QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
^^Hey there mate.:cheers:

Makes me smile to see more and more of all these well-known avatars over here đź‘Ť.

I think PD needs to consider adding QM's to GTS. DR exempt, no waiting for races, all car groups have their own race and an ultimate shortcut penalty of placing your car back on the track exactly where you left it...seeing as there are so many shortcuttable™ tracks. Leave the penalties as they are but make the ghosting strong for possible car collisions with wide angles to try and limit the trolling. Wishful thinking for an esport game but it feels like it's taking itself too seriously.

I'm probably pining for the old QM's but GTS feels kind of soulless at the moment. I don't think I've raced the same person twice yet.

Hi guys, I also noticed the problem of recording qualifying times but I think it will be settled soon.
Finally I figured out how to see the replay data (speed, gear change, etc.), click on all the data and then with the circle. I'm a bit hard but I'm coming down slowly.
In recent days I've had some problems, probably on the internet connection. I have never been disconnected but I found a big difference between the times I qualify and those in the race. The car was much more slippery on the asphalt and I could not repeat it.
Another thing that you've seen all, I just now, is about driving guides. Seeing the replay I noticed that many super fast (and winning) use them. There is a relative warning light on the dashboard that lights up. Are any of you using these aids? and what, apart abs and tc.

Hi guys, I also noticed the problem of recording qualifying times but I think it will be settled soon.
Finally I figured out how to see the replay data (speed, gear change, etc.), click on all the data and then with the circle. I'm a bit hard but I'm coming down slowly.
In recent days I've had some problems, probably on the internet connection. I have never been disconnected but I found a big difference between the times I qualify and those in the race. The car was much more slippery on the asphalt and I could not repeat it.
Another thing that you've seen all, I just now, is about driving guides. Seeing the replay I noticed that many super fast (and winning) use them. There is a relative warning light on the dashboard that lights up. Are any of you using these aids? and what, apart abs and tc.
For qualy it normal to have a faster time ... i think PD h try to imitate the difference between race setting and qualy setting by adding more grip in qualy sessions...but it s my opinion
For the replays .... u re right everybody is using TC on min and ABS on....with the ratting on sports mode i think everyone will take any help to keep his DR AND SR up

Last edited:
... Are any of you using these aids? and what, apart abs and tc.

... i think everyone will take any help to keep his DR AND SR up

Tbqh I somehow don't feel entitled to reply with my lack of GTS online racing experience, but all I did the past days and weeks I did with ABS only and I plan to stick to that no matter how it turns out in races ( so if you'll once see my car skid all over the place you'll know I lost my rear with no TCS on :D ). Fact is it just feels right to me and sometimes I hear myself saying I won't give a damn about ratings and championship point counts which will be ridiculously small anyway with not enough time - and just do what I consider to be good racing.

I don't think there's something wrong with the game taking itself serious, @kilesa4568 , there might be something wrong though with what it does to the gamers / drivers ... don't know. It's them, not the game. Looks like too many go totally mad about it.

And just to get even more serious now, look at that :

IMG_0291.JPG

No 5 in the world - didn't go for that, came as a complete surprise. No assists but ABS ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :cheers:

PS
@ColinChapman
Munich is a nice place to be but Lago Maggiore is nicer đź‘Ť !

PSPS
Einen hab ich noch einen hab ich noch ...
Good Q3 @Mwerte at Brands yesterday đź‘Ť, I tried to pass you again but I couldn't get that lap together ( without CSA :mad: ) - 31.7 was possible.

Last edited:

Just ABS default for me but it's very tempting to add some TC in races to limit mistakes. I'd be a lot happier with a car that's had its bad manners tuned out though. They're not bad as they are now but one tune definitely doesn't fit all.

I don't think there's something wrong with the game taking itself serious, @kilesa4568 , there might be something wrong though with what it does to the gamers / drivers ... don't know. It's them, not the game. Looks like too many go totally mad about it.

I've thought about it since and agree with you. QM's were good and could be taken seriously if the bad apples weren't involved, just the same as this game. The fact this game rewards the quicker cleaner drivers with similar drivers is often ignored.

