United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
SRT Tomahawk S VGT 1 Lap Time Trial: Big Willow

SRT Tomahawk S VGT 1 Lap Time Trial @ Big Willow.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT] SRT Tomahawk S VGT 1 Lap Time Trial @ Big Willow.jpg

Last edited:
Nice smooth car, very good handling at high speed but slower speed areas of the track, the back end gets very lively.

I like the car, looks and sounds good, with a god set up this will be an even nicer car to drive. Got bronze but will try for gold tomorrow.

Got the Gold, but after a LOT of spins and off the track DQs. :rolleyes: I'm surprised you find the car "very good handling at high speed". I think the rear is very lively at speed. It's also lively at low speeds, you're right. I'm just not much of a fan of these Vision GT cars. I can appreciate the project and I probably wouldn't have such harsh feelings toward the project if we were also getting real, modern cars added to the game as well.

I tried the crazy fast one at "the Burg" and it was insane. I tried this one and it was tricky, but much easier to control. I placed about 200 right now.

Last edited:
I wish they would have let you string your laps together, it really stops you from getting any decent feel for the car.

Agree. I think this is the first time this has happened - the other super lap events just let you keep going round and round until you get dizzy. Perhaps PD realised that with the sensory overload these cars produce, that's not long! :crazy:

I found the need to start a fresh lap every time made it difficult to find a rhythm. The car is ok, but I don't like cars with no interior and I wish they would give us some real cars - maybe a current model and a historic model from the same manufacturer in order to provide context and secure the legacy for that manufacturer.

The sound design is ok, but lots of room for improvement - rather a strange artificial sound to this car - I think they've added a square wave over the top of the previous sound.

I found the need to start a fresh lap every time made it difficult to find a rhythm.
Yeah, I found the same.

Got a Silver (1.03.9) in the brief time i had this morning. 2550th place has now dropped to 5800th.
I'll make that a gold tomorrow.

Love the design and the way it drives. I shall enjoy driving this alot.

57.014 10th place, but I suck big time last corners

I did cross the line at 57.000 but it did that add time glitch, feel cheated, I want that 57 dead

This is the best of these events with this car for sure, the car is really fantastic, stable, and forgiving...but gold is still quite hard to achieve. Well done PD.

Got gold at lunch time, with DS3 and auto @ 1:01,6**, but the car at low speeds its just weird.
Should give it a try over the weekend but with the wheel, to see if it feels better, the one lap 'stint' also doesn't help.

Edit:
I just read the OP, what's this:

"Also, holding down the R1 button while driving this car will initiate the “low drag mode”, allowing you to raise your speed temporarily"

Is it a big diference?
Got gold without it.

Last edited:
"Also, holding down the R1 button while driving this car will initiate the “low drag mode”, allowing you to raise your speed temporarily"

Is it a big diference?
Got gold without it.
It gives a boost of speed for the car. But be careful, whenever you use that on this car, the handling drops significantly, so it's best to use it on straights and light corners.

Is it a big diference?
Got gold without it.
If i would do that, i would pull the handbrake.
Anyway, it is the Nitro button, you use K.E.R.S. (battery icon in your fuel gage) and you lower the spoilers.
When you drive slow (very slow) you hear a Hisssssss when you push the nitro button.(at least i hear it with the GTS-R and the X)

Just to give use a tip when you use K.E.R.S it's actually removing front down force so don't use it around corners or exiting till your fully out of the corner.

Just to give use a tip when you use K.E.R.S it's actually removing front down force so don't use it around corners or exiting till your fully out of the corner.
Thanks for that, was wondering why the meter never moved as I pushed the button. I quit using it as I was thinking it was not doing much.

I just read the OP, what's this:

Is it a big diference?
Got gold without it.

It gives a boost of speed for the car. But be careful, whenever you use that on this car, the handling drops significantly, so it's best to use it on straights and light corners.

I don't understand this "R1 Button" thing! :confused:
I'm driving a Thrustmaster T300RS wheel, and the "R1 Button" is the paddle for upshifting!:confused:
I'm driving with Automatic anyway, but what if I used manual shifting when the "R1-Button" triggers the boost while I wanted to shift up 1 gear???
Confused....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't understand this "R1 Button" thing! :confused:
I'm driving a Thrustmaster T300RS wheel, and the "R1 Button" is the paddle for upshifting!:confused:
I'm driving with Automatic anyway, but what if I used manual shifting when the "R1-Button" triggers the boost while I wanted to shift up 1 gear???
Confused....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
It's the button you assigned as nitrous. Check your in-game steering wheel settings.

57.2 currently 22 on the board. Once I figured out the best way to use the Nitro button, I knocked some time off. I think I can find another few tenths, if I can string all my best sectors together. I like this track and the car is fun to drive, my favorite of the 3 new seasonals.

If PD ever gives us a TT that's for 650pp street cars I think you'll see this car littering the leaderboard. Getting inside the one in my garage you can see that there's a lot of adjustments that you can make to really fine tune this car. Also you can paint it and paint the wheels as well. You just can't change the wheels.

I took it to "Like the Wind" Route X and won by almost 40 seconds!..:cheers:

Back