RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
What i did is just get the base game even if for me the season pass or expansion is a must for the extra bikes.
There's enough to unlock already in the base game until the next game comes out and is discounted i think.
Depends on the improvements, i might even wait for a new gen game in the series.

Edit: my god just saw an ad for the new Suzuki Katana. The original was a no compromise hardcore race style bike with low slung riding position and minimum extras for barebones no added weight style of bike in 1981 82 83.
They use it's name for a basic standard as they come style of bike pff oook. They advertise it as the legend is back lol.

Last edited:
Just got Ride 3 and loving every moment.

The bikes feel really understeery though. I feel that I'm using weight transfer and braking correctly, but even at speeds under 60 kph+ I often miss the apex either due to my rider not leaning heavily enough into the corner or maybe not turning the bike/handlebars like he should? I think IRL, I could take the same corners at 100 kph+ easily with enough practice.

Tried different rider styles, but that seems to have no effect.

I don't know, feels like I have to use a lot of analogue stick travel and leaning to just turn a little. Isle of Man TT feels just right, although that is a game with heavily modded, superlight race bikes only, so...

I don't know - anyone find a solution to this understeer thing? It's kind of annoying. All assists are off. Physics level set to Pro.

I'm talking about stock bikes only. I haven't gotten around to tuning or adding parts, but do I have to just to get the proper response?

Unusual amount of understeer in general, that's all.

Just got Ride 3 and loving every moment.

The bikes feel really understeery though. I feel that I'm using weight transfer and braking correctly, but even at speeds under 60 kph+ I often miss the apex either due to my rider not leaning heavily enough into the corner or maybe not turning the bike/handlebars like he should? I think IRL, I could take the same corners at 100 kph+ easily with enough practice.

Tried different rider styles, but that seems to have no effect.

I don't know, feels like I have to use a lot of analogue stick travel and leaning to just turn a little. Isle of Man TT feels just right, although that is a game with heavily modded, superlight race bikes only, so...

I don't know - anyone find a solution to this understeer thing? It's kind of annoying. All assists are off. Physics level set to Pro.

I'm talking about stock bikes only. I haven't gotten around to tuning or adding parts, but do I have to just to get the proper response?

Unusual amount of understeer in general, that's all.
If you use the tuckin function, the bikes turn in alot better. I tested it many times and for sure it works, on many or most bikes at least.
You can still use the stick to adjust your weight too when tuckedin even if the animation doesn't show it much.
You can feel it more easily maybe in helmet view too.
Hope helps.
Edit: also you can set each bike's set-up to be more responsive a little for throttle and brake by setting those to more agressive.
It won't change much the understeer though, just thought to mention that too.

Last edited:
You're probably mostly going too fast as a result of any or all of:
A lack ground clearance (limits lean angle)
Non-sticky tyres
Not enough weight on the front wheel (setup).

There are fixes for the last two, but the first is bike dependent and can be quite frustrating, not least because it's an easy mod in the real world. Certain bikes seem inexplicably crippled by unrealistically meagre lean limits, whilst others will clip happily through the ground...

In my experience the TT game "drives" more like a four-wheeler, whereas RIDE is a little less instant in the steering department and you do have to plan your line from a long way back - just like a real bike, only less sub-conscious.

Start slow and work on your mid-corner speed control for line adjustment and go from there.
If you're diving into corners on the brakes, the bike will simply try to turn at the speed you are at (too fast) and the unseen ABS will largely prevent the bike from slowing down very much at all (until you lowside) since you are also trying to turn. So practice braking for the corner first, then turning in and cornering at a constant speed - add trail braking later.

It's worth remembering I have long since forgotten exactly what I did to create a custom input mapping for RIDE 3 (PC). I think I at least tweaked steering precision and removed the deadzone.

