The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
PD...

8e3638758bb3189c179f967fdbe8054c.jpg

You done 🤬 it up. :irked::grumpy::banghead:

Amidst all the anger about compatibility (I have a tablet but I still get "not available in your country") I'm actually disappointed about the lack of locations. Photo Travel felt oddly cut short in the same way this does, we don't even get Toscana back? What about all the Ronda hype?

It's quite impossible not to disappoint after 2 years delay but they could have tried at least.

Uh huh. You own a tablet.

Yeah, I'm :censored:ing mad. Because I don't have a tablet I'm a second class citizen. My game isn't as good as Joe GalaxyTab over here, even though I paid the same for it.

🤬 that.

I figure I better vent it here before my rage spews all over the rest of the forums where the elite with tablets are actually trying to enjoy themselves. Good for them, it's nice that somebody gets to play and it looks decent even if not exactly what we've all been waiting for.

But 🤬 this hardware segregation bull:censored:. I didn't buy a PS3 and GT6 so that I could fiddle with a tablet.
Worse still, those who have an Android tablet must wait until prolonged time. IOS people are priority.

Ahh consistencies. As a college student who nowadays, unlike few weeks ago when im empty (thanks PD for complete nothing!) i have a really busy life. Cant participate fully in GT6 until weekend. Right now i di anything like im on OCD.

And you, i know how yo feel. Many of my colleagues only have a rather entry level smartphones, no money for tablet. Sure, probably you can do it with an emulator.... probably. Who knows what will come, see above paragraph.

"Ah, yes. A good day at work, and now that Course Maker is finally out I'll just come back home and get it from the store right away!"

And then you come back home and you're like "wait, what?"

*This app is available exclusively for tablet devices. It does not work on smart phones.

I was actually waiting for CM to come out, only to find out that I won't get to play with it. Thanks a lot, PD, but I sure as hell am not buying more expensive hardware (in this case it's tablets, whose sole point of existence is far beyond my comprehension) to get more out of GT6.

GPS Visualizer:
>Released five months after the game's release
>Requires an actual car and an actual track to use, which makes it useful to just under 1/1000000 players

Course Maker:
>Released two years after the game's release
>Not available for everyone as well because of a stupid tablet restriction

You crossed the line, PD. I only hope you have an actual explanation for this.

Worse still, those who have an Android tablet must wait until prolonged time. IOS people are priority.

Especially ironic since Sony sell >$500 Android tablets themselves. Especially especially ironic because phones are their main market, is this app even compatible with the current Xperia Z range?

Especially ironic since Sony sell >$500 Android tablets themselves. Especially especially ironic because phones are their main market, is this app even compatible with the current Xperia Z range?
The store says it's not compatible with my Z3:rolleyes:

*ahem* I know its a whining thread but lets straighten up a bit.

My complaints isnt really that its tablet only. Its the fact that Android users must wait indefinitely and it released when im very busy in campus. I know how you feel for those who cant afford a tablet. Sure, a cheap Android will covered it.... Oooh wait, must wait.

HOWEVER, you also realize that GT6 has the same rights as entire game here. NFS 2015 flaked for 5 garage limit and always online, Forza 6 got flak for removing many cars and linear career, Project Cars has bugs, etc. BAD GAME DESIGN IS ALWAYS FROWNED UPON.

I expect PD better. But then again making it exclusively to PD is kind of short minded imho.

Smh. Looks like PD might have just killed off the remaining fanbase they had... Can't believe they thought this was a good idea. Now it is in the early release state, but if this is the final product of the CM and android users can't use it, then a big 🤬 YOU goes to PD. 2 years and you still manage to give us half assed stuff. It's gonna take a lot for PD to bounce back from this hole they dug themselves into.

GT Fanbase:

1997, after GT1: Everyone who had a PS1, likes racing games and tried out this new product.

2001, GT3: Nearly every PS2 owner

2005, GT4: Every human, animal, plant that lived on planet earth at that time.

2010, GT5: Still many people, mainly people who like racing and a wide car range to choose from

2013, GT6: Only the real GT fans plus some newcomers

2015, still GT6: Only real GT hardcore fans who own a compatible iPad

20xx, GT7: Only hardcore fans who own a certain Apple product, have a certain size, a certain weight, a certain hair color, etc.

The invisible barriers on Death Valley are right next to where the the tarmac meets the dirt. That's gonna cause major carnage online.

I think for many (myself included), this is going to be the straw that broke the poor camel's back.

I started with the GT series relatively late, but with GT4 I had an absolute blast playing it, goodness knows how many hours I put into that. GT5, while not on a par overall with GT4, has still provided me with some bitter-sweet memories; foremost among them being the Seb Vettel challenge, which took me close to a year until I got gold on all 3 tracks, with an ageing DS3.

With GT6, it's just felt utterly lack-lustre. The constant focus on catch-the-rabbit races got incredibly tiring, the only serious competition from the AI coming from the kart races, and the removal of shuffle racing was quite a bitter pill to swallow. What kept me going up to a point was the on-line time trials, the insanity of some of the VGT's... and the prospect of the ever-delayed course maker.

