Sign the GT4 online petition!

  • Thread starter Thread starter wasib
  • 120 comments
  • 4,104 views
I was as angry as anyone about the dropping of the Online mode by PD, im a racing fanatic and Gamer, see some of my posts on the subject.

Been playing racing games for about 22 years, been waiting for that day when the best simulator (on console as my current pc sucks), featuring huge amount of cars and tracks, could actually be used to race against other people around the world, of similar passion.
Lots of promise but no delivery!

However a petition to include a segment to GT which is not ready, is wrong.

Better would be a petition to ensure PD continues to work on the Online support and release it when ready would be much better.
Rather than them getting way laid with the upcoming PSP version and inevitable GT5 developement.
 
wasib
Hi there

I have found a online petition and considering GTplanet has more then 30 000 members i found it would be appropriate to show you.


http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gt4/

please sign!


Please,

realise, that there are people who are rather to have THE game on 14/12
without online component, and eventualy buy online version in 2005.
Look at it in a way that you will be more ready after offline drill for few months.

Disregards,

T
 
two points:

1 - I am sure beyond a doubt that KY will NOT say "Gee, I took Online gaming out because I thought no one wanted it, but look at this!

2 - these stupid online petitions are the gayest of the gay.
 
TBH i can't be arsed to sign. Won't make a bit of difference.

I may start my own

"Dear mr lucas, please don't make episode 3 crap.

kev"
 
PD have officially said there not implementing the online aspect in GT4.

No amount of petitioning is going to change there mind.
 
That's right cosmic, you PRETEND that online play doesn't matter ho ho ho. It does.
 
Not to everyone, it doesn't.

And it's quite true that these so-called "petitions" are worthless. No one in the history of the internet has every paid a moment's attention to one.

Fact is, GT4 is not going to have online. And there's nothing.. NOTHING you can do about it.
 
Seriously... Some People..

Just plain Stupid!! (no offense intended).
 
code_kev
That's right cosmic, you PRETEND that online play doesn't matter ho ho ho. It does.

Actaully , it doesn't matter. I wanted to/was going to play online.
I care more about the game then the ****y online play.
 
Greyout
two points:

1 - I am sure beyond a doubt that KY will NOT say "Gee, I took Online gaming out because I thought no one wanted it, but look at this!


Pretty much sums up my argument. :)
 
Its not like GT will NEVER have online mode!!.......Its not such a huge tragedy that we dont get it right away!.....just think....give it a while and PD will come out with the online installment......maybe with more tracks and cars!!.....I would rather wait and have something great.....

GT4 is amazing on its own......even without online play.....seeing as it is very much a one player career game...online can wait!
 
Yes but it is something we as consumers / fans were promised....photomode....psh, bite me!!! Should have spent more man hours on the online mode...and as for future release, like GT4.5, it had better be free.....of course it will not though....bastardz !
 
I guess that thats the price to pay!......They probably did it to earn more money....why charge once when they can make you pay again......and probably a subscription will be there aswell... :ouch: .......Well......atleast GT4 is quite feature packed as it is! :sly:
 
robin2223
I guess that thats the price to pay!......They probably did it to earn more money....why charge once when they can make you pay again......and probably a subscription will be there aswell... :ouch: .......Well......atleast GT4 is quite feature packed as it is! :sly:
That's busniess , making money :sly:
 
Yeah...a resource like the GT series should be considered "opensource" due to its educational function !

Cheaper than drivers training
Cheaper than racing school
 
TwinTurboJay
Yes but it is something we as consumers / fans were promised....photomode....psh, bite me!!! Should have spent more man hours on the online mode...and as for future release, like GT4.5, it had better be free.....of course it will not though....bastardz !

...and why should it be "free"? Does PD exist to provide you and only you free video games? Grow up and join reality. Development costs money. Things happen in project cycles and tough desicions need to be made when red flags come up. Sometimes things like this happen. I remember reading years ago in a KY interview that the online mode was iffy in concept due to limitations in the internet (I won't even pretend to understand what, but I have read it has been an issue multiple times).

If you care that much or are that cheap just don't buy GT4 when it comes out and wiat until GT4online is out.





wasib
Hi there

I have found a online petition and considering GTplanet has more then 30 000 members i found it would be appropriate to show you.


http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gt4/

please sign!

