Sign the GT4 online petition!

  • Thread starter Thread starter wasib
  • 120 comments
  • 4,104 views
Plus, to add to my last comment, no one is looking at the big picture. I'm not sayin' it'll happen but now that GT Online is a seperate project, they might put some more features in it. A more focused GT Online as apposed to a "rushed" add-on to GT4 sounds pretty sweet to me.
 
Oh yes, paying 30 quid for a feature you get free in most games, SWEET!

God I love PD! They REEEAAAALLLLYYY love us.
 
code_kev
Oh yes, paying 30 quid for a feature you get free in most games, SWEET!
You mean, games like Need for Speed Underground and Auto Modellista? Yeah, those games had faaabulous online modes, and I'm sure GT4's won't be worth anything extra compared to them.

[/sarcasm]
 
Do people honestly think that a petition is going to make a difference? That it will do anything other than make the people who sign it look like fools?
 
code_kev
Oh yes, paying 30 quid for a feature you get free in most games, SWEET!

God I love PD! They REEEAAAALLLLYYY love us.


Like I said, If your gonna cry about it and be cheap, don't f^cking buy it, simple as that.
 
neon_duke
Do people honestly think that a petition is going to make a difference? That it will do anything other than make the people who sign it look like fools?

:lol:
 
I'll buy it, but it's like valve commenting and hyping half lifes 2 online capabilites, then taking them all out, expecting no one to care.
 
code_kev
I'll buy it, but it's like valve commenting and hyping half lifes 2 online capabilites, then taking them all out, expecting no one to care.

Read what "tha_con" said a few posts up

plus it's different when a game is expected to be built around online, Half Life 2, and a game that was said to maybe have online, GT4.

Sure it's a kick in the teeth when they announce "hey look! it's GT4's now online! Oh wait, we're taking it out now" but if there's not enough time/resources for a good product, then I say chuck it.
 
If PD say on December the 3rd :
"We are glad to anounce that we have decided to re-include online mode dew to a large out cry from a petition, but the game will be delayed for a further 2 mounths"
Then people will be after you with pitch forks :p (Yea I know it aint gonna happen)
 
i aint signing that ****, i want it to come out, screw the online option, there are too many bugs with online play and it wouldnt be fun. period.
 
Actually, i kinda like the Idea. It makes perfect sense for PD to do something like this... and after all guys, sales WILL go up, meaning PD makes more money. and if PD makes more money that means they can hire more programers.... you all following this.

I'd bet that with the online play they will intoduce a new track or cars... something to drive up sales. Anyways, you all need some more pratice before online comes out... cuz right now i'd kill you all... lol
 
i would have liked for GT4 to have online mode, but since i have a 56k modem, it's not that big of a deal to me. and ill be pissed if they drop features like photo mode and delay the release to have online play. wait for the next one.
 
This is stupid.

Why are you guys being *****es and whining, who gives a crap if one mode isn't in there? Look at what the other million things Polypony Digital is doing for us, and yet you still think such stupid ****. You guys take everything for granted atleast the 115 people who idiotically signed the petition. I'm ashamed. 👎

Edit: Sorry for my swearing in advance. ;)
 
I've been waiting for GT4 since it was supposed to come out last winter. I'd gladly pay extra money for an online version later than wait even 1 month extra for GT4 to come out.
 
I saw on a gaming show just yesterday that europe was switching to independant servers for online gaming or something or other....... it could be that thats the reason polyphony decided to cut oput online mode........so the euros could dont feel left out. i guess when they sort the server thingy out theyll release gt4 online.

just my 2 cents.......

I'm mostly likely wrong about this so go ahead and tell me why.
 
Hey sUn, I'm NOT whining here.
 
I'm not pointing fingers, it was kindof a post toward the crowd that is.
 
PhatFat
I've been waiting for GT4 since it was supposed to come out last winter. I'd gladly pay extra money for an online version later than wait even 1 month extra for GT4 to come out.
why do you care so much that you'd pay extra for online?
 
sUn
This is stupid.

Why are you guys being *****es and whining, who gives a crap if one mode isn't in there? Look at what the other million things Polypony Digital is doing for us, and yet you still think such stupid ****. You guys take everything for granted atleast the 115 people who idiotically signed the petition. I'm ashamed. 👎

Edit: Sorry for my swearing in advance. ;)


I think sun is in a bad mood, thats quite a outburst of anger my friend.
 
I don't really understand why so many people are defending PD and Sony. Here is a company that has been promising and promising for over 3 years now and we have absolutely crap to show for it. Deadlines missed, options dropped, I think it is quite reasonable that the consumers (ie, you and me) are upset and that somebody should be held accountable. If they could not implement a proper online mode, they should not have made such a big deal of including one in the first place. And this business of "limitations of the internet" is rubbish! There are TONS of online games that make it work quite well. And what of all the poor saps out there that have already preordered this ridiculously delayed game (some who have been waiting well over a year). These people paid for the game with the understanding that certain features would be available, yet now Sony decides to up and drop a huge part of the game! I think that Sony and PD have a responsibilty to its customers and I for one am sick of getting walked all over by this obviously mismanaged and ultimately incompetent company! Gran Turismo 4? No thanks. I'll be spending my time and money on a game produced by a company that can somehow always EXCEED expectations rather than fall short of them. Rockstar and GTA: San Andreas, here I come!
 
