QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Still here but not playing GT as a cold's wiped me out. My first in 7 years and it's a stinker.

Enjoying the PS+ Mad Max for a while instead.
What's Mad Max like, I'm downloading it now... and sorry to hear about your cold, I haven't had one in years either but when I do it will probably hammer me aswell.

And still here too, arthritis has been holding me back a bit.... aahhh the joys of getting old :rolleyes:;)

An RPG style driving game with plenty of fist, gun and rocket fights. Racing too as you can win some of the cars you find in game and you don't get a daft penalty for blowing up an opponents car, if you're that way inclined. XXX rated sport mode.:lol:

It can get a little repetitive but there's plenty to do to mix things up. I'm a fan anyhoo.

The latest penalty system ensures that things get mixed up a bit. I've been S SR for months now, but over the last few days I've been down to B, back up to S, down to B, back up to S, and then back to B!

Apportioning a higher penalty to an A rated driver seems a bit strange, and affects the way you drive. I had a close race with a guy last night, we had a couple of touches (nothing malicious or deliberate) - he got 1 second penalties, I got 10 seconds :grumpy:

The latest penalty system ensures that things get mixed up a bit. I've been S SR for months now, but over the last few days I've been down to B, back up to S, down to B, back up to S, and then back to B!

Apportioning a higher penalty to an A rated driver seems a bit strange, and affects the way you drive. I had a close race with a guy last night, we had a couple of touches (nothing malicious or deliberate) - he got 1 second penalties, I got 10 seconds :grumpy:
I got up to c/s easy peasy, now I’m scared to go on stage... they really have us in their pocket with those ratings

Even though I think it's cool what they're doing with showing how good the car really is, they've heavily modified it from its WEC guise as it's lost all its previous restrictions.

What's to stop someone with deep pockets doing something with hybrid tech, a screaming V10 and Pikes Peak levels of down force?

I'm probably being old fashioned but I prefer seeing car classes with their own specific track records.

Even though I think it's cool what they're doing with showing how good the car really is, they've heavily modified it from its WEC guise as it's lost all its previous restrictions.

What's to stop someone with deep pockets doing something with hybrid tech, a screaming V10 and Pikes Peak levels of down force?

I'm probably being old fashioned but I prefer seeing car classes with their own specific track records.
Agreed. Yes it's cool to see what it's capable of, but it's just a bit of willy waving. An F1 car with all restrictions off becomes the Redbull x2014 and no LMP1 car is catching that.

I'm still here :) ! Always been. Reduced activities to watching and reading though for, well, being tired atm. It's not the body in the first line, I'm a bit tired of the game, even tired of GTP somehow. That's got nothing to do with anyone of you, just to be clear 👍 ...

As for the game, the penalty system has become a spoiler for me.

... Apportioning a higher penalty to an A rated driver seems a bit strange, and affects the way you drive. I had a close race with a guy last night, we had a couple of touches (nothing malicious or deliberate) - he got 1 second penalties, I got 10 seconds :grumpy:

Happens every second race. I don't even look into details that much, at the end of the day I have the impression that penalties determine the racing big time ( which is a no go in itself ), they're not appropriate, they're not just, and when it comes to getting penalized from ghost cars you know that the system is messed up fundamentally. Good races don't outweigh the bad ones anymore - there are too many of them.

And as for GTP, a couple of threads are deeply annoying ( if you want me to name them I will ) ... and I'm not able to either protect myself or to raise my voice. Feeling a bit lazy on one hand, helpless on the other. If GTP was a German forum, be sure I'd have had my posts. So it's been DUCK AND COVER [ shrug ].

:confused:

Good thing is, I'm RJ ... I'll be back :lol: !

I hear you about GTS. It's uninspiring to play compared to GT6 as too many things in it feel off for me. First and foremost, stop making me wait for daily races! I hate that and it's the main reason I'm struggling to get motivated with them. In the QM's, there'd often be 1 or 2 go to races and I'd be able to run dozens of them in a single session. I can't comment on the penalties as my last daily race was on the old style system and that was bad enough to drive me away.

Some of the threads here recently have left me speechless. Too many candidates for me to guess which are annoying you but a certain xenophobic thread about dirty drivers might be a candidate. That one is a new level of low for here. Disappointing it's a topic open for discussion as it's almost a smear campaign on whole nationalities.

... Some of the threads here recently have left me speechless. Too many candidates for me to guess which are annoying you but a certain xenophobic thread about dirty drivers might be a candidate. That one is a new level of low for here. Disappointing it's a topic open for discussion as it's almost a smear campaign on whole nationalities.

