Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter RockerBR
  • 607 comments
I would agree if we were talking about a single car (unless it was a premium RUF :)). While unless you are big fan of the brand or just really enjoy driving that particular model, but I would argue a track offers a lot more longevity and playability.
And Trackdays.

Well now, isn't this grand? :lol: 👍 This is truly great news. 👍 I don't usually hop on these hype trains, but in this case it looks as if its relatively safe to do so. :sly: Track looks great and can't wait to drive it. It reminds me a lot of Spa in a few ways, which in my opinion, is a good thing. 👍 So yea, finally something for me to get exited about. :D

Come on @TokoTurismo , you know you're excited too. :sly: :lol: Better than that damn car, uh?

Not at all my friend, if all your other posts about gt were a mixed bag then no problem. But the overwhelming majority of everything you say is extremely negative. What was your post on the news page again? Something about textures?
Edit: sorry it was in this thread

If I think something is great, I'll say so. If I think something isn't so great, I'll critique it. I'm perfectly entitled to do so within the AUP and I'm sorry I'm not sorry if people that think everything is perfect can't handle that. I challenge anyone to say this track looks visually stunning. It isn't. I'm just the one that actually comes out and says it like it is. That doesn't mean I think the whole thing is awful and I'll never drive it. I'm just critiquing what I can see at this stage.

Nice.
Now all they need to do is add career events that use this track as well as the old layouts of Monza & Brands Hatch.
Maybe add career events for FGT & Senna's F1/F3 cars as well.

I'm fairly excited. Let's hope this is a turning point in terms of new tracks.

If I think something is great, I'll say so. If I think something isn't so great, I'll critique it. I'm perfectly entitled to do so within the AUP and I'm sorry I'm not sorry if people that think everything is perfect can't handle that. I challenge anyone to say this track looks visually stunning. It isn't. I'm just the one that actually comes out and says it like it is. That doesn't mean I think the whole thing is awful and I'll never drive it. I'm just critiquing what I can see at this stage.
The problem that I, and certainly others in here have, is that i've never actually seen a post of yours that has complemented GT6. Every post i've seen is just negative, and it just gets relentlessly tiring seeing negative arguments that almost seem forced.

hsv
I'm fairly excited. Let's hope this is a turning point in terms of new tracks.

The problem that I, and certainly others in here have, is that i've never actually seen a post of yours that has complemented GT6. Every post i've seen is just negative, and it just gets relentlessly tiring seeing negative arguments that almost seem forced.

Well it's hard to be positive in a lot of areas with this game, that isn't my fault. Although it seems you did miss my initial post in this thread.

Finally a new track, good. If it is sponsored by Red Bull it may come free.

I also don't understand how it's forced. I opened the web page, looked at the photos of the track and immediately my first thought was that the textures and general track look wasn't great.

Do you think the track looks great?

I would agree if we were talking about a single car (unless it was a premium RUF :)). While unless you are big fan of the brand or just really enjoy driving that particular model, but I would argue a track offers a lot more longevity and playability.

You'd think it would in all honesty, but one track no matter how affectionate I am for it doesn't begin to make this a better game for me.

And that's just me being honest.

Given the following facts:
  1. Redbull has a close association with Kaz/PD
  2. Redbull spent $100,000,000 on renovations at RBR/A1/Osterreichring since acquiring it in '04
  3. This weekend RBR will host the Austrian Grand Prix for the first time since '03
  4. Maintenance scheduled for tonight.
I will take a First Class Cabin on the Hypetrain. ALL ABOARD!!

Dayum, great find. I love the A1 ring hopefully the modified Redbull track is not bad either. The location is amazing.

This will be a DLC for sure not free. Can't wait 👍

I absolutely LOVE the A1 Ring, now called Red Bull Ring. IT'S GONNA BE GLORIOUS.

I was talking with some friends yesterday about the fact that was very strange with the partnership between PD and RBR the Red Bull Ring wasn't in the game yet lol

YES. THANKS KAZ!!!

You can see it's GT graphics because of the distinctly average texture work, as usual. I really hope they make great strides in that area on PS4 and don't throw all the details into the cars again.

I mean you'd never mistake this for real life:

nature-meets-high-octane-racing-action.jpg

As far as I can tell PD use very high resolution Satellite Images to get the textures around the track making them 100% accurate in style and colour at the time of the picture was taken. It allows for the differing colours on the ground you don't see in other games making GT's renditions more accurate. Just look at Willow Springs and Silverstone for example. They look loads better because of the Satellite Image. They only use proper texture-work close to the track itself. I imagine doing this makes them closer to the real things and keeps the file size down as to make it work on the PS3.

In my opinion. One massive Satellite Image looks better than one or 2 grass textures because of the accuracy it creates even if it's slightly lower resolution on the boundaries. Besides, you won't see these lower resolution textures when you're actually driving around the track, which if I'm not mistaken, is what is intended to be done with the tracks. :rolleyes:

As far as I can tell PD use very high resolution Satellite Images to get the textures around the track making them 100% accurate in style and colour at the time of the picture was taken. It allows for the differing colours on the ground you don't see in other games making GT's renditions more accurate. Just look at Willow Springs and Silverstone for example. They look loads better because of the Satellite Image. They only use proper texture-work close to the track itself. I imagine doing this makes them closer to the real things and keeps the file size down as to make it work on the PS3.

In my opinion. One massive Satellite Image looks better than one or 2 grass textures because of the accuracy it creates even if it's slightly lower resolution on the boundaries. Besides, you won't see these lower resolution textures when you're actually driving around the track, which if I'm not mistaken, is what is intended to be done with the tracks. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure the problem is the trees, which will either head the toward the direction you're facing (Like in Ascari... creepy), or just look like cartboard cutouts. :P

As far as I can tell PD use very high resolution Satellite Images to get the textures around the track making them 100% accurate in style and colour at the time of the picture was taken. It allows for the differing colours on the ground you don't see in other games making GT's renditions more accurate.

What? Most games do that for surrounding land, but I'm not talking about that.

Again, who said I was talking about the stuff outside the track? Everything in those screenshots looks lower quality than I'd hope for and it's certainly not the first time, there are plenty of low res textures on other tracks that I do notice when driving. But I suspect we're going down the same route as the Senna tracks here, where when I pointed out that they were a weird mix of modern scenery and 80s layout I was told I should stop looking at the surroundings and just focus my eyes 100% on the tarmac and nothing else. Someone else was told to photoshop the 80s surroundings into their photos. Roll eyes indeed.

I'd have to agree there is much worse in GT at the moment.

I never claimed otherwise but I don't see how that affects my opinion on this track.

@Terronium-12 said he doesn't care for the track at all, why don't we all jump down on him for daring to not love this new addition?

Latest Posts

Back