QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Yes, 3/4 time Seeing, but only one to THE END. Perhaps Marocco and Italy are in the same geographic area ...... europe sud .. and you are on the top :rolleyes:
I see just the name Mwerte, no the rocketredcar , every far to mine ...

Just for clarification :
@Mwerte 's cars are watermelonred - the rocketred ones are mine :cool: !
However, will we ever see them online :rolleyes: ?

Two days ago ( actually the last time I was driving ) I thought about sharing my Kyoto qualifying lap with the Hyundai in case someone wants to use my ghost, but with a daily rotation of events such replays are pointless of course unless you can ( want to ) use it for general practice. Well, ...
I'd really prefer a mix of daily and weekly events giving me the opportunity to concentrate and thus improve on
selected events.

Not quick enough and ready yet for the GT Sport approach :) !

These daily races aren't working for me either. I run up to 10 laps in the qualifying on each but then I go and run some longer arcade races instead. I've noticed that when you start lapping the AI, they can be very inconsistent for getting off line in a timely manner and often give you a side swipe as you go past. Kinda reminds me of QM's...

As daily races go though, I couldn't agree more. They need to extend the time they're up to 3 or 4 days or increase the choice of races and rotate the oldest out. I'm only qualifying at the moment but I'm getting a bit bored of learning a new combo daily.

Going back to basics has helped my driving anyway. Started driving tracks at around 70-75%, giving myself plenty of time for braking while cutting a lot of my habitual trail braking out, finding the right gears for this and that corner and really working on throttle control as I've stopped using TC (stuck with ABS default only) in every car. I'm at around 85-90% for speed with no spins or off track excursions and starting to get a proper handle on the physics now. The last 10% or so is going to be tricky but at least I've (I think...) cut out a few bad habits. My biggest problem is when I start pushing and timing the down shifts to late braking. That bugger is hard to learn.

Yesterday I celebrated my first month with PS4 .. (not even my girlfriend !:boggled: )
It was a positive month, filled me with so many empty hours of my time.
I thought I celebrated: a victory with friends geezer's and a in daily races, when MW ( car's watermelonred :D) disconnected, because with him on the track it is impossible!

Hey, at least you met him - it is possible then!
Not possible for me unfortunately... unless everyone here moves to Japan, New Zealand or Australia. That's about the only flags I've seen, and the odd one from Sth East Asia.
I'd really prefer a mix of daily and weekly events giving me the opportunity to concentrate and thus improve on selected events.

Not quick enough and ready yet for the GT Sport approach :) !
^^This^^

We all remember what the first couple of days of a new QM are like :crazy:. With the car/track combo's rotating so quickly no-one can get a proper handle on the characteristics of each combo. A three day rotation (one new one per day) would even be better than what we have now.

I feel much the same as you here RJ, just can't get quite up to speed and not confident enough just yet. I'm sure it will come but with school holiday season approaching I fear SR ratings could be very hard to improve on.

I'm mainly trying to improve my braking as a combination of brakes and engine. I've had this bad GT5 / GT6 habit of excessive unrealistic downshifting I should have stopped a long time ago and didn't just because being fast with it - now it doesn't work anymore. So I'm forced to have an eye on the brakes again, especially trailbraking that I never really practiced. It's great when I get it to work and realize that you actually can control cornering on the brakes. Still a long way to go though 'til it comes natural. Crazy that throttle modulation has been quite ok while brakes modulation was noob, regarding the fact that it's just two directions of the same stick :boggled:.

I admire ( and begrudge a bit ) all of you who manage to do a structured and consistent practice routine btw.

With two weeks off after Christmas I hope to get into some serious racing then but I'm afraid you're right, Mic. I've imagined the 77 year old loving grandpa with his 7 year old grandchild on his new PS4 crying "Smash him, smash him" :nervous: :lol: ... could be a hard time ahead.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to have to look at a different button combo to learn... I seem to have given myself an injury to my left hand driving the Porsche 919. I was OK on my first run but not long after starting it again, something twanged in my hand and now I've got a pain from the knuckle up to my wrist every time I press the L2 brake. It was sore the first day and I thought I'd get used to it but it got a little bit more painful every time I played. I guess I should have heeded the warning.:rolleyes:

Square and X isn't any good (no real control) and the last time I tried both sticks, I was terrible at it but with the limited DS4 button configs over wheel and pedals functions, the sticks are my only option other than waiting for my hand to improve. Then I have the problem with gears as the only real way of changing them is to use the L&R1 buttons but I can't curl my left hand's finger to them. Whichever way I go, I'm back to square one. What a palaver!

I think I'm going to have to look at a different button combo to learn... I seem to have given myself an injury to my left hand driving the Porsche 919. I was OK on my first run but not long after starting it again, something twanged in my hand and now I've got a pain from the knuckle up to my wrist every time I press the L2 brake. It was sore the first day and I thought I'd get used to it but it got a little bit more painful every time I played. I guess I should have heeded the warning.:rolleyes:

Square and X isn't any good (no real control) and the last time I tried both sticks, I was terrible at it but with the limited DS4 button configs over wheel and pedals functions, the sticks are my only option other than waiting for my hand to improve. Then I have the problem with gears as the only real way of changing them is to use the L&R1 buttons but I can't curl my left hand's finger to them. Whichever way I go, I'm back to square one. What a palaver!
I had a similar problem with the DS3 when I first got the PS3 - Repetitive Strain Injury in my case. That was when I got a wheel, as I've only ever been into driving games.

@kilesa4568 Maybe it's time to get a wheel. Have you still got the G25? There are adapters to use it with the PS4 which apparently work ok now.

I agree about the daily change being too much. I usually only have time to do some practice on each of them, pick the one I like best and do a couple of races.

