SNAIL Sep 6, 2015 Labor Day Weekend Endurance Race - Last update Sep 4

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 381 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Adramike volunteered to host the third room if neccesary. Please PM me your e-mail address so I can add you to the sign-in sheet on Google Docs.

We also need a communications coordinator for the third room. You need to have access to your computer while on the PS3. Roles and responsibilities will be explained, but the short version is to sign people in on the sheet on Google Docs, check their HP settings in the room and communicate via chat function to the other two rooms. PM me your email address so I can add you to the Sheet

We have a meeting tonight (Club Lobby) at 10:00 PM Eastern Time to go through all the arrangements and see if the sheet works as intended - so we need the volunteer pretty quick.

Oh goody! This is getting so exciting. No really, it seems to be heating up.

How is the testing going? Rh tires give me 15 good laps. Okey that's it, no more secrets.

You can win or loose a race with your pit strategy....

Anyone that has raced in the Wednesday night race car series is familiar with pit strategy and how it can pay off big time.

I could never get a good handle on the concept though.

Anyone that has raced in the Wednesday night race car series is familiar with pit strategy and how it can pay off big time.

I could never get a good handle on the concept though.
Can any of those guys explain - if possible. Thank you

You have to change tire compound during the 90 min race. When you want to do it is up to you. As long as you use both tire compounds during the race.

The trick is to determine how long you can go before tire performance falls off the grid....there's a science behind it!

You have to change tire compound during the 90 min race. When you want to do it is up to you. As long as you use both tire compounds during the race.

The trick is to determine how long you can go before tire performance falls off the grid....there's a science behind it!
OK Got it...this can only be determined with practice.
You won't know exactly how certain tires will last,
because of driving style and how busy the track can be.

Am I right?

OK Got it...this can only be determined with practice.
You won't know exactly how certain tires will last,
because of driving style and how busy the track can be.

Am I right?

Correct. Your driving style has a lot to do with it. If you light those tires up around the corners you can expect them to fall off sooner. Remember tire wear is set to "Fast" for the race.

I'm going to open a test room in a few seconds. 15 minutes after I will run a 45 minute test practice race

Edit: room closed

Last edited:
Rh tires give me 15 good laps.

That's a good 30 minutes or so of driving. RM Tires will probably be around 8-10 laps, or roughly 16-20 minutes. The race is going to be at least three stops no matter what you do. You can use your RH tires first and try to overtake anyone using RM tires during pitting and then stay on RM the rest of the race but you will spend more time in the pits overall.

Start with RM and you'll find yourself near the front but then pit strategy with the other RM drivers will be a challenge. If you find yourself in clean air it may be to your advantage to stay out as long as you can and make those RM tires last awhile, even if you're not in the Top 5. Other drivers might be racing against each other and use their RM tires faster.

You might want to start on RH tires and go the distance. Ignore everyone else and just race the track as long as you can. Let others pit before you. Then use RM tires to be gain back some positions after being out so long on RH tires.

After the first two pit stops you can do whatever you want so that will be where the racing gets really interesting. At the start you get an idea who is on what tires because the RM drivers will naturally find their way to the front of the pack. After the second pit stop you won't be able to tell who is on what or what kind of fuel they have which yes, can actually make a noticeable difference in time and corner speed. This is gonna be some interesting stuff. Can't wait!

Hope some of this is helpful to anyone trying to make a strategy.

Great practice run last night. It was a good taste of what is to come.

Let's bring our best SNAIL game on Sunday.

High division guys... you have lower division guys on track that are slower than you. It is not acceptable to just push them out of the way on your way to the front. It is not acceptable bumping into them at the breaking points for the corners. Their breaking points are different than yours, show off your skills by executing no touch passes.

Correct. Your driving style has a lot to do with it. If you light those tires up around the corners you can expect them to fall off sooner. Remember tire wear is set to "Fast" for the race.
Exactly! I did 2 stint on RM tires... I ran flatout on the first stint (like a Sunday night race) I ran only 25 min and the front tires were at 0-0. On the second stint I managed to lap a 2:03 after the 32min mark (16 laps) with the front tires still at 5-5.You can do a 2 stop race, but I personally don't think it's a good idea.

Here is a Microsoft Excell file you can play with. I don't take any responsibility for errors...... I included some sample data.

Carefully read the instructions AND the texts on the the left side of the sheet.

It is only as accurate as the data that you put in. (minus the errors...LOL)

Attachments

• Pitstop 101.xlsx
    18.6 KB · Views: 12
Use this thread to sign up.

Host Room 1: @Kgffy, Back-up = @USERID_77a23

Host Room 2: @GTP_Nobby, Back-up = @Die_Birdy_Die

Communications Coordinators: : Room 1: @MajorBlixem , Room 2: @TomMang_68

If third room required:
Host Room 3: @Adramike
Communications coordinator: Vacant
To ensure connectivity, the hosts should PM the back-up hosts when the room is open so they can be the first to enter. That way if the host disconnects the back-up host is automatically made host.

To ensure connectivity, the hosts should PM the back-up hosts when the room is open so they can be the first to enter. That way if the host disconnects the back-up host is automatically made host.
I sincerely hope that you have no sleepless nights regarding the event lol

Keep-calm-and-sleep-again.jpg

:rolleyes::cheers:

Steamer, are you going to nap, have a bucket of coffee and a banana tonight? LOL
I'll like to practice tonight - lol let me know if are opening a room please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back