Tourist Trophy conditioned me to avoid doing that. I will have to try it, although I have a hard time with the default button assignment for tucking. So much so I've reverted to auto-tucking :)

I would guess it's addressing the "weight on the front wheel" issue, which I personally tackle with setup. Even though it seems a little odd to be hugging the tank mid-corner, it can't hurt to train tactically deploying extra front end grip as and when...

Ah yeah, well then maybe it can be ignored that way. But if i remember correctly it auto tucks only when braking or throttling so you don't get the benefit of it in a curve once you let go of the brake or throttle. I'll have to try it again to be sure. Can't remember just now as i don't use auto mode.

Thanks a lot gentlemen! @Griffith500 @Jtheripper

I knew I wasn't using weight transfer properly - plus, the fact that coming from Isle of Man TT, the bikes steer way to easily in that game. Anyhow, I will also experiment with tuning as you suggested.

Also have some questions about the game which I wonder you have experienced too:

* Once you stop your bike in chase view and the camera zooms in, the rider's hands are no longer animated. So if you're revving in neutral, you won't see him moving his fist or using the clutch.

* Upgrading the bike with engine and exhaust upgrades seems to have no effect on the sound characteristics. A design choice?

* The milestone boot up screen causes crackling and popping sound in the audio

* Using the helmet cam, some bikes produce distortion in my speakers, as if they can't handle the sound. Should I just try lowering the master volume?

* Physics model is quite forgiving - stepping into dirt/grass and back on the track has no effect?

Would really like your input, especially form those who ride fast bikes IRL.

Update: I've been experimenting with just weight transfer for now, and noticed that shifting your weight to the front right before turning in and slowing down a little extra seems to really get the nose to turn in better toward the apex.

Second, shifting weight towards the back and powering out of the turn helps to 'slingshot' the bike with more speed and grip coming out of turns. Kind of like how you would use power oversteer on a RWD or AWD car when exiting corners. :gtpflag:

Update #2:

Realized timing your weight transfer and leaning/tucking, etc. matters more than anything. I'm practically taking corners like a pro.

Perhaps the issue may have been IoMTT's oversteery physics - the bikes switch lanes like... cars! Maybe that's how TT bikes handle IRL - so that explains why I had trouble easing into Ride 3's physics model.

It's a great physics model - it's got aids for sure - but approachable. Hoping to see a pure sim model in R4.

Sounds are fantastic BTW - on most bikes, revving sounds, shifting, acceleration - quite well represented.

Is there a way to 'blip' the throttle on downshifts to make the bikes sound cool? :rolleyes:

Also, what part do I need to upgrade to unlock steering tuning settings? I've maxed out my 2005 CBR Fireblade but I can't adjust steering settings.

"Using the helmet cam, some bikes produce distortion in my speakers, as if they can't handle the sound. Should I just try lowering the master volume?"

^^ I tried lowering the master volume along with engine effects and wind noise - it seemed to improve a little and you can even make the distortion/mild crackling disappear completely but then the volume becomes low in the other views.

I think it's the extra loud and powerful, muffled sound in helmet cam that introduces mild audio artifacts. I also hear distortion and crackling when the Milestone logo pops up at boot up (towards the end of the animation particularly). Nothing wrong with my audio setup.

Anyway, it's such a fantastic bike game. I'm hooked and took the day off just for this. Don't feel like getting back to work. :D:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot gentlemen! @Griffith500 @Jtheripper

I knew I wasn't using weight transfer properly - plus, the fact that coming from Isle of Man TT, the bikes steer way to easily in that game. Anyhow, I will also experiment with tuning as you suggested.

Also have some questions about the game which I wonder you have experienced too:

* Once you stop your bike in chase view and the camera zooms in, the rider's hands are no longer animated. So if you're revving in neutral, you won't see him moving his fist or using the clutch.

* Upgrading the bike with engine and exhaust upgrades seems to have no effect on the sound characteristics. A design choice?

* The milestone boot up screen causes crackling and popping sound in the audio

* Using the helmet cam, some bikes produce distortion in my speakers, as if they can't handle the sound. Should I just try lowering the master volume?

