Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
I just don't get it.

I never expected You to!

Why you keep trashing this thread?
Ever heard the saying 'bout throwing wood to a fire...that's what You're doing:dunce:
That's Your opinion, which I couldn't care less!
I was having a discussion with other person and replying to his posts.
I thought it was what Internet forums were for...💡
The topic is pretty much done either way,as someone already pointed out, there was a 1.02 version of the patch, some regions got it earlier-and some whined endlessly about it- now everyone has it.Some think it's amazing and it completely changed the core of the game engine and can now improve hugely their previous times-instead thinking that might have something to do with daily repetition,knowing the tracks better and improving driving skills( which in some cases at least I'm sure it weren't that great to begin with), others don't.
End of story!
Although I'm sure it will continue for Version 1.03, but certainly without my participation in it, for the comfort of some,I'm sure...

Is this make you laugh ?
No, not really why would I laugh about stupid Internet randomness...I read it everyday,unfortunately

Dude no one cares about your opinion,

Like to be the spokesman much do we?:dunce:
Speak for Yourself...either way I care about my opinions and how others address it!

if shift is a sim or arcade to you.

Arcade.

Leave this thread alone.

Until I see a Mod badge under your nick, You don't get to tell me what I can or can't do in GTP!

If you don't have to say about anything constructive about patch.

Meaning constructive agreeing with You and going with tide, right?!

Arvore

You won, I will even say that Shift is Arcade if that is what you want to read, now take your prize bike and get on topic or out of it, enough is enough...

I can't get enough of this game - you get so submersed in the races

You actually have to work for your laps (well, rFactor as well but that's PC)

Heh, tribolik me to. There is no sens in feeding Internet trolls. I've just reported him to higher authority. Hope this helps cause other way he just keep continue.

fissionproject I've had different opinion when i bought this game and started to play. At first i though it was biggest mistake of my life in buying games. But now i thing totally different. I have a fun on my live, this is simply the best racing game I've ever play. And there is a huge library of racing games in my collection :)

Patch 1.02 is the game Saviour for me

Im actually thinking of starting the career all over again (im 80% into the career and didnt do the drift events) and that is because the game after the patch is worth it.... it will be the first game Ill do over. I just hope they fix the freezing issues too.

Arvore

You won, I will even say that Shift is Arcade if that is what you want to read

I don't want to read anything...I don't care what You think of S2U(or anything else as a matter of fact!)...You were the one trying to "force" me to agree with You!Don't try to make it look otherwise.:grumpy:

now take your prize bike and get on topic or out of it, enough is enough...

Other Mod wanna be?Mr. Off Topic himself? Nerve...
Who are You to say that enough is enough if You're the one who keeps addressing me?!:ouch:

Heh, tribolik me to. There is no sens in feeding Internet trolls.

You're the troll, troll!

I've just reported him to higher authority. Hope this helps cause other way he just keep continue.

Is that what supposed to intimidate me...?:lol:
We can go on for as long as You which-although I have a feeling that the thread will probably get locked since it's subject is kind of exhausted, although it's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Yes he won the ignore list two posts ago :lol::lol::lol:
No more reading two pages posts for me :lol::lol::lol:

Now what would be really nice is for someone over at EA or SMS tell us if they are adressing the freezing issues, and lost livery in a future patch or if they are even considering on doing a future patch:tup:

I hope there is a future patch.
Online racing on Xbox suffers from FF drop out.

PS3 players have yet to even try this so fingers crossed for you guys.

how do i check which version of the game i have, just bought this game last night and not sure if i got this patch. also the handling in this game is just a little floaty for me, I mean i wasn't expecting it to play like gt5 but still. Anyone have any suggestions on making the handling just a bit tighter? I'm using some generic wheel i bought from gamestop. So yeah if theres anything I can fiddle with in the options or even car setups please let me know through a personal message, since I don't want to have to browse multiple pages just to see if someone responded to my post.

-Thanks,
-Slagithor

how do i check which version of the game i have, just bought this game last night and not sure if i got this patch. also the handling in this game is just a little floaty for me, I mean i wasn't expecting it to play like gt5 but still. Anyone have any suggestions on making the handling just a bit tighter? I'm using some generic wheel i bought from gamestop. So yeah if theres anything I can fiddle with in the options or even car setups please let me know through a personal message, since I don't want to have to browse multiple pages just to see if someone responded to my post.

-Thanks,
-Slagithor

Are you on the PS3?

i just played for the first time on a GT3 car...and its hard. But after tuning the car its another matter. Now its my new favourite cars. Monsters! But to be able to drive really good on DS3 i had to put deadzone to 0 and sens to 18. Then turninglock to 5. Downforce to about 2 front and 2 rear...stiffen up the suspension and off i went and totally in controll. Thx SMS for the patch!!! Keep em coming!

