Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,215 comments
I'm working on the FH3 Forzathon right now, and as usual, the Ebisu Style achievement is kicking my ass. I've been at it all morning and only have 4 out of 10.

I was at the construction site for barrel rolls and figured it's a great place to repeat ebisu. Still moderately annoying but way better than the dunes.

I was at the construction site for barrel rolls and figured it's a great place to repeat ebisu. Still moderately annoying but way better than the dunes.
I tried Ebisu at the construction site but can never seem to get any there. The dunes work best for me. I was getting worried because the achievement tracker quit tracking my Ebisu skills after five. But it still gave me the achievement once I finally got 10. As for the barrel rolls, I do them at the timber mill.

I have recently been playing all the Cross Country runs/races in Hot Hatches and Off Roaders around the Yarra Valley area. I forgot how good FH3 can be with racing and the lighting. I have had some great close races bumper to bumper as they are quite hard to win if you make a mistake (no rewind).

If you want a challenge of tough, bouncy, deep water, jumps and a muddy fight I highly recommend setting these up with post rain and dawn and playing in cockpit views. :D

If you have the Xbox One X they also look so detailed and great in 4k coming back to it again after the Crew2/Gravel etc. I think these races in FH4 in the mountains around Edinburgh are going to be ace (Can't wait) 👍

43788216362_5dc51c2939_h.jpg

43788216782_25c7de4c59_h.jpg

I still do the Forzathons every week, but getting FE cars as prizes is a little pointless. Everyone's already got them. You can't sell them, and no one is buying them at the auction house. It took me about two months to sell the last surplus XJ220HE I won. I know the one I won today won't sell. I really have no choice but to remove it from my garage.

EDIT: Having said all that, i did put it up for auction and it sold for 244,000 credits. Why people are bidding up XJ220HEs when there are literally dozen in the auction house for the minimum 200,000 credits and they are literally being given away for free right now is beyond me.

EDIT EDIT: I think the buyers screen name, x3p1c sNiiPEZZx, tell me everything I need to know.

Last edited:
What I don't understand with these Forzathons is the same old cars as the prizes. Aren't there other Forza Edition cars or rare cars that could be used as the Forzathon prize? Perhaps my memory is wrong, but aren't there some cars that were never apart of Forzathon? (either rare or Forza edition)

I'm really hoping they put the Porsche 928 up as a Forzathon prize once more since I know there are a lot of people who missed out on it when it was first made available.

I just finished this week's Forzathon and I'm wondering how much longer we will get them. FH2 has been removed from the store which means end of life is just around the corner. FH4 launches in a couple weeks. So will we get new Forzathons for FH3 for another 2 years until it reaches EoL?

It's going to be sad when FH3 retires from the store, not receiving updates for Forzathon, and so forth. I remember back in 2016 how excited we were for the game; adding many cool features, and even bringing old ones from the old forzas. Seeing it soon-to-end-up like FH2 makes me sad. :(

Attention @CaptainTNT and @yabiggoose I posted the full list in the Forzathon thread, but here are the highlights. 61 Forzathon events have been posted early and they're all live. Two impossible to get cars are featured, the Porsche 928 and Porsche 914/6. I can confirm they are real. I got my second 928 and 914 this morning.
Frequent Flyer - Get 3 Stars on the Airport Danger Sign to win the Porsche 928 GTS
December 7 - Achieve 10 Stuntman or Airborne Pass Skills to win the Porsche 914/6
(Stuntman Skill is Air, then land and immediately do a Near Miss. I did Airborne Pass. Just ran my Ramrunner in an offroad race a couple times, made sure to do my passing in the bouncy bits.)

Just playing this again guys, and ive just got all the fast travel boards like i have in horizon 4, but fast travel is not showing up on the map when i set a route..hmmm any ideas?

Found a new bug last night, where after uninstalling a design, it reverted back to the design when I reentered the festival.
I went to paint it again, except now it kept the shade of blue from the design, and color options only changed the shade and effect on the blue from the design.

So I present, gold chrome baby blue.

Attachments

• 0217190422d.jpg
    0217190422d.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 43
Played Horizon 3 for the first time in ages today, just to see if it felt different than H4. Surprisingly it did. Has anyone else played 3 after a long break? I have similar controls for both games but 3 just feels so much smoother to play, the cars don't all feel like they are on a knife edge. I don't detect the same sort of input lag that I've noticed in H4 and the cockpit camera feels more useable. Not only that, but the layout of each car tends to come across in a more believable way. Front engine cars turn in fast and you have to be careful on corner exit not to boil the tires, mid engine cars feel pretty balanced, and rear engine cars tend to oversteer on lift off. I feel like some amount of that nuance has been lost in the 4th game, all the cars feel like more or less the same. I actually wonder if PG simplified the physics in some way for 4. I've been struggling to eliminate high speed instability in the 996 GT3 in Horizon 4 with limited success - unless rear aero is substantially higher than front, the car just wants to oversteer at high speed. In Horizon 3 the car behaves far more predictably, the ass end of the car will come out for sure, but only if you really initiate some weight transfer. I don't know what it is, but Horizon 3 feels like it has a proper physics engine at work under the hood, where 4 feels strangely contrived.

