo Sport by the end of next year. With the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project, the Porsche Design team is exploring new horizons: for the first time, a virtual sports car concept not linked to series production will be developed, which makes the visionary interpretation of the Porsche design DNA a reality.
i1MQatAZjb.jpg

Quoting this from my post on the Taycan thread, seemed to be a better fit here.

i1RaAbyKmgy00cc.jpg

i1cNNJ8Stintj.jpg

i1MQatAZjb.jpg

TL;DR 917 Concept Study is coming to GT Sport in 2020, followed by a Porsche Vision GT Concept.

So there is also the vision GT porsche in the works and the 917 !

During the presentation that accompanied the reveal, Head of Exterior Design Style Porsche, Mr. Peter Varga, and Gran Turismo Series Producer Kazunori Yamauchi announced that a Porsche Vision Gran Turismo was in the works for 2020, and the 917 Living Legend, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the legendary Porsche 917, was also making its way into the game.

"The Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project is expected to appear within Gran Turismo Sport by the end of next year."

This is interesting. Actually would not have expected the support for GTS to last that long.

That might put end to the rumor that GT 7 could be a launch title for the PS5.
Wow, we really might get full support for another year. That is awesome.

Wow, that has to be the biggest waste of a Porsche partnership I’ve ever seen.

You get two vehicles that are likely to end up in Group X, then the final one could literally be anything, while also being in Group X.

I at least hope that 917 concept makes it into Group 1, but I somehow doubt it.
I mean these are special models, so I’m not shocked they’re adding the hoopla about them. But I can see some other Porsche models being added that aren’t mentioned here.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project is expected to appear within Gran Turismo Sport by the end of next year."

This is interesting. Actually would not have expected the support for GTS to last that long.

That might put end to the rumor that GT 7 could be a launch title for the PS5.
Or maybe GT Sport will be on PS5 with real time ray tracing :cheers:

well since we are talking about porsche my little soul is hoping for ancient predecessor of this majestic beast being the sportier version of 356 - the 550 :D

Back