United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT Super Lap: Daytona Road Course

SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT Super Lap @ Daytona Road Course.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT] SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT Super Lap @ Daytona Road Course.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice car, handles well though will take some getting used to those powerful brakes. Bronze and got the car.

Did a bronze lap to get the car and couldn't wait to leave. Never to be driven again in case I hit the dog flatulence sounding limiter again.
I got Gold on the Big Willow event and Bronze on both this Daytona event and the Nordschleife event. Bronze was good enough to win the cars and all 3 have been placed in the Stockyard.

I know there are many, many people who absolutely love these types of cars. I don't. I'll never drive them, but I do the events for the credits.

i got b,b,s on these. also, i have had the prototype wound up to 726 km/h.

super quick, one of the nicer vgt cars

Like ALB123 I just do these events for the credits. Normally I'll try for a few laps to get gold, but with this one stopped at bronze - the car is too fast for me and feels and sounds very artificial. Oh to have some real cars! I think PD missed a trick with their VGT project - they should have had a current and a historic model from each manufacturer to provide context and secure their legacy. Now I just find these cars with their non-existent interiors and artificial sounds very irritating!

So what up with 7th gear on the car for this event? 7th gear just goes to 6,000 rpm and the car doesn't accelerate. That leaves you with only 6 gears.

So what up with 7th gear on the car for this event? 7th gear just goes to 6,000 rpm and the car doesn't accelerate. That leaves you with only 6 gears.
Its the same when you get the car. It does keep accelerating, albeit slowly, and you have to use the DRS.

Not as easy as I was expecting it to be (because you know, race car) but its really just a matter of not getting ahead of yourself in the corners (Basically, like the Red Bull X cars).

I noticed this as well. I was flying and shift up and the car basically stalls

1:11.472 for 201st place. Could have went faster, as I slightly messed up one or two corners, but Im happy with it, lol. If my place gets pushed back too far, I may try more.

EDIT: Wait. Theres a low drag mode? Well, Im trying more now, lol

Last edited:
You got this time WITHOUT Low drag mode??!! :eek:

Yeah, lol. Just tried again with it, and first lap had minor improvement of 1:10.635 for 115th place... I keep ising it and forgetting, continuously fishtailing into walls, lol

EDIT: just tried again and got low 1:10. 66th for now. Keep losing speed/time on second corner and chicane. I sont know how Ive gotten this low on the leaderboards... Usually im only like 600th

EDIT 2: Had dinner and came back, managed to squeeze out 1:09.096 for 38th place. I downloaded the leaders ghost replay, and he accelerates out of corners way faster than me

Last edited:
Interesting thing I've noticed is that a second lap will have you starting the lap much quicker (around 270mph) going in to the first turn. Where you start doesn't give you enough ground to really reach top speed. That being said, it's not as big of an advantage as I hoped, and I still can't get silver. I REALLY loose it in the infield. Have much work to do, but I believe I will eventually achieve it!

Interesting thing I've noticed is that a second lap will have you starting the lap much quicker (around 270mph) going in to the first turn. Where you start doesn't give you enough ground to really reach top speed. That being said, it's not as big of an advantage as I hoped, and I still can't get silver. I REALLY loose it in the infield. Have much work to do, but I believe I will eventually achieve it!
On the back straight headed to the SF line hold your nitro button. It lessens aero and you can get up to about 290 MPH at the SF line, shift to 7th gear at about 270 MPH. Good use of that button can take quite a bit of time off of your lap. Just don't use it going into a turn, but any long straight is a good place for it.

On the back straight headed to the SF line hold your nitro button. It lessens aero and you can get up to about 290 MPH at the SF line, shift to 7th gear at about 270 MPH. Good use of that button can take quite a bit of time off of your lap. Just don't use it going into a turn, but any long straight is a good place for it.

None of us lesser mortals :dunce: would ever have guessed THAT! :D

For me, by far the most enjoyable from all 3 SRT events...
Had a go yesterday morning with a 1:09,7xx, but a few hours later i realized that i completely forgot that damn DRS button... :D So i came back, and ended up with a 1:06,842 having lots of fun... 👍

Managed to get silver but I don't think i'll try to improve. This car is crazy going 450km on the back straight, hit the breaks before the chicane, keep full breaking power while turning and this car is like cruising.

This car is AMAZING!! Once you get it tuned, that is. I tuned mine according to ExeterGT, Shaunm80, and it all clicks together. This has to be the ultimate cheater car in the game. I detuned mine to enter the "24 mins of SPA" and turned it loose, except for the corners. Oh, it corners like it is on rails, but you need to take your thumb off the "Go FAST" button to allow all the leading and trailing edge devices do their thing while stopping and turning. At Spa, the car was down to 724 HP to gain entry along with a 100 KG weight penalty. However, I found myself turning 1:48 laps in the dark and the rain, running Race Soft tires only. I was passing on the inside, the outside, the grass, in the corners, on the straights, while slowing for corners, you name it. Once you invoke the Great God of Aerodynamics, this thing is a missile on rails. I ended up lapping all of the AI cars by THREE laps and some of them for FOUR laps by the finish!! Gotta love it.
Cheers, Pete

Last edited:
I noticed this as well. I was flying and shift up and the car basically stalls

This happens to me just about every time I hit the chicane. It doesn't always happen which is odd. I shift down to second, and as I shift up when I get to 4th gear it just stays at about 184. Now I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but as I said this does not always happen. I got Silver so far... any insights??

This happens to me just about every time I hit the chicane. It doesn't always happen which is odd. I shift down to second, and as I shift up when I get to 4th gear it just stays at about 184. Now I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but as I said this does not always happen. I got Silver so far... any insights??
I figured out why it does this. When you hold the nos button the aero parts go down and the top speed goes way up. The gearing is still spaced wrong, but shifting to 7th with the aero parts down will make you go much faster. I used it on all the straights and managed to get a time better than anyone on my friends list.

Daytona Road Course is one of those tracks where I struggle quite a bit. I have a huge consistency problem with turn one, as I either brake too early or too late and loose a lot of time. Then there's the bus stop, which is either hit or miss and I usually miss. :banghead: I wish I could do better, but this is as good as it's going to get. At least managed to get into the 1:10s.

One question though, how in the hell can you guys go flat out in 6th gear through the bus stop? I tried it and hit the barrier head on. :boggled:

Back