(Tangent: I really do wonder if they changed something fundamental on 4. One thing that persistently annoys me is that AWD cars tend to feel more stable than RWD cars at all times. Now I appreciate that AWD cars will tend to be more stable while accelerating because there is more traction available, but it certainly feels like to me that AWD cars are less prone to oversteer in Horizon (especially 4) while under steady-state cornering loads, which shouldn't be the case. So many things about the way cars feel in Horizon 4 makes me think that they are assigned handling traits with grip multipliers (the ratios of which cannot be altered with different tires) rather than any robust physical differences between cars. What I mean by that, and this is pure speculation, is I wonder if PG has a base car model that they tweak with weight, power, and grip values/multipliers to achieve some facsimile of a cars handling characteristics, rather than have fully detailed physics models for every individual car. For instance, to go back to the 996 GT3 in 4 - it doesn't really feel rear-engined - it more feels like it has been arbitrarily assigned a low amount of rear lateral grip to give an impression of rear-engined tail sliding during cornering. It actually feels more like how I would expect an unloaded pickup truck to drive on snow/ice...or an early Audi TT, known for the high speed instability because of light rear end. It's hard for me to square that car's behavior with its actual configuration, unless something is contrived or they simply nerfed it somehow. I've harped on that car a lot, but there are plenty of others that feel unreasonably uncomposed within the Forza engine.)

In addition to the controls handling, the engine sounds are a level above in 3 versus 4. I've gotten so used to 4 that hearing 3 was actually surprising. There is so much detail in all situations - I particularly noticed the fidelity of the audio at low RPM and low load states, and the overrun sounds great as well. In Horizon 4, even the cars that sound broadly correct, the audio seems to be squeezed into some low bitrate file as well as filtered in unpleasant ways. Try driving the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 in Horizon 4 and then immediately boot up Horizon 3 and drive the same car. The difference is pretty remarkable, and that's a car that Horizon 4 gets mostly OK. The H3 version of the car just sounds so "full" and powerful. You can hear a lot of complexity in the sound. In H4 it's kind of all mushed together even if it sounds mostly correct.

Even the visuals in Horizon 3 seem a bit sharper. This is less obvious than the other two I mentioned above, but it somehow feels a little nicer to look at.

The big downside, of course, is that the Horizon 3 map/environment is a total snooze fest. There is not a single stretch of road that I find enjoyable on that map. It's a huge disappointment. It's a shame Horizon 2 is no longer available on XBL, because it seems like it would be the best of the 3 for me.

996 GT3 in Horizon 4 with limited success - unless rear aero is substantially higher than front, the car just wants to oversteer at high speed. In Horizon 3 the car behaves far more predictably, the ass end of the car will come out for sure, but only if you really initiate some weight transfer. I don't know what it is, but Horizon 3 feels like it has a proper physics engine at work under the hood, where 4 feels strangely contrived.
Cant say that physics in FH4 worse, but they definitely broke something in RR layout. 911 in FH3 was purrrfect, but in FH4 they feel soo broken.

It's a shame Horizon 2 is no longer available on XBL, because it seems like it would be the best of the 3 for me
Kinda. FH2 is great in terms of road racing, but sucks in offroad.

Until they're available to win again, the auction house is the only place to get them.
I wonder how they'll do for them once the game is abandoned...

Until they're available to win again, the auction house is the only place to get them.
I wonder how they'll do for them once the game is abandoned...

The game has been delisted and will have no further updates, so the answer is it's already effectively abandoned.

If you dont get a car via auction house you wont get it another way.

In my opinion, what they should have done is make all the cars available like they did with FM7.

PS can I post here if I'm not "relaxed"? :lol:

I know that FH4 has received a patch for Series X/S, but understand that no patch has been made for FH3.

So, I wondered whether there were any improvements to FH3 playing on Series S as I am likely to trade in my XoneX for a Series S after the summer?

For example, are the loading times any quicker for FH3 on Series S?

Also, is there any change to draw distance or pop in or anything like that?

Thanks 👍

I know that FH4 has received a patch for Series X/S, but understand that no patch has been made for FH3.

So, I wondered whether there were any improvements to FH3 playing on Series S as I am likely to trade in my XoneX for a Series S after the summer?

For example, are the loading times any quicker for FH3 on Series S?

Also, is there any change to draw distance or pop in or anything like that?

Thanks 👍
FH3 work in OneS mode on XSS. Less popin, higher loading speeds, more stability.

Playing Forza Horizon 3 lately. I wish these cars returned to the Forza Horizon series someday.

1998 Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600
Forza Horizon 3 (21).png

2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Forza Horizon 3 (52).png

2016 Ford Falcon FG X XR8
Forza Horizon 3 (24).png

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
Forza Horizon 3 (88).png

Back