The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
What also disturbs me is the whole hype around his person (Kaz), just check out this vid:

Ok he created the GT series back in the day and they used to be the best racing games around, cudos for that, but nowadays he's portrayed as some sort of messiah for god's sake.
I can't wait for the first reviews from IGN and gamesradar in a couple of weeks, and see what they have to say when there is 0 improvement in sounds, AI, career mode and all the other flaws of GT5...

But it doesn't matter anyway, millions of fans around the world already who eat out of PD's hand anyway, notwithstanding that they deal with a developer that throws sand in their eyes with moonrovers and starconstellations, whilst they keep dead silent on what we really want to know.

That video is hilarious. GT4 (2005AD) was the last real innovate game from his team.

United States preorder numbers for GT6 are down 300% compared to GT5, despite there being many more consoles out there today then there was at the end of 2010.

So it seems alot of people wont be fooled twice. Good.

Last edited:
Have you played GT5?
Yes.

Funny guy:lol:

Sooner or later you guys have to realize PD has a basic disconnect with sim racing games in general and it's fanbase in particular. It shows up in everything they do and in the finished product. The reason for this is Kaz's "vision" for what this game/series should be. His vision is personal, based on his own likes and desires and what he wants to see and it's not going to change unless there is a massive shift in the marketplace. So long as they continue selling 7-10 Million units you'll continue to get bells and whistles instead of core gameplay features brought up to at least current standards, let alone beyond. Only if GT6 is an epic fail in terms of sales will we see any movement towards a radical overhaul of the series.

Disagree. Although not as accurate as a lot of PC sims such as iRacing and rFactor etc, on consoles it's probably the best out there.

My point is, yes its flawed, a bit eccentric and there is stuff missing, but it's also a great, polished, overall experience. I have played GT games much more than iRacing (which I have subscription for), rFactor, GP Legends and any thing else really in the last 16 years. What keeps me coming back is what I mentioned before.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video is hilarious. GT4 (2005AD) was the last real innovate game from his team.

United States preorder numbers for GT6 are down 300% compared to GT5, despite there being many more consoles out there today then there was at the end of 2010.

A lot of that is down to the fact that it is a sequal, and the second GT on each console has generally sold worse and also due to PD's differeing marketing strategy, I'd expect GT6 to sell stronger after release. But I shall assume you'll be the first to say 'told you so' when pd have to shut down in 2 years because of GT6 being so epically flawed...

I wouldn't mind GT6's quirky flaws and underdeveloped ideas and wacky additions if PD has finally nailed the physics engine down to a respectable level of realism/playability. I like GT's highly eccentric concept of what a racing game should be, but I'm not interested unless I can enjoy the racing part of that game too.

All I'm hoping for is a complete rewrite of the physics engine to bring it up to the standards they've been lagging behind for about a decade. If the driving's good, the usual "Polyphony-isms" would only be minor inconveniences.

I wouldn't mind GT6's quirky flaws and underdeveloped ideas and wacky additions if PD has finally nailed the physics engine down to a respectable level of realism/playability. I like GT's highly eccentric concept of what a racing game should be, but I'm not interested unless I can enjoy the racing part of that game too.

All I'm hoping for is a complete rewrite of the physics engine to bring it up to the standards they've been lagging behind for about a decade. If the driving's good, the usual "Polyphony-isms" would only be minor inconveniences.

I think if the Academy demo was anything to go by, the physics will be a decent step up.

The only real problem for me with the physics was the collisions and damage. Lose the pinball bouncing and give the driver a sense of ruining a car close a la Ferrari f355 Challenge on the DC and I will be happy. Yes, the AI could be better, but Online and hot lapping is what I do most of once the basic game is beaten.

A lot of that is down to the fact that it is a sequal, and the second GT on each console has generally sold worse and also due to PD's differeing marketing strategy, I'd expect GT6 to sell stronger after release. But I shall assume you'll be the first to say 'told you so' when pd have to shut down in 2 years because of GT6 being so epically flawed...
Yes, the sequels have always sold less than their predecessors on the previous generation of consoles. However, there's a good chance that the gap between GT5's and GT6's sales figures will be the largest yet - or not. PD has yet to adress the sounds, standard and inane duplicate cars, the lackluster career mode or the AI. These are stuff that has gathered a lot of criticism over the years and GT6 isn't exactly filling people with confidence regarding those issues.

