Pre order info + new confirmed cars

• Thread starter khkenni
  • 311 comments
I know the announcement of the GT3 Viper was quite recent, but a DLC down the road with the 2014 Viper GT3 might actually not be that unthinkable considering PD now holds an FIA GT3 license.

EDIT: Photo

Viper-GT3-R.jpg

Now i can sleep Better Tonight Knowing Its in gt6 :cheers::bowdown::gtpflag::lol::):cheers:

You and me both.
I was so worried it might not make it to the game. Seeing "SRT Viper 2013" on that list sure was a relief. 👍:)👍
IF there's a livery editor I'll make an ACR and a team Oreca (1998) livery for it. :drool:

You and me both.
I was so worried it might not make it to the game. Seeing "SRT Viper 2013" on that list sure was a relief. 👍:)👍
IF there's a livery editor I'll make an ACR and a team Oreca (1998) livery for it. :drool:

I don't think there will be a livery editor sinds they are talking about 'paint chips' again :indiff:

I doubt there would be anything more than a simple decal application (like that Mini in the promotional material for GT5), nothing fully fledged since there just isn't the texture detail available (going by the new Premiums) to make it look good for all possible ways of painting.

What if paint chips is for the base colour of the car where we could build a livery?

For example we use a Matte Black paint chip and build some graphics as a top layer. The special liveries don't rule out livery editor, it enhaces it a bit.

There are two doubts: what is going to be the paint chip system like and is there a livery editor yet to be revealed and how is it to work with paint chips.

Only time will tell

Only time will tell

Indeed.

Ken Chan on June 24th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Glad you were a fan of the stealth PO from GT5. We will have detailed visuals of the custom livery within the pre-order line-up of cars very soon

I still don't see how or why a livery system, no matter how simple isn't still possible.

The special liveries don't rule out livery editor, it enhaces it a bit.

I'm still optimistic. Anyone remember this?

EDIT: This was originally thought to be a race mod Mini that never made it into GT5, but even after multiple DLCs, it was never included. Also, to back up the theory that this might have been done with a livery editor, there is a British Flag and a driver's name on the driver's side window (Something that race mods could not do).

gt504-small.jpg

I'm still optimistic. Anyone remember this?

EDIT: This was originally thought to be a race mod Mini that never made it into GT5, but even after multiple DLCs, it was never included. Also, to back up the theory that this might have been done with a livery editor, there is a British Flag and a driver's name on the driver's side window (Something that race mods could not do).

gt504-small.jpg

I sure do and it's what I expect to see eventually (and before release) for GT6.

On the note of the Livery Editor, although I believe it to have already been mentioned, but I think the Paint Chips could be used to unlock certain colours for the Livery Editor itself.

By this, I mean, you couldn't buy your first car and instantly go and change its colour to anything, and add any decals, as such. Maybe, with every purchase or acquisition of a car, the Paint Chip will unlock a new colour/shade for the Livery Editor itself. Also, the pre-order exclusive Paint Chips could well be vibrant or special tones of colours, like we saw in the DLC Paint Pack for GT5.

Even if this is what they are thinking of, I hope using a Paint Chip does not "use it up", as such. :indiff:

I sure do and it's what I expect to see eventually (and before release) for GT6.

The presence of back seats suggests it is not a race mod and rather a user customised car. There was also a customised Orange Civic Type R '97 in the background of some of the same screenshots.

On the note of the Livery Editor, although I believe it to have already been mentioned, but I think the Paint Chips could be used to unlock certain colours for the Livery Editor itself.

By this, I mean, you couldn't buy your first car and instantly go and change its colour to anything, and add any decals, as such. Maybe, with every purchase or acquisition of a car, the Paint Chip will unlock a new colour/shade for the Livery Editor itself. Also, the pre-order exclusive Paint Chips could well be vibrant or special tones of colours, like we saw in the DLC Paint Pack for GT5.

Even if this is what they are thinking of, I hope using a Paint Chip does not "use it up", as such. :indiff:

Heh. It was joked about before, considering how ridiculous the paint chip system is in GT5, that PD might go for some sort of Pokemon-style, gotta-collect-them-all approach to a livery editor, where we have to invest countless hours just hunting things down to have access to them. I really hope that wouldn't happen.

max, it's not about how possible it is, it's about the likelihood of getting a proper livery editor if PD is already pushing their own "unique liveries". A fully fledged editor would make those pretty much redundant, unless they limit what we're allowed to do in it (say, not allow us to use chrome wraps, similar to the Chromelines).

Considering the massive amount of profit the ridiculously-priced SE could provide, I'm genuinely surprised. Of course, that's assuming they all actually sold at their original prices...

I don't think there will be a livery editor sinds they are talking about 'paint chips' again :indiff:

Yeah, I lost a bit of hope when I read about the paint chips. But you never know. Maybe PD creates a screwed up livery editor where you can only use colors from your paint chips. :dunce:

Could be that you use colors from paint chips and unlock decals as you go based on what is on the cars you buy like the paint chip system was in GT5.

I really don't care much. I would like to be able to do some simple stripes, number plates and sponsor/manufacturer decals but I'll live if it is not there. I'm much more interested in the physics, cars ,tracks, tuning options and of course leaderboards.

Going WAY back to the first page...

I understand it may be historic but that Lotus is one of the fugliest cars I've ever seen.

I'd rather have a Yugo :lol:

I guess there's no CE this time around :(

WaQkE9S.png

I wonder if the US version will get the SteelBook packaging that they showed on the EU blog.

This doesn't make much sense to me, if any at all. So the only way to get something different than the bog-standard GT6 game is pre-ordering trough GameStop? What a stupid idea... 👎

:lol: We could have a Yugo endurance race in A-Spec. It's a 1/2 hour enduro.

:lol::lol::lol:

But given that we have no real mechanical damage, such endurance race would be home to the worlds most reliable Yugos! :dopey:

This doesn't make much sense to me, if any at all. So the only way to get something different than the bog-standard GT6 game is pre-ordering trough GameStop? What a stupid idea... 👎

:lol::lol::lol:

But given that we have no real mechanical damage, such endurance race would be home to the worlds most reliable Yugos! :dopey:

:lol: And what would the prize be,a chrome plated Skoda? :lol:

Don’t worry, we didn’t forget our core fans that enjoy unlocking cars + upgrades. The 15th Anniversary is meant for a celebration with the fans, giving you unique GT designed vehicles to race online. It doesn’t effect your single player experience at all since racing license are still required, and most of the cars exceed the entry level races

That guy is spilling a lot of beans! :lol:

I think we can confirm GT6 is going back to the mandatory licenses system! :D

Going WAY back to the first page...

I understand it may be historic but that Lotus is one of the fugliest cars I've ever seen.

I'd rather have a Yugo :lol:

Please give me both the Lotus AND Yugo! :)

That's the beauty of Gran Turismo. A Yugo and a Lotus in the same car list doesn't sound ridiculous.

hey they mention beyond the apex 2 app but is for android, ipad, iphone, and other portable devices and not the ps vita?

I really don't know what else it could be, maybe they just messed up the date. The original 86 TRD isn't from 2008 either.

Both EU and US sites listed the same year, my guess is AE86 N2 TRD - I posted on GT6 screenshots/videos thread - a tribute to Sakurai's last creation who passed away in 2008.

Latest Posts

Back