* Physics model is quite forgiving - stepping into dirt/grass and back on the track has no effect?

Would really like your input, especially form those who ride fast bikes IRL.

Update: I've been experimenting with just weight transfer for now, and noticed that shifting your weight to the front right before turning in and slowing down a little extra seems to really get the nose to turn in better toward the apex.

Second, shifting weight towards the back and powering out of the turn helps to 'slingshot' the bike with more speed and grip coming out of turns. Kind of like how you would use power oversteer on a RWD or AWD car when exiting corners. :gtpflag:

Update #2:

Realized timing your weight transfer and leaning/tucking, etc. matters more than anything. I'm practically taking corners like a pro.

Perhaps the issue may have been IoMTT's oversteery physics - the bikes switch lanes like... cars! Maybe that's how TT bikes handle IRL - so that explains why I had trouble easing into Ride 3's physics model.

It's a great physics model - it's got aids for sure - but approachable. Hoping to see a pure sim model in R4.

Sounds are fantastic BTW - on most bikes, revving sounds, shifting, acceleration - quite well represented.

Is there a way to 'blip' the throttle on downshifts to make the bikes sound cool? :rolleyes:

Also, what part do I need to upgrade to unlock steering tuning settings? I've maxed out my 2005 CBR Fireblade but I can't adjust steering settings.

"Using the helmet cam, some bikes produce distortion in my speakers, as if they can't handle the sound. Should I just try lowering the master volume?"

^^ I tried lowering the master volume along with engine effects and wind noise - it seemed to improve a little and you can even make the distortion/mild crackling disappear completely but then the volume becomes low in the other views.

I think it's the extra loud and powerful, muffled sound in helmet cam that introduces mild audio artifacts. I also hear distortion and crackling when the Milestone logo pops up at boot up (towards the end of the animation particularly). Nothing wrong with my audio setup.

Anyway, it's such a fantastic bike game. I'm hooked and took the day off just for this. Don't feel like getting back to work. :D:lol:
Yeah the sound is not perfect but for me, in helmet view the sound is so much better and immersive, same for the feel in that view. I find the 3rd person view boring in comparison, and more arcade feeling, especially in this game at least.
In motogp19 i like both views but still my fav is usually pilot perspective.

The tuckin really makes a big difference to me and bikes turn in fine with it pressed.
And the brake trailing works well too when tucked.
Yeah its forgiving still but seems to depend alot on each bike. A bike like the yam 600 sport and many of the high performance bikes do slide and risk losing it if you touch outside the track.
Plus when you push back your weight transfer to accelerate out of a corner to give more traction to the rear you need manage the wheelie on many higher performing bikes. Its fun.
Also you can try on wet tracks, and it looks better too.

I knew I wasn't using weight transfer properly - plus, the fact that coming from Isle of Man TT, the bikes steer way to easily in that game.

TT game feels terrible compered to Ride 3, more like driving a bus around the track.
When you go off the track in MotoGP19, come off the bike and slipstream a lot more.

@John Wells @Jtheripper

John, I will try out MotoGP 19' for sure as I've made enough purchases this month! Read the reviews and seems like a worthwhile motorcycle game to own. I've tried MotoGP 17' only and didn't really like it.

TT feels fine on its own - the bikes are actually very responsive and you have to use weight transfer and throttle management properly. I was actually blown away by the immersion, physics model and sense of speed. I feel that you have to lean too much in Ride 3 just to change your racing line or take a long sweeping bend, which is kind of unusual.

J-ripper, would you recommend auto-tuck and front + rear brake combined for now? I wish the tuck button could be just pressed once, instead of holding it down. My hands hurt after a while. Also, trying to master weight transfer, but that means less leaning as I have it set to left analogue stick. Tried the right one, but feels very strange.