This time around it looks like the roles are reversed.
FM5 looks like it was rushed in development. (hence only 200 cars at launch)
Whilst GT6 looks more refined although there are still some flaws.
While the track list and car count are both a dissapointment (the former being a huge let down), T10 are at least approaching next-gen the way PD should've done with GT5. They've a solid foundation to work on up until the point when FM6 is released. A new game on a new console comes with compromises, as we've seen with GT3. Especially considering it's a launch title in this case.

Disagree. Although not as accurate as a lot of PC sims such as iRacing and rFactor etc, on consoles it's probably the best out there.

My point is, yes its flawed, a bit eccentric and there is stuff missing, but it's also a great, polished, overall experience. I have played GT games much more than iRacing (which I have subscription for), rFactor, GP Legends and any thing else really in the last 16 years. What keeps me coming back is what I mentioned before.

Either the game is full of "crazy attention to detail" or the game is flawed. You can't have both.

What's your point here?
You're saying preorder numbers are down, most likely because people wouldn't want to buy what is basically a GT5 reboot, right? But then you justify your point by saying it's because there's more consoles out?
Am I missing something here? Why say 'despite there being...' when preorders being down due to more consoles being out now is a valid point?
I'm not arguing against you, and in fact I think most people wouldn't want to buy GT6 over GT5 from what we've seen right now too, but I seriously don't understand your point here.

I think if the Academy demo was anything to go by, the physics will be a decent step up.

The only real problem for me with the physics was the collisions and damage. Lose the pinball bouncing and give the driver a sense of ruining a car close a la Ferrari f355 Challenge on the DC and I will be happy. Yes, the AI could be better, but Online and hot lapping is what I do most of once the basic game is beaten.
I wish I had a chance to try the Academy demo, but I guess I missed it before I was able to load it onto my sister's PS3. I'll have to rent GT6 and borrow her system before deciding if it's worth getting a PS3 (which has some other games I wouldn't mind playing). The GTA demo still looked a little goofy in videos, but I don't expect perfection and I'm sure the final product will be a bit different.
Either the game is full of "crazy attention to detail" or the game is flawed. You can't have both.
Why? Crazy attention to detail at the expense of other, more fundamental elements is one of the flaws of Gran Turismo.

Speaking solely for yourself with that comment, because what I'm seeing in general says otherwise...
It's funny you say that because I said just last week that GT6 will be a day one purchase for me, and I stand by that. The updated car and track lists alone have me very excited. But from my point of view, all I'm seeing is a lot of negativity towards Kaz/PD's decisions. That's fine, but that was the reason for my comment.

I wish I had a chance to try the Academy demo, but I guess I missed it before I was able to load it onto my sister's PS3. I'll have to rent GT6 and borrow her system before deciding if it's worth getting a PS3 (which has some other games I wouldn't mind playing). The GTA demo still looked a little goofy in videos, but I don't expect perfection and I'm sure the final product will be a bit different.

Why? Crazy attention to detail at the expense of other, more fundamental elements is one of the flaws of Gran Turismo.

Yes, but the original post what I'm refering to states a contradition between details and lack of quality and consistency.

I have ranted before on gt6, and the news released are very disapointing so far. It is almost the same game as gt5. BUT! I think that kaz, already when gt5 released, is working on next gen racer. Look at premium models, new scanned tracks, improved physics, right there is atleast 5-6 years of development. I think is aiming to realease ha super racer game for ps4 in a couple of years. Meanwhile we get unfinished game and a teaser of what to come. But, i also he is way ahead of his mind, recreate stars? Wtf! Slow down kaz, you need to get your other plans done first! Stars is the last thing you should focus on.

Like i said in other posts, a livery editor and more body customization is the number one priority for me, should be one of the highest for kaz as well.

It's amazing that members who typically only come in to this thread to complain about people complaining then decide to change their tune, and come in to intentionally turn the thread into another GT vs FM thread. Despite literally dozens of warnings from the staff in the past to avoid this and take it to any of the existing threads on the subject.

