Project CARS 2 Gameplay Video Blowout

Its interesting to have the option to drive in the snow... but with an indy car? On a oval? Im affraid events like this might show up on the career mode, so we have to do it. Problem is: its not realistic, but a game like PCars2 is all about authenticity and realism. In real live, no one would ever drive a race car like this under those conditions. Indy cars on snow is just stupid, like NASCAR vs. LMP1 was stupid in Forza 6. But dont be mad at me, im just a bit sceptical here.

As silly as a snowy Nurburgring sounds, that dynamic change from clear to overcast looks awesome. Brings me back to my Project Gotham 4 days.

Autumn Spa looks great. Endless variety with the combination of track list/dynamic weather/seasonal conditions. A rainy day in the autumn should look different from a rainy day in the summer 👍

Its interesting to have the option to drive in the snow... but with an indy car? On a oval? Im affraid events like this might show up on the career mode, so we have to do it. Problem is: its not realistic, but a game like PCars2 is all about authenticity and realism. In real live, no one would ever drive a race car like this under those conditions. Indy cars on snow is just stupid, like NASCAR vs. LMP1 was stupid in Forza 6. But dont be mad at me, im just a bit sceptical here.

Real life is stupid :sly:

What is the barrier of realistic?
Snow is a playable option and will be fun to try some "stupid" things out or get some fun sliding around with an RX car in a snowed track. :D

Wow!

That classic spa looks great. It will feel like a 'lap of Europe' by the time we reach the start line again. The downhill straights look insane for our hypercars! The seasonal racing will be fun. I hope that they can tie all the features together on this incredible project.

Are they still not laser scanning all the tracks? This is frustrating, I already pre-ordered!
All the new tracks for PC2 are laser and/or drone scanned; except the historic tracks such as Monza, Silverstone, Hockenheimring, Spa and Rouen-Les-Essarts. The only ones that carry over from PC1 which are laser scanned are: Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Nurburgring and LeMans.

Not sure about this one.
I know for a fact that LeMans Karting International has been laser scanned, but I can't confirm if the same has been done for the Circuit de La Sarthe and Bugatti circuit.

Last edited:
I must say I hate the helmet cam with the automatic look-to-apex with a burning passion, it completely destroys any sense of how the car is orientated in a corner. As for laser scanning, I thought they had changed to drone based SFM to produce track meshes?

P.S. That historic Spa circuit is pretty sweet

I must say I hate the helmet cam with the automatic look-to-apex with a burning passion, it completely destroys any sense of how the car is orientated in a corner. As for laser scanning, I thought they had changed to drone based SFM to produce track meshes?

P.S. That historic Spa circuit is pretty sweet
It's not automatic, it's a setting you can adjust. On, off, how much you want it to turn. I have it on but only a small amount.

I agree with this sentiment.

It's great that they have snow in the weather effects.
But a few videos of one-off stunts isn't going to make me believe that racing a field of 20/30/40 cars around an oval or circuit is a realistic prospect.

Saying that, it's only one aspect of the game.

As the news item mentions, it's barely 2 months before release.
And while a "blow-out" perhaps isn't needed, a handful of console videos would be welcomed.

But a few videos of one-off stunts isn't going to make me believe that racing a field of 20/30/40 cars around an oval or circuit is a realistic prospect.

And while a "blow-out" perhaps isn't needed, a handful of console videos would be welcomed.
PCars isn't attempting to be that clinical, pure racing sim like iRacing. It's attempting to make simulation racing more user friendly and fun for the masses while still retaining that pure simulation feel and experience for those that want it. Racing 30 LMP cars in the snow on any track isn't realistic, but it will could be fun and no one is forced to do it. I don't expect it to be in the career other than where approprate but if it is, you'll have to evaluate the game accordingly.

A

I would like to see some clips of the game running on all 4 consoles, particularly the XB1 X. It might make me think about purchasing one.

PCars isn't attempting to be that clinical, pure racing sim like iRacing. It's attempting to make simulation racing more user friendly and fun for the masses while still retaining that pure simulation feel and experience for those that want it. Racing 30 LMP cars in the snow on any track isn't realistic, but it will could be fun and no one is forced to do it. I don't expect it to be in the career other than where approprate but if it is, you'll have to evaluate the game accordingly.
Yes, I agree.
And as I mentioned, it's only a small part of the game, which can more than likely be avoided if you choose anyway.
But good luck getting some people on these pages admitting SMS have broken their "true to life" mould. :P

I'll be honest, it was a good opportunity for me to push the "console video" wagon a bit further down the road. ;)
And I'll also be blunt.
Most of us recognise ProjectCARS 1 on console release was a mess.
And most of us understand the disappointment and gulf between PC and console for Assetto Corsa.

