Pre order info + new confirmed cars

• Thread starter khkenni
  • 311 comments
Sparky's crazy GT6 predictions episode 1: The mysterious "custom paint chips":

The customized paint chips P.D. is talking about might turn out to be custom liveries.

I think that the paint chip system might be overhauled in GT6 to be used in conjunction with the rumored and unconfirmed livery editor. As in having the liveries saved as paint chips and then being able to send them online. When you make a livery for your car you can save it to a paint chip.

The customized paint chips P.D. is talking about might turn out to be custom liveries.

I think that the paint chip system might be overhauled in GT6 to be used in conjunction with the rumored and unconfirmed livery editor. As in having the liveries saved as paint chips and then being able to send them online. When you make a livery for your car you can save it to a paint chip.

I hope you're right, that would be awesome!

I wasn't overly excited for livery to be honest but now you've pushed me over the edge.

Damn you! (I hope you're right)

:nervous: :drool:

Yay, finally the GT500 gets into the game. :)

Good to hear paint chips are coming back too, i have actually come to prefer them over choosing any colour you want from a colour wheel or similar, as sometimes the really cool colours can take a bit to 'discover' on a wheel.

Good to hear paint chips are coming back too, i have actually come to prefer them over choosing any colour you want from a colour wheel or similar, as sometimes the really cool colours can take a bit to 'discover' on a wheel.

There's absolutely no reason why both can't coexist. We can a normal paint system for painting our car whenever we want and the paint chips if we want to use a manufacturer color, etc.

I'm really liking this Anniversary Edition. It has more digital content than GT5's Signature Edition for half the price so I'm happy. Just waiting for GAME or Amazon to stock the thing already so I can pre-order. :D

Also on the custom paint chip front, it sounds to me that we can create our own colours. You could pick the colour using a colourwheel or RGB sliders, then decide if it's metallic, matte, etc. then give it a name to finish it off.

That's the sole reason why I don't loathe the Paint Chip system. I do think it needs MASSIVE tweaking, like allowing us to get them in a way different than purchasing one car at a time or, as someone already suggested, giving them as an option that could be fused with the livery editor.

Sadly, I think this is being very optimistic. I'm only optimistic because of that TGS GT5 WIP screenshot, but not enough to believe we will actually get that. Honestly, with PD it's always better not to expect much.

I'm a bit bummed out. There's basically no incentive for pre-ordering through Amazon. 1 million credit and 4 stock cars?

It looks to me AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ gets the best bunch? They get the version with the steelbook too.

If I get this whole mess, the US gets either 4 cars/1M credits (Amazon) or 20 cars with custom paint chips, avatar, helmet, suit, and beyond Apex II app (Gamestop)?

Wow, ordering elsewhere but through Gamestop seems pointless.

The anniversary edition with 20 cars, avatar, helmet, suits, APEX II also will be bundled with PS3 - possibly the new model 4000 series Super Slim that will be coming.

Honestly, PD, raise the bar a bit, this is ridiculous. I knew we were going to get a slightly expanded version of GT5 with a couple tweaks, cars, and tracks... whooopty do, so glad my gf has a 360 for me to play forza on.

Honestly, PD, raise the bar a bit, this is ridiculous. I knew we were going to get a slightly expanded version of GT5 with a couple tweaks, cars, and tracks... whooopty do, so glad my gf has a 360 for me to play forza on.

:rolleyes:

Wonder if Gamestop will upgrade my preorder status to this. Or am I gonna be stuck with one standard and one super duper.
I'd drive there now, but its 11;00 here

That's a great list I'm gonna pre order tomorrow :P I'm hoping for 2013 Camaro ZL1 and 2014 Camaro Z/28 since 2014 Corvette Stingray will be included :cool:

AMPMROCKETFANN
Wonder if Gamestop will upgrade my preorder status to this. Or am I gonna be stuck with one standard and one super duper.
I'd drive there now, but its 11;00 here

You will be upgraded. I called them today and since it's for all preorders will get it regardless of when you did.

Every version will have these cars. Pre-ordering this specific version just puts them in your garage from the start.

The cars that you are getting here are different than the ones ingame. Performance and or visual differences. I'm thinking along the lines of the "Tuned by GT" cars from GT5P.

Hmm, then there should still be a collector's edition to reveal shouldn't there? This 15th anniversary edition is looking more and more like a "launch" or first edition release. I'm hoping there's a much bigger CE around the corner.

The cars that you are getting here are different than the ones ingame. Performance and or visual differences. I'm thinking along the lines of the "Tuned by GT" cars from GT5P.

From the main article:

UPDATE: To clear up any confusion, Ken Chan from SCEA has confirmed in multiple comments on the U.S. PlayStation Blog that all of the above cars will be available in all versions of the game. Pre-ordering simply gives you access to all of these cars from the start and makes their “special visual & performance enhancements” available to you.

So I guess we'll have to unlock/buy/win certain special visuals and performance enhancements if we don't pre-order.

Good to hear paint chips are coming back too

:rolleyes:

There's absolutely no reason why both can't coexist. We can a normal paint system for painting our car whenever we want and the paint chips if we want to use a manufacturer color, etc.

Indeed. A simple menu with the manufacturers listed, and the corresponding paints they offer, would satisfy both sides.

