Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
I wrote them another e-mail just now telling them it didnt work:tdown:... and for those that say they never answer - Im in my 5th e-mail (with the one Ive just now sent) and I allready got 4 answers and all within the period of 24 hours đź‘Ť

I'm upset but I'm not the one who suffers most. I do not enjoy work cars as much as I do GT or even D class. I can still do the Invitational A without freezes or blown engines but not without messing up and having the cut warning :(

For now "i'm good". I'm not OK for not having the LE events since patch 1.02 though. At least I have Autolog.

I believe that when patch 2.05 is out the game should work as it should !

Only problem is that by then they have already released Shift 5. LOL :crazy:

I believe that when patch 2.05 is out the game should work as it should !

Only problem is that by then they have already released Shift 5. LOL :crazy:

I think you got the wrong sub forum - you may be looking for the first one «GT5» and I seriously doubt that it will make any difference - they are going on patch nº 9 and the game still feels pretty much the same (at least the single mode)
As for Shift as long as they fix the freezing issue I will be happy - and if they dont it will be a big shame because the game is pretty good as it is allready but the freezing ruins it completly.
They could also fix some small bugs like the missing liverys and stuff like that but not a game breaker.
And I also think that we will get one more patch and thats it... just like Shift 1 - I checked and I have v1.03

I think you got the wrong sub forum - you may be looking for the first one «GT5» and I seriously doubt that it will make any difference - they are going on patch nº 9 and the game still feels pretty much the same (at least the single mode)
As for Shift as long as they fix the freezing issue I will be happy - and if they dont it will be a big shame because the game is pretty good as it is allready but the freezing ruins it completly.
They could also fix some small bugs like the missing liverys and stuff like that but not a game breaker.
And I also think that we will get one more patch and thats it... just like Shift 1 - I checked and I have v1.03

No it's the right forum I was being sarcastic !

I got GT5P and it stinks ! I would never buy GT5 !

Shift 2 still freezes in the middle of a race etc etc !

I don't car if there is some missing liverys I only care about the driving !

I also got v1.03 for Shift 1

Unfortunatelly there is probably just going to be one more patch for Shift 2 !

Well... Is it just me being lucky or is that freezin issue primarily related to the PS3? Any Xbox360 users here having trouble with a freezing game?

I've only had two freezes, all of them were in the 'tuning' section. The 918 Works doesn't cause the game to crash while I'm on the 'Ring, though... or any other track for that matter. To be honest, I've never had any trouble while actually racing. The bad slowdowns, the laggy feeling and the freezes always happened while I'm in some kind of menu.
Hasn't happened at all since 1.01, though.

Well... Is it just me being lucky or is that freezin issue primarily related to the PS3? Any Xbox360 users here having trouble with a freezing game?

I don't get freezes either and I'm in PS3. I don't often drive the ueber-fast cars, though.. For some reason I keep going back to the D, C and B events so maybe that makes a difference?

I don't get freezes either and I'm in PS3. I don't often drive the ueber-fast cars, though.. For some reason I keep going back to the D, C and B events so maybe that makes a difference?

Dunno, really. I'm running lots of A-class cars, mostly works converted stuff, so I don't think it's depending on the class.

Then again, I don't nottice much of the dreaded input lag and whatnot... Might be because I'm using a pad, of course, but still.

brambos, I'm getting the feeling we're just incredibly lucky. Or Slightly Mad, whatever :lol:

The freezing issues, at least in my PS3, are definitely car( works, GT1&3) and track related(Ring, Bathurst,Spa).

The freezing issues, at least in my PS3, are definitely car( works, GT1&3) and track related(Ring, Bathurst,Spa).

Bathurst, too? Well, I guess I'm definitely safe, then. Did the 20 lap endurance race some time ago (post 1.02) with the Gallardo works, hitting speeds of 200mp/h every lap and didn't have any problems whatsoever.

I hope so, at least.

Yeah it feezes a lot on mount panorama... I got a freeze on the endurance race lap 18 - I was leading with a 20 second lead

Never had a freeze on Xbox.
Gumpert works + ring should create one right?

Raced that last night ok.

