RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
from the description of this video

PRE-ORDER BONUS CONTENT SPEEDS INTO SIGHT!

Milestones.r.l., Italy's leading videogame developer for consoles and PC, and the world's foremost motorcycle videogame developer, announces Pre-Order bonus content for RIDE.

Anybody pre-ordering a copy of RIDE from today up to the release date can choose one of two exclusive Yamaha DLC packs, tailored to let gamers more fully appreciate the ingenuity and expertise of one of the most renowned and reliable manufacturers in the world:

-YAMAHA 2015 BIKE MODELS: YZF-R1, YZF-R1M, YZF-R6 –2015 models*
-YAMAHA HISTORICAL BIKES: YZF-R7(1998), YZF-R1(2002), YZF-R1(1998)*

The first pack contains the apex of Yamaha technology in 2015, featuring: the new generation YZF-R1 created without compromises, that offers amazing performances, unprecedented control and technology that comes directly from the MotoGP™; the YZF-R1M,a limited edition developed for professional teams and expert riders that seek the most evolved performances on track and during races; and the R6, forged on the international racing circuits,utilising technology derived from MotoGP™ and developed to guarantee exceptional performance worthy of a real professional rider.

The second Pack is a memento of the recent past, featuring bikes that enchanted millions of motorcyclists. The R7 (1998) was specifically designed to compete in the championship dedicated to 750 cc bikes and only 500 units were produced. The R1 (1998) was conceived with the objective of creating a unique bike that would combine the performance of a 1,000 cc with the lightness and manoeuvrability of a 600 - legend has it that Yamaha redesigned every single component. The R1 (2002), developed under the supervision of Kunihiko Miwa, was the first major revision of the model, bringing better handling and a higher level of riding pleasure. (For more information visit http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/)

For gamers who don't pre-order, the DLC packs will be available to download from Day 1 for €3.99 each, or with the purchase of the Season Pass(€19.99 for PS4™, PS3™ and Windows PC®).

*DLC content may be subject to change, and availability may be limited

DLC confirmed then, nice.Would be nice if Vyrus were to be confirmed.There are 4 models of Vyrus:

Vyrus 987 C3 4V ( also supercharged version 4VV Ducati 1198R engine )
Vyrus 985 C3 4V ( Ducati 999R engine and gearbox )
Vyrus 984 C3 2V ( 1100cc air cooled Ducati engine )
Vyrus 986 M2 ( road going and moto2 bike with CBR600RR engine )

Link to page here

http://www.vyrus.it/

Last edited:
The handling looks somewhat iffy to me in the gameplay video we've seen so far, so I'm crossing my fingers for a demo before I get my hopes up. Other than that, I'm wondering if my Ninja 250R made the cut this time, perhaps as a "historical" bike. :)
you have a 97 mine are the uk zzr 250s from 90 and 91. they sound nice and go well for 250s but i doubt we'll see them.

That's really bad day 1 dlc come on! Clearly they don't have faith in the product if there making cash grabs like that.

I'd be after the classic R1 preorder bonus personally. The original in white and red is a sensational looking bike.

why shouldn't he?
Well the game has only really just being announced and they're already trying to sell a season pass and day 1 dlc. The recent trend of game releases have only reinforced the idea of not pre ordering and buying post release.

Well it was announced in November and follows a niche market of motorcycle fans, yet still comes from an established motorbike orientated studio. I think most motorbike fans can make an educated decision for themselves whether they should pre order the game, as I and many will.

Well it was announced in November and follows a niche market of motorcycle fans, yet still comes from an established motorbike orientated studio. I think most motorbike fans can make an educated decision for themselves whether they should pre order the game, as I and many will.
So you happy to support the horrible trend of day 1 dlc thats blights the gaming industry.

Yep. Its part of modern gaming that we have to live with, when people stop buying it and stop being hypocrites developers will probably stop doing it. Until then I will purchase dlc whether day one or not.

- Circuitos GP: 7
-- Imola
-- Road America
-- Donington Park
-- Barber Motorsport
-- Sportsland Sugo
-- Circuito de Almeria
-- Magny-Cours

- Circuitos exteriores: 5
-- National Park of Stelvio
-- California Woods (Nevada)
-- Japanese Temples
-- French Seaside
-- English Countryside

- Circuitos por cuidad: 2
-- Milan
-- Miami

- Circuitos extra: 1
-- Salt Flats

http://www.xtralife.es/playstation-4/ride/17531

Maybe a little short of a list, but each of those rural road courses sounds very interesting. :) Stelvio, California as seen above, Japanese touge, southern France, and something probably like the Isle of Man? I wish more games had a set of locales like that.

Liking the track list. Appears to be diverse enough. Sierra Nevada looks like a perfect track to arrange cruises online.

It's not like milestone are the only ones that do it. Everyone does it.
Two "wrongs" don't make a right...?

Last edited:
Liking the track list. Appears to be diverse enough. Sierra Nevada looks like a perfect track to arrange cruises online.

Two "wrongs" don't make a right...?
They don't. However, if you're going to hate every game that offers a pre order bonus these days, you'll literally have nothing to play.

They don't. However, if you're going to hate every game that offers a pre order bonus these days, you'll literally have nothing to play.
This is the way it's panning out for me. Once the younger generation have grown up thing these methods are normal they will look into other ways to fleece gamers. I have avoided buyig games with day 1 dlc even if i can just not buy the dlc. I have friend who do the same too so they are alienating gamers too

I actually haven't pre-ordered or bought a game day one for the past three years. It has saved me from quite a few broken, buggy and quick cash-grabs. At the end of the day though, I don't hate the games, I just dislike the practice itself for various reasons. I could go into detail about it, but that's completely off topic.

With all that said, I'm still very much looking forward to RIDE. It has so far hit nearly all the right spots.

I'm considering a pre order too, it should be great for anyone who likes motorbikes. I just don't know whether to get it on PC or XBox One yet.

Last edited:
Back