Sign the GT4 online petition!

  • Thread starter Thread starter wasib
  • 120 comments
  • 4,104 views
Civicbus
hahahaha Online petition...

Did anyone pay their own hard cash to help make this game?

No? Did you get your GT3 for FREE? :yuck:
 
I wondered if online would make it to GT4 to be honest, the PS2 dosent seem to be very good for online from what I've heard I reckon PS3 and GT5 will have the feature. Thats if people are still buying playstations then :scared:
 
Jedi2016
Not to everyone, it doesn't.

And it's quite true that these so-called "petitions" are worthless. No one in the history of the internet has every paid a moment's attention to one.

Fact is, GT4 is not going to have online. And there's nothing.. NOTHING you can do about it.

You obviously didn't hear of the 'THX 1138' DVD petition, which resulted in the film being released to DVD.
 
SaintKamus
a segment of GT that is not ready? then if it's not ready, why the HELL are they releasing it?

re read that again:'However a petition to include a segment to GT which is not ready, is wrong.'
1 segment that obviously does not work, hasnt worked and isnt likely to work for at least the next 9 months.
Why the hell shouldnt they release the rest of it!
Im assuming the online mode is not gone be with us for at least another year including testing, why wait when everything else is ready.

Get over it.
The game is coming in December no matter what.
Everything else is ready.
Online may not be up to a suitable standard, this gen.

You could wait 2 years just for things to improve to a suitable standard.

Yes im annoyed its not in, and sometime life isnt fair.
Move on.
 
Well if PD makes a release that is just an expansion that includes online, I don't think many will buy it. Why? Why pay for something that was supposed to be there in the first place? If Pd wants my cash on GT4 and this other GT title or expansion er whatever, three big car names come to mind that would make me willing to pay for the second release. Here is a big hint at what those names are:
Two names are Italian, one is German.......


"Put in teh cars and they will buy!"

And I don't see why they can't have this next release be an expansion.
PS2 has an HD so why not? Only thing in my and everyone else's, is Are we gunna hafte pay for it? If yes how much and what's in it?
If it's $10 for the online add-on fine, but anything over $20 would piss me off unless they added in around 25-50 new cars. Who am I to say this? I'm the god dang customer who got fudged cuz KY sucks at telling the truth......
"Yeah no Nurb in GT4, online is in, hey look at us drive these Ferrari's and Porsches just to tease you!!!"
I'm sorry but if he drops anything else from GT4 and the online deal blows, I will have no respect for KY as a man.
 
PS2 doesnt really have a hard drive.
Its very limited in availability across the globe in limited guises.
And i believe it has never been available in Europe at all.

It will not come as an expansion.IMHO

It would mean too much disc swapping, to start with.
GT players who miss out and wait till online is availbale would then have to buy both parts at once.
I also think certain elements will be ammended in final release of online.
Maybe even just a stripped down version of GT4 but online.
 
Rapidone
You obviously didn't hear of the 'THX 1138' DVD petition, which resulted in the film being released to DVD.

Seeing as how Lucas is well-known for NOT listening to fan desires, I think it's safe to say that any petition for the release of THX-1138 and it's subsequent DVD release is entirely coincidental. Especially seeing as how many THX fans are upset with him giving the film the Star Wars treatment.

Besides, this petition for online in GT4 is not even in the same category. GT4, in layman's terms, CANNOT have online at this point in time. That's WHY it was removed. It simply WAS NOT WORKING. So having a bunch of crybaby's begging and whining for it to be put back in, at the expense of vast sums of money and another year of delays to the game.. it's unacceptable, to both fans of the games as well as Sony and PD. Perhaps you didn't see the recent poll right here on these forums, in which the majority voted NO to online, saying they wouldn't play the game online even if it was included. So, I'll ask again.. why in the hell should WE wait another year for the addition of a SINGLE feature that we'd never use anyway? The game is already DONE aside from this ONE little insignificant feature, there is NO reason whatsoever to delay the game further to please only a small percentage of the series' fans.
 
OK, I too, have gotten over the whole "No Online!? I'm so pissed" crap.