Now, it's here, out of the blue. I wasn't expecting huge improvements from GT5's edition, but certainly something that could keep me entertained for a few weeks or so. Instead, they've gone and told us, after goodness knows how many months of waiting in forlorn hope, it's not a feature we can use in-game, on the system said game was designed for. What in the flying 🤬 is that all about?!

Sure, I can appreciate the thought of having it out there as an option for more delicate/creative track designing, but to completely exclude it as an in-game option... it beggars belief. And in that regard, I completely agree with Imari, it's a slap in the face to those of us who have waited this long. What an utter shambles. I can see them hastily putting something together from the old GT5 CM as a way of apology...

:banghead:

I'll give it 1 month to see what PD can salvage from this mess, but likely as not I'll end up purging GT6 from my system, put a dust blanket over my PS3, and look for pastures new. Maybe Project Cars/Assetto when they're on discount, the new NFS doesn't look half-bad either...

/rant

I decided to put GT6 in for the first time in months to check out the course maker for myself. It's all right, but it wasn't worth the wait. The course maker is very simplistic like the one in GT5. The only difference is that you can make your track from scratch and you have more precise control over what you want the layout of the track to be. Don't expect to do anything like have your track cross over itself to make a figure eight, make your own elevation changes, etc. This course maker would have been fine 6 months or a year after release, but there's nothing here that justifies waiting two years for this feature to arrive. During that period of time, people have gotten fed up with GT6's problems and moved on to other games, and what we got is simply not good enough to make GT6 worth coming back to. I see myself playing around with it a little bit more, but then it's back to better racing games like Forza for good.

And I'm not going to get into the subject of how dumb it is that a tablet is required to even use this in the first place, as some members like @Imari have already covered that very well, except that I find the excuses that some people use to justify this move ridiculous.

Even though I've done my own thinking over the course of day, I do agree with the sentiments of the users on here. What must be done if you don't have a tablet? At first I did think that the feature will be 90% in game and the remaining 10% be this tablet stuff like GPS etc but I didn't expect things to turn out like this!

At the same time I do see why PD made the design choice of making use of a tablet to make your courses. I've found touch to be easier than using the DS3 though after what some people have said, it's possible that you can have a clean editor with just using the DS3. In fact, most mice of today are USB enabled, so why can't we connect a mouse to our PS3 and be able to use that to edit if the DS3 is a problem? Why doesn't PD just communicate with us? Sure we bite but it's for the better no?

The thing I don't get is that aren't there any plans to make this app come to smart devices and PCs perhaps?

To sum up my feelings, I'm on the fence about the whole Course Maker issue. However I want to see how it pans out over the following weeks. What really irks me is some of the sound changes made in this update.

If you don't have a tablet, try downloading the quoted below apk to your Android phones. Remember to allow the usage of software from unknown sources in your security settings!
Since sharing links to unaltered free software isn't against the AUP, here is the android APK for everyone!

I currently have it working on my Galaxy S4, and the screen size really isn't an issue.
Works like a charm on my Xperia Z3, no problems with importing the tracks to my PS3 either.

Again, thank you so much for this, con360!

------------

Although I can use CM now, I'm still mad at PD that we have to find a workaround for a downright stupid limitation. If it works on my phone without any issues, there is literally no reason to block smartphone users from downloading this.

Also, little to no patch notes as if it was a crime to tell people what exactly got changed đź‘Ť

@Imari You may bit relieved by now. My mate has a Course Maker on his Android One Phone. Really cheap for Smartphone standards.

Still, i want to design it in game. Sometimes i done other things while playing GT6 XD

@Imari You may bit relieved by now. My mate has a Course Maker on his Android One Phone. Really cheap for Smartphone standards.

Still, i want to design it in game. Sometimes i done other things while playing GT6 XD

I've got it working on my old s3, although I haven't tried to export yet.

It doesn't change my opinion that its horse:censored: though. I shouldn't have to pirate an apk, side load it, and fumble around with the tiny icons. This app could totally have been designed to work on phones as well as ps3. I can see no obstacle, other than Polyphonys bizarre sense of "design".

People are very ungrateful here imo. I don't approve PD's weird decisions, but I have a lot of fun with the course maker. It now works on PC too (bluestacks).

Oh yeah. Many who are disappointed should be grateful to the lords known as PD about having to wait TWO YEARS for said feature to be released, only to not have it be accessible in game to create tracks but only mobile devices. :rolleyes:

Ugh. I'll seriously never understand why some STILL give PD free passes... What PD did was utterly stupid and IMO nobody can't deny that, because you need certain devices to gain access to said feature. Many of us were grateful enough to buy GT6 FOR the Course Maker which was advertised, so that should be enough.

P D F A I L ! :lol:

I'm really struggling to come to terms with the fact, we waited nearly 2 years (?) for.........this (C/maker)??????

I don't own a tablet-smartphone-iPhone or any other fancy modern ****, just an old home 'puter,
and an old PS3 that CAN'T even use the stupid course maker thing....................:banghead:
Like so many, F:censored: YOU PD!!

Ahhhhh, so pleasing to have the PS4 running sweet with anything other than a Polyphony Digital game on board. :cheers:

Back