The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
GT 5.5? I hope not.

Lets face facts. PS3 is an obselete piece of kit.
1 3.2GHZ Power 5 CPU and 6SPUs that are non independent. All instructions are fed through the Power 5 core.
It has a crap (by2013s standard) GPU, an Nvidia 7800GTX GPU and split memory pools of 256MB XDR@3.2ghz and 256MB DDR3.

Its a mess, YET, Guerilla Games, makers of Killzone series ported their PS3 engine unto PS4. They had a press conferance today detailing it.

The PS4 has 8 Cores, each between 1.6GHz and 2GHz.
8GB GDDR5 ram at 176gb/s
and a HD7850 GPU.

What they did was basically emulate the PS3 instruction set on PS4 by having 6SPUs emulate by the 6CPU cores on PS4 to distribute the CPU loads. They used the remaining two PS4 CPU's to emulate the POWER PC Core, and then ofloaded the rest to the GPU.

SO, why didnt PD announce GT6 being cross-gen if its that simple to do????
The PS4 Graphics Card is literally 10× the power of PS3s AND, there is a unified pool of memory.
I am disappointed. I really am.

First GT I may skip......... :(

Last edited:
I´m sorry if might soung rude for some people but I think some of you are a bunch of crybabies, GT5 graphics are great, they might need some tweaks but overall they are amazing and graphics are not everything in simulator, check Iracing, Race07,GTR2,Rfactor and other sims, their graphics might not be good as GT5 but when it comes to physics they are better than GT5 and also GT6 should have flag rules.

Just my opinion.

I´m sorry if might soung rude for some people but I think some of you are a bunch of crybabies, GT5 graphics are great, they might need some tweaks but overall they are amazing and graphics are not everything in simulator, check Iracing, Race07,GTR2,Rfactor and other sims, their graphics might not be good as GT5 but when it comes to physics they are better than GT5 and also GT6 should have flag rules.

Just my opinion.

+1:tup:

Do you read ANYWHERE in the press release stating they have made updates to the simulation algorythms of the engine?
NO. That means, Zero improvements to the simulation. And GT5s simulation did need improvements.

Do you read ANYWHERE in the press release stating they have made updates to the simulation algorythms of the engine?
NO. That means, Zero improvements to the simulation. And GT5s simulation did need improvements.

As I said before, they need to improve the physics, and add flag rules too.

Last edited:
I'm dissapointed that it was not released on PS4, there is no reason to the the PS4 now for me. Bad buisness decision too.

Lol, only 1200 cars and only 7 new tracks? That's just a little more than GT5. FFS PD screws up again. If you're gonna make all new game with new engine, physics etc., make it for the PS4. For a PS3 game I think all they needed was more cars and tracks.

About 9 months ago I was here, waiting on Polyphony Digital to show their latest Gran Turismo. After the first 15 minutes I thought they may actually show up. After an hour...I admit my hope started to sway. How many times did you screw your loyal fans over, Polyphony Digital?

Then a few days ago, out of the clear blue sky and without warning, Polyphony Digital decides to announce a new Gran Turismo game behind closed doors.

I've become thoroughly disillusioned with Polyphony Digital. And Sony as well. Sony preached to me over the past few months how important the Playstation 4 is to them, but then they go right around the corner and prostitute their biggest franchise to the highest bidder. They even had the nerve to show Kazunori Yamauchi in the PS4 reveal trailers, when its quite obvious Polyphony Digital will not release a PS4 game until 2017 at earliest now.

What will Polyphony Digital be doing during the first 3-4 years of the Playstation 4's life? Creating car and track DLC for Playstation 3. Sounds like another brilliant way to spend the first years of a console's life, just like how they squandered the first 4 years of the PS3's life, eh?

To be quite honest, I hope GT6 fails. That may at first seem a selfish wish, but in the long run it would only be for the better of the series. Kazunori Yamauchi and his team appear to know no limits when it comes to development time. Do they wear a watch, or even have a calendar? The failure of GT6 will impress on their minds mightily that there isnt millions of sheep ready to get fed whatever garbage you happen to throw our way whenever you feel like it. What is the franchise anymore anyway? The real GT Academy? The Real Nissan Simulator?

In fact I hope Forza is a launch or near launch title for the Xbox Infinity. Just so those which such short foresight could get a glimpse of what GT6 could have been on a system that wasnt built in the bronze age.

How about taking a clue from Forza. Forza launches its games at real gaming shows. They dont create "special events" to thump their chest and reveal their newest game behind closed doors. Forza releases a game every 2 years and its been over a decade since Polyphony Digital actually released a really fun Gran Turismo game while Forza pumps out AAA quality games on a regular basis.

I'll cast my vote with my wallet. It wasnt too long ago Sony had 4, $500 locked up from on a purchase of the PS4. Thats not going to happen anymore. GT6? Absolutely not.

In fact this lack of focus leads me to believe the PS4 will fail as well. Give a large portion of the Sony fanbase a very good reason not to buy a PS4 for a least 3 years by releasing GT6 on the old console. Count on (previously) loyal suckers like myself to buy your buggy, unreliable launch consoles that have no games for top dollar. Then, when your ready for the GT6 PS3 crowd, drop the price, introduce an improved PS4, then release GT7 on PS4, while my launch PS4 is on its last legs.

Sorry, but Im not falling for it this time. At least you dignified me enough as not to release a Prologue.

Maybe its time to close the chapter of Gran Turismo and gaming in my life. All it will really mean is more free time. GT6 on PS3 quite clearly shows me gaming isnt about breaking down new barriers anymore, or introducing new ways to play, or providing new experiences. Its all business now, and every decision is made based on what can provide maximum profit. Im no longer interested in investing time and money in such things, when its only my dollar they are after.