Hmm, then there should still be a collector's edition to reveal shouldn't there? This 15th anniversary edition is looking more and more like a "launch" or first edition release. I'm hoping there's a much bigger CE around the corner.

It's not looking likely.

:cheers:

I wasn't overly excited for livery to be honest but now you've pushed me over the edge.

Damn you! (I hope you're right)

:nervous: :drool:

That's a great list I'm gonna pre order tomorrow :P I'm hoping for 2013 Camaro ZL1 and 2014 Camaro Z/28 since 2014 Corvette Stingray will be included :cool:

Combine all of this and as they say, "Greatness Awaits"👍

EDIT: Thanks TJ13! Now I can rest (somewhat) easy till the demo arrives

The good: Scirocco GT24 and Megane Trophy 👍

The bad: the existence of paint chips decreases the chances for a livery editor

The what: 2008 TRD 86 Racing? The FT-86 wasn't even revealed in 2008...
But the car does exist: http://trdparts.jp/86racing/86racing.html
Looks like a normal 86 on the outside, but it has track parts/seats/roll cage on the inside. I would have preferred the TMG version, but I'm not going to be picky.

It seems like the 4 car pack will just be a way to get those cars early without having to buy them or possibly wait to reach a level where you can buy them. Also, they may have a special livery and tuning upgrades. All of those cars are supposedly available in their base version in the standard version of the game.

Thanks. 👍

So, at the risk of sounding obvious, I'd like to get this clear:

The GameStop preorder bonus is an upgrade from basic game to "15th anniversary edition" content. The upgrade is only DLC-wise. USA will still get a 15th anniversary edition that'll end up having the same content, DLC-wise as the GameStop pre-order, but will come on a metal box. Apparently, given the entirely virtual nature of GameStop's content, "Beyond the Apex II" can be an app but I think the increased price of the other "special" editon might hint at the posibility of it being a book as well. Any thoughts?

That's some crazy logic.

It's a simple logic that doesn't exceed it's reach and doesn't pretend to give any answer beyond mere "chance".

Simple doesn't equal crazy. It is indeed logical, though as I said very simplistic, to asume that the existance of paint chips reduce the probability of a livery editor because livery editors usually don't work with that kind of faff. The possibility of a livery editor somehow integrated with paintchips isn't at all denied by this logic as it is a purely inductive and probabilistic one.

Honestly, why do all discussions have to be dead-serious and logically bullet-proof? Can't people just discuss their opinions without having to endure a couple of formal logic classes? Sheesh...

That's some crazy logic.
I never gave any reasoning, how do you know my logic is flawed?

If you have a livery editor, you don't need a paint chip system, as a livery editor needs a colour selection system such as a colour chart. So if you can select any colour possible in the editor, why would you need paint chips? The only way I see them coexisting is if special luster painting (matte, metallic, pearlescent, etc.) is unavailable in the editor, but that just means the editor is incomplete.

This reveal doesn't extinguish the chances of livery editor, but IMO it does make the inclusion of one less likely compared to before this reveal.

Last edited:
It's a simple logic that doesn't exceed it's reach and doesn't pretend to give any answer beyond mere "chance".

Simple doesn't equal crazy. It is indeed logical, though as I said very simplistic, to asume that the existance of paint chips reduce the probability of a livery editor because livery editors usually don't work with that kind of faff. The possibility of a livery editor somehow integrated with paintchips isn't at all denied by this logic as it is a purely inductive and probabilistic one.

Honestly, why do all discussions have to be dead-serious and logically bullet-proof? Can't people just discuss their opinions without having to endure a couple of formal logic classes? Sheesh...
Since it's just as easy to have livery editor and paint chips it is not too wrong being called crazy logic.

Discuss their opinions?
My opinion is that it's a crazy logic, and now?

That's not the logic, that's just the conclusion...

If you have a livery editor, you don't need a paint chip system, as a livery editor needs a colour selection system such as a colour chart. So if you can select any colour possible in the editor, why would you need paint chips? The only way I see them coexisting is if special luster painting (matte, metallic, pearlescent, etc.) is unavailable in the editor, but that just means the editor is incomplete.
I'm amused. So making a logical conclusion has nothing to do with logic? Interesting.

If he hadn't tried to use logic, it would mean he simply threw something random into play. Which would be quite pointless then, since he tries to show a relation between paint chips and livery editor. If you see no logical aspect in this, then I recommend to look up for the definition of logic.

That's not the logic, that's just the conclusion...

There is no reason to think that a livery editor can not exist with a paint chip system for colors. Paint chip for base color, add some decals, stripes, number plates and you have a custom livery. If it goes a bit deeper allowing the stripes to be colored which could also use paint chips or custom graphics could also use paint chips.

There is no requirement for a color wheel to do custom liveries so the logic and the conclusion are flawed.

That's very true. Paint chips as the basis of the color customization system don't preclude a livery editor. They just preclude a good one.

That's very true. Paint chips as the basis of the color customization system don't preclude a livery editor. They just preclude a good one.
The craziest thing they could make is to fully base the livery editor on paint chips. So every little detail would need it's own chip.

:lol:

That would be hilarious.

EDIT: Don't know why I just quoted you...

Latest Posts

Back