QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
I'd be more than happy to go with comfort tyres but I'm used to them. Other people might not be so maybe we'll test through the tyres till we find a happy medium?

As they're going to be one makes, we won't have BoP on. I'm never a fan of it with road cars.

I'm doing some laps with my son tonight (around 7.30) so if you can cope with his dodgy moves or fancy getting your own back on him, feel free to join us.:D

Friends only again.

@kilesa4568 Excellent job hosting last night.Was really cool how many EXILES and GEEZERS we had racing.This Monday QUICK MATCH EXILES thing just might catch on 👍.You guys have fun tonight ,have too much to do during and after work .Just had a few minutes for this post 👎

I'm on again tonight. I can't get enough of Catalunya. Helluva track.

Sorry about leaving @Mwerte :guilty:

Been getting a pain in my left knee whenever I brake and tonight it felt a lot worse. I think I may have overdone the miles lately but I think it's more likely my Playseat Challenge. I really don't fit into it too well.

Going to take a couple of days off and give my knee a rest.

Last edited:
I'm on again tonight. I can't get enough of Catalunya. Helluva track.

Sorry about leaving @Mwerte :guilty:

Been getting a pain in my left knee whenever I brake and tonight it felt a lot worse. I think I may have overdone the miles lately but I think it's more likely my Playseat Challenge. I really don't fit into it too well.

Going to take a couple of days off and give my knee a rest.
No worries ...get well :cheers:

Cheers fellas.:)

It's only happening with me using the rig as an hour after I stop playing, the pain's almost gone. No problem at all driving my real car so it looks like the seat position's the issue. Going to try reclining the seat further back and reach further with my arms. Not ideal but my old knees won't be squashed up as much.

Dropping a few hints to the missus about another seat or possibly switch to a decent stand if adjusting doesn't work.

Cheers fellas.:)

It's only happening with me using the rig as an hour after I stop playing, the pain's almost gone. No problem at all driving my real car so it looks like the seat position's the issue. Going to try reclining the seat further back and reach further with my arms. Not ideal but my old knees won't be squashed up as much.

Dropping a few hints to the missus about another seat or possibly switch to a decent stand if adjusting doesn't work.
if it's your knee that hurts, maybe it's because your ankle stays stretched while you're driving
Check your pedals position maybe its the cause of the trouble......or maybe its the age :D

Check your pedals position maybe its the cause of the trouble......or maybe its the age :D

Definitely a bit of both.:D

I've dropped the seat to the lowest position and can just about sit comfortably for the pedals but my knees are pressing into the underside of the wheel plate and bar. Not ideal.

It's probably me being incompatible with the seat for the amount of time I want to drive though. It says it's suitable for up to 7 foot tall but I've no idea how they'd find a comfy position. I'm 5 inches off 7 foot and I struggle. Comfy for the first hour but then it turns into a torture device. The seat edge barely reaches my thighs.:crazy:

Definitely a bit of both.:D

I've dropped the seat to the lowest position and can just about sit comfortably for the pedals but my knees are pressing into the underside of the wheel plate and bar. Not ideal.

It's probably me being incompatible with the seat for the amount of time I want to drive though. It says it's suitable for up to 7 foot tall but I've no idea how they'd find a comfy position. I'm 5 inches off 7 foot and I struggle. Comfy for the first hour but then it turns into a torture device. The seat edge barely reaches my thighs.:crazy:

You're 6 feet 7? Bloody Nora! :eek:

ed-frank-and-tall-al.png

Hi guys, just checking in, I'm still trying to get to grips with the feel of the game before inflicting my you with my mobile chicane impersonation, I haven't forgotten you. Any tips would be appreciated.
@kilesa4568 , when your next lobby? I would love to join even as a spectator.

Yep. Used to be 6 foot 8 but age and the weight of the world on my shoulders has shrunk me down a bit.:lol:

You are all just a bunch of 'BIG' bar stewards :lol:

when your next lobby?

7.30PM (GMT) tomorrow.👍

...and you are not allowed to join as a spectator. We've waited long enough for you to get the game so I won't start a race unless you're in it.:D

We usually use mics so it'll be a lot easier to give you any hints or tips.

GTS isn't too far off GT6 but braking and weight control needs a finer touch. You can't be anywhere near as aggressive with them as you could in GT6, especially with trail braking. Throttle control isn't linear so it'll take time to adjust to it but it's easier to deal with on the pad. Tiny lifts to put the weight over the front wheels in quicker corners but take it easy in slow corners. You get a lot of throttle for a relatively small amount of button press. TC 2 will help till you learn the throttle map but the game's a lot more fun without it.

If there's track you like and wouldn't mind practising more, let me know and we'll run it tomorrow. Likewise with cars.

A couple of days ago a team from the Mercedes-Benz car sounddesign department's been here at our university for a students project working on future car sound. As a first step we've been searching for a replacement wakeup / standstill / idle outdoor sound for a specific MB car model. Interesting stuff ... with a huge future job potential for sounddesigners and audio engineers. Starting up that S class model made you feel like on the Enterprise holodeck :odd: ... guess I prefer machine growl over spherical space sounds any day.

Guys, can't say what happened, but my job is eating me up. Feeling a bit like Cory did last year ... badly tired :crazy: !
I put in some quick laps just to not completely lose touch - and quit before things get too serious. Only little solace that a Gr.4 Huracan doesn't sound like a space ship :).

John ( ? ), hope you're well again.
Welcome back @8l23ub :cheers:.

Hoping a week off will have fixed my knee. I was planning on having another week off but my son's bought a G29 and wants me to run some practice lobbies.

thanks you mate...another version is not the ideal and i look for the new track and find this video of the track being tested in fia final championship event

I want SPA ...SILVERSTONE....INDY ....LAGUNA SEGA

Yes, I saw this - looks like a lot to learn!

I don't know if I needed money, because I didn't ever look. :D

Strange current of events and odd other whatnots, as life can be sometimes. So I'm going back.

And I start work on Monday at my old pizza box print job place.

No more spontaneous naps?:lol:

Very nice job on the time @Mwerte .:cheers:

Tokyo scares the crap out of me with all the blind turn ins.:nervous:

Got a question for you fellas:

Have any of you got a 7.1 headset and if so, is it worth getting one for GTS? I've read it's really good but everything I've read about is played over speakers, not a headset.

The headset I'm looking at (Corsair HS70) is virtual 7.1 so would I need dedicated 7.1?

I'm trying to get all the naps in while I can!

I use headphones. Sennheieser 595 plugged right into my TV. Couldn't ask for more, really.

7.1 is physically not possible with two speakers, as in, headphones.

Back