I think the key to gaining optimal grip around turns in R3 is timing your tucks and weight transfer. I agree on the helmet view - best thing I've seen in a bike game - looks immersive and man - I can feel the sounds rumbling away in my chest. Instant recipe for higher T-levels, haha! Was on a rampage at the gym after playing Ride 3. :lol::lol:

I love both games actually and can't decide which one has better physics. Need to get on a real bike... or not. :lol:

Wonder why there's no replay option in Time Attack mode. Would have loved to see a replay of my session, learning from mistakes, taking photos around specific spots, all that good stuff.

Almost forgot - is the Gold Ed worth it? I got the Standard one as I wanted to get a feel for the game first. More bikes and credits multiplier is all you get with the Season Pass? No tracks?

They've locked some really sweet bikes behind a paywall, btw *dohh*

Last edited:
TT feels fine on its own - the bikes are actually very responsive and you have to use weight transfer and throttle management properly. I was actually blown away by the immersion, physics model and sense of speed. I feel that you have to lean too much in Ride 3 just to change your racing line or take a long sweeping bend, which is kind of unusual.
The sense of speed, in TT is amazing, detail of track, changes round the course, fast over the mountain. But then you have crashes, that are really annoying, still haven't done one lap without coming off.

I had MotoGP 15, 19, is much approved, but if don't like MotoGP, then won't be for you.

Can anyone vouch for sounds changing after exhaust upgrades?

I was excited to see so many engine upgrade options - but tried a variety of different exhausts on my CBR-1000 Fireblade and then a YZF-R6 as well as R1. I can't really tell - I don't think the sound changes noticeably or perhaps not at all.

I imagine IRL, exhaust upgrades change the sound character of a bike quite noticeably?

@John Wells The sense of speed is almost addictive to a degree that you don't want to put the game down. It actually feels dangerous - like you're on the edge, fearing for your life, all that! I'm not crashing as much now because I've figured out the physics model. As for MotoGP, I might get the 2019 one if it goes on sale.

I was excited to see so many engine upgrade options - but tried a variety of different exhausts on my CBR-1000 Fireblade and then a YZF-R6 as well as R1. I can't really tell - I don't think the sound changes noticeably or perhaps not at all.

Yeah their isn't much of a change, all the race bike's, sound good though.
Tried TT game yesterday, felt better in cockpit view till crashed.:boggled:

Yeah their isn't much of a change, all the race bike's, sound good though.
Tried TT game yesterday, felt better in cockpit view till crashed.:boggled:

Oh yes, the race bikes sound lovely. Very convincing. Although I was riding a stock ZX-10R sport bike yesterday and I could not get over how beautiful it sounded. Almost 1:1 with the real ZX-10R Ninja.

I feel TT feels better in cockpit in the sense that the bike's turning and leaning is very responsive. You even think about leaning and the bike starts turning and leaning seamlessly. In R3, it takes too much effort to lean and turn - I'm not sure if 'slow and laggy' is the right way to describe it, but somewhat feels like the bike turns first and then the rider starts following with it. Kind of feels slow and delayed - I don't know.

Both games have an exceptionally good physics model I believe, you just have to get used to them in their own unique way. I'm 'leaning' toward R3 because there's a lot more variety to be had.

BTW, a new "thing" I've started to do in R3: stop in the middle of the track after setting some times. Turn the volume way up and just rev the bike! There's very few games out there - car or bike - that get the idle/neutral revving sounds right. Ride 3 is spot on. Try the Ninja ZX-10R, sorry don't remember which year, probably 2014. The sound is pure bliss.

I wonder why there are no replays in Time Attack. So annoying. Would have been nice to see your bike in action.

What's with the tunes resetting every time I get into a new Time Attach or Quick Race? Weird.

Also, I noticed some really bizarre stuttering in race replays with other bikes on the screen. First there were frame hiccups, and then the entire screen and my bike (no AI bikes around) started hicupping as if a frame got stuck or something. Playing at the 60fps setting.

Oh yes, the race bikes sound lovely. Very convincing. Although I was riding a stock ZX-10R sport bike yesterday and I could not get over how beautiful it sounded. Almost 1:1 with the real ZX-10R Ninja.

