Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
@arvore and others ,
You may not be trolling but you are way off topic, if you want to do this comparisons, create a new thread, or perhaps take to the physics thread, or rants thread .

Is being on topic, a difficult concept to understand?
I'm in this thread to read about 1.02 opinions - as the thread title suggests, im not here to read if someone thinks its a sim or not, or comparison to others games... Which frankly I don't give a hoot about

For what it is worth, I got used to the lag before the patch, stopped playing for a week (away from home on business) and then the patch was up. The cars feel good and I can't tell if the lag has completely or partially gone. Buy it does feel a lot better than what I remember from first playing the game.

After the patch the lag is obviously reduced to the point of very acceptable, of course there will always be lag due to hardware limitations but even GT5 has some lag.
PS3 and DFGT here.

@Arvore if you think that a few skins and a blur remover turn the game into a sim than that its your problem... I wont engage anymore...

Could you guys please take the GT5 vs. S2U vs. Mariokart discussion to another thread? Thank you.

Now back to topic:
Are there really people who have no lag anymore on a PS3 with a DFGT?

i've dfgt and ps3, there is still lag but it's so small that you don't even notice it. I would say is almost at gt5 level. The game changed drastically.

Let's not encourage trolls anymore ok? I know one when i see one. Especially with an overgrowth ego.

Back on topic. Patch 1.02 was really a thing to move fun into next level. Now i can enjoy playing on higher class cause cars are more responsive. For example in really tight turns like Rivera courses cars are more responsive, especially when you tune Steering lock. I'm always change this to my own preference and like in 100% helps a lot. Well not always, I'm restricted by WTC rules but for my own enjoy and playing on-line actually there is a big difference. Try to change this setting adding like 10 points to Steering Lock. You will notice difference, car would be more aggressive, responsive and kind of harder to control but that's the way i like. I understand not every one has to agree.

Second thing that will help with steering issue is differential settings. Have you notice that almost every car has this settings set to 0. But when you start messing with them car becomes more stable. Change those settings from 0 to 2. Test and if you don't feel difference then i don't know maybe you have wooden hands :)

Patch 1.02 change this game from average and difficult to live with, into fantastic enjoyable racing game.

Simulation or arcade! Who cares? ........ trolls do? :D

Ok I indulged you and read them. If I understand correctly you find that because you can overdrive the cars and do faster laps it's what puts Shift 2 in the arcade category?

Pretty much, Yes!

Myself, I've found it's NOT faster drifting the cars around the track but is by driving at the limits under control. Elite, no assists btw.

Different experiences...I see, tell You what take "Copse"(1st turn in Silverstone) for instance take it as fast as You can in Your usual "proper" driving, check Your lap time at the split, now restart and break latter turn harder let the car slide a little(they are over grippy don't worry) go immediately full throttle even if the car skids sideways just point it and flat out...check Your time at the split.
See what I mean?

Now, we're both finding a different way is faster here, but as I can do faster laps driving within the limits the game is perfectly sim to me, but you are able to drive faster laps by drifting and the game feels arcade to you. Fair points, just different opinions and different approaches.

Yep , I respect others perceiving the game different than me...doesn't bother me a little.On the other hand, if You went back to where this all started ,You've probably noticed that it all started with an on topic post about the patch from me, being quoted for the part of my post not regarding the patch where I "dared" to state I think S2U is a fun arcade racer...and things derailed from there into this off topic ness getting all my posts quoted or commented by the "S2U IS A SIM and I'll attack everyone who feels different" crusader, doing stupid comparisons with GT5(even posting GT5P videos in shift 2 patch related thread:grumpy:), which I been rebutting.

What you don't seem to acknowledge is that it's perfectly possible to drift supercars around a track in RL (top gear, 5th gear...),

There is where we disagree...it's possible? Yes, is it worthy(and doable in professional racing-forget top gear please I'm talking about racing not an entertainment TV show)....NO!

which is not 'arcade,' but is 'arcade' behaviour. Is Shift 2 'arcade' because it can be driven like this too (I'm ignoring using the easier driving models under elite because that of course allows unrealistic behaviour)?

Pretty much Yes...about the assists I also don't use ,they don't change the core of the physics engine...they just make easier a more unrealistic driving.

Also, we don't have videos of people driving GT3/GT1 cars over the limits, very costly to do so. But it does not mean that getting sideways in them deliberately with some control is not possible...

