Sign the GT4 online petition!

  • Thread starter Thread starter wasib
  • 120 comments
  • 4,104 views
Jedi2016
What difference does it make? What purpose does it serve to whine and moan about this topic? All the crying in the world isn't going to change the fact that GT4 is NOT going to have online capabilities, and there is NOTHING that you, me, or anyone can do about it.

The petition on it's own is pointless, the whining is even more so.

And I agree.

They should be happy a GTOnline is coming instead of GT5.
I'm sure GT5 is coming, but after this one.
 
McLaren F1GTR
You know what? I'm saying PD doesn't have to make a GTOnline, not GT4.
I can understand that they want to make GT4, but they could skip GTOnline, and then start on GT5. They can do any **** they want, like Jiffy Lube, and Cambells.
Tell me...what would the h*ll would you do if the major companies decided to just retire, and then you would have nothing to eat or drink or that b/c they decided to quit and live on their money. We all know they could with the way they're making it. SO tell me...and us...what the h*ll you would do if you couldn't buy anything you wanted b/c the companies retired on their cash.

Nothing except probably beg and send letters to try to get them to start. We all know Wal-Mart could shut itselves down and just live on its money. And BTW, if you think I would be thanking one for rippinf me off, it would be the other way around. He probably should have been thanking himselve. I got my car for $1,700 when the one I bought was being sold around $3,000 to still $6,000 in my area.

You know what? I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you had this little understanding about how economics and business actually function. To suggest that multi-billion dollar corporations, that employ hundreds of thousands and who are run by multi-millionaires would decide, "Well, I guess we've made enough money. We'll just shut down now," is absolutely astonishing and barely merits a response. The FACT is that Sony would manufacture a video game about belly button lint if they thought it would turn a decent profit. They are not interested in the least about you, me, or anyone else, aside from how much money they can make off of us. Has it ever occured to you, genius, that this is all simply a ploy for them to make twice the profit off of essentially the same game???? Don't be so flipping naive!

Oh, and I am not "whining" about anything. I am simply stating that Sony and PD have gone too far and I won't be purchasing any more of their products (and I suggest others do the same). I don't care that the GT series is, in fact, my favorite video game series. I am making a stand against the tyranny of a self important corporation who has forgotten that they can still be held accountable by the wallet!
 
Majin SSJ Eric
I don't really understand why so many people are defending PD and Sony. Here is a company that has been promising and promising for over 3 years now and we have absolutely crap to show for it. Deadlines missed, options dropped, I think it is quite reasonable that the consumers (ie, you and me) are upset and that somebody should be held accountable. If they could not implement a proper online mode, they should not have made such a big deal of including one in the first place. And this business of "limitations of the internet" is rubbish! There are TONS of online games that make it work quite well. And what of all the poor saps out there that have already preordered this ridiculously delayed game (some who have been waiting well over a year). These people paid for the game with the understanding that certain features would be available, yet now Sony decides to up and drop a huge part of the game! I think that Sony and PD have a responsibilty to its customers and I for one am sick of getting walked all over by this obviously mismanaged and ultimately incompetent company! Gran Turismo 4? No thanks. I'll be spending my time and money on a game produced by a company that can somehow always EXCEED expectations rather than fall short of them. Rockstar and GTA: San Andreas, here I come!
I admit i was dissapointed in GT4 not being online (was looking forward to destroying my bro in university around the ring) but hounestly i just want the game to come out......:indiff:

But anyways to address your post

A - I dont think there were any deadlines to be missed.;)

B -What Sony and Polyphony are doing can be compared to what car manufactures do. During press releases, autoshows, etc etc. they promise that there upcoming model "x" will have so and so bhp, this gizmo, this styling. But by the time it all reaches the production model it loses alot of its original features, styling etc.:indiff:

C - most of these "options" were probably here say, rumours, and bad translations.:crazy:

D - to the people who preordered GT4.......................................BUYER BEWARE!:dunce:

hmm those words seem to sum this up quite nicely.........
BUYER BEWARE!;)
 
oh and i guess you can say that the online option was "delayed'' a couple of months.
even if it is on a separate dvd.
 
Majin shoots and scores.

People seem to think that they OWE PD virgin sacrifices on top of the money they spend on their games.

KY just bought himself a Ford GT. That's one pricy car. Especially if you have a stable of other exotics. So I don't think he needs GT fans to wipe his ass for him and do the same for the GT series when it makes a doodoo. He's a big boy, I'm sure he can handle critisism.

It will be a let-down (to say the least) to see the GT series stagnate. What I mean is keep abreast of the competition.

There are no more excuses. Other game producers are doing new things, or at least trying.