I feel TT feels better in cockpit in the sense that the bike's turning and leaning is very responsive. You even think about leaning and the bike starts turning and leaning seamlessly. In R3, it takes too much effort to lean and turn - I'm not sure if 'slow and laggy' is the right way to describe it, but somewhat feels like the bike turns first and then the rider starts following with it. Kind of feels slow and delayed - I don't know.

Both games have an exceptionally good physics model I believe, you just have to get used to them in their own unique way. I'm 'leaning' toward R3 because there's a lot more variety to be had.

BTW, a new "thing" I've started to do in R3: stop in the middle of the track after setting some times. Turn the volume way up and just rev the bike! There's very few games out there - car or bike - that get the idle/neutral revving sounds right. Ride 3 is spot on. Try the Ninja ZX-10R, sorry don't remember which year, probably 2014. The sound is pure bliss.

I wonder why there are no replays in Time Attack. So annoying. Would have been nice to see your bike in action.

What's with the tunes resetting every time I get into a new Time Attach or Quick Race? Weird.

Also, I noticed some really bizarre stuttering in race replays with other bikes on the screen. First there were frame hiccups, and then the entire screen and my bike (no AI bikes around) started hicupping as if a frame got stuck or something. Playing at the 60fps setting.
Well all their newer games with unreal4 game engine have this stutter, even motogp19, on some tracks or with lower amount of opponents maybe it's less but on some tracks it's really disruptive.
Also it's same no replays in many modes in motogp19, dissapointing for sure. And the replays aren't so great.

And if you find ride3 understeery or slow to respond to turn ins, motogp19 is even slower, and you need slow down alot and use engine braking by downshifting to help it turn in. Seems artificially limited, mostly in the older than newest motogp bikes to make them seem more different and not as performing i guess.

One thing i really like in motogp19 is you have clutch control and can even make it analog by setting it to a stick. So you can do blips even though i was told modern motogp bikes only use clutch on start up.
Also even though motogp19 seems more sim in some ways, things like going off track doesn't seem to dirty your tires and affect grip when back on track.

Much less variety also in motogp19, but you do have the tracks of that championship and i like some of the historic bikes with good sound even in 3rd person, like Wayne Rainey's 2 stroke, with volume way up on decent headphones.

"J-ripper, would you recommend auto-tuck and front + rear brake combined for now? I wish the tuck button could be just pressed once, instead of holding it down. My hands hurt after a while. " ...i just set tuckin to the circle on ds4, the right most button, and just hold it down with the middle part under the thumb. And set upshift to triangle up button so i can upshift with the tip of the thumb while still holding down the circle.

"Almost forgot - is the Gold Ed worth it? I got the Standard one as I wanted to get a feel for the game first. More bikes and credits multiplier is all you get with the Season Pass? No tracks?

They've locked some really sweet bikes behind a paywall, btw *dohh*".... Yeah there's nice bikes in the add-ons but there is so many that take a while to unlock in the base game that i think I'll just wait for ride4 instead of paying for the season pass.
No added tracks seems.

Motogp19 has weird weight transfer controls to me. You can see my posts in it's tread. But i do like it still alot as it is thrilling to try handle high performance bikes.
And the slower response does make the controls smoother and more reliable, less jittery especially in pilot view. And you can see in replays the smoother controls making it look more believable. And you feel the grip and handling a little better i think.
But it does seem limited artificially and ride3 seems to let you loose with the bike more.

Also if you like really high sense of speed ride3 has that alot more than motogp19.

And a small detail you might not notice is you have to change oil every few 100km or you lose a lot of power. It's a cute detail at 1st but it gets annoying because you're never sure when it happens and you have to go out of the race into customization to change it when you see the red oil warning.

Last edited:
The stutter seems related to geometry streaming, based on my experiments on PC.

Getting adaptive v-sync to work properly and taking steps to ensure a consistently high framerate helped for me - this simply meant forgoing some resolution to keep everything well over 60 fps at all times.