You seem to know me :cheers: ... it's one of them, and there are others more. Their common ground is, everything's fine ( great community ) as long as things go smooth. However, soon as life gets harder, people aren't ashamed to show their ugliest faces, all of their mistrust, jealousy and hate. After 57 years I probably should expect this, still, you see me shocked :eek: ...

Just pretend they're not there, it's just like Quick Match then ;).

I don't think so, Mick. It's not the ratings, it's the penalties.
When you got sideswiped into the gravel in a QM race, it took you 3 sec to get back on track and you just kept on racing. In GTS ( at least since recently ) you get an additional 10 sec for contact, 2 sec for leaving the track, ... you get the idea ?
It's different atm :(.

A good run of clean races, some poles and wins (courtesy of the lower SR), have helped me back to SR S 👍 - downside is I'm back to starting in the bottom third of the grid 👎

Tsukuba today is interesting - pole position is not the place to start, 2nd and 3rd placed drivers both pass you before turn 1 for some reason :confused:

A good run of clean races, some poles and wins (courtesy of the lower SR), have helped me back to SR S 👍 - downside is I'm back to starting in the bottom third of the grid 👎

Tsukuba today is interesting - pole position is not the place to start, 2nd and 3rd placed drivers both pass you before turn 1 for some reason :confused:

Is it the gears ?

Aye, I'm afraid hearing you guys too. Did my first online race in about a month last night, and it went better than expected. But I nearly never played, was a FIFTEEN minute wait for the bugger to start & I missed the swine because I was fannying about. So took about 45 minutes just to jump into a race. Utter bollocks!

The penalty system...No, I don't even want to talk about it. Enough to make you go the full Basil Fawlty.

Aye that thread about which nation has the dirtiest drivers...Where to begin with that pile of mince? Can see the jack boot wearers getting brave & popping thier heads out the closet to babble reactionary, unthought out tripe about gigantic numbers of people who don't live within thier man made borders. Why that thread didn't get nuked is beyond me but there was many good folks telling the molecule minds to keep banging the rocks together guys.:lol:

Anyway Joe, hope the weary tired feeling passes soon mate. Kilesa, see you've been enjoying being the road warrior. Not a bad game eh? Although that never-ending arid landscape keeps making me thirsty for ice cold beverages of the over 18s only variety. :cheers::lol:

I don't think so, Mick. It's not the ratings, it's the penalties.
When you got sideswiped into the gravel in a QM race, it took you 3 sec to get back on track and you just kept on racing. In GTS ( at least since recently ) you get an additional 10 sec for contact, 2 sec for leaving the track, ... you get the idea ?
It's different atm :(.
I haven't done many races lately and the ones I did enter were very respectful races (no penalities) so I can't really comment on the system. I've read a bit about the new penalty system and it does seem over the top, but with us not having any of those dirty [insert country here] drivers in this region I haven't really noticed. We do however have the odd dick who's a dick because that's who he/she is, not because of where they come from :crazy:.
The penalty system...No, I don't even want to talk about it. Enough to make you go the full Basil Fawlty.
Never, ever go full Basil Faulty :lol:.
Anyway Joe, hope the weary tired feeling passes soon mate. Kilesa, see you've been enjoying being the road warrior. Not a bad game eh? Although that never-ending arid landscape keeps making me thirsty for ice cold beverages of the over 18s only variety. :cheers::lol:
I've been giving it a bit of a go on my other account and yeah, it's pretty good.

...and about that never-ending arid landscape that keeps making you thirsty for ice cold beverages of the over 18s only variety... it does that when you live here too ;):cheers:.
It must be something to do with the cars behind being in a different gear in autodrive - it happens in every race.
Congrats on the wins 👍.... and the same thing happens when you start on pole at Bathurst a lot of the time, but I think that depends more on which car you use. Why it leaves you banging on the rev limiter at the start of any of the races is beyond me.

it's one of them, and there are others more. Their common ground is, everything's fine ( great community ) as long as things go smooth. However, soon as life gets harder, people aren't ashamed to show their ugliest faces, all of their mistrust, jealousy and hate. After 57 years I probably should expect this, still, you see me shocked :eek: ...

