Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,215 comments
So after an hour and a half, buying the Merc, tuning it, watching the same YT tutorial twice and what felt like fifty thousand attempts, I finally three stared that Airport jump to get my Hurucan HE, I didn't clear it by that much but I don't care, its done!!

Man, I just gave up after what seemed like 30-something attempts. It was getting ridiculous. I was always falling short by 11 meters or 9 meters. Super-annoying. So I said "ehhh **** it".

Psa: the HE Huracan has a different sound with the exhaust pops back in. Waaay better than the regular one.

So this HE edition does not use the generic V12 Lambo engine swap sound? Hmm.. I might want to get this at the AC then. The standard Huracan sound is terrible - a complete step back from the FM6/H2 sample.

So this HE edition does not use the generic V12 Lambo engine swap sound? Hmm.. I might want to get this at the AC then. The standard Huracan sound is terrible - a complete step back from the FM6/H2 sample.
The Huracan HE reuses the Gallardo's sound for it's stock engine. You can swap the V12 in, but why would you? The regular Huracan (and the Sesto Elemento for that matter) just uses a pitched up Viper V10 sound (again, more laziness on their part).

Are the servers acting up for anyone else? Been playing fine for the majority of the day. But recently I keep getting disconnected from lobbies, and occasionally the Auction House tab is grayed out.

Are the servers acting up for anyone else? Been playing fine for the majority of the day. But recently I keep getting disconnected from lobbies, and occasionally the Auction House tab is grayed out.

I was literally typing this as you said that, I've been dealing with that along with crashing every like 5 minutes for no reason.

We get one of these threads every year before E3. Usually a few questions from this get asked to Dan Greenawalt and based on his responses you can read between the lines on what the answers could be ;)

If you're submitting a question, I recommend wording it in such a way that you should expect a yes or no response. If you leave wiggle room, somebody well-versed in the art of media relations will wiggle :sly:

Also don't be afraid to hit Like on any other questions you see in the thread that you'd like to see answered.

I've been thinking about something today after watching the WRC, would anybody be interested in doing a rally-style event?

I think the best way to go about it would be something like this:
  • Online Freeroam - Collisions Off
  • 12 players
  • 5-10 Trail Race events (off-road point-to-point)
  • Screenshot all results screens
  • Add up each player's event times, lowest combined total wins
Not sure on car selection yet, but I reckon using one of the default car categories (Modern a Rally etc.) plus a Class limit of S1 would be enough.

Obviously this isn't some super serious racing event (it's Horizon afterall) but is should be good for a fun evening of racing at the very least :)

If there's enough interest I'll set up a thread and figure out the structure of it all.

Coming back to this, so far based on likes and responses the following might be interested:

1. @Populuxe Cowboy
  2. @Snorevette
  3. @JASON_ROCKS1998
  4. @GTvsForza
  5. @Speedster911
  6. @PJTierney
Anyone else? I'd like to get at least 10 together before making a thread to organise it.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll be getting any more typical DLCs. We're already getting between 4-6 cars for free every month via Forzathons, so it's not like the supply of new cars has dried up. It just seems odd that MS/T10/PG would pass on the opportunity to make more money with more paid DLCs.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll be getting any more typical DLCs. We're already getting between 4-6 cars for free every month via Forzathons, so it's not like the supply of new cars has dried up. It just seems odd that MS/T10/PG would pass on the opportunity to make more money with more paid DLCs.

That could be the case, but what I expect will happen is that some of the rarer and maybe more fan requested cars (Example: G63 6x6) would be offered in Forzathon's, and everything else in a DLC pack.

It doesn't make a lot of financial sense to me to have the more pedestrian cars as paid DLC and the heavily-requested desirable cars be free.

At the same time, it makes sense from a good will prospective. It means it gives everyone an equal chance of getting the hotly requested vehicles for free, instead of dropping 8 or 9 bucks for a pack.

Had fun with a little car meet on freeroam. Not a big group, but wanted to try out my Skyline GTS-R and Rotary Engine MX-5. Wish I took photos.

The Huracan HE reuses the Gallardo's sound for it's stock engine. You can swap the V12 in, but why would you? The regular Huracan (and the Sesto Elemento for that matter) just uses a pitched up Viper V10 sound (again, more laziness on their part).

Well, I rather like the sound on the Gallardo - it's fairly accurate if not completely accurate. The Sesto Elemento is rather nice - it has those wonderful pops/crackles from the Huracan's exhaust. As for the Huracan swap? Ekkh! Why would I do that? I just wanted to know if the HE was just another Lambo with the generic V12 sound (which isn't all that impressive to begin with).

The H2/F5 and F6 samples are still the best to date. 👍 I'm actually really excited for FM7; I know they will improve sound in a major way.

One theory could be that they are at long last embarrassed about the game glitches and car sound inconsistencies and thought giving away free cars may somewhat appease fans until fixes can be had. Theory no.2 which is more than likely, is that that they really want people flooding in to get FM7 - typically a few months before a new Forza game is about to arrive, they do give away free stuff and/or add-ons at heavily discounted prices.

Last edited:
Got my 911 turbo in the Forzathon, much easier than the Lambo one in the week!

Um, is it possible to turn off traffic in FH3? I'm asking because I just hopped into my Audi R8 and I've noticed that the roads are surprisingly empty.

Back