QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
what are the good ideas for you?

Oh, putting me on the spot there, you naughty scamp. :lol:

Well as an old BTTC fan I liked the idea of the ballast. How we implement that I have no idea. Liked the idea of getting friends involved to bolster the numbers ( as long as they're not mental cases :lol:). But as with anything we wont really know what will & wont work till we try it, & that'll be the fun bit. 👍

Although I've never tried it I think the ballast problem is easy to solve.
In the room options, which I looked at this morning, it is possible to exclude tuning. You do not have to check the BdP and exclude only the tuning, the two circular dials remain open, power and weight, which you can vary with the 2 sliders underneat.

For now:
-Auto Group 4 free choice or all with the same car?
-Fixed car for evening or car change at every race?
-Ballast to scale only according to the order of arrival or even according to the time of qualification?
-How many circuits 5/10/15?
-How many cars 5/10?
-the organizer should save all the replays to make the leaderboards of the races, the fastest lap in the race and qualy (if they are worth points) and, if there are disputes, do as referee and assign penalties to the culprit :D:D

I shouldn't have tried to write that reply at 4:30am. My head was on backwards.:dunce: I'm awake now.

We'll use Tidgney's excellent list from his Gr4 BoP thread:

gr4 BoP test.JPG

I believe it's still current and correct so it's perfect for people to pick their one car for the season. If I could ask a favour of people, please try and vary the choices so we have a good mixed grid.👍

I'm going to test a few of them with maximum success ballast (75KG's) to see how much it effects the car's lap time but I may need one of the top drivers in here to do the same thing. The idea is to add ~1 second to the race winners lap time so it may need up to 100KG's. Also to see if we can run with tire wear turned on but set low enough so no pit stops are necessary. Ideally, we all need to run the last 3 or 4 laps of the race with less grip and the people running with ballast will feel a greater effect from it.

We'll do a short season of 10 tracks with 3 20 minute races at each. 1st race of each track has the grid set by a qualifying session of 15 minutes. 2nd race grid set by the 1st race's finishing position and the 3rd race is a full reverse grid.

Qualifying for the first race is ballast free but will be added from race 2 onward. Any success ballast from the 3rd race will be carried into the next race meet and you have to run qualifying and the 1st race with it.

I'll save the replays and will steward the races.

If anything happens you're not happy about, let me know but a driver has to be clearly at fault for me to do anything about it. Like a bump pass. If you don't redress it straight away, I'll add 5 seconds at the end. If the bump pass hits people off track, 10 seconds. Otherwise, it's just a racing incident.

That's where I'm at now and it doesn't look too bad. I just need to do a bit of ballast checking to see how it affects lap time.

One thing I wondered about is having damage turned on. What do you think about that? We're all gentlemen in here and it's likely not needed but if it makes people more careful, it might be good to run with it.

for the damage I think we should try without, at least at the beginning and then see if putting them makes things even more interesting. The partial damages are almost useless, the complete damage make you lose a lot of time

Just did some custom races with damage, both weak and strong. Yikes! If the wheels get damaged then it's an automatic pit unless you like steering sideways. Made sure I got a proper head on into the wall, what a wonderful sound, a bucket of old bolts rattling about as you limp back to the pits.:lol:
Don't fancy the damage that much but am more than happy to go along with the consensus..

for the referee at the end of the race I was joking!

I'm sure something will happen that somebody isn't happy about at some point. I'll put my Charlie Whiting hat on if there is.:lol:

I also dont know how much the ballast affects consumption. Of gasol and tires

The idea is to run with fuel consumption turned off and tire turned wear on. Making the tires last long enough for 20 minutes might not be possible on the lowest setting so I'll test to find out.

The partial damages are almost useless, the complete damage make you lose a lot of time

Just did some custom races with damage, both weak and strong. Yikes! If the wheels get damaged then it's an automatic pit unless you like steering sideways. Made sure I got a proper head on into the wall, what a wonderful sound, a bucket of old bolts rattling about as you limp back to the pits.:lol:
Don't fancy the damage that much but am more than happy to go along with the consensus..

That sounds like damage is off the menu then.👍

Good work chaps. I'm happy to let you work out the details but I would recommend keeping it as simple as possible (at least to start with) and make sure there are at least two people who know all the rules and are capable of running the room. Lobbies can be pretty flaky. On Sunday it took about an hour and two changes of host before we got everybody on track and running. And that was all using the same car with no tuning. Having a chat party open really helps.

