RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
Haven't played the demo. I'm still on a ps3 until ps4 does the price drop thing or a decent racing game comes out on it. The people saying that the brakes feel weak, sounds just like their last attempts at WSBK games. In real life you feel more g's under braking than acceleration. Why is it so hard to give a decent brake feel? Brakes are the ultimate savior tool, you might get passed by half the field but the brakes on modern sport / race bikes are pretty phenomenal. And are also upgrade able if they are not strong enough!

Haven't played the demo. I'm still on a ps3 until ps4 does the price drop thing or a decent racing game comes out on it. The people saying that the brakes feel weak, sounds just like their last attempts at WSBK games. In real life you feel more g's under braking than acceleration. Why is it so hard to give a decent brake feel? Brakes are the ultimate savior tool, you might get passed by half the field but the brakes on modern sport / race bikes are pretty phenomenal. And are also upgrade able if they are not strong enough!

The braking distances feel ok to me. And brakes ARE upgradable in this game :)

For me too. And how the bike reacts to sudden brake (suicide) attempts is pretty okay too!

Speaking of the game, I'm going to give the demo another go :D

The people saying that the brakes feel weak
The brakes work just fine - at least the braking distances seem reasonable/believable - but I found it hard to judge how much brake you could or should apply, mainly in the beginning when I did my first couple of races. It's one of the learning curves of the game. I'm a happy rider now.

:D

Played the demo some more this evening and decided to upload one of the races I had. Some minor bumping here and there and the AI capitalizing on my mistake(s), but overall a pretty close race on Hard difficulty on a stock (with the exception of the rims) ZX-10R. Pro physics and all assist off.

(use the 720p option to bypass the awful compression)

Last edited:
Nice video! Nice driving as well 👍

I've been busy with the demo tonight and made a few photos :D
16289369913_f8cf52791a_b.jpg

16721965440_9858345420_b.jpg

16721958570_8d754dfe20_b.jpg

16908124142_78698f8ff5_b.jpg

16908122562_70bb353440_b.jpg

16908370641_894e16b298_b.jpg

16702040967_c039f278a0_b.jpg

I was unsure if I should buy this because there is a serious lack of tracks, but having so much fun only on this track already I'm guessing I should be okay :D

That is just really crummy. Not the delay itself so much, the absolute quick, off the cuff apology with no reason is what hurts.

Really worried for the One version now. The lack of explanation isn't helping matters. The only saving grace is it includes the 360 version as well, so it could well be a Microsoft issue.

Im really enjoying game and i've only been looking at these photos. It just looks right.

Also anyone have problems with the track being too wide? Its something Alan from TeamVVV on youtube kept moaning about whilst also pointing out he's rubbish because its literally his first go on the game like on every other video he does, Yea nice try i use to pull that one when ever i got beat by my mates.

Im really enjoying game and i've only been looking at these photos. It just looks right.

Also anyone have problems with the track being too wide? Its something Alan from TeamVVV on youtube kept moaning about whilst also pointing out he's rubbish because its literally his first go on the game like on every other video he does, Yea nice try i use to pull that one when ever i got beat by my mates.

When ever you have room to spare, MORE THROTTLE! :D

VXR
That is just really crummy. Not the delay itself so much, the absolute quick, off the cuff apology with no reason is what hurts.

Really worried for the One version now. The lack of explanation isn't helping matters. The only saving grace is it includes the 360 version as well, so it could well be a Microsoft issue.
Did some quick search and apparently they've been having trouble with optimization and reaching 1080p. Should explain the delay.
“Ride is Milestone’s third title on the PS4, but it’s our first one on Xbox One so, yes, we’ve been facing some difficulties. At some point of development the Xbox One build was significantly slower, and we were facing the very common issue of “900p” resolution option. We were extremely unhappy about it. But we got in touch with Microsoft directly and with some hints from them we’ve been able to obtain a significant performance boost,” the game’s director Andrea Basilio said to GamingBolt.

“So Ride will benefit from this and run at full 1080p on Xbox One too. It’s not due to eSRAM, a very small but very fast bank of memory, but to the ever evolving libraries from Microsoft that grant access to the hardware. Version after version, you have to sometimes re-learn and get advantage of the optimizations offered.”
http://gamingbolt.com/rides-xbox-on...r-evolving-code-libraries#qwe3AQOOGwIkbc7G.99

I find it a bit silly that the thought of 900p made Milestone "extremely unhappy", but a desire to please the vocal pixel-counting crowd is nothing new. That doesn't exactly account for the XB360 version, though.

Not that I mind waiting. I'm glad to hear good things about the physics/handling, but with so few tracks it's nothing I'm salivating to play.

That's really nice to hear that they weren't happy and went to Microsoft for advice. Turn 10 and Take 2 prove that you can get 1080p30 or 60 from it - the Forza twins and GTA V/NBA2K respectively - and this just seems like decent fan service to not leave Xbox owners with a gimped version.

Much more positive now that there's a valid reason.

The demo is not bad at all, been playing Moto GP for a while and both have there good points although I’ll make a better judgement when I get the game. I like the helmet view a long as point the pointy bit in front of your nose at the corner you’ll be fin.

It really does seem this is the Forza of bike racing games. The menus and the customization really remind me of Forza. The bike choice is more aimed towards street bikes than MotoGP's racing bikes.

VXR
That's really nice to hear that they weren't happy and went to Microsoft for advice. Turn 10 and Take 2 prove that you can get 1080p30 or 60 from it - the Forza twins and GTA V/NBA2K respectively - and this just seems like decent fan service to not leave Xbox owners with a gimped version

Much more positive now that there's a valid reason
A bit annoying but as you say, better to have it right for us Xboxer's. That's Project Cars and Ride delayed now

Ah well, massive doses of FM5 and FH2 it is for now then. Not so bad :D

I'm still wishing Turn 10 find a bike developer to give us a third pillar of the Forza franchise, even though that's basically what Ride is anyway. Turn 10 and Playground seem to shine with the Xbox One.

Bikes on Horizon's map = perfection.

Throw in dirtbikes then ;)
They did do mxgp which is brilliant.

However I see where Alan on VVV is coming from. In the mods you can the bike stickier tyres the handling then becomes sublime. But on a 600 I found I barely needed to brake a lift off was enough. On the zx10r you need to brake more but still not as much as you would expect. By having a narrower road the challenge would be greater and more rewarding.

They did do mxgp which is brilliant.

However I see where Alan on VVV is coming from. In the mods you can the bike stickier tyres the handling then becomes sublime. But on a 600 I found I barely needed to brake a lift off was enough. On the zx10r you need to brake more but still not as much as you would expect. By having a narrower road the challenge would be greater and more rewarding.

The Sierra Nevada track is pretty smooth though in terms of corners. There are only 2 or 3 corners where you actually need to brake. I suspect that will be different on tracks with many 90° turns like the city tracks, or tracks with more hairpins like Azure (from what I could see on that other Team VVV video)

Tried it out and oh my good god I am awful! Finished last on the Ninja against hard AI and finished 12th against medium on the Triumph

Back