The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
Would someone be able to do a vid of all the liveries for the McLaren 12C GT3 from one of the latest builds please? A bunch of them were removed because of licensing issues & I'm really curious to see what's available.
Thanks in anticipation! :cheers:

That doesn't make sense. I'd expect PD to be wanting to advertise their franchise on other games, instead, a little "we're everywhere!" shout.
My guess it would have involved SMS paying PD to use that banner. Or they might just be jealous and not allow it :dopey:

recent video with the new motion blur. looks really nice, be good for someone to do a before-and-after comparison vid 👍

What about the mirrors?! Are they supposed to be so loose?! A fella from another board mentioned it.

recent video with the new motion blur. looks really nice, be good for someone to do a before-and-after comparison vid 👍

Nice blur, but the FOV settings used suck in my opinion. Just look at how elongated the cockpit looks.

Personally I used a FOV of 56 degrees for cockpit view, instead of the 80 degrees default. Estimating braking points became much more natural for me, and everything seemed more normal distance and size wise.

The only downside is probably the fact that it kinda sucks when you use a single monitor without any headtracking. While everything seems the right size, the window that is your screen is small. So your mirrors will fall out of view reducing your ability to be properly aware of your surroundings.

A TrackIR 5 solves a lot of issues with this, triple screens even more. Though you need at least 32" inch screens to get some realism out of it.
Of course the seat/camera position can be changed as well. So you can set it further back so you have a bit more overview.

@PRO_TOO The mirror vibrations would require more extensive chassis physics to get accurate I believe. Which might be a post-release thing. I forgot what's post-release and what's post in the 'wishlist folder' called "pCARS 2". Although it doesn't matter much, as Project CARS will see continuous improvements where possible. So whatever is more important or wished for more will be tackled first... granted it is doable within current hardware limitations.

I've been watching both this and the FOV thread for a while as I twiddle my thumbs waiting for launch! Mirrors do seem to be an issue for we single screen users. Maybe an app to display either mirror on a tablet or phone would be a workable solution, although I don't think that facility is currently available via the app API.

This "use a phone as a mirror" was a gimmick sony suggested for GT5 in 2008. It was not implemented because...it was even too gimmicky for the japanese guys. We have proper ingame mirrors as well as a large FOV virtual mirror. To pimp spatial awareness one can train more, glance left/right, get proper triple screens or wait for VR to hit the market...there is no lack of features to enable players to look behind...not at all.

This "use a phone as a mirror" was a gimmick sony suggested for GT5 in 2008. It was not implemented because...it was even too gimmicky for the japanese guys. We have proper ingame mirrors as well as a large FOV virtual mirror. To pimp spatial awareness one can train more, glance left/right, get proper triple screens or wait for VR to hit the market...there is no lack of features to enable players to look behind...not at all.
But using the proper FOV for a single screen setup makes those proper side mirrors and rear view mirror disappear.

Vid posted a few days ago. Not sure what build, But there is a few bugs present as player points out. Maybe this can be forwarded on to Dev's to investigate.

All these comparison vids made me realise something. Only Pcars is so versatile, that it can be compared to any other racing game available and put up a good fight. From sims like AC and Iracing, to graphics-dedicated arcades like DC or Forza. And also reality, for that matter.

I don't think there has ever been so much comparison vids made as with Pcars.

Vid posted a few days ago. Not sure what build, But there is a few bugs present as player points out. Maybe this can be forwarded on to Dev's to investigate.

To do that you could specify what bugs in what time slot (as you have the info already)..

All these comparison vids made me realise something. Only Pcars is so versatile, that it can be compared to any other racing game available and put up a good fight. From sims like AC and Iracing, to graphics-dedicated arcades like DC or Forza. And also reality, for that matter.

I don't think there has ever been so much comparison vids made as with Pcars.

Prefer the weather in PCars apart from cockpit view. DC has a massive edge there.

To do that you could specify what bugs in what time slot (as you have the info already)..
i watched a couple of this guy's videos recently and off the top of my head, he qualified in 6th in the Caterham Classic but started on pole, and in another race an AI car clipped through the side of his car instead of making contact.

can't remember any other bugs mentioned.

i watched a couple of this guy's videos recently and off the top of my head, he qualified in 6th in the Caterham Classic but started on pole, and in another race an AI car clipped through the side of his car instead of making contact.

can't remember any other bugs mentioned.
Qualify stuff has been fixed recently, his vids use few weeks old builds, afaik.

i asked someone about virtual mirrors quite a while ago and I'm almost certain the virtual mirror will be on consoles, from any view point too eg. in cockpit, helmet view etc.

Virtual mirror is crucial for me now that i'll be moving to real FOV. I will be placing my 40" TV dangerously close to the edge of the tv cabinet to improve my FOV numbers ;)

i know the rain on the windscreens in DC looks lovely, but it can be a right pain to see anything, i think pCARS looks completely acceptable and has the nice bonus of being driveable.
That's because the windscreen wipers are so bloody lazy, Evo i think just wanted to show of the weather effects that much that they programmed the wipers to hardly bloody work :lol:

Back