Here, I'll name off some developers off the top of my head that are doing things that PD says the PS2 isn't ready for, or that they just don't feel like putting in (damage, weather, A.I. opponents that actually warrant the I., more cars on track at once, cosmetic modification, good online play, interior cameras, racecars that sound like race cars, etc.):

Codemasters with their TOCA games and CMR, Warthog with RBR, Simbin with GTR, Bizarre creations with their PGR series, DICE with Rallisport 2, MGS with Forza, Genki with Kaido Battle and TXR series, LFS with Live for speed S1 and S2, Papyrus with ALL OF ITS GAMES, Climax with it's MotoGP series, Techland with Xpand rally, ISI with rFactor racing, Bugbear's Flatout, Criterion's Burnout series, SCE with WRC (which I desperately want to try but can't :grumpy: ).

I'm gonna get it now.
 
Homer_SS
I admit i was dissapointed in GT4 not being online (was looking forward to destroying my bro in university around the ring) but hounestly i just want the game to come out......:indiff:

But anyways to address your post

A - I dont think there were any deadlines to be missed.;)

B -What Sony and Polyphony are doing can be compared to what car manufactures do. During press releases, autoshows, etc etc. they promise that there upcoming model "x" will have so and so bhp, this gizmo, this styling. But by the time it all reaches the production model it loses alot of its original features, styling etc.:indiff:

C - most of these "options" were probably here say, rumours, and bad translations.:crazy:

D - to the people who preordered GT4.......................................BUYER BEWARE!:dunce:

hmm those words seem to sum this up quite nicely.........
BUYER BEWARE!;)


A - While it is true that there were no official "dates" for release, there were promises of a release as early as christmas of last year. That is why Prologue was released. I'm sure Logitech also believed that Sony would get the game out as they had released a product (the GT4 wheel) that was exclusive to GT4. Also, the "official date" of release has now slipped from November 15 to December.

B - Bad analogy. It's more like if a car manufacturer showed a new car to the public but then offered it for sale with no wheels! Would you buy that car? This is no different. Online mode was not a "gizmo", it was labeled a major part of the game and was advertised at numerous press conferences.

C - It is possible that they were rumors, but online mode was no rumor. Who is to say that now, after they slashed online, that photo mode might not be next? Or drag racing (another PD lie in GT2 if you will recall).

D - Sure, buyer beware. But I'll say that if I was one of those who had preordered I would say that that was the last time I would have to beware of Sony because I wouldn't be suckered into EVER preordering a product from them again. That is surely not what they want as their reputation.

All I am saying is that it is ok to be pissed at them for misleading us for over a year. Just because you like the game doesn't mean that you have to give PD a pass for constantly delaying the game and removing a huge chunk of it at the end!
 
homer110123d
why do you care so much that you'd pay extra for online?


Well if I did pay for an online version I would expect it to have extra features besides just racinging other people online. ie downloadable cars etc... I was just letting out some bottleted up anger over the amount of delays. But I just tell myself that delays can be good cause they mean more cars. Basicly I was saying dont delay it any longer for an online mode.
 
Majin SSJ Eric
A - While it is true that there were no official "dates" for release, there were promises of a release as early as christmas of last year. That is why Prologue was released. I'm sure Logitech also believed that Sony would get the game out as they had released a product (the GT4 wheel) that was exclusive to GT4. Also, the "official date" of release has now slipped from November 15 to December.

B - Bad analogy. It's more like if a car manufacturer showed a new car to the public but then offered it for sale with no wheels! Would you buy that car? This is no different. Online mode was not a "gizmo", it was labeled a major part of the game and was advertised at numerous press conferences.

C - It is possible that they were rumors, but online mode was no rumor. Who is to say that now, after they slashed online, that photo mode might not be next? Or drag racing (another PD lie in GT2 if you will recall).

D - Sure, buyer beware. But I'll say that if I was one of those who had preordered I would say that that was the last time I would have to beware of Sony because I wouldn't be suckered into EVER preordering a product from them again. That is surely not what they want as their reputation.

All I am saying is that it is ok to be pissed at them for misleading us for over a year. Just because you like the game doesn't mean that you have to give PD a pass for constantly delaying the game and removing a huge chunk of it at the end!
A - Im pretty sure logitech would be in on all of this. It would be like a get rich quick scheme.... they pretty much scammed all of in to buying DFP's so we can all be "prepared" for GT4 (which never came). Think of the money they made off of all the Fanatics rushing to get a wheel.

B - LMAO..... thats pushing it dont you think? its more like saying the new 200x Escalade V-Series is gonna come with the all new XV12 but it ends up with only a blown ls2.