Hmm, are You sure You read all my posts..?.I posted a video proofing that's not true(Don't You think professional drivers in a professional-and very competitive I might add-FIA GT Championship take their cars to their limits while fighting for the lead or a podium spot?:confused:), but that's ok I'll post another:

Don't You think they push them to the limits?
Do You honestly think S2U simulates this Sport properly-in terms of cars behaviour?

@arvore and others ,
You may not be trolling but you are way off topic,

Yes , I am rebutting the off topic responses to mine posts-which I reported in the proper time-which I think it's my right until the Mod staff instruct me otherwise.

Is being on topic, a difficult concept to understand?

For me no, for others...well.
Is it rebutting off topic responses to Your posts a concept so difficult to understand?

I'm in this thread to read about 1.02 opinions - as the thread title suggests, im not here to read if someone thinks its a sim or not, or comparison to others games... Which frankly I don't give a hoot about

Two of us there...👍

After the patch the lag is obviously reduced to the point of very acceptable, of course there will always be lag due to hardware limitations but even GT5 has some lag.
PS3 and DFGT here.

Again the GT5 reference-and You have the nerve to tell others they have syndromes:crazy:-couldn't help it could Ya?:dunce:

@Arvore if you think that a few skins and a blur remover turn the game into a sim than that its your problem... I wont engage anymore...

Fine...keep telling Yourself that if it makes You sleep better.:dunce:

EDIT:
Let's not encourage trolls anymore ok? I know one when i see one. Especially with an overgrowth ego.
Simulation or arcade! Who cares? ........ trolls do?

You really seem to be a trolling expert!:dunce:

by making referenses to other games isnt strange. if a game is a standard in the genre then its easiest way to explain "visualise" without making own videos.
and actually...you dont win any points in showing off and acting above all others, tired of reading nonsense "this is not a sim cuz im am the perfectionist who can say what is and what isnt no matter what..."
well do it on other threads pls!

for me patch 1.02 removed lag. driving the lambo now is so fun ( impossible to do consistent laps pre patch for me). i had to change sensitivity to 50% on the ds3...had 13% before. no assists now either, feels just perfect!

Shift 2 is trying to simulate racing. It may not be perfect, but this patch has moved it a step closer. I would therefore class it as a sim. Other may disagree to the extent of how it achieves in this, but it remains a sim. GT5 isn't great as a game, but it still is one.

I personally hold firm that racing properly in the game is faster than drifting around corners. If I exceed the limits of the car it slows me down. Others may be faster in different ways, but drying properly for me is faster. Just like all other 'sims' I have played.

I think almost anything that can be said about this patch has been so am not sure what else can be added to this thread and still be on topic. It has made an improvement to the game overall.

Today new stange things happen.
I try to delete again the 1.02 patch and than running the game without that.
Incredibile the input lag disappear and the car reacts quicky as GT5.... i can drive as i want and finally enjoy the title also if the FF has the sudden drop off to simulate the understeer as before every patches.

I hope to see soon a new patch that resolve everything and make Shift 2 the same for every users.

Today new stange things happen.
I try to delete again the 1.02 patch and than running the game without that.
Incredibile the input lag disappear and the car reacts quicky as GT5.... i can drive as i want and finally enjoy the title also if the FF has the sudden drop off to simulate the understeer as before every patches.

I hope to see soon a new patch that resolve everything and make Shift 2 the same for every users.

i don't get why the patch is not working for you. My DFGT now is amazing, all working perfectly, non ffb losses, no lag. amazing.

Did you reset the wheel setting with triangle after the patch?

ciao

Probably the only test to see if you have lag is to look at the steering wheel animation while you turn your DFGT. If you turn in quick motions you will clearly see whether or not you have lag.

Hardly noticable when testing like that unless you move the wheel much more quickly back and forth than would be done in normal driving.

I suspect some folks TV settings may be contibuting to lag. I have the fancy display effects turned off on my TV.

I have to say that I am with arvore, at least to some extent.

I too feel that overdriving the car results in slightly faster laptimes. And I normally would expect to be slower. There are some corners e.g. Spa, Blanchimont. Let's keep the question aside for a moment if this corner can be taken full throttle depending on the setup. So let's say I have a setup that does not allow me to be full on throttle. So I have to lift a bit. But in S2 I can get around it by yanking the wheel into the corner at the very right moment and the car will start to drift (kind of a mix between initial oversteer and following understeer) but magicaly returns to grip ending up right back on the line. Even if this whole process would be possible IRL, I would expect to loose a lot of time and momentum. But in S2 its even faster than driving this corner clean.