With traditional fixed frame timing, reducing the geometric detail did help (I have a "slow" / old CPU), but it didn't completely eliminate the issue. I used some of the commonly reported UE4 .ini fiddling tricks to find a theoretical upper limit to fps (with some frankly silly visual results), and although it belted along, it still stuttered at certain predictable points on the track. So it seems it's not a performance problem with my hardware so much as an optimisation / architectural / configuration one on Milestone's / Epic's side of things.

With adaptive timing, I don't need to reduce geometric detail at all to keep the speed up. Any stuttering / hanging is caught by the adaptive sync, whilst the fast refresh keeps the impact of the irregular timing on my brain to a minimum (a slightly late frame is better than a missed one).

Of course, none of this is possible on the consoles (yet).

As for oil changes, this series has conditioned me to do it every time I select a bike. A needless faff, really.

The stutter seems related to geometry streaming, based on my experiments on PC.

Getting adaptive v-sync to work properly and taking steps to ensure a consistently high framerate helped for me - this simply meant forgoing some resolution to keep everything well over 60 fps at all times.

With traditional fixed frame timing, reducing the geometric detail did help (I have a "slow" / old CPU), but it didn't completely eliminate the issue. I used some of the commonly reported UE4 .ini fiddling tricks to find a theoretical upper limit to fps (with some frankly silly visual results), and although it belted along, it still stuttered at certain predictable points on the track. So it seems it's not a performance problem with my hardware so much as an optimisation / architectural / configuration one on Milestone's / Epic's side of things.

With adaptive timing, I don't need to reduce geometric detail at all to keep the speed up. Any stuttering / hanging is caught by the adaptive sync, whilst the fast refresh keeps the impact of the irregular timing on my brain to a minimum (a slightly late frame is better than a missed one).

Of course, none of this is possible on the consoles (yet).

As for oil changes, this series has conditioned me to do it every time I select a bike. A needless faff, really.
Yeah i don't know but even in mass effect 1 which was unreal engine, it had that horrible stutter where it seemed to load new textures or geometry like ennemies.

@Jtheripper

"Well all their newer games with unreal4 game engine have this stutter, even motogp19, on some tracks or with lower amount of opponents maybe it's less but on some tracks it's really disruptive.
Also it's same no replays in many modes in motogp19, dissapointing for sure. And the replays aren't so great."

Oh? I thought there was something wrong with my copy. I've reinstalled the game a third time now, but it's still there, and now on some tracks and bikes combos in Time Attack, I notice this horrible crackling sound when accelerating as if my speakers are about to break. What gives?? Even tried hard-resetting my console and freeing up space on my external.

"And if you find ride3 understeery or slow to respond to turn ins, motogp19 is even slower, and you need slow down alot and use engine braking by downshifting to help it turn in. Seems artificially limited, mostly in the older than newest motogp bikes to make them seem more different and not as performing i guess."

Looks like I'll be skipping MotoGP then because Ride 3 already has what I need from bike racing. Still coming terms with the bikes not pointing where I need them to. I'm leaning but the stupid thing won't turn or change direction quickly enough. I don't have this complaint in IOMTT but maybe that's not an apples to apples comparison.

"One thing i really like in motogp19 is you have clutch control and can even make it analog by setting it to a stick. So you can do blips even though i was told modern motogp bikes only use clutch on start up."

I don't know why they don't have a clutch feature on the game or auto-blipping enabled by default. It would have sounded cool because they already have some great bike samples in there - but somewhat boring downshifting sounds.

"And a small detail you might not notice is you have to change oil every few 100km or you lose a lot of power. It's a cute detail at 1st but it gets annoying because you're never sure when it happens and you have to go out of the race into customization to change it when you see the red oil warning."

Interesting little nugget - thanks for pointing out!

BTW, neither IOMTT, nor Ride 3 seem to simulate the gyroscopic effect you see real bikers experience at high speeds. Well, disappointed, but there's always the next game.