I'll just make it simpler; next time, the posts will be deleted after infractions are handed out.

He does make nice vids, at least he's not comparing this chap to Nelson Mandela or Ghandi tough :)
Beautiful 911's also there, can't wait to drive them in GT6!
Isn't Mandela the Gandhi of his time? :)
It's not like Kaz is the "second-coming" of Magellan. Stop being a goofball.

I have ranted before on gt6, and the news released are very disapointing so far. It is almost the same game as gt5. BUT! I think that kaz, already when gt5 released, is working on next gen racer. Look at premium models, new scanned tracks, improved physics, right there is atleast 5-6 years of development. I think is aiming to realease ha super racer game for ps4 in a couple of years. Meanwhile we get unfinished game and a teaser of what to come. But, i also he is way ahead of his mind, recreate stars? Wtf! Slow down kaz, you need to get your other plans done first! Stars is the last thing you should focus on.

Like i said in other posts, a livery editor and more body customization is the number one priority for me, should be one of the highest for kaz as well.
The overreaction is strong with this one.

GT6 is the first game to release with it. Driveclub would have been had they made the release window, but they didn't. pCARS has had it in playable builds open to the public for at least a year. GT being the first to release is simply lucky.

The thing is, PD and Evolution builds were private until not very long ago. I'd be very surprised if there isn't at least one PD member and one Evolution Studios member in the pCARS project.

Given how relatively easy the calculations are, and that it's just simple object placement beyond that, it's impossible to say whether PD, Evolution and SMS came up with the ideas independently or if PD and Evolution saw the idea in pCARS and liked it. For the sake of giving people the benefit of the doubt, and the fact that it's more or less a logical step from day/night cycles, I choose to believe that all studios arrived at the idea on their own.

What I don't believe is that GT deserves any special praise for this. It's a cool feature to include and it makes the game look great. But it's neither a technical achievement nor an amazing discovery. It's just a thing.

P.S. If you want to know about the frame rate of pCARS, check the pCARS thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/8935036/
According to Imari, it's not a groundbreaking feature that isn't being done or hasn't been done before with other game(s). So maybe, take a chill pill? I just don't get how you're overreacting like adding this into GT somehow made PD lose half of GT6's development time that cut into every aspect of the game, even when it's something that'll be useful for future games (get it out of the way and give GT6 on a current-gen system another surprising feature).

It's amazing that members who typically only come in to this thread to complain about people complaining then decide to change their tune, and come in to intentionally turn the thread into another GT vs FM thread. Despite literally dozens of warnings from the staff in the past to avoid this and take it to any of the existing threads on the subject.

I'll just make it simpler; next time, the posts will be deleted after infractions are handed out.
No offence but while talking about these things there's always going to be an element of gt vs forza that comes up, that can't be helped. You can't blame people for using forza as a reference sometimes, I admit people go to far sometimes too, but it's gonna come up none the less. Just my opinion.

Lol, only 1200 cars and only 7 new tracks? That's just a little more than GT5. FFS PD screws up again. If you're gonna make all new game with new engine, physics etc., make it for the PS4. For a PS3 game I think all they needed was more cars and tracks.
You are aware PD put in new locations for the course maker it's well over 10 new locations/tracks.

Yes.

Saying GT6 is the best "console" sim is a little like saying my girlfriend is the prettiest of the average looking girls in school. It's fine to say I like it in spite of it's flaws, most people do, but you can't possibly be objective if you think that the GT series is now middle of the pack at best and sometimes bordering on last place in almost every core sim category.

Saying GT6 is the best "console" sim is a little like saying my girlfriend is the prettiest of the average looking girls in school. It's fine to say I like it in spite of it's flaws, most people do, but you can't possibly be objective if you think that the GT series is now middle of the pack at best and sometimes bordering on last place in almost every core sim category.
Fair enough - but that is what it is - a console game. If you really are comparing it to PC sims, with the expectation that it should meet or exceed them, you are always going to come away disappointed.

It is what it is.

When I play iracing or rFactor I don't expect it to be GT and visa versa. These things should appreciated for what they are. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Don't be so hard on her Johnny. Despite all her flaws she is actually very good at cooking.