People, you've been waiting for a few years for GT4, are you too impatient wait for at least 1 more year for the online? FYI, PD's making a new online based game to make up for this next year. I know I can wait.
 
ppucci
No? Did you get your GT3 for FREE? :yuck:

what? hahaha that makes no sense what-so-ever :dunce:
By your logic that wouuld mean that if I bought a Nissan Sentra I'd be more than allowed to complain and b1tch at Nissan to give me all the free parts I wanted...
I paid for the end product to USE it, I didn't pay money to fund the damn thing.
 
Civicbus
what? hahaha that makes no sense what-so-ever :dunce:
By your logic that wouuld mean that if I bought a Nissan Sentra I'd be more than allowed to complain and b1tch at Nissan to give me all the free parts I wanted...
I paid for the end product to USE it, I didn't pay money to fund the damn thing.

I'm afraid you're the one not making sense.

You purchase something based on what it is promised to have from the dealer.

Say you buy an SE-R but they trick you into buying a standard SE with the aero kit and wheels of the SE-R.

You notice that the big torquey 2.5L is missing, and the suspension and brakes are the same lackluster ones found on any ho-hum sentra. You have the right to be pissed.

This is radical exageration of course, but some people feel absolutely cheated, and, logically, they have the right to be pissed.

If you pay money to USE the end product, don't you want it have all the features listed on the window sticker?
 
kinigitt
I'm afraid you're the one not making sense.

You purchase something based on what it is promised to have from the dealer.

Say you buy an SE-R but they trick you into buying a standard SE with the aero kit and wheels of the SE-R.

You notice that the big torquey 2.5L is missing, and the suspension and brakes are the same lackluster ones found on any ho-hum sentra. You have the right to be pissed.

This is radical exageration of course, but some people feel absolutely cheated, and, logically, they have the right to be pissed.

If you pay money to USE the end product, don't you want it have all the features listed on the window sticker?

I get what you guys are saying, but KY NEVER promised Online RACING from the start. Like people have said, they hyped the word "Online" and just assumed it was Online Racing, instead of just downloading crap like tracks/cars to the HDD.

Trust me, if they pulled that crap like you just said above, I'd be just as pissed as you guys.
 
For those of you so "pissed" about not getting "all the promised features" that you're paying for, there's a very simple solution, that should solve all of your problems:

Don't buy it.

Contrary to popular belief, no one is forcing you to go down to the store and purchase this game. So if you spend your hard-earned money on a game that you feel isn't up to your personal expectations, the only one you can blame is yourself.
 
thats probably what a lot of them will do. And they'll become bitter and hardened towards the GT series.

thats not cool. It's arrogant.

If you don't like it then hey **** you is fine and dandy for a beastie boys song, but not for a racing game developer with lots of anxious fans.
 
Civicbus
I get what you guys are saying, but KY NEVER promised Online RACING from the start. Like people have said, they hyped the word "Online" and just assumed it was Online Racing, instead of just downloading crap like tracks/cars to the HDD.
"The online mode features a robust system for players to race with up to six other players" - SCEA Press Release, 5-14-03

I would also like to add, I'm one of those people that would have gladly paid full price for the E3 demo that was shown this year. I just want to play the damn thing, online or not. I, and everyone else in North America, have gone entirely too long without a new GT game. I'm actually GLAD they decided to release an offline version instead of delaying it 6 more months. Because all I really want to do is play GT4. No online play? BIG ****ING DEAL!!!! Make your own with LAN tunnelling and do OLRs. Just be glad you're getting anything at all. Just be glad they didn't say, "Online will be impossible on the PS2, so we're delaying GT4 to be a PS3 launch title."
 
kinigitt
thats probably what a lot of them will do. And they'll become bitter and hardened towards the GT series.

thats not cool. It's arrogant.

If you don't like it then hey **** you is fine and dandy for a beastie boys song, but not for a racing game developer with lots of anxious fans.

Huh?


You make no sense....
 
You know what makes no sense?

This thread.
 
GT4 has enough great things going for it :sly:

They dont need online play, and neither do i. 👍
 
Man... you all STILL going at it? Like I said, I have no problem with online play, and I too am disappointed about not having this feature. But as I ask a rhetorical question to you... do you love GT4 conditionally or unconditionally? If conditional, you love certain aspects, but not all. If unconditional, you love GT4 regardless. So where do you stand?
 