The interesting question now would be, can this be done IRL and if so, why the real pilots aren't doing it?

- Because the tyres would be killed after a few rounds.
- Because they have to fear death (we don't) and it would be to risky to crash.
- Because they wouldn't end up with a faster laptime.

"S2U IS A SIM and I'll attack everyone who feels different" crusader, doing stupid comparisons with GT5(even posting GT5P videos in shift 2 patch related thread:grumpy:), which I been rebutting.

Again the GT5 reference-and You have the nerve to tell others they have syndromes:crazy:-couldn't help it could Ya?:dunce:

If Im so stupid why do you keep quoting me and filling pages (4 times as long as mine) just to prove you're right and Im not? what does that make you? 4 times more stupid?:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

I already said that Im finished with the off topic Sim/Arcade discution in this thread, and with you in any other thread for that matter (expecially after the stupid reference and spelling corrections)

Ill make whatever references I want as long as I stick to the AUP but I can see that any reference to GT5 makes you jump the gun :dopey: you just cant help it can Ya :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

@Gabba73
You are running the game without the patch and everything is fine?

Did you just remove the patch and start the game afterwards?

Did you delete EVERYTHING except the game profile and install just the game and started it?

I mean, what EXACTLY did you do? To me installing the game, patch, reboot, start the game did wonders to my game. PS3 fat 80gb with 3.60 fw and G27 (yesterday I installed fw3.61 but haven't played the game yet).

tribolik

Leave him alone, and let's not continue pointless conversation, trashing threads seems to be he's specialty.

Patch seems to fix freeze problems, now i can say that for me this problem is gone for good 👍 Higher class cars fly.

@Gabba73
You are running the game without the patch and everything is fine?

Did you just remove the patch and start the game afterwards?

Did you delete EVERYTHING except the game profile and install just the game and started it?

I mean, what EXACTLY did you do? To me installing the game, patch, reboot, start the game did wonders to my game. PS3 fat 80gb with 3.60 fw and G27 (yesterday I installed fw3.61 but haven't played the game yet).

I just remove (delete) the patch and the lag is gone...... but I have others minor problems (FF drop during under and over steer like pre patch 1.01,and sound issue with engine mute random during the race)

PS3 fat 40GB (changed with 320GB), 3.60 and today 3.61FW, G27.

Ok here are my impressions on the latest patch.

I started this morning with a totally clean install, no save or install at all on the PS3. So hitting up the game I decided to play, and low and behold the lag is still there but slightly reduced. Overall I hope at some point the game gets to more of a feeling of weight and not light and twitchy as this game and the lag goes completely. But it's defiantly more playable now (to me anyway) DS3 user here (I have a G25 but it's allot of hastle setting it up).

"Ovviamente!!!" :)
..and if I reinstall the patch I get again the input lag.
really strange, but this game is mad. With the 1.01 i had the same problem. I've also lost LE content with 1.01..
So:
(1) - original game and original game patched to 1.01 => lots of lag
(2) - 1.01 patched to 1.02 => less lag
(3) - 1.02 downgraded to 1.01 => even less lag

:confused: :crazy: :scared:

One question regarding the experiment in (3): do you keep the console (PS3 in my case) offline in order to avoid that the game updates itself to 1.02 when it's started?

On a related point, spurred by the discussion, I just installed Race 07 on a laptop here and connected it to the TV and controller (G25) that I use with S2U and GT5. In a way I regret that now... ;)

DJ
--

I just remove (delete) the patch and the lag is gone...... but I have others minor problems (FF drop during under and over steer like pre patch 1.01,and sound issue with engine mute random during the race)

PS3 fat 40GB (changed with 320GB), 3.60 and today 3.61FW, G27.

Did you try instaling the patch, reseting the settings, exit the game and enter again? thats the only way it worked for me... I instaled the patch and I still had the lag so I reseted the settings and still had lag plus 900º steering no matter what I did... I exited the game and restarted it again and voila the game was great...

One question regarding the experiment in (3): do you keep the console (PS3 in my case) offline in order to avoid that the game updates itself to 1.02 when it's started?
The game ask you if you want upgrade to version 1.02 when it's started so if you don't want you can play without patch.
Anyway deleting patch 1.02 you came back to version 1.00 of the game because patch 1.01 is included in the 1.02.