Other than adjusting the ballast over a BoP'ed car, it's pretty much stripped bare from what I originally thought of. Too ambitious.:rolleyes:

I'll put the success ballast amounts on here after I've run a few cars later, to see how much it affects them. Plus finding out how many laps are possible with the tires to work out the total laps or time to run the races. I figured that having no pit stops will be like the old QM's and we'll have a few more laps to run to settle into races. Possibly 10ish laps for long tracks and up to 20 for any shorter tracks. Sound OK?

Other than adjusting the ballast over a BoP'ed car, it's pretty much stripped bare from what I originally thought of. Too ambitious.:rolleyes:

No that sounds fine. I just wanted to point out that it's easy to get into a situation where there is more fannying about than racing. Maybe have a couple of test sessions with a few other drivers before starting the series. I'll help all I can.

Oh drat. Iphone update, I’m not getting the notifications anymore. Also, the ps4 seems to be off and gts tends to freeze at the initial startup and online save. Unless I watch a movie while waiting, then it works. Long live the webs

I agree with everyone saying ''simpler is better''. One of my friends was running in the FGT championship and those guys had all sorts of issues with fluffing around getting started.... and that was a one make series that ran over several years :eek::crazy::lol:. Pick a car each and run it for the season, or one make per event are the easyiest way to go. Also, if it's too hard to schedule because of my time zone I'll sit this out. I enjoy being upside down and in your future, with the steering wheel on the correct (right) side of the vehicle far too much to consider moving :rolleyes: @kilesa4568 & @ROCKET JOE ;):lol: but if you guys want any help with testing I'll gladly help. No doubt you'll be up late still hashing things out and I could join then :P. :cheers:

I've got a problem with the ballast testing already. I can't manage consistent fast laps with the wheel (NOOB!:lol:), with or without ballast so I can't find a benchmark time to work off. Any chance one of you quick drivers could run a couple of laps with and without 75KG's please? Just to find out the delta and if it's big enough a weight to slow the car by around a second.

I've got a problem with the ballast testing already. I can't manage consistent fast laps with the wheel (NOOB!:lol:), with or without ballast so I can't find a benchmark time to work off. Any chance one of you quick drivers could run a couple of laps with and without 75KG's please? Just to find out the delta and if it's big enough a weight to slow the car by around a second.

Caught an unknown driver in a 86 Gr.4 testing ballast on Yamagiwa. Proof :

IMG_0459.JPG

:)

And that's what he told me :

Checked for BoP values and then set them manually. Did around 10 laps and consistency was within 3 or 4 tenths after warmup. Added 72 kg ballast then. Keep in mind that you can not add specific amounts because it's a percent slider, so added portions depend on the stock weight of the car. Anyway, I indeed was about 1 sec slower, consistently again. On a sidenote, PWR could be helpful here, pity it doesn't exist in the tuning section.

No further comments from the guy, he was in a hurry for a sponsor meeting :D ...

I l testing too for ballast and what i found is alarming : like in gt6 you can change the position of the ballast and manage a good setting but here in Gts i didnt found or it doesnt exist .... i try different ballast and once you start with more than 75kg the car become undrivable it like it put all the weight in one side and it ruin the drivabilite of the car
I try the veyron ....with a limit of 50kg you can manage it but more than that it doesnt brake easy it like gts always put the weight in the front same thing for others cars ( only gr4 ) vantage , m4 , atenza ...all the cars have the same problems hard to brake ...wont turn if you re still braking

I l testing too for ballast and what i found is alarming : like in gt6 you can change the position of the ballast and manage a good setting but here in Gts i didnt found or it doesnt exist .... i try different ballast and once you start with more than 75kg the car become undrivable it like it put all the weight in one side and it ruin the drivabilite of the car
I try the veyron ....with a limit of 50kg you can manage it but more than that it doesnt brake easy it like gts always put the weight in the front same thing for others cars ( only gr4 ) vantage , m4 , atenza ...all the cars have the same problems hard to brake ...wont turn if you re still braking
That should slow people down then......

Yes, you can't shift ballast, the balance of the 86 wasn't affected in a very negative way though. Sure you gotta brake earlier but I guess that's the nasty plan :odd: ...

This morning I did some testing at the Litorale Dragon Trail:
(The ballast does not go to KG but a percentage)
Alfa 4C Gr. 4
300 HP 1020 Kg 1.46 .5 standard
300 hp 1101 kg 1.47, 3 8% + weight
300 hp 1122 kg 1.47, 7 10% + weight
300 hp 1173 kg 1.48, 4 15% + weight
300 hp 1224 kg 1.49, 0 20% + weight
tyre consumption; 1x, 2x almost Nil

You and RJ have to go slower! :D

Back