Incidentally, I've moved on to moaning about how an S safety rating ends up in races with people who're often way below that now. I'm only happy if I'm moaning.:lol:

I thought clean drivers only raced against other clean drivers from the same DR group but with 24 hours of qualifying time, someone can find a single magic lap that puts them in a quicker group than they should be. As in I run laps till I'm within 3 or 4 10th's on each lap and should be matched accordingly. I was thinking a better system would be to use the average lap for the DR group in races and qualifying itself limited to just before the race. Stopping people qualifying in one car but racing in another too. I hate seeing that as you can use an edgier but quicker car for the qualifying then something more stable for the race. I imagine daily races wouldn't qualify for that level of detail but the system definitely needs refining. Have the best lap times for the day as a totally separate entity. If you can get close to it regularly, you won't lose out based on your average.

If I'm honest, it's putting me off doing any racing as I don't want to lose my safety rating and make it even worse. There's very little ghosting and more about survival as it is now.

Well done on the leader board (again) too.đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

As for qualifying I'd be happy with a system that allows free practice alltime and gives you a limited timeslot ( 30 min for example ) per race and day. If F1 drivers have three practice sessions and a one hour qualifying, that might fit for our needs too.
Some good suggestions here, the rating systems gotta be improved for sure. If I ever get to SR S, I'd expect not having to race hooligans and exploiters ( can they be stopped ? ).

... I'm only happy if I'm moaning.:lol:
... Well done on the leader board (again) too.đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

My inner comedian posted that leaderboard, exceptional skill not needed. Second time only though I've ever been top 10. First was a GT4 coffee break where I ( probably ) held the WR for about four weeks until a guy named ProdriveGTR stole it from me :lol:.
You like to moan ? We could be the two seniors chilling in a shopping mall all day, gazing at people and moan about them :cheers:.

I usually run the qualifying as soon as the console is turned on and sometimes, I'll even put a tidy lap in. Then I'll often have another go at the game later in the day and for whatever reason, tiredness or lacking the same motivation as earlier when I was fresh maybe, my driving isn't as tidy but I'm still qualifying with that original time as I can't get near it. I can't be the only one struggling, judging by some of the driving I've seen from S ranked players.

If I ever get to SR S, I'd expect not having to race hooligans and exploiters ( can they be stopped ? ).

If it was hard to get to S for SR, it wouldn't be a problem but the trolls can reach it by driving passively at the back for a few races. To be honest, it doesn't mean anything (unless you want it to) as the bad drivers are easily disguised by it, and unfortunately, you usually find out the hard way who's who. No problem at all with the DR but the SR is fundamentally flawed. If they make it 50+ or even 100 races to reach, it would be a lot better. Make them work for their trolling and weed a lot of them out.

Reading about peoples experiences in the lobby racing makes it sound like a much better option than the (supposedly) more serious daily races. There's nothing to gain other than good racing in those.

You like to moan ? We could be the two seniors chilling in a shopping mall all day, gazing at people and moan about them :cheers:.

With age, comes wisdom. If we're moaning, we obviously know what we're talking about.:lol:

I think it only took me a couple of days of online races to get up to S SR, and I've managed to stay there ever since (despite the efforts of others to push me back down!).

I'm now trying to get my DR back down to C, as it's the only level where I can compete with others - trouble is, as soon as I have some success I get bumped back up to B again.....

Was in a race yesterday with one of the guys who's an S/S, didn't think that was particularly fair matching :boggled:

Was in a race yesterday with one of the guys who's an S/S, didn't think that was particularly fair matching :boggled:

Did you beat him?

I've not got up to B yet but I know from the odd occasion where I've been matched with A and B rated players that C is my natural home for now. I've managed to maintain my S SR rating which I got very early on. It would be interesting to know the stats of how many players there are at each level.

