Shift 2 v1.02 Patch

• Thread starter BryantFC
  • 899 comments
Come on EA... Get your 🤬 together and release the stupid patch! The delay is getting annoying now.

Last edited by a moderator:
brambos
Come on EA... Get your 🤬 together and release the stupid patch! The delay is getting annoying now.

They still haven't given it to Sony?
That's bad.

Sony of America and Sony of Europe decided when anything goes out over their respective networks. EA just submits it to them.

Now that I've got that out of the way I'm going to go back to laughing at all the people who loudly complained and then impatiently got rid of their copy of Shift 2 before the patch came out.

Suckers.

Sony of America and Sony of Europe decided when anything goes out over their respective networks. EA just submits it to them.

Now that I've got that out of the way I'm going to go back to laughing at all the people who loudly complained and then impatiently got rid of their copy of Shift 2 before the patch came out.

Suckers.

Hehe, i was close to doing that ;) still no patch in the UK :/ Only thing kept me from selling the game was the sound the challenger makes on throttle lift :D just like in Tarrantino's "death proof" :D

They still haven't given it to Sony?
That's bad.

I know that You're, probably, just being sarcastic Spagg.;)
*and just for the record and for the sake of avoiding misunderstandings over the interwebzz, I know that You're not one of those winning;)
Because, obviously, if the Patch came out on US, E.A. had delivered it to SONY, like, one month ago and it is, obviously, completely out of their hands!
Not that I like E.A. that much, but fair is fair...and winning* won't get people nowhere but closer to their frustrations.💡

In my opinion, have a little more patience...
The patch will be released soon, PSN will be back up and the Legends Pack will be available.
And if a game is aggravating you (like GT5 did for me) stop playing, thinking and arguing how it can become better (like I did for GT5).
You will be much happier! :D

I know you like Shift 2 (like I do) and that the various issues (which every game has) make you mad. I am just saying that you should focus on the good things of a game and have fun. You may think that this is wrong but I believe it's healthier. Games are for having fun! If you have fun overlook the unavoidable omissions or else the omissions will take over the game and you will only see them, therefore ruining the game for you. If the omission, glitches, bugs are so many that you are not having fun, stop playing, bothering and buying future versions. Video games is a chance to take your mind of life's real problems, not fill your mind with more worries and your time with tedious tasks (like grinding...) ;)

👍
Agreed all the way. By focusing on the positives, it made this game a blast to play. Even before the first patch, I was having a blast with S2U. Add the patches and it near perfect for me.The same potential that GT5 has, Shift 2 has. The difference is that SMS made it more of a reality. Exact reason I only played GT5 the first 2 months it was released. I still have my copy, its just retired in lieu of Shift 2.

Suckers.
Suckers indeed,lol. Your saying the same thing I said after a week of Shift 2's release. NO patience for a patch. I can put money on 3/4 of the people that got rid of their copy, will re-purchase this game with these patches. GT5 is on what patch and look at what all it still lacks still. No DLC, 5 years of development, wanted 2 more years, missing tracks, 2 tiers of cars, lack of offline events, etc. the list goes on and on. For the time frame and what's available in Shift 2 they are several steps ahead of the PD development team. I agree with the one post that stated that Kas is heading in the wrong direction with the GT series. GT got where it is now by following a format. They completely revamped the format and its broken now. Buckle up guys, Shift is here to stay and is up there with the big boys. They are only on the second release of Shift. Wait til they log as many releases as GT and Forza and then judge them. There are too many haters against the Shift series. A series in which we finally have developers that are reading thru forums such as this and considering the wishes of Racing fans. Great job SMS, keep it up. I except you guys to only progress and not regress like the GT series.

Last edited:
Just finished aplying this »»»»»
800Seat_Tiago.jpg
(or my interpretation with what the game has) to a Porsche Cayman Works and now Im getting bored....

Patch 1.02 made this game even better. Im on the PS3 using a DFGT and the FFB is drastically better. No more complete loss of FFB to simulate losing front end traction, and it's much stronger all around. I also notice much less off the side to side swaying on straights (Lotus race @ Suzuka is much better now).

Hopefully they can get this patch out to everyone soon.

That's really weird, if i could change my registration info about my region then i could probably download that patch if in US there is no problem with downloading it. But stupid psn is down and there is no way for us to go over that. Me waiting is not something i do every day :)

I want this game to be better and better. :ouch:

Im really starting to beleave it will only be up one day after the PSN is up for GT5 sake.... I know that seems stupid on Sonys behalf but I really cant seem to find any other explanation for the delay... what a bummer

Im really starting to beleave it will only be up one day after the PSN is up for GT5 sake.... I know that seems stupid on Sonys behalf but I really cant seem to find any other explanation for the delay... what a bummer

Seriously, it's not a conspiracy. Sony is not actively sabotaging the biggest publisher on their platform by holding back an insignificant patch for a minor title in one of their regions.

It would hurt them infinitely more than they could possibly gain from it - and they have bigger issues on their minds right now.

Since the v1.02 patch. I have for the first time attempted to complete the career mode.

Before the patch I would get so frustrated trying the career races/challenges, I refused to do them. Instead, I just focused on time trials in quick mode and AWD Gymkhana at the depot.

The only part of the career I had originally completed was the Time Attack series, a few D, C, B, and A races...and GT3. Only 19% completion...and I gave up on career.

I went back after v1.02 and started at the beginning re-doing my completed challenges and attempting new ones I had not tried before.

All I can say is...Amazing. Flat out, Un-tainted bliss. I have since completed more then half the career mode and can't wait to head back for more.

Going back and racing the Stock D and C vehicals was life changing. Haha. I spent alot of time on the slow cars and when I progressed up to the modified B and A cars I was driving them 100% better then before. My actions are more mathoticle and controlled.

The latest patch made driving in Shift 2 so much better, but once you go back and retrain yourself at the pace of the career. You really get a sense of how much has changed since the release of the game.

I suggest you all re-attempt the career when you get the patch.

Last edited:
God damn it! This is getting irritating. Just popped my disc in to update and there is still no patch in UK. Why this preferential treatment to some? Plain stupid.

Can anyone with the wheel on disposal make an overview of post-patch handling-differences in Drift mode races?

Thanx in advance

That's really weird, if i could change my registration info about my region then i could probably download that patch if in US there is no problem with downloading it. But stupid psn is down and there is no way for us to go over that. Me waiting is not something i do every day :)

I want this game to be better and better. :ouch:

The PAL and NTSC discs probably have a slightly different file sent out for the patch so I don't think it'd make any difference even if we had PSN. Kind of a kick in the pants SOE hasn't distributed it yet.

I picked up the game on Friday for my PS3. I finally had time to install the game and v1.02 patch this morning. I hope to try S2U this evening!!👍

btw...I saw the DS3 setup screen but I did not see any wheels in the OPTIONS setup? I assume I was I was not at the correct OPTIONS screen or I needed to have my wheel plugged in to the PS3 to have it recognized ingame.
:)

I picked up the game on Friday for my PS3. I finally had time to install the game and v1.02 patch this morning. I hope to try S2U this evening!!👍

btw...I saw the DS3 setup screen but I did not see any wheels in the OPTIONS setup? I assume I was I was not at the correct OPTIONS screen or I needed to have my wheel plugged in to the PS3 to have it recognized ingame.
:)

Same solution as V1.0: Press the PS button for a few seconds, set your DS3 controller to controller 2, navigate to your control setting by D-pad on your wheel and it should recognize your wheel as current controller.

I dont have to use this method when patch 1.01 released, just set your DS3 to controller 2 and it will recognize your wheel automatically.

Latest Posts

Back