Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
What the heck is that? Your game acting up too after HW installation? Been reading a good few horror stories on forza.net.

I was doing a race and throughout the whole thing, the game's lighting was acting up. Here's another shot I took at the beginning when it started happening.

full

The track is unusually bright for a sunrise, huh? Right after taking that photo, the game "caught up with itself" and it suddenly became day time. Surprisingly, the game didn't crash and everything turned back to normal once I returned to free roam.

I was doing a race and throughout the whole thing, the game's lighting was acting up. Here's another shot I took at the beginning when it started happening.

full

The track is unusually bright for a sunrise, huh? Right after taking that photo, the game "caught up with itself" and it suddenly became day time. Surprisingly, the game didn't crash and everything turned back to normal once I returned to free roam.

Ohh, yeah the game's lighting definitely acts up. You will see at night that some cars have such oversaturated brake lights then when you apply the brakes, they turn almost white/bright orange. During the day, when you switch between all the views, some of the first person views will either look overly bright or unusually low contrast. You shift to the bumper cam, and the lighting looks as it should. I really hope they are going to address the lighting in both FM7 and Horizon4 cos' the only Forza games this generation where I actually felt at home with the lighting was H2 and FM5 (very minor gripes there). There are other games that are killing it and it just leaves me mildly disappointed that the T10/PG guys are not trying hard enough. Unless they deliberately want their games to look uber glossy and oversaturated.

I remember stopping to enter a Stunt Race and instead of the brakes glowing, the entire rim was lit up. :lol:

Is the consensus that the car pack will be next week? So nothing at E3 for Horizon & all the focus on FM7?

There could be surprises but that's usually how it is. Last year's E3 for instance was all about Horizon with nothing regarding FM6 (the ForzaRC stuff was announced much later I believe)

That lighting glitch just happened to me too. The race started at dusk, then it warped to midday. Suddenly, the sun went supernova and everything was bright. Then, I was racing on Tatooine (there was a setting and rising sun). Finally, it shifted into overcast. Hot Wheels is a weird place...

Would love a PG Select pack like the one in FM6 that included some surprise entrants. I think the 323ti was the most pleasantly surprising car ever added.

They normally say when the last dlc will be and they haven't so I'm pretty sure they will release something.
That doesn't guarantee a dlc pack this month. There has been a month or 2 in past Forza titles where Turn 10 didn't release dlc packs at all, usually because they were announcing a new game. That didn't mean that they were done with dlc however, they continued with dlc packs after making their announcement.

Last month, they announced there won't be a DLC "this month". They were very particular in adding that phrase. It makes me think there will be more DLC in the future. (Of course being hopeful is not the same as being sure). With the second expansion released, I'm hoping we'll get back to monthly DLC for at least a couple months. Another thing I'm hopeful for is the Toyota 2000GT and Mazda RX-3 being future barn finds or Forzathon prize cars.

I did here a rumour somewhere can't remember where that there was not going to be a car pack for a third month which of course is June.

I suppose T10 and PG are pushing out more Forzathon cars instead but I could be wrong!!

Saying that we still have a lot of leaked cars still to come my guess we will see them in future Forzathon's and car packs soon.

Last edited:
When they said no car pack the Porsche pack came out and then the hot wheels, so there has always been something added to the game.

Clue 1: You’ve got to trust your instinct.

Clue 2: Do you remember when you first got your own car?

Clue 3: “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

Clue 4: The clue thread clues are the closest thing to randomness you will ever find.

Clue 5: No matter what you think of it, it is still a star!

Clue 6: There weren’t a lot of gizmos back in the day but you could still easily get cut off.

Clue 7: Somewhat of a diamond in the rough.

Okay then, I guess my previous comments are now null. For the clues, I have no idea what any of them mean. Well, maybe except clue 5. It sounds like it would be a misfit car in a movie or something. Though, all of the cars I can think of are in the game already. Well, except for the VW Beetle (because Herbie). However, that wouldn't work due to VW's current licensing issues.

Based on the remaining cars from the leaked car list earlier this year, expect some of these to appear:
  • 1973 AMC Gremlin X
  • 1995 Ferrari F50 GT
  • 2016 Lotus 3-Eleven (#1 - Based on my... uh, instinct.)
  • 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (#7 - Diamond logo)
  • 1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck
  • 1971 Chevrolet Vega (#5 - A Vega is a type of star)
  • 2013 Dodge Dart
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Cars in bold I think stand a good chance of being in this month's pack.

Clue 1: You’ve got to trust your instinct.
No idea, so I'm going to guess Bugatti Type 57 until I get my wish.

Clue 2: Do you remember when you first got your own car?
Yeah, but I don't think a Toyota Crown Mark II is going to make it in this game.

Clue 3: “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”
1948 Tucker

Clue 4: The clue thread clues are the closest thing to randomness you will ever find.
Random? Mazda RX-3?

Subaru 360? (the Subaru emblem is the Pleiades star cluster)

Clue 6: There weren’t a lot of gizmos back in the day but you could still easily get cut off.
AMC Gremlin? because of the way the back of the car makes it look like an AMC Hornet with it's trunk cut off (which is what it actually was.)

Clue 7: Somewhat of a diamond in the rough.
Mitsubishi Pajero?

Clue 1:
You’ve got to trust your instinct" it's a reference for a song, by 311, called All Mixed up with Lyrics.
311 it's the number of exemplars produced of the 2017 Lotus 3-Eleven. also.. (311= 3-Eleven)

Clue 3:
A Mike Tyson quote; Tyson it's the 1st man in the world to purchase the Ferrari F50, so since the normal F50 it's in the game, i bet the Ferrari F50 GT.

1971 Chevrolet Vega GT! Vega it's the most brightest star of the Lyra constellation and even it's a bad car for most of the people... it's stll a star because her name.

Clue 1:
You’ve got to trust your instinct" it's a reference for a song, by 311, called All Mixed up with Lyrics.
311 it's the number of exemplars produced of the 2017 Lotus 3-Eleven. also.. (311= 3-Eleven).

I didn't even think of that in my post, it was literally a random pick from the the car I wanted most. I guess trusting my instinct paid off! :lol:

Clue 1:
311 it's the number of exemplars produced of the 2017 Lotus 3-Eleven. also.. (311= 3-Eleven)

Clue 3:
A Mike Tyson quote; Tyson it's the 1st man in the world to purchase the Ferrari F50, so since the normal F50 it's in the game, i bet the Ferrari F50 GT.

1971 Chevrolet Vega GT! Vega it's the most brightest star of the Lyra constellation and even it's a bad car for most of the people... it's stll a star because her name.

TIL that Mike Tyson bought the first production F50

AMC Gremlin? because of the way the back of the car makes it look like an AMC Hornet with it's trunk cut off (which is what it actually was.)

As well as the main creature in the movie "Gremlins" was named Gizmo.

Im looking more forward to the sound fixes coming in the update.

Oh me too! Another member from the community, Nitro Glitter, joined in on the "Valiant sound" post on Forza.net, under the main FH3 sub-section. I hope they fix ALL issues, not only the ones people are discussing in that thread.

And I don't know why there's speculation going on here about what cars are coming. They announced there will be no more car packs for now.

Back