Holy night !
9 races at Brands with the little red tail Pug, a perfectly nice beginner car :).
8 poles, 7 wins, 6 fastest laps, didn't have too much traffic so everything was clean.
Had an AS driver in my last race who was 0.5 quicker per lap, no way to keep up, but good battling with a couple of BS drivers.
Lost one race 'cos I thought it was over after lap 4 and went straight into the wall at Paddock Hill :lol:.
Up to DR C SR A đź‘Ť.
And now ... celebration :

IMG_0307.JPG

Btw I got 7 likes for my race suit design and even one comment saying "Very nice." :D What A Wonderful World.

pity I could not play yesterday ... you would not have won her all of you. :D
Apart from the jokes, congratulations to the all-winning debut!
Did you come out on one night that I did in a month ... :bowdown: :cheers:
I also believe that the only way to drive is with the abs alone and if you can even lower the brakes with "weak", stop later. With some cars I can. Then there is the old age that forces me to put the traction control sometimes to be a bit quieter in the race, but it goes more slowly :(

I only had a couple of minutes in the Atenza and found it's radically different to how it was. Much easier to drive (after almost getting used to sliding the car pre patch...:rolleyes:) and the brakes (on weak) feel better. I'm not sure I prefer the extra grip but I haven't given it a good try out yet.

I haven't tried the new update yet but I'm a pissed they deleted all out times FROM EVERYTHING. :grumpy:

That's a bit harsh but if the extra grip is anything to go by, it'll be like you ran them the first time on a much harder tire. Easily as grippy as GT6 if not more now.

I'm looking forward to tuning the sounds though. Turn the tires down and then everything else on 11.

That's a bit harsh but if the extra grip is anything to go by, it'll be like you ran them the first time on a much harder tire. Easily as grippy as GT6 if not more now.
Yeah, that's why I don't see any need to delete them. Our new times will be faster but at least we'd have something to chase instead of having blank leader boards. It doesn't give us any incentive to try again.
I'm looking forward to tuning the sounds though. Turn the tires down and then everything else on 11.
This is a great innovation for the series, something I'm really looking forward to toying with.

@Mwerte

Much more grip, particularly with the sports soft tyres, and braking is better too.

Laptimes are definitely faster, but the problem is the gap to the really fast guys has got bigger (you're a good example, as you were 3 to 4 seconds per lap faster than me on today's daily races). I ended up matched with the guy that had the top time in the Top Ten at Alsace today - his qualifying lap was 8 seconds faster than mine, and he was 5 seconds faster than the guy in second on the grid......

Needless to say he won the race by a huge margin!

Anyway, my DR is about to drop back to C, so I should hopefully have some more competitive races next time :)

So.....what do we thing about the new updates ???

Cobra :D

I haven't tried the new update yet but I'm a bit pissed they deleted all out times FROM EVERYTHING. :grumpy:

The leaderboards will soon fill up again. Look upon it as an opportunity to be top of your friends ranking list. While I was waiting for a race entry period to start I did the Nordschleife circuit experience again. @Nonno Calvy had got there first though, so after beating my old time I then had to spend an hour beating his, earning practically nothing while I should have been racing to earn the 300k I need to buy the Cobra. And the top ten is already full of times 20s quicker than mine.

Anyway, my DR is about to drop back to C, so I should hopefully have some more competitive races next time :)

It's nice down here with the Cs. I did eventually get to do some racing and it was all C/S, very close and clean. There was a bit of bumping going on but nobody got any penalties. The system was certainly working well for that particular group of racers.

Yeah, that's why I don't see any need to delete them. Our new times will be faster but at least we'd have something to chase instead of having blank leader boards. It doesn't give us any incentive to try again.

Looking at where I ranked in them, I couldn't wait to see the back of them.:lol:

This is a great innovation for the series, something I'm really looking forward to toying with.

I turned up my tires one notch with engine and drive train almost maxed out. I could hear my gear changes a lot better, gained a good distinctive engine growl and the tire squeal only came in when I really needed to pay attention to it. Easily my favourite feature of this update.:cheers:

I haven't made my mind up on the grip yet. Felt a bit too strong but it seemed to have a nice feel to it. Maybe even a step away from simulator towards arcade?