This place is getting full of drama queens that make me want to only type one thing: Self entitled numpties. :rolleyes:

Kilesa, see you've been enjoying being the road warrior. Not a bad game eh? Although that never-ending arid landscape keeps making me thirsty for ice cold beverages of the over 18s only variety. :cheers::lol:

Thoroughly enjoying it and haven't done yet. It might be repetitive at times but it's repetitive fun.:D

You seem to know me :cheers: ... it's one of them, and there are others more. Their common ground is, everything's fine ( great community ) as long as things go smooth. However, soon as life gets harder, people aren't ashamed to show their ugliest faces, all of their mistrust, jealousy and hate.

This place is getting full of drama queens that make me want to only type one thing: Self entitled numpties.
It's why I stick mainly to our own little thread - positive attitudes and comments, we're not always having a go at one another, and exhibit a friendly rivalry! Truly international too!

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoying it and haven't done yet. It might be repetitive at times but it's repetitive fun.:D

It can be a grind at times but there's something satisfying about it. Very simple game. Drive like a maniac, punch baddies teeth down their throats and pick stuff up...Last one I'm not to crazy about.

Yesterday after a session on GTS I switched to Mad Max and for about the first 10 minutes I was driving of cliffs and doing donuts trying to corner.:lol:

It's why I stick mainly to our own little thread - positive attitudes and comments, we're not always having a go at one another, and exhibit a friendly rivalry! Truly international too!

That thread got locked at last. Finally, common sense prevails.:cheers:

It can be a grind at times but there's something satisfying about it. Very simple game. Drive like a maniac, punch baddies teeth down their throats and pick stuff up...Last one I'm not to crazy about.

Yesterday after a session on GTS I switched to Mad Max and for about the first 10 minutes I was driving of cliffs and doing donuts trying to corner.

Yeah, the handling is shocking at first but once you get the car fully upgraded, it's still bad but then you've got a lot more speed to crash more spectacularly.:lol:

As for the scrap, get the pick up crew upgrade as quick as you can. Nothing worse after a car battle having to look for the damned scrap. Things get pricey in the later stages though so every bit helps.

Hi guys, I read your posts after a week of vacation and I see you a bit 'disheartened!
Personally, it is from February that I do not ride daily races, I enjoy doing the tests to compare with your times ....
My time with GTS I pass it with friends Geezer's, we run on Saturday (reserved) on Sunday, Tuesday and often even on other days of the week there is an open room.
There is no DR or SR in play and a few hits can come, but there is a friendly atmosphere and that is what prevails for the fun in every race.
MW is always there and I think it is fun, could win them all, but it is very cautious and deliberately slow ....:cheers:
Maybe you could organize a race, for example on Thursday, at a time that suits everyone, to find the old GT6 group

I haven't done many races lately and the ones I did enter were very respectful races (no penalities) so I can't really comment on the system. ...

My five latest penalties :
- Slightly tapped the car ahead while braking for a corner without affecting our racing ... 10 sec
- Got slightly tapped on my rear / side from a car running a bit wide on corner exit without affecting our racing ... 10 sec
- A ( lagging ? ) ghost running through me without affecting my racing ... 10 sec
- An overambitious guy squeezing me wide and offtrack in a turn ... 2 sec
- The same guy brakechecking me 300 m later ... 10 sec

That happened within two races.
I don't complain about respect missing.
The last 10 races I did had about 75 percent of the grid with red dots :crazy:.

... We do however have the odd dick who's a dick because that's who he/she is, not because of where they come from :crazy:. ...

:) Made me think of opening a thread "GTS Dick List Sorted By Flags - Post Your Videos Now !". Does that sound funny and helpful :odd: ?

It must be something to do with the cars behind being in a different gear in autodrive - it happens in every race.

Exactly. May happen in one make races just like in any other. Had it with the Toyota 2000 on Suzuka East and with the little Pug on Brands.
Brands seemed to be worst case for going uphill at the start ... P2 is right beside you before PH bend :scared:.

It's a great HOME 👍 ! Sometimes I even hope for increased internationality and some more of the nice guys / girls. Not sure about Reda @Mwerte though ... should we allow pretending to be French while living in Morocco actually :lol: :lol: :lol: ? Also, he's a Hamilton fan :odd: ...

That thread got locked at last. Finally, common sense prevails.:cheers:

Great final post, mate. And thanks btw - it felt like you were lending me your voice 👍.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
- Slightly tapped the car ahead while braking for a corner without affecting our racing ... 10 sec
- Got slightly tapped on my rear / side from a car running a bit wide on corner exit without affecting our racing ... 10 sec
- A ( lagging ? ) ghost running through me without affecting my racing ... 10 sec

That's the sort of days I was having a few days ago, but I've had some better ones in the last two days - only one penalty yesterday, self-inflicted when I hit a barrier at Alsace (one of those where the car stops dead - got disqualified for that for some reason (?) )

That happened within two races.
I don't complain about respect missing.
The last 10 races I did had about 75 percent of the grid with red dots :crazy:.