At the moment, "console" here seems a dirty word.
So it's reasonable that people would have concerns.

I know of one video available.
And while some talk of controllers, I assume that is a Steam controller on PC.
So pushing for more console details and footage seems a fair call to me.

I wouldn't have thought it was asking for too much.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree.
And as I mentioned, it's only a small part of the game, which can more than likely be avoided if you choose anyway.
But good luck getting some people on these pages admitting SMS have broken their "true to life" mould. :P

I'll be honest, it was a good opportunity for me to push the "console video" wagon a bit further down the road. ;)
And I'll also be blunt.
Most of us recognise ProjectCARS 1 on console release was a mess.
And most of us understand the disappointment and gulf between PC and console for Assetto Corsa.

At the moment, "console" here seems a dirty word.
So it's reasonable that people would have concerns.

I know of one video available.
And while some talk of controllers, I assume that is a Steam controller on PC.
So pushing for more console details and footage seems a fair call to me.

I wouldn't have thought it was asking for too much.
Don't think I've ever seen anyone using a Steam Controller with PCars 2. The videos I've seen with the controller inset have all been using the left stick for steering and the right stick for brake/throttle. I'm not sure how many of the WMD members have access to console builds. Very, very few I'd imagine. I don't expect a lot of console video until closer to the release date and even then nowhere near as many as you're getting on pc.

Just on that point - you'd be surprised. I'd say that most of us on a pad are using Xbox controllers (either 360 or One - I prefer the 360 one myself).
Ahh, of course.
As a PlayStation man my mind didn't go there. :P

I guess my main point in any case was... on PC.

But thanks for the info. 👍

Edit.
@Johnnypenso
Yes, I understand WMD players are unlikely to have console access.
But I would suggest that it's already getting close to release date.
They have not much more than a handful of weeks before the game goes gold.
And while I get that it's easier for SMS to have PC videos flood the net, I imagine quite a significant proportion of potential customers will be console users.
So perhaps it's time for SMS to start offering some themselves?

Sure, I can pre-order just a few days in advance.
But the longer the questions with no answers continue, the longer the lack of console details and footage aren't forthcoming, the greater the concern they aren't ready for console release.

Last edited:
Just FYI that controller behavior on PC and consoles was similar for pCARS 1, except for those initial Xbox issues, so I would say the current pad videos on PC should give a good estimate of how it would behave on a console for pCARS 2.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone using a Steam Controller with PCars 2. The videos I've seen with the controller inset have all been using the left stick for steering and the right stick for brake/throttle. I'm not sure how many of the WMD members have access to console builds. Very, very few I'd imagine. I don't expect a lot of console video until closer to the release date and even then nowhere near as many as you're getting on pc.

I know which videos you talk about, those from the Project CARS Italy website :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtUS68dAtiEZPeAnOrrTkWg/videos

The person from those videos (marcosanta8) already replied on the PCARS forum about his unusual controller setup (not using triggers for gas/brakes) :
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...in-the-media&p=1342745&viewfull=1#post1342745

He's just using a really old gamepad without analogue triggers so he has to do it this way. I could never play with that setup myself (using XBox One Elite Controller myself and far too used to the basics of the "Forza" controller layout) but hey, it's nice that it works very well for him.

Just FYI that controller behavior on PC and consoles was similar for pCARS 1, except for those initial Xbox issues, so I would say the current pad videos on PC should give a good estimate of how it would behave on a console for pCARS 2.

That's good news. But to be honest, even PCARS 1 is not that bad with the controller as it used to be when the game initially launched. I'm playing through career mode now with my XBox One Elite controller on a standard XBox One, so that is supposedly the worse input device for the worse platform and to be honest this works just fine for the majority of cars.

Here are some videos I made recently to show some troll who claimed that kerbs in PCARS2 are not existing how wrong he was. :) So excuse my deliberately aiming hard for the kerbs (and poor driving skill), but apart from that the car is very much controllable in PCARS1 with a controller.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...r-fm7-vs-pcars-2.357007/page-10#post-11880181

So, judging from how it already works in PCARS1 and the supposedly big improvements for controllers in PCARS2 I'm absolutely confident it will work just fine with a controller.

For PCARS1 I strictly followed Moneyman300's controller config video and that helped me out greatly : (posting this in case someone wants to give it a try on XBox with a controller)

Not a fan by the looks of that gameplay and the car sounds are so inaccurate, the F50 sounds more like the F40C's Turbo V8. Have they never heard the shriek of the real F50 GT?

Back