RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
VXR
Not necessarily. Horizon 2 and Fifa 15 dropped in price whilst on preorder and they're top class games.
I remember horizon 2 being quite cheap, which is amazing as it's the best game from last year.

VXR
Had a email from Game, my preorder has dropped from £49.99 to £39.99. I expected it to drop, but it's nice to see it confirmed.
That would explain the relatively cheap price for RIDE here as well at certain retailers - around £37 for the PS4 version and £32 for the PS3. I'm not complaining!

Is Potrero de los Funes a first one in video games, as in non-modded, licensed content?

I was hoping for more smaller-engined bikes like in Tourist Trophy, and for a game that promised "historical" bikes, it's disappointing that there are only two that are older than 1990. It also looks like it's almost nothing but sportbikes, but I guess that's for the sake of racing.

Confirmation of split-screen multiplayer is nifty. I'm concerned by the "disconnect" the author described in the way the game feels, though. I'll have to try it myself, hopefully with a demo.

Some personal favourites on there and ones which aren't in TT, but the lack of Strokers when Italy has a big following for them is really disappointing. DLC is our only hope, now.

Think it's going to take second fiddle to TT if the customisation isn't up to snuff, especially the livery options.

I think by the sounds of it the customization will be deep enough. Shame that 2 of the best selling bikes in the UK aren't in there. Definitely a focus on high performance sport bikes.

I agree, the bike list is a tad dissapointing. Was also hoping for far more diversity - a nice mixture of older, iconic and modern sport bikes. I guess Tourist Trophy will remain king in that regard for a long, long time to come.

Whilst the physics and dynamics - that the developers claim to be the most accurate ever within a biking title - seem to be correct and are a lot more forgiving than the MotoGP titles, the disconnect between the rider and the bike is a mental bridge that needs crossing before you can really get the most out of the game. It certainly doesn't play like a car game (thankfully), but it's not *exactly* like biking either. The best way I could think of describing it would be to imagine that you're simply 'operating the controls' rather than 'riding the bike'. This may sounds slightly contradictory but I spent too long worrying about the rider's lean angle and getting the virtual *me* to feel like he was 'tucked in', rather than just making sure that the breaking and corner entry speed were perfect.

Once I'd made that adjustment everything else seemed to click into place.
Sounds about right. It certainly seems like RIDE has the best physics out of all Milestone's bike games thus far, at the same time it's good to have a confirmation of what my impressions so far has been as well, judging by the videos. I would have preferred some more depth as far as controlling the rider goes, but I'm willing to settle for less for now. Tourist Trophy has definitely spolied me with the emphasis on the rider's form, lean angle and tucking in.

It might not be the best review/impression, but I can't help myself not being excited about the game, still.

2004 ZX6R in the bike list? Not quite the 2005/6, but I'll definitely take it. :D Customization sounds good too.

I agree, the bike list is a tad dissapointing. Was also hoping for far more diversity - a nice mixture of older, iconic and modern sport bikes. I guess Tourist Trophy will remain king in that regard for a long, long time to come.

I agree, more diversity would be great, but I also find the track list quite short only 13 known so far.
I can only assume they are still busy getting more tracks in the game, but official tracks takes time, maybe Milestone is not allowed to take advantage of their MotoGP license.

It might also have to do with the fact that this day and age apparently every game has to have DLC by some weird kind of universal rule.
And it is sad that usually publishers force the developers to work this way, but it might even be sadder (?) as Milestone self-publishes their games.
I just don't like it when DLC is used as a business model, not meaning to say that Milestone is doing that, but it does look like it a bit(considering pre-order bonuses and all).

I've been out of the loop for some time but, are there point to point tracks by the way?
Would love to just do a relaxing ride but that would less fun when your on a circuit.

I can't stand seeing headlights on, mirrors, tail lights, and lic. Plate brackets. Sure they are street bikes, but there isn't a track or sanctioning body that allows any of that for even the most casual track day.

16528529269_c7f630eaba_b.jpg

16714661535_f1d7b417ae_b.jpg

Back