:) Made me think of opening a thread "GTS Dick List Sorted By Flags - Post Your Videos Now !". Does that sound funny and helpful :odd: ?

Exactly. May happen in one make races just like in any other. Had it with the Toyota 2000 on Suzuka East and with the little Pug on Brands.
Brands seemed to be worst case for going uphill at the start ... P2 is right beside you before PH bend :scared:.

It's a great HOME 👍 ! Sometimes I even hope for increased internationality and some more of the nice guys / girls. Not sure about Reda @Mwerte though ... should we allow pretending to be French while living in Morocco actually :lol: :lol: :lol: ? Also, he's a Hamilton fan :odd: ...

Great final post, mate. And thanks btw - it felt like you were lending me your voice 👍.
[/QUOTE]
I never pretented to be french ....i guess my first post ever here started by "I m not french " every car i drove was watermelon and i never said i was a lewis fan ...what i said is if i have to choose between seb and lewis ....i ll go lewis because i m a kimi fan and with vettel as teammate you can see how i dont like him that much

I never pretented to be french ....i guess my first post ever here started by "I m not french " every car i drove was watermelon and i never said i was a lewis fan ...what i said is if i have to choose between seb and lewis ....i ll go lewis because i m a kimi fan and with vettel as teammate you can see how i dont like him that much

Reads like you're worried. That's not been my intention at all - just a bit of teasing between race mates ;). In case I've caught you on the wrong foot I apologize.

Also, he's a Hamilton fan :odd: ...

I've been following Lewis' career since he first appeared and have been a huge fan ever since. Just like when Vettel appeared, you could tell there was a very special talent coming through.

Great final post, mate. And thanks btw - it felt like you were lending me your voice 👍.

The crap in that thread went on for far too long.:grumpy:

Any time you need my English, give me a shout. It'll be a pleasure.👍

On a different subject. As I've not been doing much racing lately, well, none actually:lol:, I've been wondering how to find the motivation to get back into it and had a thought. What about us lot in here having some sort of league racing?

As we've all got our own pace, with some a fair bit quicker than others, we could run something like the BTCC with success ballast and/or reverse grids. Tuned cars if possible too but I guess that would have to be there as we wouldn't be able to use the BoP with ballast. Maybe even signing up with 2 Gr4 car choices each that have to be alternated.

Any thoughts on it or am I chasing my tail?

Reads like you're worried. That's not been my intention at all - just a bit of teasing between race mates ;). In case I've caught you on the wrong foot I apologize.
I didnt read it in a wrong way:) ....what part of my post make you think that....?? I may have use the wrong word ?:confused:
As for seb is just that i dont like drivers who only sign if they have a number 1 deal ( alonso and seb ) and if you watch the bahrein gp and after the pit accident of kimi ..seb had to manage his tires and if i can do that ..why they ( ferrari) make kimi do a pitstop it because they want him to block lewis and its race number2...so from the start kimi is there only to help seb ...

Last edited:
On a different subject. As I've not been doing much racing lately, well, none actually:lol:, I've been wondering how to find the motivation to get back into it and had a thought. What about us lot in here having some sort of league racing?

As we've all got our own pace, with some a fair bit quicker than others, we could run something like the BTCC with success ballast and/or reverse grids. Tuned cars if possible too but I guess that would have to be there as we wouldn't be able to use the BoP with ballast. Maybe even signing up with 2 Gr4 car choices each that have to be alternated.

Any thoughts on it or am I chasing my tail?

I think that's a good idea. I was going to open a room tonight for some fun racing but I've got a migraine now, so I'm going to have a sleep and see how I feel later.

I didnt read it in a wrong way ....what part of my post make you think that....?? I may have use the wrong word ?
As for seb is just that i dont like drivers how only sign only if they have a number 1 deal ( alonso and seb ) and if you watch the bahrein gp and after the pit accident of kimi ..seb had to manage his tires and if i can do that ..why they ( ferrari) make kimi do a pitstop it because they want him to block lewis and its race number2...so from the start kimi is there only to help seb ...

To be kind to Ferrari they could have been running different strategies because they didn't know for certain Seb's tyres were going to last, but I think you're right - Kimi's job is to help Seb win the championship.

Back