SRT Tomahawk S VGT 1 Lap Time Trial: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 43 comments
Inched a bit closer to you, 56.4 now, started the day at 10 and now at 12. Thinking I have possibly 2 tenths left on a perfect lap.
As I said to beau, in turn 2 try dropping it down into 3rd gear, it pulls it into the apex and gives extra power when you change up into 4th

Also in turn 3(?) - well the S bends anyway after that long turn 2, on he apex exit, open the DRS then power in 2nd. I have no idea why, but it gives me a lot more stability. 👍

It's all cleared up for me now. I'm thinking it was just heavy network volume that caused my problem. The last three days have been without incident.

The Tomahawk VGT cars has incredible acceleration, but the brakes are out of this world. Even the street version stops on a dime, OK maybe two dimes ;). I'm not crazy about the understeer and body roll, but you get used to it. And that boost button is pure sweetness.

As usual I'm looked in battle with @Chris___75, trading fastest laps over and over. :cheers:

Last edited:
Good news and bad news: I made a second attempt today, and dropped a couple seconds for 58:8xx. I left 1/2 second on the track.

Now for the badnews: I just noticed that I forgot to reduce traction control to zero. I left it at the stock 5. I guess I need to do this again with clean settings.

Agree. I think this is the first time this has happened - the other super lap events just let you keep going round and round until you get dizzy. Perhaps PD realised that with the sensory overload these cars produce, that's not long! :crazy:
Except you can keep going forever with the X on the burg, which is even worse in the sensory overload department :P.

I really lose my groove and focus when I have to do non-racing in between laps. I put in three laps for a bronze but couldn't keep going after that.

It took me a 3 tries to get under 1'02.000 seconds. But despite of that, I have managed to do a lap time of 1'01.148, which it was less than a second of a target time.

Back