The leaderboards will soon fill up again. Look upon it as an opportunity to be top of your friends ranking list. While I was waiting for a race entry period to start I did the Nordschleife circuit experience again. @Nonno Calvy had got there first though, so after beating my old time I then had to spend an hour beating his, earning practically nothing while I should have been racing to earn the 300k I need to buy the Cobra. And the top ten is already full of times 20s quicker than mine.
But I was top on quite a few :( :lol: But I think A few were playing possum (@Mwerte @ROCKET JOE and a couple of others);).
Looking at where I ranked in them, I couldn't wait to see the back of them.:lol:
:lol:
I turned up my tires one notch with engine and drive train almost maxed out. I could hear my gear changes a lot better, gained a good distinctive engine growl and the tire squeal only came in when I really needed to pay attention to it. Easily my favourite feature of this update.:cheers:

I haven't made my mind up on the grip yet. Felt a bit too strong but it seemed to have a nice feel to it. Maybe even a step away from simulator towards arcade?
Haven't tried the volume controls yet, I'll give your settings a go. đź‘Ť :cheers:

I think I like the grip a lot more now, but need to have a few more go's yet, at least the aids can come off now. (Probably why I had some fastest times before :embarrassed:)

I have to say no. At lower speeds the extra grip is giving that arcade sensation. Steering response is more linear, and the progression of the front tires from grip to understeer is easier to feel, hear, and manage. I can now arc the cars into corners smoothly, and the front end tracks my wheel motion.

When I pick up the pace though, it isn't just turn, stick, and go. Fine, smooth control input at the limit is still rewarded with faster laps. Prior to the update I would run a fast lap without really knowing what I had done differently. Now my inputs make sense, and I can make changes to my approach to pick up time. Before it just felt like a lucky lap, and a white-knuckle experience. Putting together 10 laps in the daily races was tough.

The skill required to be fast is still there, but a tiny mistake will no longer cost you 3 places in a close race in the one make street car races. Before the cars were unrecoverable just beyond the limit, in a way that reminded me of driving on ice. Not to that extent of course, but it felt like the grip window at the limit was tiny, and the time to return to grip was disproportionately large.

Now, I feel like the grip level overall is higher, but still pretty narrow at the limit-overdrive and you slide. It comes back as you crank back the steering angle and throttle, as it should. But you can't just dive bomb and overdrive, arcade style, it still won't work. And that's very good.

Last edited:
I'm speaking from zero experience as for all I know, this new grip is how it's supposed to be but it's a big transition from how it was. I should get used to it a lot quicker than the old physics though so that's a plus.

Can anyone here go faster than this player? I'm having a bit of trouble.
View attachment 695137

I'm so sorry Barrett, I'd really like to try but I'm at work now and there's no chance of beating him with a Logitech mouse on my PMAC :lol:.
Seriously, congrats, seems to be an excellent qualifier. ... Btw do you miss your RAM ?

... Apart from the jokes, congratulations to the all-winning debut! ...

Thank you, but it actually wasn't that hard ( though I was very nervous :nervous: ). It was running against DR E and DR D class drivers mostly.
I got reassured though that a good qualifying is essential. Having practiced a car / track combo and thus being consistent and quick enough for a somewhere near front start kept me save from the big trouble on track. I for sure will go on putting effort into qualifying - it's fun to me, a challenge against the top 10 and perfect practice.

After Saturday I didn't get to play much, as soon as I'm home PS and Sport are running but it's always a bit of this and that :embarrassed: ... and I play accordingly. Can't say a thing about driving after the patch, anyway, thanks everybody for all the helpful hints and comments.

As for the blank leaderboards I'm happy. As @StirlingMoose mentioned they'll fill again quickly, but these completely annoying 'full lap 8 sec pit entry bug' times are erased, so we'll hopefully find some serious top 10 times there soon.

I've tried to contribute as much as possible and started to fill the boards of the driving school again ( starting from 1 - 1 ) :), no assists used except standard ABS. I got stuck at 2 - 3, my rank 5 post from somewhere above 'cos I couldn't reach that .881, .890 twice but not faster. So this may be the hard part sometimes. With your records still registered, the game will only allow for new entries if you beat your old times :scared:.
On a side note : I didn't play possum ( to play possum = sich ( Akk. ) dumm stellen ) :lol:, I went for gold and good without trying over and over again, but I really struggled with the physics at that time. I hope to get more of a challenge in the future.
I was very astonished to read here on the forums that some guys put immense effort into the campaign leaderboards right from the beginning.

Watch out for the new yellow flag rules!

Guy in front spun off, hit the barrier and bounced back onto the track stationary - I passed him, yellow flags waving, and got a penalty for passing under yellows......

Needless to say, he went back past me whilst I was taking the penalty :grumpy:

Back