@Griffith500

"The stutter seems related to geometry streaming, based on my experiments on PC.

Getting adaptive v-sync to work properly and taking steps to ensure a consistently high framerate helped for me - this simply meant forgoing some resolution to keep everything well over 60 fps at all times."

I'm on One-X and it does not appear to be a frame rate issue but rather a bug which cases the frames to get stuck and repeat. I can't describe it precisely - it's sort of like a DVD getting stuck on a scene and then resuming. I have noticed hiccups in 60 fps replays however, and some textures loading late when switching from chase to cockpit.

"So it seems it's not a performance problem with my hardware so much as an optimisation / architectural / configuration one on Milestone's / Epic's side of things"

I agree, yes, that's probably it. Have you experienced the dreadful sound bug yet? It's a screeching, crackling sound that happens very randomly while riding. I've only experienced it in time attack as I've barely touched the other modes.

@Jtheripper

"Well all their newer games with unreal4 game engine have this stutter, even motogp19, on some tracks or with lower amount of opponents maybe it's less but on some tracks it's really disruptive.
Also it's same no replays in many modes in motogp19, dissapointing for sure. And the replays aren't so great."

Oh? I thought there was something wrong with my copy. I've reinstalled the game a third time now, but it's still there, and now on some tracks and bikes combos in Time Attack, I notice this horrible crackling sound when accelerating as if my speakers are about to break. What gives?? Even tried hard-resetting my console and freeing up space on my external.

"And if you find ride3 understeery or slow to respond to turn ins, motogp19 is even slower, and you need slow down alot and use engine braking by downshifting to help it turn in. Seems artificially limited, mostly in the older than newest motogp bikes to make them seem more different and not as performing i guess."

Looks like I'll be skipping MotoGP then because Ride 3 already has what I need from bike racing. Still coming terms with the bikes not pointing where I need them to. I'm leaning but the stupid thing won't turn or change direction quickly enough. I don't have this complaint in IOMTT but maybe that's not an apples to apples comparison.

"One thing i really like in motogp19 is you have clutch control and can even make it analog by setting it to a stick. So you can do blips even though i was told modern motogp bikes only use clutch on start up."

I don't know why they don't have a clutch feature on the game or auto-blipping enabled by default. It would have sounded cool because they already have some great bike samples in there - but somewhat boring downshifting sounds.

"And a small detail you might not notice is you have to change oil every few 100km or you lose a lot of power. It's a cute detail at 1st but it gets annoying because you're never sure when it happens and you have to go out of the race into customization to change it when you see the red oil warning."

Interesting little nugget - thanks for pointing out!

BTW, neither IOMTT, nor Ride 3 seem to simulate the gyroscopic effect you see real bikers experience at high speeds. Well, disappointed, but there's always the next game.

@Griffith500

"The stutter seems related to geometry streaming, based on my experiments on PC.

Getting adaptive v-sync to work properly and taking steps to ensure a consistently high framerate helped for me - this simply meant forgoing some resolution to keep everything well over 60 fps at all times."

I'm on One-X and it does not appear to be a frame rate issue but rather a bug which cases the frames to get stuck and repeat. I can't describe it precisely - it's sort of like a DVD getting stuck on a scene and then resuming. I have noticed hiccups in 60 fps replays however, and some textures loading late when switching from chase to cockpit.

"So it seems it's not a performance problem with my hardware so much as an optimisation / architectural / configuration one on Milestone's / Epic's side of things"

I agree, yes, that's probably it. Have you experienced the dreadful sound bug yet? It's a screeching, crackling sound that happens very randomly while riding. I've only experienced it in time attack as I've barely touched the other modes.
Yeah most racing games seem to have these background noises, probably bad sampling mixing or limits of hardware i don't know. Assetto corsa, gtsport, pcars2 all have annoying noises, depending on each vehicule's sound sample mixing it's worse or less. In pcars2 it's enough to give a headache, from the digital processing of samples leftover background noises or whatever it is.
You could try bikes in driveclub, they have some nice physics for stunts, and it's more arcadey and responsive. Has good sounds to some degree, and sense of speed is high since it is arcadey . You can even use a wheel in that game for bikes, and shift with clutch if i remember. Youcan also use the gyroscope on the ds4 for steering. I think you mentioned you're on Xbox x. I don't know if you have a ps4, driveclub an exclusive. Im on std ps4 by the way.
But it is too arcadey to my liking.