Signing off

I didnt see anything at all in that trailer new or fun.

Same fake trailers that look nothing like ingame graphics for PS3.

I guess flashing lights and loud sounds get people excited. Too bad.

Half the car roster will be standard cars again

Truly a joke and embarassment. Deserving of failure

Physics is the important part here, I must say I'm interested in GT6. Hell I play GTR2 non stop on my pc because i love the physics in it, who cares about the fact its not on PS4

I didnt see anything at all in that trailer new or fun.

Same fake trailers that look nothing like ingame graphics for PS3.

I guess flashing lights and loud sounds get people excited. Too bad.

Half the car roster will be standard cars again

Truly a joke and embarassment. Deserving of failure

I have already read your hilarious whining post. Way to go to judge it early 👍

If Turn 10 is smart they'll get the new Forza 5 out soon and humiliate Little 6 with its PS2 cars, highly plausible non existent crash physics and poor AI

At least on PS4 it would have looked like the fake trailers

Congrats Sony, you just made millions in PS3 sales, but at the same time lost millions in PS4 sales. This should hurry along your path into oblivion

I think the real question is:

are DLC tracks from GT5 (SPA & Twin Ring Motegi) included in their announced 7 or not? If yes then that would mean 5 new tracks. I hope it´s GT5 DLC + 7 new circuits! :/

About 9 months ago I was here, waiting on Polyphony Digital to show their latest Gran Turismo. After the first 15 minutes I thought they may actually show up. After an hour...I admit my hope started to sway. How many times did you screw your loyal fans over, Polyphony Digital?

Then a few days ago, out of the clear blue sky and without warning, Polyphony Digital decides to announce a new Gran Turismo game behind closed doors.

I've become thoroughly disillusioned with Polyphony Digital. And Sony as well. Sony preached to me over the past few months how important the Playstation 4 is to them, but then they go right around the corner and prostitute their biggest franchise to the highest bidder. They even had the nerve to show Kazunori Yamauchi in the PS4 reveal trailers, when its quite obvious Polyphony Digital will not release a PS4 game until 2017 at earliest now.

What will Polyphony Digital be doing during the first 3-4 years of the Playstation 4's life? Creating car and track DLC for Playstation 3. Sounds like another brilliant way to spend the first years of a console's life, just like how they squandered the first 4 years of the PS3's life, eh?

To be quite honest, I hope GT6 fails. That may at first seem a selfish wish, but in the long run it would only be for the better of the series. Kazunori Yamauchi and his team appear to know no limits when it comes to development time. Do they wear a watch, or even have a calendar? The failure of GT6 will impress on their minds mightily that there isnt millions of sheep ready to get fed whatever garbage you happen to throw our way whenever you feel like it. What is the franchise anymore anyway? The real GT Academy? The Real Nissan Simulator?

In fact I hope Forza is a launch or near launch title for the Xbox Infinity. Just so those which such short foresight could get a glimpse of what GT6 could have been on a system that wasnt built in the bronze age.

How about taking a clue from Forza. Forza launches its games at real gaming shows. They dont create "special events" to thump their chest and reveal their newest game behind closed doors. Forza releases a game every 2 years and its been over a decade since Polyphony Digital actually released a really fun Gran Turismo game while Forza pumps out AAA quality games on a regular basis.

I'll cast my vote with my wallet. It wasnt too long ago Sony had 4, $500 locked up from on a purchase of the PS4. Thats not going to happen anymore. GT6? Absolutely not.

In fact this lack of focus leads me to believe the PS4 will fail as well. Give a large portion of the Sony fanbase a very good reason not to buy a PS4 for a least 3 years by releasing GT6 on the old console. Count on (previously) loyal suckers like myself to buy your buggy, unreliable launch consoles that have no games for top dollar. Then, when your ready for the GT6 PS3 crowd, drop the price, introduce an improved PS4, then release GT7 on PS4, while my launch PS4 is on its last legs.

Sorry, but Im not falling for it this time. At least you dignified me enough as not to release a Prologue.

Maybe its time to close the chapter of Gran Turismo and gaming in my life. All it will really mean is more free time. GT6 on PS3 quite clearly shows me gaming isnt about breaking down new barriers anymore, or introducing new ways to play, or providing new experiences. Its all business now, and every decision is made based on what can provide maximum profit. Im no longer interested in investing time and money in such things, when its only my dollar they are after.

Signing off

Well goodbye.

They want to give us DLC on a monthly basis this time. Ok, great. I actually like it. But I expected far many more new cars and tracks.

This means for cars, either:
a) all cars are premium and they finally did it.
b) all cars are the same as in GT5

... and for tracks:
a) all the great legacy tracks will come in via DLCs
b) all the great tracks are kept for GTx on PS4

If Turn 10 is smart they'll get the new Forza 5 out soon and humiliate Little 6 with its PS2 cars, highly plausible non existent crash physics and poor AI

At least on PS4 it would have looked like the fake trailers

Congrats Sony, you just made millions in PS3 sales, but at the same time lost millions in PS4 sales. This should hurry along your path into oblivion

Have you even been paying attention to the rumours that Micro$oft refuse to refute? The next gen Xbox is (probably) going to ship with Kinect 2.0 (pushing the price of the console through the roof) and (possibly) require an Internet connection to play games, or even work. Have fun with that. ;)

Well goodbye.

After saying goodbye to the site and franchise, he has posted twice.......in less than an hour.

What he doesn't really get is that the racing games/sims that are better than gt5 are miles more expensive than it, yet he complains about PD and sony trying to get his money for nothing.

Last edited:
GT5:
3-Alpine_A110_1600S_1973_-_Flickr_-_Peter_Zoon.jpg

GT6:
alpine_a110_01.jpg

Back