Back in May on the first page of this thread.
About 9 months ago I was here, waiting on Polyphony Digital to show their latest Gran Turismo. After the first 15 minutes I thought they may actually show up. After an hour...I admit my hope started to sway. How many times did you screw your loyal fans over, Polyphony Digital?

Then a few days ago, out of the clear blue sky and without warning, Polyphony Digital decides to announce a new Gran Turismo game behind closed doors.

I've become thoroughly disillusioned with Polyphony Digital. And Sony as well. Sony preached to me over the past few months how important the Playstation 4 is to them, but then they go right around the corner and prostitute their biggest franchise to the highest bidder. They even had the nerve to show Kazunori Yamauchi in the PS4 reveal trailers, when its quite obvious Polyphony Digital will not release a PS4 game until 2017 at earliest now.

What will Polyphony Digital be doing during the first 3-4 years of the Playstation 4's life? Creating car and track DLC for Playstation 3. Sounds like another brilliant way to spend the first years of a console's life, just like how they squandered the first 4 years of the PS3's life, eh?

To be quite honest, I hope GT6 fails. That may at first seem a selfish wish, but in the long run it would only be for the better of the series. Kazunori Yamauchi and his team appear to know no limits when it comes to development time. Do they wear a watch, or even have a calendar? The failure of GT6 will impress on their minds mightily that there isnt millions of sheep ready to get fed whatever garbage you happen to throw our way whenever you feel like it. What is the franchise anymore anyway? The real GT Academy? The Real Nissan Simulator?

In fact I hope Forza is a launch or near launch title for the Xbox Infinity. Just so those which such short foresight could get a glimpse of what GT6 could have been on a system that wasnt built in the bronze age.

How about taking a clue from Forza. Forza launches its games at real gaming shows. They dont create "special events" to thump their chest and reveal their newest game behind closed doors. Forza releases a game every 2 years and its been over a decade since Polyphony Digital actually released a really fun Gran Turismo game while Forza pumps out AAA quality games on a regular basis.

I'll cast my vote with my wallet. It wasnt too long ago Sony had 4, $500 locked up from on a purchase of the PS4. Thats not going to happen anymore. GT6? Absolutely not.

In fact this lack of focus leads me to believe the PS4 will fail as well. Give a large portion of the Sony fanbase a very good reason not to buy a PS4 for a least 3 years by releasing GT6 on the old console. Count on (previously) loyal suckers like myself to buy your buggy, unreliable launch consoles that have no games for top dollar. Then, when your ready for the GT6 PS3 crowd, drop the price, introduce an improved PS4, then release GT7 on PS4, while my launch PS4 is on its last legs.

Sorry, but Im not falling for it this time. At least you dignified me enough as not to release a Prologue.

Maybe its time to close the chapter of Gran Turismo and gaming in my life. All it will really mean is more free time. GT6 on PS3 quite clearly shows me gaming isnt about breaking down new barriers anymore, or introducing new ways to play, or providing new experiences. Its all business now, and every decision is made based on what can provide maximum profit. Im no longer interested in investing time and money in such things, when its only my dollar they are after.

Signing off

I didnt see anything at all in that trailer new or fun.

Same fake trailers that look nothing like ingame graphics for PS3.

I guess flashing lights and loud sounds get people excited. Too bad.

Half the car roster will be standard cars again

Truly a joke and embarassment. Deserving of failure
I have already read your hilarious whining post. Way to go to judge it early 👍
Good stuff.

You seem the type of person never satisfied: So the first GT game to feature dynamic time and weather, full car interiors, 16 cars (as opposed to 6), car damage, full online support, driver gear, wasn't innovative?

What's innovative to you? A car running on square wheels?

You seem the type of person never satisfied: So the first GT game to feature dynamic time and weather, full car interiors, 16 cars (as opposed to 6), car damage, full online support, driver gear, wasn't innovative?

What's innovative to you? A car running on square wheels?
And a Course Maker set in a town and layouts that can be utilized at a greater scale. And the feature of the GT Arena about setting up cones to form and maybe hold an autocross type of event. Here's to hoping that there'll be a "database" where we can download those along with Course Maker tracks from any GT6 user.

Back