RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
I saw that 570 PP limit, then tried the next naked event since it's "only" 520 PP and got whooped by Z1000s and 848 Streetfighters among other things I barely saw!

The bike I had difficulty with was the EVA, the electric one. They had a nasty habit of running into the back of me and stopping me from steering. I was also using a CB650F, with 393 PP I think - top speed was for some reason only just 200 km/h whereas the XJR1300 easily tops 210 - 215 with only slightly more power. I'd mess with the gearing in time trial to see if the CB's got longer legs hidden under there somewhere.

Found a bug: if you buy a new bike from your garage, select as favourite then select customise, it reverts to customising the previously used bike... Back out and retry, all's good.

I just tried some "supermoto" and, well, it's awful. It's like the rear brake comes on full as soon as you throttle off. Infuriating. Shame, 'cause my SXV looks pimp.

Found a bug: if you buy a new bike from your garage, select as favourite then select customise, it reverts to customising the previously used bike... Back out and retry, all's good...

I've had that bug, plus one where customization went to a bike I don't even own (on both occasions the Mito).

As I've mentioned before, I use the right stick for throttle and front brake (same handlebar), and the right trigger for analog control of the rear brake (right-hand pedal).

This suggestion made me switch from semi-pro to pro. I was already using the right stick for throttle (I do in most racing games) but my usual L2 for the joint brakes. Your brake setup was easy to adapt to.

Wow, good thing I used my noggin for buying this game. The XB1 version was $100 (hardcopy), PC was $80 (hardcopy), and on Steam, $60. I usually buy hardcopies because I don't like downloading for extended periods of time (it slows down the internet for others in the house and I feel like it's rude when it's avoidable). And an added bonus, Steam version is already out. Others aren't out until Friday, sorry to all the Americans who probably won't get it until 2017.

guys try the R3 category its amazing!!also, found to difficult to win the invitational event with the supermotards (don't remember the number) try it and inform me, i think i am doing something wrong with supermotards, i had to turn down physics to medium and the opponents to easy (playing semi-pro and hard)

guys try the R3 category its amazing!!also, found to difficult to win the invitational event with the supermotards (don't remember the number) try it and inform me, i think i am doing something wrong with supermotards, i had to turn down physics to medium and the opponents to easy (playing semi-pro and hard)
I also hated the supermotards I did that invitational event tuning everything I could to easy and plan to never do another supermotard event if I can avoid it.

Holy cow, Milestone have done surprisingly well this time around. I'm actually able to ride properly in first person now, though I'm not sure why. Is it the better physics, or are the cameras different? I don't know. The new content is great too, Supermoto has been a lot of fun, I love how the fastest way to get about is by sliding into turns. Though I use them in third person, because in first person it's too hard to judge where the back of the bike is.

While inconsistent, the AI can sometimes be really good. I entered a race with my Speed Triple as it dominated the previous two races at Road America and Miami. But this time it was a tight and twisty circuit, so the lead bike (Yamaha VFR750?) disappeared into the distance. I ended up having a battle with another 750, he had the turns, but I had the straight line speed. And I had a genuine battle with him, some of the best racing with an AI I've ever had. We were battling right to the the last few corners where I just played defensive to keep ahead.

Okay, the game isn't without flaws. The inconsistent difficulty/innacurate PP system is getting very annoying. I have a 2008 ZX636 tuned to 519pp in a 520pp series, and it's nearly impossible to get Gold on a time trial challenge, and the AI's bikes are considerably faster.

On another note, the controls people tend to use for cars are all fairly similar. But for bikes, there's a whole lot more room for diversit, so what controls are people running?

Me personally, I use the triggers for acceleration and brakes, R1/L1 for gears. Rear brake is up on the right stick, tuck is down (though I use auto-tuck). Lean and steering is all on the left stick, and I use the directional buttons to look about. Yeah, the only thing in my setup to note is the rear brake. :P I thought making the rear brake down on the stick would be more natural, but I found up to feel better as it stretches my hand little less allowing a little finer control.