C - Sure it wasnt a rumour but the fact was that it was only "promised." In the business world people are stupid and break promises, whether its under there control or not.

D - not much i can say about this.

I agree that they shouldnt be allowed a pass. I guess what we all need to understand is that there reason for cutting online was to maximize there profits. They MADE tons of money off of prologue. Theyll make uber amounts of cash off of gt4 then even more off of the online ver.

I guess were all suckers.:indiff:
 
They made a lot of fans happy with Prologue though. That does count for something. They will most likely do the same with GT4.

Happy or mildly entertained depending on who you ask.
 
Well, I for one am going to enjoy the hell out of it, plain and simple.
 
In honor of this thread, I just signed a petition to have Pilsbury bring back Space Food Sticks. I hope they make it in moca fudge, because that was the best flavor.

No, I didn't sign this petition, because I don't care about online play. True, I don't really care if Pilsbury brings back Space Food Sticks. I just wanted to make a complete idiot of myself.
 
Solid Lifters
In honor of this thread, I just signed a petition to have Pilsbury bring back Space Food Sticks. I hope they make it in moca fudge, because that was the best flavor.

No, I didn't sign this petition, because I don't care about online play. True, I don't really care if Pilsbury brings back Space Food Sticks. I just wanted to make a complete idiot of myself.

you're only half way there.

Quick say something about which console is better. That'll do the trick!
 
kinigitt
you're only half way there.

Quick say something about which console is better. That'll do the trick!
CBOX RULZZZZZZ!!!! PS2 FAN BOYZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
 
Gosh, some people don't get it. I don't know why I bother at times, but you know how people feel about petitions. The last one I looked at was a petition to end GT4 forum topics until GT4 came out. Most of us all know what that was like after having read that petition.

It's a pointless deal to have to come up with a petition on this. And if you ask me, I pretty much think PD is still trying to work out the bugs. And if Kazunori and his team say that online isn't coming to this build, that's basically going to be that. Kazunori Yamauchi said that himself and PD will continue working on it, so that doesn't mean that Yamauchi is going to totally neglect online play. And if KY did it, guess what? Many fans will turn away from Gran Turismo and find other racing games. As much as I say that I've never lost faith in PD in making GT4 a classic, don't lose faith in PD in one day trying to work out a way to make online play feasible and manageable. GT4 is going to come out this year with or without online play. And it doesn't make a difference in making this game a classic. When I got the original Unreal Tournament from 1998-ish, I didn't play it for online capabilities, but I played it for the fun of kicking other people's asses, and even playing fun games of Capture the Flag... even though "Assault" isn't one of my favorite modes in the game. It's basically pointless to petition something PD is pretty much going to consider and work on. You know, it's like telling a police officer to arrest a man who's causing havoc in the city even though the police already knows about this nutty guy in question. And like throwing a football down a field to be intercepted, this petition is a dumb call.

Or if you want to press the issue, while online play is fun, if you neglect the single player experience or pay no real attention to non-multiplay components, you're going to miss out on what a game really has to offer. Besides... how are you going to make it to 100% completion if all you're going to do is play online? Discussion over. End this petition at once. And to my would-be opposition, go ahead and complain about how much I space I used to type this thing up. Go ahead and miss my main points and tell me how to do make forum replies like I've never done this before. And you know who I'm referring to.
 
Gee guys......we're allready waiting for almost a year. We should sign a petition to bring GT4 out next month......

[thinks this petition is 👎 ]
 
Feddo
Gee guys......we're allready waiting for almost a year. We should sign a petition to bring GT4 out next month......


No how bout a petition for GT4 to come out today with Ferrari Lamborghini and 10,000 cars!!!! Its about time some one told PD what needs to be done!!!
 
JohnBM01
Gosh, some people don't get it. I don't know why I bother at times, but you know how people feel about petitions. The last one I looked at was a petition to end GT4 forum topics until GT4 came out. Most of us all know what that was like after having read that petition.

It's a pointless deal to have to come up with a petition on this. And if you ask me, I pretty much think PD is still trying to work out the bugs. And if Kazunori and his team say that online isn't coming to this build, that's basically going to be that. Kazunori Yamauchi said that himself and PD will continue working on it, so that doesn't mean that Yamauchi is going to totally neglect online play. And if KY did it, guess what? Many fans will turn away from Gran Turismo and find other racing games. As much as I say that I've never lost faith in PD in making GT4 a classic, don't lose faith in PD in one day trying to work out a way to make online play feasible and manageable. GT4 is going to come out this year with or without online play. And it doesn't make a difference in making this game a classic. When I got the original Unreal Tournament from 1998-ish, I didn't play it for online capabilities, but I played it for the fun of kicking other people's asses, and even playing fun games of Capture the Flag... even though "Assault" isn't one of my favorite modes in the game. It's basically pointless to petition something PD is pretty much going to consider and work on. You know, it's like telling a police officer to arrest a man who's causing havoc in the city even though the police already knows about this nutty guy in question. And like throwing a football down a field to be intercepted, this petition is a dumb call.

