The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
yes lets have another delay for a month or so to fix tire squeal .give the fans what they want .( hope you realise its a game poeple not real life }it will probably be june release as it is .why not extend it more .:crazy:

Like the majority of people who spend time in this forum, I'm absolutely looking forward to getting it ASAP.

Heck,
1). I pre-ordered it back on "Sunday, July 20, 2014",

2). Already had a Logitech G27 and I had to replace my wheel for a compatible one (Thrustmaster T300 RS Wheel),

3). I brought new pedals (Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO),

4). and I ordered a new replacement add on wheel (TM Leather 28 GT Wheel),

so, I would say there is a lot of excitement on my end to get this soon, but I can tell you this, But, I would rather wait a month or 2 to get something that is really good than to have something now that isn't that great.

Of course we are all different, that's what makes the world go around, But, I think you said it yourself: ".( hope you realise its a game poeple not real life }", Yes, it's only a game in the end and I have lots of real life things that are far more important, if this is the only thing in your life that is important, I really honestly don't know what to say.

Like the majority of people who spend time in this forum, I'm absolutely looking forward to getting it ASAP.

Heck,
1). I pre-ordered it back on "Sunday, July 20, 2014",

2). Already had a Logitech G27 and I had to replace my wheel for a compatible one (Thrustmaster T300 RS Wheel),

3). I brought new pedals (Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO),

4). and I ordered a new replacement add on wheel (TM Leather 28 GT Wheel),

so, I would say there is a lot of excitement on my end to get this soon, but I can tell you this, But, I would rather wait a month or 2 to get something that is really good than to have something now that isn't that great.

Of course we are all different, that's what makes the world go around, But, I think you said it yourself: ".( hope you realise its a game poeple not real life }", Yes, it's only a game in the end and I have lots of real life things that are far more important, if this is the only thing in your life that is important, I really honestly don't know what to say.

""""I would rather wait a month or 2 to get something that is really good than to have something now that isn't that great."""

You'd rather wait a month or 2?? We've already been waiting for 6 months more than originally planned... To me the videos we see now of the game looks more or less finished, certainly in a stated to be released! More so than most games are when they are released (Driveclub!!) If the game is delayed again it will be a big P**st**e, nothing else! Perfection doesn't exist in life, nor in video games!! Release the game tomorrow.... it's ready!!!

""""I would rather wait a month or 2 to get something that is really good than to have something now that isn't that great."""

You'd rather wait a month or 2?? We've already been waiting for 6 months more than originally planned... To me the videos we see now of the game looks more or less finished, certainly in a stated to be released! More so than most games are when they are released (Driveclub!!) If the game is delayed again it will be a big P**st**e, nothing else! Perfection doesn't exist in life, nor in video games!! Release the game tomorrow.... it's ready!!!
Did you really just censor "take"? :lol:

Btw, you can say piss here ;)

About PCARS being delayed at this point? It would hurt SMS a lot. A day one patch is coming anyway, so they really will be working round the clock right up till release date to perfect it.

So you believe the game will still be out in May as per schedule?

So you believe the game will still be out in May as per schedule?
I see I didn't explain my point on the day one patch thing. My point is, if the game really is close to finished right now, and with the additional chance to fix any final issues with a day one patch, I believe the game will be out in May

I see I didn't explain my point on the day one patch thing. My point is, if the game really is close to finished right now, and with the additional chance to fix any final issues with a day one patch, I believe the game will be out in May

Me too!!:cheers: Hopefully this week, with Easter well out of the way, we'll have some news from SMS!! Been quiet for too long now, it's almost like the Codemasters F1 forum here!! (Just joking, it's not that bad! ;) )

Me too!!:cheers: Hopefully this week, with Easter well out of the way, we'll have some news from SMS!! Been quiet for too long now, it's almost like the Codemasters F1 forum here!! (Just joking, it's not that bad! ;) )
At this point, I'm not too fussed on news, I've been getting a lot of that in the past two years of waiting for this game. I think now I just want to be able to play it.

If you look at the build notes you can see that there has been alot of useful bug fixes and improvements made since the last delay, however all of those to date could still have gone into a day one patch if the April release date had still stood.
Any improvements that can be made from now will likewise make it into a day one patch and surely the game is not broken that it would require a further delay - therefore I highly doubt there will be an further delays.

If you look at the build notes you can see that there has been alot of useful bug fixes and improvements made since the last delay, however all of those to date could still have gone into a day one patch if the April release date had still stood.
Not the ones that came after April 2nd

About PCARS being delayed at this point? It would hurt SMS a lot. A day one patch is coming anyway, so they really will be working round the clock right up till release date to perfect it.
Yes another delay would be very hurtful to SMS's reputation and they know it. They will be well aware that meeting the release date is imperative and I feel quite confident that we will be seeing PCars next month.

Hopefully the ability to release a day one patch discourages them from delaying again.

Exactly...... How could they delay it again i'm not sure... The videos of build 980 show the game running beautifully now, in graphics, physics, AI and more. If it is delayed again it will be for something else, not for the state of the game. This week is crucial as it will be 3 weeks before the supposed release date (7/8 May), like the last delay was announced 3 weeks before (11 March delay announced - 2 April release date = 22 days before) Here's hoping a solid release date is given, and nothing else! :)

With F1 2015 releasing 12 Jun, I can't see them delaying this again. They'll want a decent buffer between it and Codemaster's game, surely. I feel pretty confident this will be released by mid May in Europe and the States.

There could be something done with the PS4 and the Vita.

I never thought of that. I would invest in a Vita if this became a reality.

I'd hate to break anyone's balls, but could we perhaps have the whole "will they/won't they" discussion about possible delays in the release date thread? This is meant to be for videos, but there's only been one video posted in the last 30 comments...

Edit* Now I look, there's been two videos posted in the last 50 comments.

I'd hate to break anyone's balls, but could we perhaps have the whole "will they/won't they" discussion about possible delays in the release date thread? This is meant to be for videos, but there's only been one video posted in the last 30 comments...

Edit* Now I look, there's been two videos posted in the last 50 comments.

Correct!! And to get the ball rolling......

The windscreen sticker is close to opaque but I can see raindrops as clear as those running down the windscreen, should be an easy enough fix.

is this one Chillisteak?

Yes!! He says in the video that the AI is on 100% difficulty, although he mentions as follows in the video description:

Difficulty at this event was set at 100% when going in to it, but it appears to have changed to 73% (Something I only noticed upon going to select the next event) So sadly this race won't provide much entertainment, but I decided to upload it for you guys to see regardless.

Explains why he dominated the races before everyone starts saying the AI isn't tough enough!! ;)

This seems to be a Doningtion problem. It is known to SMS and was discussed yesterday on the forum. This also explains the trouble about the video about a month ago when one guy passed all cars easily on 100% AI.

Latest Posts

Back