Last edited:
@Jtheripper @John Wells

Some questions about the game:

* Can you tell me which exhaust upgrades make the most audible difference? I'm thinking its Arrow, but could be wrong.

* Any way to unlock all the bikes in the standard version without the career grind? I don't have the Gold edition - I should be able to at least enjoy the bikes that the game came with without grinding through 3-lap races over and over again.

Sad we don't have an auto-blip and/or clutch feature in this game - would have made for some fantastic down-shifting effects.

* Any way to unlock all the bikes in the standard version without the career grind? I don't have the Gold edition - I should be able to at least enjoy the bikes that the game came with without grinding through 3-lap races over and over again.

Yes the only way to unlock bikes, is to grind, some the time trails are quite hard to do. I would have preferred to have, unlocked when you open chapter.

My oh my is the career frustrating in this game!

I have the difficulty set to 60% - yet AI riders always outbrake me, out-throttle me at the start of each race and seem to accelerate faster than me too. Plus, if they crash into me, I get knocked down. If I crash into them, *I* get knocked down! WTF is this horse****?!!!

There's got to be a way to unlock all bikes - I really don't want to spend weeks and months unlocking and winning all the events just to be able to try out 4-5 bikes from 2017 or 2018!

In PC, you can do that I think. What about consoles???

My oh my is the career frustrating in this game!

I have the difficulty set to 60% - yet AI riders always outbrake me, out-throttle me at the start of each race and seem to accelerate faster than me too. Plus, if they crash into me, I get knocked down. If I crash into them, *I* get knocked down! WTF is this horse****?!!!

There's got to be a way to unlock all bikes - I really don't want to spend weeks and months unlocking and winning all the events just to be able to try out 4-5 bikes from 2017 or 2018!

In PC, you can do that I think. What about consoles???
Yeah it's a chore, you need get the fastest bike for each challenge and upgrade it fully. You can see which a.i. bike is winning.
Also its much easier in 3rd person.

That's why i was saying to maybe wait before getting the add-on. See how ride4 career will be done.

Edit: @Wolfe really cute dog there your avatar. I had a german shepard long ago, kinda reminds me a little.

Last edited:
I just turn the AI difficulty down and annihilate them in the corners. I'll take boring over frustrating.

I get my kicks from time trials generally anyway, but unlocking the bikes is a real chore.

So I just experienced the most annoying bug in career.

Volume 4 - School of Speed - I completed the fourth event with mostly gold cups and the 2017 GSX-R 1000 became available in the dealership. I didn't have enough money, so shut off my console. Powered it up later, won some events, made a little cash and the same bike is again locked in the dealership. What kind of insane issue is this? It's really frustrating. :dunce::crazy:

I had also unlocked the CB 1000 ABS from another event and that is still accessible in the dealership - so why do you guys suppose the 2017 GSX-R 1000 got locked again?

So I just experienced the most annoying bug in career.

Volume 4 - School of Speed - I completed the fourth event with mostly gold cups and the 2017 GSX-R 1000 became available in the dealership. I didn't have enough money, so shut off my console. Powered it up later, won some events, made a little cash and the same bike is again locked in the dealership. What kind of insane issue is this? It's really frustrating. :dunce::crazy:

I had also unlocked the CB 1000 ABS from another event and that is still accessible in the dealership - so why do you guys suppose the 2017 GSX-R 1000 got locked again?
Maybe it didn't save before you turned off your console? I don't know..

Latest Posts

Back