Plz, Jesus Christ, GET OVER IT!
You don't think PD is just forgetting about it?
Why the h*ll do you think PD is making a new game that will be online.
ITs to make up for it. They took out the online mode, and decided to make a new game otu of it.

God, you people are going to get a new one that is supossed to be JUST Online.
Be happy about that.
 
Cagedheat
I think sun is in a bad mood, thats quite a outburst of anger my friend.

In a way I am, and I'm also not. You have to think about it, we know Polypony Digital is working there arse off to make the deadlines they make. Be thankful for what you get, not what you won't get.

:dopey:
 
Hey, don't yell at me buddy. Since when did companys that produce a product (such as video games) become exempt from scrutiny. Just because you like the GT series doesn't mean you have to worship the company that made it and make excuses for obvious mistakes and problems. PD and Sony are a company like anything else and should be held accountable just as any other company is. What if you bought a cheeseburger from McDonalds and they said, "well, we will make your burger and give it to you when we damn well feel like it. And we won't be putting cheese on it either!" This is no different. The only reason PD treats us this way is because of fanboy idiots who will buy a game no matter how much they screw you over. Well not me. They can keep their games from now on.

GT4 - The Ultimate Disappointment Simulator
 
sUn
In a way I am, and I'm also not. You have to think about it, we know Polypony Digital is working there arse off to make the deadlines they make. Be thankful for what you get, not what you won't get.

:dopey:

My God! Be THANKFUL?!?! They should be thanking us for buying their product! Don't any of you understand how business works? WE are the customers here. They are trying to make money off of us! It is THEM who should be thankful to us for making their game profitable! Jeez....
 
Thats why, "Don't expect things too much."
 
Majin SSJ Eric
What if you bought a cheeseburger from McDonalds and they said, "well, we will make your burger and give it to you when we damn well feel like it. And we won't be putting cheese on it either!" This is no different.


HAHAHA :dopey: that was funny!

i say "Point Eric"
 
Majin SSJ Eric
My God! Be THANKFUL?!?! They should be thanking us for buying their product! Don't any of you understand how business works? WE are the customers here. They are trying to make money off of us! It is THEM who should be thankful to us for making their game profitable! Jeez....
Actually, we should be thankful. We should be thanking our asses off that PD actually decided to make a GTOnline game. PD didn't have to make a new game. They're already going to make a crap load of cash off GT4. SO it us who should be kissing their asses thanking for making another new game for us in less than 2 years. I know I am. 👍
 
McLaren F1GTR
Actually, we should be thankful. We should be thanking our asses off that PD actually decided to make a GTOnline game. PD didn't have to make a new game. They're already going to make a crap load of cash off GT4. SO it us who should be kissing their asses thanking for making another new game for us in less than 2 years. I know I am. 👍

Congratulations! That is officially the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The next time I go to a grocery store I'll be sure to thank Campbells for making tomato soup. You know they don't have to make it. And I'll thank the Jiffy Lube guy for being gracious enough to take my money and change my oil. What a great guy! And of course I'll thank Samsung for making my phone, and Sony for making my TV, and Applebees for making me such a great steak! All of these great companies making the stuff I want and only charging me an arm and a leg to do it! They are a bunch of sweethearts in my book!

Jeez, I'd hate to see you negotiate the price of a car! You'd probably thank the salesman for ripping you off!
 
You know what? I'm saying PD doesn't have to make a GTOnline, not GT4.
I can understand that they want to make GT4, but they could skip GTOnline, and then start on GT5. They can do any **** they want, like Jiffy Lube, and Cambells.
Tell me...what would the h*ll would you do if the major companies decided to just retire, and then you would have nothing to eat or drink or that b/c they decided to quit and live on their money. We all know they could with the way they're making it. SO tell me...and us...what the h*ll you would do if you couldn't buy anything you wanted b/c the companies retired on their cash.

Nothing except probably beg and send letters to try to get them to start. We all know Wal-Mart could shut itselves down and just live on its money. And BTW, if you think I would be thanking one for rippinf me off, it would be the other way around. He probably should have been thanking himselve. I got my car for $1,700 when the one I bought was being sold around $3,000 to still $6,000 in my area.
 
What difference does it make? What purpose does it serve to whine and moan about this topic? All the crying in the world isn't going to change the fact that GT4 is NOT going to have online capabilities, and there is NOTHING that you, me, or anyone can do about it.

The petition on it's own is pointless, the whining is even more so.
 
Back