Spoonage
GT4 has enough great things going for it :sly:

They dont need online play, and neither do i. 👍
Yeah I was a little disappointed that GT4 isn't going to have online, but check out all of the features that GT4 has; plenty of stuff to keep you guys busy. They'll definitely have it later on next year though. Until then. 👍
 
Really, if that's all some of you guys care about, don't buy GT4. Buy the next one coming out next year. Some of you guys are all mad at PD for not having it. But I know half you moaning dudes are just gonna buy GT4 anyways, and then come back and say how awesome it is.
 
You know, let's just end this petition. I had a chance to review a locked thread in which I provided my commentary and opinions. I'm not going to relive the attacks and sarcasm I've taken. So why don't we try to axe this petition deal? And unlike that thread in question, this is much more simple to understand. This is almost as dumb as the petition to end all the forum topics on GT4 until GT4 comes out. And hey, I'll wait for December. By then, I'll probably be doing my Fall 2004 finals by then. I'm usually impatient, but I can deal for GT4 in December. This petition (and this thread, if you want to put it that way) impatientely needs the lockup treatment.
 
I think it all boils down to this:

"GT4 has no online. Like it or lump it."

Stop complaining and entertain yourself some other way. No one cares for your opinion on the matter.
 
Shannon
I think it all boils down to this:

"GT4 has no online. Like it or lump it."

Stop complaining and entertain yourself some other way. No one cares for your opinion on the matter.

Ahhh, but obviously we all DO care about what YOU have to say, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not just pissed about the untimely deletion of online play. It is ALL of the countless things PD are doing to, in my opinion, ruin the GT series. Delay after delay, stubbornness to include features we all want (and other games seem quite capable of) including crash damage, skid marks, weather effects, real-time lighting, more than six cars, etc. KY just sticks to the same old routine: We can't do it on PS2. Well other game makers have managed to find a way, but not PD. The GT series has always had such great potential, but they seem so mired in the quest for realistic graphics that they are ignoring what I consider to be necessary features. And now they slash online mode too?!?! All I am saying is that GT4 is NOT looking at all like the game I have lusted for ever since the release of GT3.
 
JohnBM01
Man... you all STILL going at it? Like I said, I have no problem with online play, and I too am disappointed about not having this feature. But as I ask a rhetorical question to you... do you love GT4 conditionally or unconditionally? If conditional, you love certain aspects, but not all. If unconditional, you love GT4 regardless. So where do you stand?

I don't love DVD's with game data on them. I can't. Inanimate objects aren't my bag, I'm sorry if I dissapoint you.

I've always enjoyed the series, but it is losing steam because when things stay the same for too long, I inevitably get irritated at having to buy the newer, mildly better one.

Games are entertainment, so when they stop being entertaining, it's time to whine. Nyah Nyah. Deal with it, or whine about me. It's your choice, I'm not going tell you how to think. Take the hint.
 
JohnBM01
Gosh, some people don't get it. I don't know why I bother at times, but you know how people feel about petitions. The last one I looked at was a petition to end GT4 forum topics until GT4 came out. Most of us all know what that was like after having read that petition.

It's a pointless deal to have to come up with a petition on this. And if you ask me, I pretty much think PD is still trying to work out the bugs. And if Kazunori and his team say that online isn't coming to this build, that's basically going to be that. Kazunori Yamauchi said that himself and PD will continue working on it, so that doesn't mean that Yamauchi is going to totally neglect online play. And if KY did it, guess what? Many fans will turn away from Gran Turismo and find other racing games. As much as I say that I've never lost faith in PD in making GT4 a classic, don't lose faith in PD in one day trying to work out a way to make online play feasible and manageable. GT4 is going to come out this year with or without online play. And it doesn't make a difference in making this game a classic. When I got the original Unreal Tournament from 1998-ish, I didn't play it for online capabilities, but I played it for the fun of kicking other people's asses, and even playing fun games of Capture the Flag... even though "Assault" isn't one of my favorite modes in the game. It's basically pointless to petition something PD is pretty much going to consider and work on. You know, it's like telling a police officer to arrest a man who's causing havoc in the city even though the police already knows about this nutty guy in question. And like throwing a football down a field to be intercepted, this petition is a dumb call.

