RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
Stock (edit : minus the upgraded rims) Honda CBR 600RR vs. the 1000cc big boys. Pro physics, all assists off & Realistic AI. This one was really close. Took me a couple of tries.

Aren't they always same class? I'm not getting liter bikes as opponents when running the CBR600 on realistic AI...

Aren't they always same class? I'm not getting liter bikes as opponents when running the CBR600 on realistic AI...
Hmm, now when you mention it and looking at the footage, I might be totally wrong. I assumed they were of a different class seeing how they basically flew past me with ease.

:embarrassed:

Hmm, now when you mention it and looking at the footage, I might be totally wrong. I assumed they were of a different class seeing how they basically flew past me with ease.

:embarrassed:
Rubberbabding it seems

Apparently I've been living under a rock, having just found out about this game today. Read up on it, checked out all the preview videos I could find. Pre ordered it for XBone (whenever the hell it comes out). I've been waiting for a Tourist Trophy style game for next gen systems.

Hmm, there's a store over here who went from 'release April 3rd' to 'available now' on its website... :) . Too bad it's one of the most expensive stores in the country. I might take a look at another one today to see if they have it, as it's not too late to cancel my amazon order.

Just checked the release date on Gamestop's Swedish website and another retailer where I usually buy my games from and the date has been pushed back another week here, to 1st/2nd April.

shaking_head.gif

Edit : Bike and track list.

Last edited:
Just wish the bike list wasn't duplicate city. Far too many versions of certain bikes.

So where are the low CC class?
Where is a huge map that you can ride for miles... I thought this game would be like TT with all kinds of bikes and cruisers with big map.

A whole bunch of modern 4-cylinder sportbikes is nearly as boring as MotoGP bikes. The majority of my time in Tourist Trophy was spent on sub-600cc bikes from decades past. Of course, modern stuff is only fair for a game with licensed vehicles (marketing).

I'm still planning to get the game, but between the bike roster and the quantity of tracks I don't expect it to be the TT successor I hoped it would be.

A whole bunch of modern 4-cylinder sportbikes is nearly as boring as MotoGP bikes. The majority of my time in Tourist Trophy was spent on sub-600cc bikes from decades past. Of course, modern stuff is only fair for a game with licensed vehicles (marketing).

I'm still planning to get the game, but between the bike roster and the quantity of tracks I don't expect it to be the TT successor I hoped it would be.
The bike roster is probably one of the major cons with this game. While it's nice being able to ride modern bikes, the lack of variety is striking.

Say what you will about PD, but they did a great job with Tourist Trophy. Motards, scooters, old & modern bikes, race modified, the iconic Honda RC162, they had it pretty much all covered.

I still don't understand the criticism of the track list. 15 locations and 31 different layouts is hardly bad. Having now also seen a video of the longest layout of the Japanese location, one lap took just over 3 minutes. Plenty of variety in there.

I still don't understand the criticism of the track list. 15 locations and 31 different layouts is hardly bad. Having now also seen a video of the longest layout of the Japanese location, one lap took just over 3 minutes. Plenty of variety in there.

Agreed. I also had my doubts when I initially saw the track list. Just 15 locations sounds pretty lean nowadays.
BUT:
- the majority of the tracks is either original or not present in most other racing games
- the selection of tracks that does appear in other games is rather good: Road America, Imola. (Just Magny-Cours doesn't really appeal to me)
- some of the tracks are pretty long as @MildAshers says. And I prefer 1 long track over 3 short ones.
- the selection has a good variety between City, Countryside and Circuit tracks.

Not bad at all when you sum that up.
I still hope they'll extend the track line-up later on though.

Whilst there's a few tasty older 4Ts, the one 2T is really disappointing. I really hope there's a 2-stroke DLC, because they are easily my most ridden bikes in TT. They just feel more chuckable and the sound is cool to me.

KR1-S, AF1, Gammas etc.

Never know though. Maybe they plan to release older bikes as DLC because people like us here will all go crazy excited (not so much) and buy it (though we'll still do that).

VXR
Whilst there's a few tasty older 4Ts, the one 2T is really disappointing. I really hope there's a 2-stroke DLC, because they are easily my most ridden bikes in TT. They just feel more chuckable and the sound is cool to me.

KR1-S, AF1, Gammas etc.
Indeed. I had one of these in 1983-4, it was a total blast :cool:

Image.jpg

@MildAshers -- I didn't exactly mean to say it's a "bad" list (the selections they've made look pretty cool to me), but I was concerned that 15 tracks might not be enough. I guess I didn't realize that there were different layouts of the street/road tracks. Now that's interesting. 👍

Can't wait for this! My copy is due to arrive tomorrow :dunce: so hopefully by tomorrow afternoon, I'll be "virtually" riding a 1199 Panigale S :cheers:

Amazon didn't even prep mine for dispatch yet and estimated delivery was Monday. So canceled that, and changed to an order from a local store here, who changed their release date to tomorrow.

I'm having to play TT again whilst I have the indefinite Xbox One wait until the middle of next month. So much want for this game.

And my copy coming from the UK still hasn't dispatched. :grumpy: Though Amazon is still adamant that it will arrive some time between the 1st and 9th of April. Which is still earlier than any of the hard copy release dates in NZ (which is set for the 10th)... And cheaper.

Back