Pre order info + new confirmed cars

• Thread starter khkenni
  • 311 comments
Oh, I don't know...

I almost say the complete opposite.:)

I'm not holding my breath for a livery editor, or indeed any kind of detailed car color customization, if they are selling an entire edition of the game largely based on versions of cars with different liveries and custom paint chips. If you want to discern some positive to that effect based on the information in that press release, be my guest.

I expected the SRT Viper and am happy with the other cars but I am very glad to see the Mustang GT500 included this time around.

What, they're leaving the real monster of the already shown cars outside of this deal? Phooey..

Audi-Sport_quattro_S1_1985_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg

Jay
I expected the SRT Viper and am happy with the other cars but I am very glad to see the Mustang GT500 included this time around.

I expected the Viper as well, I desired it actually, but I still had a tiny shadow of fear given PDs reputation for ignoring relevant/desirable cars and giving us X car without it's direct competitor. Having the C7 'Vette and the almighty and absurdly sexy SRT Viper in the game makes me happy :).

Here's hoping they will now include a decent Audi LMP.

This worries me. I hope they've seriously overhauled the system. Single use paint chips remains one of the dumbest design decisions in GT5.

Agreed. But if the "customized" paint chips means we can somehow make our own and paint our cars anytime we want, just like every other racing game out there, then I guess I'm fine with it.

As soon as I saw that the Shelby was included in GT I was almost in tears of joy! All those years of wishing and waiting!

Looks like I'll be getting two again..darn my quickness once again.:crazy: Nice to hear about new cars though.:)

Very excited! I don't have much money but ill definitely pre-order this no matter what the cost 'shut up and take my money!'

I'm not holding my breath for a livery editor, or indeed any kind of detailed car color customization, if they are selling an entire edition of the game largely based on versions of cars with different liveries and custom paint chips. If you want to discern some positive to that effect based on the information in that press release, be my guest.

I don't see any reason why PDI can't keep the paint chip system in place and still offer some type of livery/decal system.

Is "Beyond the Apex II" an app or a book?
From us.gran-turismo.com:
"How would you like to start your Gran Turismo 6 experience this Holiday with 20 unique vehicles? To properly celebrate the 15-year legacy of Gran Turismo, the Gamestop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Edition includes 16 additional cars as well as your own customized paint chips, race suit, helmet, PSN Avatar, and a copy of Beyond the Apex II app. Each of the combined 20 vehicles will have their own unique enhancements, either visually or performance upgrades."

Oh, I don't know...

GT.com
Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.

That was technically already true in GT5.

GT.com
Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.

As is this.

GTPlanet
Is there going to be more car customization options? Are you going to be able to swap the engine or put decals on the car?

Both are technically possible, and we might be preparing it (laughs).

The usual "maybe" answer.

GTPlanet
and every car can have parts fitted for it.

Again, GT5.

I almost say the complete opposite.:)

Oh, I won't doubt there will be customization, and it wouldn't take much to be more than what GT5 offered. But I'm becoming increasingly skeptical of it being remotely on par with what some other games in the genre offer, and this special edition car pack doesn't do much to help that.

From us.gran-turismo.com:
"How would you like to start your Gran Turismo 6 experience this Holiday with 20 unique vehicles? To properly celebrate the 15-year legacy of Gran Turismo, the Gamestop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Edition includes 16 additional cars as well as your own customized paint chips, race suit, helmet, PSN Avatar, and a copy of Beyond the Apex II app. Each of the combined 20 vehicles will have their own unique enhancements, either visually or performance upgrades."

I know, I read that, that's why I mentioned it as a doubt because nowhere says it won't be a book in other editions. I also find it somewhat awkward given that it used to be a book, a damn good one at that. Making it an app might make it more practical for those that have smartphones and tablets, but it would suck for us who don't care much for having the latest hardware and prefer to have a physical book because it makes us feel like we're actually paying for something.

Only time will tell 👍. I seriously hope for something similar to GT5's special editions.

The F1 Stealth had front downforce, which you couldn't get on the road one.

The Chromeline R8 also has front downforce and a ton of rear downforce as well. I call it downfarce because there is nothing different on the nose or the rear to make downforce.

I think it's possible for GT6 to still have some sort of a livery editor but the "custom liveries" in this pack would just be ones that were already made? Perhaps a more intricate version than what would be possible in game?

So is the 15th anniversary basically the "collectors" edition now???

if so is Gamestop the only place where I can get the collectors edition?? I've had bad experiences with gamestop and I would really like to not go back there.. but so far gamestop has the lead on the pre-order bonuses

Oh, I won't doubt there will be customization, and it wouldn't take much to be more than what GT5 offered. But I'm becoming increasingly skeptical of it being remotely on par with what some other games in the genre offer, and this special edition car pack doesn't do much to help that.

I honestly don't understand how the car pack can hurt things. :confused:

Ok ok i'm lost please someone explain this to me is the Viper only for the people that pre-order the (15th Anniversary Edition version) or will it be in the normal version of gt6 .. whats going on ?

:ill::crazy::dunce:

Ok ok i'm lost please someone explain this to me is the Viper only for the people that pre-order the (15th Anniversary Edition version) or will it be in the normal version of gt6 .. whats going on ?

I'm going to predict that these will be released for everyone later on as per as we've seen before down the line.

I'm going to predict that these will be released for everyone later on as per as we've seen before down the line.

Nope. As confirmed in one of the PS blog comments, they'll be in the game from day 1 but they'll be ready to use (i.e: in the garage, already bought with in-game credits) for those who buy the pre-order packs.

Back