Okay, the game isn't without flaws. The inconsistent difficulty/innacurate PP system is getting very annoying. I have a 2008 ZX636 tuned to 519pp in a 520pp series, and it's nearly impossible to get Gold on a time trial challenge, and the AI's bikes are considerably faster.

On another note, the controls people tend to use for cars are all fairly similar. But for bikes, there's a whole lot more room for diversit, so what controls are people running?

Me personally, I use the triggers for acceleration and brakes, R1/L1 for gears. Rear brake is up on the right stick, tuck is down (though I use auto-tuck). Lean and steering is all on the left stick, and I use the directional buttons to look about. Yeah, the only thing in my setup to note is the rear brake. :P I thought making the rear brake down on the stick would be more natural, but I found up to feel better as it stretches my hand little less allowing a little finer control.

Do report the issues you find :)
http://milestone.it/supporto/?lang=en

Using R2/L2 acceleration/front brakes
x/□ gearup/down
○ rear brake
left stick, steer/lean
right stick, look
tuck, automatic
helmet cam always :)

Good sound this one :)

Cu0X8tgWYAAio7T.jpg

Since I'm in America, I have to wait for Ride 2 sadly. For now, i've been playing the first one and I really enjoy it, but the AI is really unfair and makes it impossible to win some races. Is there anyway to fix this?

guys is there any tip to earn more tokens?
i know you can earn them at challenges and that you can buy them. is there any other way?
i m trying to earn the trophy for ride bonuses, this is the last one for platinum

I have noticed they are up to there old tricks and some of the DLC bikes are bikes they had in Ride 1 but held them back for DLC this time.

Picked this up in the PSN sale too, still downloading but can't wait. I've played a fair few of Milestone's MotoGP games (including the excellent Rossi game) so I know they can make a good bike game. And I was delighted to find out they've put in a couple of Northern Ireland's road racing courses, Dundrod and the Northwest 200 (embarrassingly despite being familiar with both and living fairly close to Dundrod I've never made it to either race :embarrassed:) . I think the tracks have appeared before on a couple of obscure games on the PS2 but this will be the first time I've seen them in a video game - in fact it might be the first time I'll have played anything in a game that's based in Northern Ireland*. :D

Just 20GB left to go.........downloading at 200kb/s :banghead:

*closest I can think of is playing as Eddie Irvine in an array of PS1 F1 games. :lol:

Last edited:
Nice walk through of the game @Scaff, this has helped me make my decision, I am not sure it is for me having watched this, I also enjoy mainly all car sims/games as well (although I did enjoy Driveclub Bikes which look much easier to control than those). Tempted but might carry on with DriveClub VR & Rise of the tomb raider ;)👍

Nice walk through of the game @Scaff, this has helped me make my decision, I am not sure it is for me having watched this, I also enjoy mainly all car sims/games as well (although I did enjoy Driveclub Bikes which look much easier to control than those). Tempted but might carry on with DriveClub VR & Rise of the tomb raider ;)👍

Don't make your decision based on the vid above. Hardly any bike is shown and the good ones are really fun to ride. If you love bikes, Buy. If you love sim, Buy. Ride2 feels and looks a lot better than Ride, plus more content coming. Plus Photomode is pretty good ;)

Last edited:
Ride was fun but there wasn't enough emphasis on riding a bike completely stock. I felt like I had to upgrade EVERYTHING just to have a shot at winning all the races, so I spent more time doing time trials on stock bikes, kind of like I do with GT. I also used the rewind feature in almost every corner, to perfect my line and to avoid crashing into the bland AI. I always had all the rider aids turned off, everything. Wanted the total sim experience.

Rossi was a great racing bike experience. Stopped playing Ride once I purchased this one.

Ride 2 releases in February for the US market. I think I might purchase on day one.

Don't make your decision based on the vid above. Hardly any bike is shown and the good ones are really fun to ride. If you love bikes, Buy. If you love sim, Buy. Ride2 feels and looks a lot better than Ride, plus more content coming. Plus Photomode is pretty good ;)
Bike list video should help with that.

The photomode is lacking one very important tool for it to be really worthwhile for me, and that's shutter speed control. Without it you are really limited in what you can do.

Back