The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
Sooooooo....like.... any news about V8 CoTF?

I don't even really like the volvo S60 but damn it I wanna flog the piss out of it around so many tracks! Haha

I'll second this - really hope the V8s make it into the game at some point!

For me I love some of the BTCC cars. I noticed a youtube video today see link and there are a couple of older BTCC cars in it like the Nissan Primera's of John Leslie and Matt Neal and there was also a Seat Leon Coupra from the more recent world BTCC?

For me I love some of the BTCC cars. I noticed a youtube video today see link and there are a couple of older BTCC cars in it like the Nissan Primera's of John Leslie and Matt Neal and there was also a Seat Leon Coupra from the more recent world BTCC?

This is NOT PS4 gameplay of Project cars. This is Assetto Corsa and a very very old build of Project cars (Audi A4 DTM)

So the Ferarri TheFerarri is in? It's in the video - but is this video legit?!

Edit: Just noticed the post a couple above - never mind - thought it too good to be true. :rolleyes:

Wow, made up 2 places in 10 laps, 100% AI is going to be waaay too hard for me :)
I've watched one of the Twitch feeds several times with a guy I'd consider above average relative to most of the people I've raced with in GT and he struggles to make up places against the AI as well in just about every car he's tried. Key thing is that they don't quit, so you have to protect the inside of the track when they are behind you or they will go for that gap if they are close enough . You have to keep an eye on your "mirrors" and know where they are at all times. They don't give up on the outside much of the time either.

75% AI might be the right amount for me...I'd probably be lapped about 10 times with 100% AI. :lol:

I have to say I was very happy after seeing the latest vid by Alan. What made it more sweet he was using his steering wheel. AI really competitive at Silverstone. Anyway looking around 80% mark I think.

I've watched one of the Twitch feeds several times with a guy I'd consider above average relative to most of the people I've raced with in GT and he struggles to make up places against the AI as well in just about every car he's tried. Key thing is that they don't quit, so you have to protect the inside of the track when they are behind you or they will go for that gap if they are close enough . You have to keep an eye on your "mirrors" and know where they are at all times. They don't give up on the outside much of the time either.

I've noticed that too. I love how competitive the AI looks, and how they will actually race with the player. Too many racing games have the AI tip-toeing around the player like they'll spontaneously explode if they touch them lol. Or Gran Turismo, where the AI completely gives up if you even get alongside them, and will never attempt a pass if they're behind. It's like the GT grids are made up of the world's only fans of "Trulli trains" :lol:. (Fans of F1 around 10 years ago will get that reference, and I apologise to non F1 fans to whom it will look like gibberish lol)

Sounfs like racing against real people! Many of the most intense online races I've ever taken part of had no passing at all...

Anyone else think the only reason why the A.I. is so fast is because their simplified physics allows them to push their cars harder than the player possibly can? It would definitely take away from the experience for me if that were true.

Anyone else think the only reason why the A.I. is so fast is because their simplified physics allows them to push their cars harder than the player possibly can? It would definitely take away from the experience for me if that were true.
I dunno, to me they look pretty much within the limits of what's available most of the time. Fast drivers can go faster than fastest AI, so definitely they can't push harder than the human drivers.

I dunno, to me they look pretty much within the limits of what's available most of the time. Fast drivers can go faster than fastest AI, so definitely they can't push harder than the human drivers.

This.

Not saying I'm a superfast driver or anything, but I've seen more than one instance of a player driving erratically, missing apexes and braking points, then saying that the AI is too fast.

Thankfully, we have the ability to adjust the AI, so everyone should be able to find a balance that they're happy with.

Another major factor will be the amount of practice each player is willing to put in. I won't be doing any racing until I can lap safely and consistently at pace. With that in mind, I'm intended to race with a very high AI%. Those who only want to pick up and play will have to lower the difficulty to compensate.

I have to say I was very happy after seeing the latest vid by Alan. What made it more sweet he was using his steering wheel. AI really competitive at Silverstone. Anyway looking around 80% mark I think.
I had 80% in mind originally, but I think I will start at 70% and, if possible!, make my way up. It looks like the biggest challenge will be consistency over speed. I can hot lap a couple of laps but once a mistake has been made, all the time gained when hot lapping will be lost! Nice challenge!

Il try it at 80% AI at first..see how it is. Id like to be battling mid pack for points initially so dont want it too easy or too hard.

75% AI might be the right amount for me...I'd probably be lapped about 10 times with 100% AI in a 10 lap race...let alone the 1:20:00 race I plan to do at Watkins Glen or Monza. :lol:
I didn't know about the adjustable AI. That's so cool.,So the higher the AI , the harder the race ,I presume. thanks

there's a few framerate test videos on Digital Foundry now. i'll just link the first.

Edit: as expected the PS4 holds up a bit better than XONE, which doesn't hit the 60fps quite so often.

Not as good as i'd of hoped for on either console.
yes, night races in the rain look like they're taking their toll, but i'm sure i'll find the PS4 version more than acceptable after having played 30fps Driveclub for months.

also, it looks like there is indeed a performance increase if you turn the visual effects down. at least a few FPS gained without them:

yes, night races in the rain look like they're taking their toll, but i'm sure i'll find the PS4 version more than acceptable after having played 30fps Driveclub for months.

also, it looks like there is indeed a performance increase if you turn the visual effects down. at least a few FPS gained without them:

Looks like it will take some serious work or miracle to get a racing game on a console with night and weather, to run a solid 60fps.

Latest Posts

Back