The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
I don't really care how he drives, it's just nice to see the console footage for scrutiny purposes. cockpit view would've been nice though. wish he'd posted whatever else he'd recorded but I guess we'll have to wait and see what VVV upload in the near future

I don't really care how he drives, it's just nice to see the console footage for scrutiny purposes. cockpit view would've been nice though. wish he'd posted whatever else he'd recorded but I guess we'll have to wait and see what VVV upload in the near future

Sure, but seeing the game is a sim, Youtubers like this shouldn't make these videos of PC as it's not an arcade game. He should have stuck to Drive Club or Forza!! :dunce::dunce:

man, I've been playing Driveclub online the past couple of days and it's a joke. why can't people have a nice side by side race? literally driving you off the road. infuriating. I really hope these people don't come over to pCARS but if they do I'll be racing in lobbies with full damage on to try to deter those idiots.

edit: although it does make it even more satisfying when you beat them all :sly:

Last edited:
man, I've been playing Driveclub online the past couple of days and it's a joke. why can't people have a nice side by side race? literally driving you off the road. infuriating. I really hope these people don't come over to pCARS but if they do I'll be racing in lobbies with full damage on to try to deter those idiots.

Felt the same with GRID AS... haven't played the game for almost a month as most of the time the racecraft is atrocious... (and the career mode hasn't appealed much to me either)

EDIT: Agreed with your edit as well (had the same feeling when ever that happened)

edit: although it does make it even more satisfying when you beat them all :sly:

Thats exactly why I haven't played DC online. I hope the people playing PC are more courteous. Like what we see in Yorkie's videos with the Gentleman's Club.

[Caterham Seven Classic @ Sakitto]
I think Abgefahren! ("dookie") is my favorite Youtuber for PCARS vids. He has a bit of a tail-out driving style like me and I appreciate his drifting vids and the cool car+track pairings you don't see everywhere else, like this. 👍

He talks too fast for me to keep up very well with the limited German I know, but I can still get a sense of what he's talking about.

Nope. Map style is fixed. But with community API tools you can have the full map including cars positions on an additional monitor :)
This API tool exists already? Do you have a link to it? If it's a scalable map and I can pull it in close I might be running to buy another tablet today:dopey:

I think Abgefahren! ("dookie") is my favorite Youtuber for PCARS vids. He has a bit of a tail-out driving style like me and I appreciate his drifting vids and the cool car+track pairings you don't see everywhere else, like this. 👍

He talks too fast for me to keep up very well with the limited German I know, but I can still get a sense of what he's talking about.
no love for Chillisteak? heheh

I'm a fair, gentlemanly, and clean racer with 20+ years of playing.... You people can see my PSN, therefore add me if you wish and we'll see eachother on PCs in a few weeks! :)

This API tool exists already? Do you have a link to it? If it's a scalable map and I can pull it in close I might be running to buy another tablet today:dopey:
There are quite a lot promoted already, but expect more to come after release. :) http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html Cant say much about it because Im lacking said additional monitor...only tried the pCARS Profiler and was overwhelmed by the provided data :drool:

Again, since there are a lot of console players in here, I cant approve this feature for PS4/XB1

Last edited:
I'd recommend one Windows tablet and one Android tablet if you want to go crazy with 2nd screen apps. There are good apps on both platforms and a thriving app developer community. Of course the Windows apps could run on your pCARS PC, in the background Alt+Tab'ing, on a 2nd attached screen or on a old "throwaway" laptop on the side.

BTW, I'm pondering a race monitor module (full map + all cars and driver info) for an app I'm working on...

Last edited:
I'm a fair, gentlemanly, and clean racer with 20+ years of playing.... You people can see my PSN, therefore add me if you wish and we'll see eachother on PCs in a few weeks! :)
I sent you a request last night and you haven't accepted it yet :eek: haha

unless it sent it to the wrong person lol

I sent you a request last night and you haven't accepted it yet :eek: haha

unless it sent it to the wrong person lol

Hahaha sorry haven't been on my PS4 this weekend..... For sure i got it.... I'll accept you when i next go on there mate!!! ;) :cheers:

Good stuff but on a low AI no??!! One thing, those Formula B cars have a Push To Pass button no? (P2P on steering wheel) That could make it fun!! :P

Pirate Build and on top yt monetization activated. :banghead::grumpy:👎
AYch4Io.gif

That GIF is really scary :nervous:

Pirate Build? Yes i think so, looking at the HUD that was seen for a few seconds and from the old treewall that is seen at the end of the main straight. If he had a legal build he would have mentioned the build number somewhere and would not have access to this old build anymore.

do they work on consoles?

No, because sharing memory contents over an HTTP interface would be one of the biggest security holes for the platform owners. To get an app approved to be working with the consoles and their attached network infrastructure is a really big deal and certainly not a task that a voluntary, single developer could accomplish. That means the best hope we can get is that PCars sells like hot cakes and SMS manages to fund, produce and provide a companion app sometime in a distant future.

No, because sharing memory contents over an HTTP interface would be one of the biggest security holes for the platform owners. To get an app approved to be working with the consoles and their attached network infrastructure is a really big deal and certainly not a task that a voluntary, single developer could accomplish. That means the best hope we can get is that PCars sells like hot cakes and SMS manages to fund, produce and provide a companion app sometime in a distant future.
Thanks! It is a shame, but it makes sense though...finger crossed PCars does well and SMS decides to use smartglass for the Xbone!

Back