There was another race in the Genesis at Kyoto a couple of days ago and it was fine. It was a shorter track but I was only a second or so behind the top times. I can't work out why I was 6s off the pace in the last one. I suppose I'll never know now.

I had a similar problem with the DS3 when I first got the PS3 - Repetitive Strain Injury in my case. That was when I got a wheel, as I've only ever been into driving games.

It was painful on the first day so it's probably not an RSI. Just my dumb spade hands contorting themselves to reach the back buttons.

If I keep my index finger straight and relax the grip, I might be able to use my middle finger for brake instead. Paying out all that money, I'll find a way. Even if it involves Ibuprofen.:lol:

@kilesa4568 Maybe it's time to get a wheel. Have you still got the G25? There are adapters to use it with the PS4 which apparently work ok now.

My son's got it at his flat now but I couldn't use it for more than 10-15 minutes anyway. No stamina for it at all. He's enjoying it a lot though.

Edit: Square and X worked OK. Annoying dropping the manual gears but beggars can't be choosers. At least I'm playing.

Last edited:
Edit: Square and X worked OK. Annoying dropping the manual gears but beggars can't be choosers. At least I'm playing.

Glad to hear it. Have you considered a non-ffb wheel like a T80? When I started out I had a very cheap wheel, like a toy really, but for me it was much better than a controller. Mind you I am absolutely hopeless with a controller. I still have to look down to see which button I'm pressing.

Is your lad still doing QMs?

I don't think it's the feedback that wore me out, it's the steering itself. My arms (and legs) got pumped over a couple of races and then my breathing has to catch up. Saying that, I never had a good seating position as I had to stretch to reach the wheel. My arms were close to horizontal the way I was using it. Sofa driving isn't ideal...

A bit worried about paying for a wheel for the PS4 if I can't use it for very long.

I think my son said he was playing the NFS games lately but he's still got GT5 and 6 as well. I guess they (QM's) wore off when he moved out.

I had two South Africans and an Indian in a race with me today - strange nationality bug, or a policy change?
Hopefully a policy change. Assetto Corsa's servers started off as regional, then switched to global due to an outcry for change by the fans. It would be great if this happens for GT Sport, even if it's not now, but in the future when the servers calm down a bit.

Well, in campaign mode we already can race the world, so hopefully they switch to intercontinental races in sport mode too :).

I'm somewhere in between amused and shocked atm coming from the BB raceway qualifying :lol: ...
I'd think the whole field's gotta be incredibly cool and disciplined to have a proper race here.
Any experience on your side guys ?

Last edited:
The match making was too bad tonight to get any decent racing done. First, it wouldn't log my qualifying time in any race so I gambled on the Golf. Had everyone from SS all the way down to DE in the same race, and of course, all the low rated drivers weren't bothering with brakes when there's a handy car in front for them to use. Carnage.:rolleyes:

The match making was too bad tonight to get any decent racing done. First, it wouldn't log my qualifying time in any race so I gambled on the Golf. Had everyone from SS all the way down to DE in the same race, and of course, all the low rated drivers weren't bothering with brakes when there's a handy car in front for them to use. Carnage.:rolleyes:
I noticed there was a qualifying issue in another thread, Open Lobby racing for me til it's fixed.

Well, in campaign mode we already can race the world, so hopefully they switch to intercontinental races in sport mode too :).

I'm somewhere in between amused and shocked atm coming from the BB raceway qualifying :lol: ...
I'd think the whole field's gotta be incredibly cool and disciplined to have a proper race here.
Any experience on your side guys ?
Yes, I ran a few BB races, all were OK - as you say, it needs very disciplined drivers.

Time differences were very small for the top 4 - fast and furious, but I managed to win one!

Yes, I ran a few BB races, all were OK - as you say, it needs very disciplined drivers.

Time differences were very small for the top 4 - fast and furious, but I managed to win one!

Congratulations for the win, BT.
It's a small four corner track but run in reverse it's not quite easy to hit the perfect line and the inside of turn 2 can be scary :nervous::lol:.
I've had three registered times on my friends list ( you, @Mwerte and @Nonno Calvy ) while my own did not get logged. Didn't matter ...
it was late and I wouldn't have raced anyway but they hopefully get this fixed again soon.

I've read somewhere that the lap times were logged but they were delayed. It makes sense as the higher DR were in front while the lower ranks were behind me.

I'm not risking another race with broken match making though. I can avoid most situations but if I'm battling with a clean, similarly paced driver and subsequently lapping slower, the loonies can catch up too easily and then the race is gone.

Bumped me off my S rating too. Live and learn...:rolleyes:

Congratulations for the win, BT.
It's a small four corner track but run in reverse it's not quite easy to hit the perfect line and the inside of turn 2 can be scary :nervous::lol:.
I've had three registered times on my friends list ( you, @Mwerte and @Nonno Calvy ) while my own did not get logged. Didn't matter ...
it was late and I wouldn't have raced anyway but they hopefully get this fixed again soon.
Thanks RJ - I seem to get on well with the ovals. I had been B/S rated for a couple of weeks, but struggled for results and fell back to C DR. The win here, plus one at Kyoto yesterday pushed me back to a B - don't think I'll be there for long though!

Just to get my 2 cents in and address the title of this thread, I got some exciting news. I was hoping my son would ditch his PS4, but no, wasn't happening. Yesterday the girfriend said she's buying me a PS4, and that I should hurry up and order it! I'm like, stoked!

Just to get my 2 cents in and address the title of this thread, I got some exciting news. I was hoping my son would ditch his PS4, but no, wasn't happening. Yesterday the girfriend said she's buying me a PS4, and that I should hurry up and order it! I'm like, stoked!

:)
Candy !
Makes me smile to see more and more of all these well-known avatars over here 👍.

Back