Play nice everyone. I'll be keeping a close eye on the thread so if it goes off topic or people start getting abusive again, I will close the thread and further action will be taken with individuals.

Is there still input lag with v1.02 on PS3 using the PS3 controller? I don't have a wheel and it seems to me there is still input lag when playing with the controller even after I installed the patch :| Only tried in out on the E36 M3 though.

Is there still input lag with v1.02 on PS3 using the PS3 controller? I don't have a wheel and it seems to me there is still input lag when playing with the controller even after I installed the patch :| Only tried in out on the E36 M3 though.

1. There is still lag

2. Micro Freeze (Game hangs for a fraction of a second)

2. System hangs frequently with fast cars (Nordschleife, Mount Panorama) and you need to shut it down manually !

4. Audio dropouts

1. There is still lag

2. Micro Freeze (Game hangs for a fraction of a second)

2. System hangs frequently with fast cars (Nordschleife, Mount Panorama) and you need to shut it down manually !

4. Audio dropouts

I have no such issues at all, my game runs perfect on all maps and after hours of running and no lag. Playing with DS3 on PS3 slim Shift2 LE...

To the ones saying they don't have any lag, are you really sure about this? Have you tried pressing your set button to look behind and see if the view changes instantly? Easiest way to spot if you have input lag or not. Reason you may not notice that there's any input lag on the steering is because you're already used to it. :P

Just seems weird to me that some people have lag and others don't

Firehuntah, I don't look back while driving forward :D I use the mirrors for that :P

Anyway, yes, but its not as bad as it was before patch plus the FFB has improved a lot. So its all good... to me at least. Everything can be improved though so, I'm expecting more patches.

The delay when looking back is there, both with DS3 and G25. Not sure if that's input lag or lag induced by other means (e.g. deliberate?) though, so I'm not 100% sure the same can be said for steering inputs. I have no problems with tight situations at high speed (where lag would mean a serious disadvantage) and/or unexpected situations, so either I'm good at compensating or there's not a huge amount of lag.

Either way, it's not big enough to annoy me. 👍 The insidesimracing tech tip of Shift 2 did mention that the cockpit movements are lagging behind the cars actual movement, which is why they preferred the hood cam (as do I).

Firehuntah
To the ones saying they don't have any lag, are you really sure about this? Have you tried pressing your set button to look behind and see if the view changes instantly? Easiest way to spot if you have input lag or not. Reason you may not notice that there's any input lag on the steering is because you're already used to it. :P

Just seems weird to me that some people have lag and others don't

No lag that I can tell...at least not enough to be noticable.
What would a look-back delay have to do with driving in this sim? But I use the mirrors...
PS3 slim, DFGT.

No noticeable lag over here (PS3 Fat, HKS Racing Controller).
Try driving a GT1 class car; it almost responds before I even touch the controller... It's all in the car and the tune.

What would a look-back delay have to do with driving in this sim? But I use the mirrors...

Nothing, but it's an easy way to tell if there's input lag. If there's input lag when looking behind there's input lag when steering as well.

I'm used to racing with it myself as well now but I do still notice the delay when I have to react fast to avoid a collision. Usually I'd do fine but not in this game, still crash into the other car cause my car doesn't respond fast enough.
Thing is though, no one should have to get used to something like this. There shouldn't be any input lag, or at least not this much. Haven't ever played a game that has this kind of input lag. Don't get why SMS/EA can't completely remove it. Heard it was in Shift 1 as well, so you'd think it'd be fixed in Shift 2. 1.02 sure made it better but it needs to be gone completely.

Also my deadzone is set at 0 so it can't be that. It has nothing to do with it anyway since you also get the input lag when looking behind or any other button.

There is a big delay when looking back, no doubt about that. But it's not the same when driving, or driving would be impossible. Which it is not. ;)

I've never seen evidence that this is a fully proven way to detect lag.

Is there any evidence needed? You press a button but the game doesn't respond instantly, what else can it be?

There is a big delay when looking back, no doubt about that. But it's not the same when driving, or driving would be impossible. Which it is not. ;)

It's the same for me, just less noticeable with a wheel since you turn it progressively. When moving the wheel fast I definately notice that the same lag is there though. It's just not bad enough to make driving impossible. But like I said, when you have to react quickly cause the car in front of you brakes hard, it gets pretty hard to avoid that car even with this small input lag.

Latest Posts

Back