Or if you want to press the issue, while online play is fun, if you neglect the single player experience or pay no real attention to non-multiplay components, you're going to miss out on what a game really has to offer. Besides... how are you going to make it to 100% completion if all you're going to do is play online? Discussion over. End this petition at once. And to my would-be opposition, go ahead and complain about how much I space I used to type this thing up. Go ahead and miss my main points and tell me how to do make forum replies like I've never done this before. And you know who I'm referring to.

you made some valid points this time. No complaints here. :)
 
No one cares about online petitions. It did Real no good, TechTV no good and it won't do GT4 any good. You people have to let go of the fact online mode won't be included in GT4 and stop moaning incoherently about something that will never happen (and that's putting it nicely). You don't see me complaining I don't have a Ferrari Enzo parked in my garage and five biking babes lying next to me on my king size water bed feeding me grapes, now do you?
 
This is getting ridicilous :rolleyes:
Get over the online play and stfu!
 
Yes, I guess there is not point in whining about no online play...although something that was looked forward to most by alot of people...5 of my buddies & myseld went out and bought the internet adapter for the sole purpose of playing gt4 online against each other.......huge let down
 
Cosmic
This is getting ridicilous :rolleyes:
Get over the online play and stfu!

Wow, that was an articulate and insightful post. I'm glad you are here to let us know when our discussions get "ridicilous" and when we should all shut up. That's very helpful...... :rolleyes:
 
PD and McDonalds seem to have a lot in common.
PD beware.

To Simply repackage the same old thing year in year out, while the competition quietly moves in with new alterantives.
First there is a gradual decline in customers barely noticable (like Majin), but as these lost customers spread the word to your remaining consumers of better, newer alterantives, momentum builds until your left to salvage what you have left.

Although im over the fact that GT4 will no longer feature Online, My passion and desire for anything PD or Granturismo is declining.
GT4 was going to be the essential purchase on release, now im not so sure, done hundreds of single player racers, even Prologue with a DFP, come release day maybe ill just let it pass by, see if others think much improvement in gameplay is made, if not maybe ill wait for The Online Edition, If it ever appears.
If it doesnt and the AI isnt much to challenge I think youll find many others like me (Serious racing fans, who enjoy the racing, not graphics whores), completely missing out the GT4 experience, maybe when it comes on budget!


How Many of you would be as excited by GT5 If GT4 turns out to be a bore fest like Gt3, for single player mode, and has no real challenge to the AI, apart from running underpowered, (Why should we have to do this, surely its up to PD to implement an AI challenge capable of assesing your skill, look up the license medal table would be a good place to start).

Not those of you that just like to look at pretty graphics and cars, but i mean those who actually have some passion for the actual racing!
 
^ its true, I have now played 4 consecutive nights of NHL 2004 instead of once popping in gt2 or 3...weird, and all subconciously (s/p)
 
GTXLR
I was as angry as anyone about the dropping of the Online mode by PD, im a racing fanatic and Gamer, see some of my posts on the subject.

Been playing racing games for about 22 years, been waiting for that day when the best simulator (on console as my current pc sucks), featuring huge amount of cars and tracks, could actually be used to race against other people around the world, of similar passion.
Lots of promise but no delivery!

However a petition to include a segment to GT which is not ready, is wrong.

Better would be a petition to ensure PD continues to work on the Online support and release it when ready would be much better.
Rather than them getting way laid with the upcoming PSP version and inevitable GT5 developement.

a segment of GT that is not ready? then if it's not ready, why the HELL are they releasing it?
 
Oh, get real, would you really want to wait another YEAR while they got the online mode working up to spec? And what about those of us that don't even PLAY online? Why in the hell should we have to wait a whole 'nother year for a feature that we're not even going to use?
 
This petition just reminded me of those funny "MSN WILL SHUT DOWN YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS IF YOU DONT FORWARD THIS!!"

If your one of the many dip****'s that sent that then your also one of the gomers that signed this petition.

Oh and by the way, forward this to all your friends so they sign it... :dunce:
and don't forget to scroll down and make a wish

never send --------------->you will diiiie
send within 10 days---->GT4 will come out tomorrow111!1!!
send within 5 days ----->you get a kick in the nutz
send within 10 minutes->go buy yourself a lolipop cuz you a sucker
 
Back