Did you try instaling the patch, reseting the settings, exit the game and enter again? thats the only way it worked for me... I instaled the patch and I still had the lag so I reseted the settings and still had lag plus 900º steering no matter what I did... I exited the game and restarted it again and voila the game was great...
Yes, I did........ I did every kind of experiment but the only way to reduce the lag to an acceptable ammount is removing the patch, for me.

If Im so stupid why do you keep quoting me and filling pages (4 times as long as mine) just to prove you're right and Im not?

1st I didn't called You stupid, I said someone-You were not the only one but if the hat fitted Your head what can I do about it?- was making stupid comparisons between S2U and GT5.

2nd Remember who started the whole thing quoting me and calling me out for having an OPINION that Shift 2 handles arcadish?
It is funny that you insist on calling the game Arcade when I really feel the tire and suspension modeling to be far superior to GT5 as is the damage model and Im not the only one there are alot of people ver at Racedepartment and No Grip Racing that feel the same way... it sure isnt a Sim but it is closer to being one than GT5.

3rd Do You also do have problems in reading half page posts(glasses perhaps?)?

what does that make you? 4 times more stupid?:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Doesn't make me anything in particular, maybe I am just more careful supporting my opinions in a public forum so they don't sound so ridiculous and unsubstantiated as Yours!

I already said that Im finished with the off topic Sim/Arcade discution in this thread,

I really would like to believe You-I even pointed You in the direction of an appropriate thread to debate such matters and spit all the rage You feel about GT5:crazy:,there are Shift based forums You know maybe there You can post whatever You want about GT5 being a crappy game and S2U the perfect sim without having to display the "spoiled brat attitude" by having someone who disagrees with You:idea:), but I really don't!

and with you in any other thread for that matter

Good!!!

(expecially after the stupid reference and spelling corrections)

The stupid part I already explained, the spelling corrections it's unfair, I didn't corrected You, I didn't understood Your idea in a paragraph,pointed You a software that would help You, and asked for clarification, which,as expected, didn't got!
Anyway I'm done when You are!
I even thought You stated You wouldn't "engage" anymore in Your last post...but than I remembered how quickly You usual change opinions.:dunce:

Ill make whatever references I want as long as I stick to the AUP

Look a forum works by threads having a topic to discuss, after days of putting up with dozens of spam posts from You whining about the patch delay in Europe and Your delusional conspiracy theories, I made an on topic post about the patch not even referring GT5 or Your name.
I got an rebuttal doing comparisons with GT5 and calling me out on my opinion which happened to be different than Yours.´
Initially I tried to have an civilized discussion with You but soon I realized it was impossible due to the "majority opinion" trick, the fact that You never took the trouble of answering one of my specific questions,taking it for a personal level and implied me having syndromes,etc.
So I realized You weren't looking for debate, in fact i think You feel pretty uncomfortable with it, just forcing me to agree with You appealing to suppose expert and majority opinion which I dismantled.

but I can see that any reference to GT5 makes you jump the gun :dopey: you just cant help it can Ya :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

When it's made in a Shift 2 patch related thread- when You have the whole GT main forum for that- in unsubstantiated way and with Fanboyism hating style, like Yours with personal attacks between the lines- YES IT DOES.

tribolik

Leave him alone, and let's not continue pointless conversation, trashing threads seems to be he's specialty.

Seem to know me well for someone who is here for so little...:dunce:

Obvious troll is obvious.:indiff:

I had the same issue with 900º steering angle regardless of the displayed setting after resetting the controls. After exiting and restarting the game the steering angle was the same as the displayed setting. I've seen other reports about this, indicating that it is a simple bugette.

DJ
--

I just don't get it. Why you keep trashing this thread? Is this make you laugh ?

Dude no one cares about your opinion, if shift is a sim or arcade to you. Leave this thread alone. If you don't have to say about anything constructive about patch.

1) - original game and original game patched to 1.01 => lots of lag

Weird, because I'm on FW 3.60 and 1.02 patch. There is no lagging issues, tomorrow i will update to 3.61 but this should not make things any different.

1) - original game and original game patched to 1.01 => lots of lag

That is very strange... try going from 1.01 to 1.00 and maybe the game will turn the wheel before you do :D kidding

Im on 3.61 and it doesnt make any difference...

That is very strange... try going from 1.01 to 1.00 and maybe the game will turn the wheel before you do :D kidding

Im on 3.61 and it doesnt make any difference...

After what patch 1.02 did to this game, there is no force in this universe that could make me to downgrade :) I love this game now. Best NFS Evaaaah 👍

Back