I'd rather have the game, perfected and tweaked on the DVD, in December in my PS2 and me playing it an enjoying it without the online mode than wait another 6 (or more) months to have the same game with online mode. I was, and am, looking forward to racing online but the fact it won't be there for the initial release is no big deal to me. In fact I like that as it will give me alot of seat time in the game to get used to it and to the level I am at with GT3. So when I do get the online mode I'll be very settled with my GT4 driving skills and ready to race and take on all I meet.

Plus do you honestly thing anyone at PD is going to give a flying flip about some dumb petition on the internet signed by a bunch of basically anonymous people?

I highly doubt it.
 
Even if GT4 had online mode right off the bat. it's going to take us all a while to get the cars that we really want and all that stuff. Granted, the online addon probably won't be out until May of 05. But having GT4 now, and waiting a while for the online part is better then waiting another 6 months for just the game.
 
Agreed. If PD delayed the game the required 6mo-1yr in order to get online working properly, the whole attitude would change... it would go from "WTF, no online?!?" to "WTF, another delay?!?", and the same number of people would still be pissed off about it. Seeing as how the number of people who will play the game online is most likely a relatively small percentange of the people who purchase it, the decision was made to drop it. From a business standpoint, it makes perfect sense, and I agree with them.
 
Humph, everybody keeps on mumbling about the lackness of the online mode in GT4, well, to be able to get the hands of GT4 sooner than next year, they have to ditch it to prevent further delays that cracks my teeth off.

Since, i'm not very excited about GT4 Online, I'd rather wait when GT5 comes out, I've waited for too damn long for GT4 (after they skipped GTC and GT4P here in the US) and I'm sick of playing GT3, so I keep on playing GT2 instead.

Let GT4 arrive the way it is, its been years of argrivation and fustration, just to await this marvelous game and enjoy it when it comes out.
 
Hi there

I have seen your responses and some of you are quite mad at me. It was my first post and i just wanted to show the people who were dissapointed about the lack of online play where they could sign a petition. I understand that KY will not care about this petition but the more people who sign the petition the better. As for GT4 its still gonna be the best racing simulator and i look forward to driving on the nurburgring Nordschleife :) :) :)
 
^ I'm not mad at you first of all, I'm just talking about the rest of the people here on GTP.
 
I want to play the game at Decemeber,no more delay's.....no nothing.I just want to play it,online or not online...I don't care! :)
 
hahahaha Online petition...

Did anyone pay their own hard cash to help make this game? No? Then shut the hell up cuz it's not your freakin' game to mess with. It's like me barking up Nissan's tree to get them to install V6 Turbo motors in all their cars... It's a good idea, but what the hell do I have to do with anything Nissan does? They make cars like THEY want to much like KY makes games like HE wants to. He could even make GT5 into The Real Bicycle Trainer Simulater or whatever, so what? Don't want it? Don't buy it.


I like how no one congratulates him on his amazing game, yet soo many are ready to knock him in a second just because he had to leave something out.
 
GTXLR
Lots of promise but no delivery!

I really hate to go offtopic...but PD made a lot less promises about online playability than people think. The said they were going to impliment it, the media hyped it up, and then they ran into problems across a wide network rather than a private one...so they scrapped it until it's fine. Reason it doesn't work well is because they have do not have dedicated servers...it's easier for xbox to run games via live because microsoft has their hands in the internet biz and they have servers etc in which they can run these games onilne, sony does not have such things, so smaller companies have to create their own networks...thus they run into problems. But all in all, people just believed too much hype and drew their own conclusions...PD did not promise, they siad it would be there, but then had to take it out, but never promised over and over and hyped it.
 
tha_con
I really hate to go offtopic...but PD made a lot less promises about online playability than people think. The said they were going to impliment it, the media hyped it up, and then they ran into problems across a wide network rather than a private one...so they scrapped it until it's fine. Reason it doesn't work well is because they have do not have dedicated servers...it's easier for xbox to run games via live because microsoft has their hands in the internet biz and they have servers etc in which they can run these games onilne, sony does not have such things, so smaller companies have to create their own networks...thus they run into problems. But all in all, people just believed too much hype and drew their own conclusions...PD did not promise, they siad it would be there, but then had to take it out, but never promised over and over and hyped it.

Well said! 👍
 
Back