SNAIL Sep 6, 2015 Labor Day Weekend Endurance Race - Last update Sep 4

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 381 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I figured but always good to ask
So does that mean the room will be set for 465 HP but the higher division will have to de-tune their cars? Also, because the lower divisions have more HP, won't that exacerbate tire wear as we can carry more speed into turns?

So does that mean the room will be set for 465 HP but the higher division will have to de-tune their cars? Also, because the lower divisions have more HP, won't that exacerbate tire wear as we can carry more speed into turns?

Yes, higher divisions will dial the HP down.

Higher horsepower means higher fuel consumption, but higher straight line speed

Tire wear in corners depends on your driving style. Lower divisions typically lose their time in the corners. With the higher horsepower they can make some of the lost time back in the straight.

Try to go slower into the corners and faster out. You will pass the higher div guy on the straight (or pull away from him so he can't catch you in the straight). If you have a good line in the corner, he can't pass you unless he goes off the line and use more tires.....

The smoother the drive the better the tire wear and fuel consumption.

In the endurance race it is very important to run smooth and consistent lines and have a good pit strategy. Spending too much time on the harder tire will cost you. Test where the "drop-off point" for the softer tire is and keep that in mind to optimize the stint with the harder tire.

This is more info than what you probably asked for, but I just can't help myself - endurance racing is fun

Yes, higher divisions will dial the HP down.

Higher horsepower means higher fuel consumption, but higher straight line speed

Tire wear in corners depends on your driving style. Lower divisions typically lose their time in the corners. With the higher horsepower they can make some of the lost time back in the straight.

Try to go slower into the corners and faster out. You will pass the higher div guy on the straight (or pull away from him so he can't catch you in the straight). If you have a good line in the corner, he can't pass you unless he goes off the line and use more tires.....

The smoother the drive the better the tire wear and fuel consumption.

In the endurance race it is very important to run smooth and consistent lines and have a good pit strategy. Spending too much time on the harder tire will cost you. Test where the "drop-off point" for the softer tire is and keep that in mind to optimize the stint with the harder tire.

This is more info than what you probably asked for, but I just can't help myself - endurance racing is fun
No such thing as too much information when you don't know. I thank you and will try and get some practice in this weekend. I'll keep an eye open for a endurance room.

No such thing as too much information when you don't know. I thank you and will try and get some practice in this weekend. I'll keep an eye open for a endurance room.
indeed @SlvrOnyx , love your new avatar 👍, being a child I did not miss one of those cartoons, especially when the dog wants his medal, and the rough laughter, ahhh, marvelous (Diabolo) lol, thx, cheers I

indeed @SlvrOnyx , love your new avatar 👍, being a child I did not miss one of those cartoons, especially when the dog wants his medal, and the rough laughter, ahhh, marvelous (Diabolo) lol, thx, cheers I
I too remember getting up on Saturday mornings watching the Wacky Racers. Dick Dastardly and Muttley were the best.... Watching replays brought back memories hence the new avatar. Next might be: The Slag Brothers in the Boulder Mobile

@MajorBlixem sign me up.....as first reserve....what about three rooms. No SNAIL Division...most likely D99.

How about we put you smack down the middle in D4 category? So far you make it out right, not necessary to put you on the reserve list

If we hit 33 drivers we will think about 3 rooms with 11 each

The rooms are shaping up nicely. This is only preliminary assignments. Things will change as new drivers sign up or ones on this list have to bail out for unforeseen reasons.

View attachment 430116

Regulations (Standard SNAIL Settings, except for the following):
View attachment 426380
Oh man... I wish I was racing Room 2. So many more drivers that I know there. I Wouldn't have to learn as many driving styles on the fly.

Well it would be easy to just switch me with one person but whatevs. I'll race anywhere :gtplanet:

Edit: Also, I already worked for the day so I'm done adulting.

Well it would be easy to just switch me with one person but whatevs. I'll race anywhere :gtplanet:

Edit: Also, I already worked for the day so I'm done adulting.
I'm willing to switch if its allowed, not sure if the rooms are setup so the dividions are devided eq.
Any how I'm for a it - anything to make a Snail happy!

The only "manipulating" we did was to put the hosts, back-up hosts and communications coordinators in their respective rooms. The rest is basically randomized assignments. It turns out both the rooms have a balanced mix of divisions and talent. We would like to keep it that way, but always keep an eye on the drivers' list. Some people may have to pull out for unforeseen reasons, so we will keep balancing the numbers. Heck, we may even get a burst of sign-ups just before the Labor Day weekend and ending up with three rooms - who knows.

It's a very low traffic room, I doubt we're gonna get an influx of people all asking to switch around. I'm also just doing it for a safety/fun factor concern. If I know the drivers in the room, I know how they will drive and can have a better time.

It shouldn't turn into a game of "he has gum? we should all get gum!" heh

It's a very low traffic room, I doubt we're gonna get an influx of people all asking to switch around. I'm also just doing it for a safety/fun factor concern. If I know the drivers in the room, I know how they will drive and can have a better time.

It shouldn't turn into a game of "he has gum? we should all get gum!" heh
Lets do this?!

The Banner/Video on Pg1 says that the Suzuka track is "3.387 miles".
In the track list the longest is shown as being 3.61 miles.
Which track are we using?

The Banner/Video on Pg1 says that the Suzuka track is "3.387 miles".
In the track list the longest is shown as being 3.61 miles.
Which track are we using?

I picked up the stats from the F-1 site where I got the track map from. I didn't back check with GT6 to see if they use the same. We use Suzuka 2014

If you haven't done the Coffee Break Challenge (Eco Challenge stage 1) in a long time... it could be a good idea prior to race day.

You need to be careful with fuel consumption (1 Liter of fuel) while maintaining a VERY HIGH momentum(You only have 2minutes).I did it yesterday and I smashed my previous distance record.

Fun challenge!

Edit: If you want something to shoot for.... Distance was 4997.5 meters/3.1053 miles

Last edited:
Here is a summary of the sign-ups so far. I expect a bit of shake-up in the divisions after the Aug-2015 season that ends today. (Remember Aug 30 is the first League Night of Sep-2015 Season).... and the weekend after that.....

Sing-ups as of Aug 23 at noon MDT.png

Alright guys, I know most of the die-hard Sunday warriors may not have put in too much time yet, but I'd like to start up some conversation regarding times/tire wear etc. just to give some others an idea of their competitiveness.

I'm reporting as D3 (slow D3) so I'm at 445hp. I'm in the mid 2:02's on new tires regardless of compound.

Slow D2 : 425 HP
Racing Hard: Mid 2:02's
Racing Medium: Around 2:00.8xx to 2:01.2xx

I have fuel consumption and tire wear numbers too, but those are dependent on HP and driving style. Also, it is not the fast lap that counts, because you can't run a "perfect lap" every time. It is your consistency and smoothness that is important over a long race.

What I can say is that it looks like the tires wear out (or fall off too much) before the fuel is done at 425HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back