Pre order info + new confirmed cars

• Thread starter khkenni
  • 311 comments
Nope. As confirmed in one of the PS blog comments, they'll be in the game from day 1 but they'll be ready to use (i.e: in the garage, already bought with in-game credits) for those who buy the pre-order packs.

Perfect,thanks for clearing that up.👍

Nope. As confirmed in one of the PS blog comments, they'll be in the game from day 1 but they'll be ready to use (i.e: in the garage, already bought with in-game credits) for those who buy the pre-order packs.

Ok good was starting to worry there :indiff: :)

They seem to have special 15th anniversary liveries too, so although the same model would be in the "standard" game, the liveries would be unique for the special version.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Glad we cleared that up.

So I'll have the option to do the Sunday cup with the Viper. Not sure how I feel about that. Will require some restraint to keep the game interesting early on.

Your own customized paint chips. What does this mean. Are we able to customize paint chips, create paint chips? Or does this mean we will be given a bunch of exclusive custom paint chips that PD create?

What is a customised paint chip? Do you get to pick the colour, is that it?

I'd rather hoped paint chips was just a blip in GT history and was given the elbow.

Edit. Someone else thinks the same lol.

The more I read the official US info the more it sounds like the "Anniversary Edition" is basically a free upgrade if you preorder through Gamestop, but the EU blog makes it sound like there will also be the same "Anniversary Edition" as a unit that could be sold elsewhere in the world. Does that seem so to anyone else?

I guess we'll see "soon" if there are any more collector type editions coming out.

So basically because of the "too much" pre-order bonus we are not getting a livery editor? Seems to be something wrong with the logic.

So basically because of the "too much" pre-order bonus we are not getting a livery editor? Seems to be something wrong with the logic.

Well to be fair the paint chip give away, points to no livery editor. That's the way I read it and I'm not stretching the imagination either.

It says the pre-order cars have an exclusive livery. If we could make liveries ourselves they wouldn't be promoting an exclusive livery, would they? Because we could make them ourselves. That is why people are putting two and two together. If the cars PD are offering could be created by ourselves then they wouldn't have any value would they?

It says the pre-order cars have an exclusive livery. If we could make liveries ourselves they wouldn't be promoting an exclusive livery, would they? Because we could make them ourselves. That is why people are putting two and two together. If the cars PD are offering could be created by ourselves then they wouldn't have any value would they?

Well, Forza Horizon came with 5 in-game cars that had exclusive liveries if you got the Limited Collector's Edition but that game still had a livery editor. Yes, I know Forza has had a livery editor from the beginning, but promoting exclusive liveries doesn't necessarily rule out a livery editor of some degree.

Well, Forza Horizon came with 5 in-game cars that had exclusive liveries but that game still had a livery editor.

It doesn't have paint chips though either.
If a full fledged livery editor was available then paint chips would be redundant. The fact paint chips are in leads me to believe there's no editor.

Unless I have to collect chips to use with the editor.

New cars confirmed!

2013 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
2013 Ford Focus ST
2011 Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6
2008 Toyota TRD [BRZ] 86 Racing [car]
2008 Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car
1968 Lotus Europa (type54)

The return of paint chips is also confirmed.

No such thing as a 2013 dodge viper gts

It doesn't have paint chips though either.
If a full fledged livery editor was available then paint chips would be redundant. The fact paint chips are in leads me to believe there's no editor.

Unless I have to collect chips to use with the editor.

I saw in others posts saying "your own customized paint chip", does that mean you get to keep it ooor? If so that should be healthy for a livery editor, right? o.o

No such thing as a 2013 dodge viper gts

That's right. It's actually 2013 "SRT" Viper GTS. ;)

Well that's dream crushing.

I saw in others posts saying "your own customized paint chip", does that mean you get to keep it ooor? If so that should be heathy for a livery editor, right? o.o

Well yes and no I suppose.

Having to own just one chip to "own" that colour forever would be a step forward.
Having to gain each individual colour would be a mighty chore. I would be buying cars based on the bloody colour rather than the model of car.

If I wanted to put two stripes on a car (the most basic of designs) would I have to buy two cars of the same colour just to get a stripe ?

Seems like the LE is out, that's my thinking anyway.

Apparently, all those cars that have been listed will be available for regular purchase through the dealership. Pre-ordering will make you get them immediately upon starting, which is fine by me as long as they don't restrict certain cars to those who pre-order.

Paint chips are back? This, honestly, surprises me because I couldn't make sense of the paint system in GT5. Buying a 1000000 credit car, to get a paint chip for customizing another car is crazy, even more so when you consider each chip is only of one use. What were they thinking? Also, like user Spagetti69 stated, I think this pretty much means no livery editor.

Anyway, I'm liking the new confirmed cars. Hope they reveal more modern GTs and LMPs as well.

Well yes and no I suppose.

Having to own just one chip to "own" that colour forever would be a step forward.
Having to gain each individual colour would be a mighty chore. I would be buying cars based on the bloody colour rather than the model of car.

If I wanted to put two stripes on a car (the most basic of designs) would I have to buy two cars of the same colour just to get a stripe ?

Seems like the LE is out, that's my thinking anyway.

lol. Yeah I'll hate that so much if it were like that. I really we get to keep said paint chips when we earn one, it'll make sense.

"Exclusive Liveries" doesn't necessarily rule out a livery editor of some sort, could simply mean they are created in house using special livery components that are not available for use in an in-game livery editor itself (special decals, textures, effects, etc).

Paint chips are sort of similar too. Granted it's not unreasonable to expect something similar to how it is currently but it could also be a revised version, for example instead of collecting thousands of individual one use paint chips we simply collect / unlock each chip by the usual means and it's unlocked in a catalogue of available paint with an infinite number of uses.

Either way only time will tell for sure.

Is '4 Car Pack' getting the same treatment as those 20 cars? As in, are you able to buy the cars normally without preordering it?

SVX
Is '4 Car Pack' getting the same treatment as those 20 cars? As in, are you able to buy the cars normally without preordering it?

It seems like the 4 car pack will just be a way to get those cars early without having to buy them or possibly wait to reach a level where you can buy them. Also, they may have a special livery and tuning upgrades. All of those cars are supposedly available in their base version in the standard version of the game.

Cant wait to see the rest of the car list.Im happy for the american muscle cars but I really hope they updated some of the old jdm cars to premium (I have more fun customizing those cars than super cars and muscle cars).Also I dont mind the paint chips I just hope they overhauled it so that we can use the chips multiple time, it would also be nice if they implemented a rgb wheel with the paint chip system.As for the livery editor, if there is a livery editor I doubt it would be anything we expect and it would be extremely limited.Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Got my copy pre-order. Sony really went whole hog with the pre-order specials, many different cars to pick from at the start.

Back