QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
I've been doing some of these :) ...

IMG_0491.JPG

It's not a miracle though as I thought of finally receiving the Barrichello trophy and "finishing" the game some time soon.
I've been so afraid of carnage and insane penalties that I intentionally skipped qualifying to run the races from the back. I've been doing my best to be another @coryclifford and it paid :
A couple of top 5s and two podiums 👍 !
Races have been quite decent ( to my surprise ), they're intense, so I probably will change my tactics and put in a Q time tomorrow. Btw ...

Congratulations to @StirlingMoose, you cracked the 1.06 👍 !

Doing a lobby at 7.30ish to abuse some road cars and possibly rally cars again. In the mood for a low(er) grip high fun session. Dropping into Gr cars when we're all knackered from all the sliding

Adding a minimum SR of A to try and clean it up a bit too as I've had too many numpties joining lately. Luckily for Cory, I don't mind some of them.:D

@ROCKET JOE Have you seen the new penalty zone system they're bringing in?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/penalty-zones-coming-to-gt-sports-fia-and-daily-races.382930/

A step in the right direction?

I've been doing some of these :) ...

View attachment 777883

It's not a miracle though as I thought of finally receiving the Barrichello trophy and "finishing" the game some time soon.
I've been so afraid of carnage and insane penalties that I intentionally skipped qualifying to run the races from the back. I've been doing my best to be another @coryclifford and it paid :
A couple of top 5s and two podiums 👍 !
Races have been quite decent ( to my surprise ), they're intense, so I probably will change my tactics and put in a Q time tomorrow. Btw ...

Congratulations to @StirlingMoose, you cracked the 1.06 👍 !
Top times now in the 1:04s - don't know how they're doing it, but a bit strange that the top 7 are all French?

Top times now in the 1:04s - don't know how they're doing it, but a bit strange that the top 7 are all French?
There's a couple of Brazilian drivers up their now... 1 second faster than anyone else in the Americas region :eek: and about .8 faster than my region :eek:.

:odd:

@bone_tone
Not sure here, but wasn't there a 1.04 last time too, driven with ASM ?

I met BOCA_David in one of the races. He got stuck on the starting grid somehow and then started his hunt for P1 ( successfully ). Unbelievable how much more traction he could keep basically everywhere to, in contrast to me, overtake wherever he wanted. Watching the replay left me with my mouth wide open :eek: !

@kilesa4568
The penalty zone thingy seems to be a good thing that hopefully sorts that whole penalty clutter a bit. People might even drive more careful with no way to game away the penalties. I'm looking forward to see how it pans out :) ...

@FPV MIC
So what's your P1 right now ?

@bone_tone
Not sure here, but wasn't there a 1.04 last time too, driven with ASM ?

I met BOCA_David in one of the races. He got stuck on the starting grid somehow and then started his hunt for P1 ( successfully ). Unbelievable how much more traction he could keep basically everywhere to, in contrast to me, overtake wherever he wanted. Watching the replay left me with my mouth wide open :eek: !

@kilesa4568
The penalty zone thingy seems to be a good thing that hopefully sorts that whole penalty clutter a bit. People might even drive more careful with no way to game away the penalties. I'm looking forward to see how it pans out :) ...

@FPV MIC
So what's your P1 right now ?
1:05.452 https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=15392,15393,15394

Edit: The person in 9th.

And yes, the top times are usually done in FF's with ASM here too.

From the replay I watched of the top BOCA guy the trick (without ASM) seems to be to not push too hard. If the tyres are screeching a lot under acceleration you lose time.

I have watched the replay from the french drivers. Look at the ABS Symbol, it is always red. When i drive without ABS it is yellow. Must be a trick to fully disable ABS

Ah, you're right, forgot about that. David's was constantly flickering. Thought it was some kind of replay / HUD bug :odd:.

I have watched the replay from the french drivers. Look at the ABS Symbol, it is always red. When i drive without ABS it is yellow. Must be a trick to fully disable ABS
There's obviously some little trick they're sharing! You only brake once on this track though, so what effect would disabling ABS have?

And welcome to our little thread @HansDampf :)

Did a quick test but couldn't replicate it. I wasn't too systematic, I don't think it's a simple combination of settings though. Like ABS and BB. And nothing like the Lancer that was way quicker with just ABS off.
I checked my replays and didn't see anyone else use it except the BOCA guys. Those Brazilian drivers in the Americas probably ?
Is it worth starting a dedicated thread or writing a respective post over in the "Daily Races" ?

It's about dang time! The difference is simply there. The visuals are wonderful.
That's what I thought after the first hour, its like GT6, but way better, even had my first daily race (after watching @Baron Blitz Red at Fuji, very nice drive sir 👍), got a penalty (yey :bowdown: me) and finished down the back somewhere.
Mixing with the other DR/E drivers has never been so much fun.
Loved it :cheers:👍

got a penalty

You get a penalty, he gets a penalty, hell, everyone gets a penalty in GTS. Half of the time, you've no idea how you got a penalty.:lol:

Welcome to GTS pal.:cheers:

To me, lobbies (cue @kilesa4568) are better than the dailies. But I'm also a guy that likes GT League driving.

All I've done with the new update is blow my credits on the Zonda and Ferrari GTO then turned the console off again so if anyone's up for it, I'll do a lobby tomorrow night.

Catalunya top of the list as I haven't driven it yet. Is it any good and is it suitable for all Gr groups?

Just watched one of TheKie's videos on it in Gr2. It looks like it'll be tricky for lower down force cars like Gr3 & 4 with the lack of corner camber and there seems to be sausage curbs everywhere. Plenty of run off though.

Back