Speaking of which. I had my arse handed to me. Is hard mode super hard in A class?
They pulled away on straights and through corners.
Road America and the ring I came last.

How's every one else coping?

I just finished trying GT1 Ford and MC12 and all of the GT3 cars at Monza two laps each. No freezes. I used Time Attack during the day in a PS3 and G27 wheel

At this point If you specify the spec of your PS3 fat/slim, year and hard disk could be an useful info in the bug thread... or simply, avoiding freezes it's just a matter of luck.

Does some of you get a freeze after 1.02 with a 1 year old ps3?

the specs of the hardware are pretty much the same - the cooling of the hardware is whats been improved and I get freezes right after I turn the game on and the PS3 is cool. But for what its worth Im on a 40g PS3 upgraded to 250g

the specs of the hardware are pretty much the same - the cooling of the hardware is whats been improved and I get freezes right after I turn the game on and the PS3 is cool. But for what its worth Im on a 40g PS3 upgraded to 250g
Fat ? You know lot of fat had weird issues with recent games MAYBE this is the problem, but if someone experienceing freezes with a recent slim, it means having freezes or not is just a matter of luck.. and car/track combinations.
(as usual, sorry for my English)

Last edited:
I have a fat ps3 wich I bought on the release date when ps3 were new, Shift 2 has not frozen on me yet and i have played it solid for two days now. A friend of mine has a slim ps3 wich is 3 months old and Shift 2 freezes to the point where it is getting very frustrating. He got the game today and it froze 4 times in the 3 hours I spent there....

Its not just a Fat problem

At this point If you specify the spec of your PS3 fat/slim, year and hard disk could be an useful info in the bug thread... or simply, avoiding freezes it's just a matter of luck.

Does some of you get a freeze after 1.02 with a 1 year old ps3?

Yes my PS3 Slim is about 1 year old and it keeps freeze after the 1.02 patch !
I have to manually shut the PS3 down every time!

Honestly, I have had quite a few freezes. Complete lock-up where only shut off and turn on will do. But, it does always fix itself eventually and the fun is worth it.

Yes, on PS3 it freezes at high speed - it may be related to the car/track combination you're using - I've experienced it at the ring (consistently, with all fast cars, both works and non-works cars) and on one of the "career" races (don't remember which).
I started on a fat 40gb and have now bought a brand new slim (just to prove to EA that the console was not the problem)

Ok, after PSN got back and Autolog went online i got my first freeze...never had that before.
So i tryed again, and again freeze after driving really fast. So my guess is it had to do with autolog. So i went into autolog settings and turned most of it off...and no more freeze. So i think its something to do with autolog.

Ok, after PSN got back and Autolog went online i got my first freeze...never had that before.
So i tryed again, and again freeze after driving really fast. So my guess is it had to do with autolog. So i went into autolog settings and turned most of it off...and no more freeze. So i think its something to do with autolog.

Iv'e tried several 10 minute Time Attack's at Mount Panorama and every single time it had froozen up totally at high speeds.

Then I turned everything off in Autolog except for Records and it stopped freezing.

Thanks for that tip !

Iv'e tried several 10 minute Time Attack's at Mount Panorama and every single time it had froozen up totally at high speeds.

Then I turned everything off in Autolog except for Records and it stopped freezing.

Thanks for that tip !

After reading this I went to my autolog settings and turned off everything and the went straight to the ring with the F1 works and got a freeze in the exactly same spot as the last 10 times so it has nothing to do with autolog
Hell I dont even play connected to the internet most of the times. But I though I would give it a go anyway...

EDIT: when I restarted the game I went to the autolog settings and they were all on again so just to be sure I turned them all off again and went to the garage and changed some cars livery so that the game would save all my changes - then I went to the ring again with an F1 works and for my suprise the game didnt freeze with that car on the ring for the first time - and I was able to set my fastest time of 6:40 without any freezing - I tried two more times and no freezing so far.

EDIT2: I guess I was just lucky before because I tried it one more time and it froze in the exact same spot as the 11 times before so it definitly has nothing to do with autolog - from what I can tell it has to do with - car - track - high speed - placement of the car on a specific part of the track and luck (or lack of luck)

Last edited:
Back