Or if you want to press the issue, while online play is fun, if you neglect the single player experience or pay no real attention to non-multiplay components, you're going to miss out on what a game really has to offer. Besides... how are you going to make it to 100% completion if all you're going to do is play online? Discussion over. End this petition at once. And to my would-be opposition, go ahead and complain about how much I space I used to type this thing up. Go ahead and miss my main points and tell me how to do make forum replies like I've never done this before. And you know who I'm referring to.

Let me say first off I haven't been able to read all the posts for this thread... but then again a GT4 online pention.... yes John... you've nailed the hammer too many times, when I heard that GT4 was not going online BUT there is going to be an online version in 2005... I was a LITTLE upset but I got over it, WHY? Becuase GT4 is STILL going to be a great game, so what if we can't go online yet as has been said, again, again and AGAIN, I'm still going to enjoy it and be ready as hell for the online version WHEN it comes out, I've to finish other crap till decemeber anyway, when it comes it when it comes, the fact it's not going to be online is now a mild dissapointment at BEST, so personrally I see what you mean, and yes people are still going to say what they say just because they are them.

JohnBM01
Man... you all STILL going at it? Like I said, I have no problem with online play, and I too am disappointed about not having this feature. But as I ask a rhetorical question to you... do you love GT4 conditionally or unconditionally? If conditional, you love certain aspects, but not all. If unconditional, you love GT4 regardless. So where do you stand?

I suppose I'd have to go with the latter... I think... since I'm going to enjoy it anyway, other people are just going to well... be themselves and that's about it... I would go futher but... no I'm not going to say much, I'll still enjoy GT4.


That's about it for me for now. Till later.
 
Don't you "recall" the petition that ousted the Gov of California. That all started with an online petition and now Arnie is in office. I passed poly-sci.

With attitudes like that change never comes about. So I say stand up for whatever you believe in. Sign it or don't. But don't tell others not to. That's just lame.

I bet you won't bother to vote in Nov. either. What a shame. :indiff:
 
Online Mode will be out in 2005... I don't mind, as long GT4 comes out in 2 months I don't really care...
 
kinigitt
I'm afraid you're the one not making sense.

You purchase something based on what it is promised to have from the dealer.

Say you buy an SE-R but they trick you into buying a standard SE with the aero kit and wheels of the SE-R.

You notice that the big torquey 2.5L is missing, and the suspension and brakes are the same lackluster ones found on any ho-hum sentra. You have the right to be pissed.

This is radical exageration of course, but some people feel absolutely cheated, and, logically, they have the right to be pissed.

If you pay money to USE the end product, don't you want it have all the features listed on the window sticker?
That really isnt the best way to sum things up, Tricking a person into buying something would mean that PD would have never mentioned the dropping of the online mode at all. People would have bought it with sole intentions of playing online but would then find out otherwise. They have let people know what wont be in the game, they havent said its "in" there but kept it out.

A better example to this would be something along the lines of,

Say you buy an SE-R but they dont have the color and special interior combo you want, you can get a blue one that doesnt have the special interior combo now or in 6 months they can get you the black one with a special interior combo brought in that you want.

Basically the same car but a different color with a special option that really isnt nessicary for it to still be considered a SE-R. "and yes I made up the special interior combo" Your getting a SE-R but its not exactly what you wanted option wise. Just like were getting GT4 but with no optional online mode

This is exactly what we have with no online in GT4 until 2005.

You can get GT4 with no online in December 2004, since this is what many have been wanting and it doesnt have the optional online mode that you may or may not have been able to use anyways.
Or you can get GT4 with online sometime in 2005, since you wanted GT4 and the optional online feature then you just have to wait for it to come out.

GT4 online doesn't make the GT experiance, it only add's to the GT experiance for those who can use it.


The reason why I say its an "optional" feature is because that is exactly what it is, online mode is just an option. Unless PD would make GT an online only game then its just an option. Some can make use of it and have the option to do so. But other's dont have an option to use it since they lack the proper hardware to make proper use of it.
 
GlennspeedF1
Don't you "recall" the petition that ousted the Gov of California. That all started with an online petition and now Arnie is in office. I passed poly-sci.
You forgot one thing. The videogame industry isn't a democracy.

I bet you won't bother to vote in Nov. either. What a shame. :indiff:
I am going to vote (notice avatar).
 
Back