The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
i asked someone about this quite a while ago and I'm almost certain the virtual mirror will be on consoles, from any view point too eg. in cockpit, helmet view etc.

Virtual mirror is crucial for me now that i'll be moving to real FOV. I will be placing my 40" TV dangerously close to the edge of the tv cabinet to improve my FOV numbers ;)
What are these virtual mirrors you guys speak of?

Should the car be that hard to drive? Is it a car that's extremely difficult to drive in real life? It really does look like Bambi on ice.

Should the car be that hard to drive? Is it a car that's extremely difficult to drive in real life? It really does look like Bambi on ice.
Yes i believe they run cross plys with 500+ bhp and very little downforce on a extremely bumpy track.

New (german) video from @dookie: 2 laps on Nords in the Ford MKIV

Things to see here from my perspective:
  • Handling of this car is incredibly difficult
  • Lap 2 - Insanely thick fog at the bottom of the fox hole <- awesome, super realistic!

Now that the track is fully licensed, are we getting the 24 hours layout?

Well, it is a car from the 60s. Its tires are made of wood, its suspension consists in two beams of steel and it has the same aerodinamic efficiency as you would expect from Noah's Arc, so, yeah, it should be a handful to drive it really fast.

Last I heard, SMS wanted to finish up the GP circuit and Nordschleife individually before working on combining them. It could be a post-release update, I suppose.

Last I heard, SMS wanted to finish up the GP circuit and Nordschleife individually before working on combining them. It could be a post-release update, I suppose.
ah that's ok i can gladly wait for that post-release update let them take there time. no rush? right?

From what we heard from the devs recently:

"Our real race drivers tell us that it's better for slow/lapped cars to stay on the racing line, so that the driver that passes them does not have to guess where they will be."

Something along those lines, don't have exact quote. So basically the fact that cars stay on the line are based on feedback from Ben/Nic/etc. I found it surprising honestly, but I can't really say I have much racing experience

...So basically the fact that cars stay on the line are based on feedback from Ben/Nic/etc. I found it surprising honestly, but I can't really say I have much racing experience

It's always the best thing to stay on your line when being lapped.

Image what would've happened if the GTE car would've moved only one meter from its line:

Great video but I'm not sure what I think about him being able to use intermediate tires for basically the entire race on a bone dry track and was still setting fastest lap times at the end. Might as well just throw on intermediates for every race and you're good with whatever weather comes your way.

Great video but I'm not sure what I think about him being able to use intermediate tires for basically the entire race on a bone dry track and was still setting fastest lap times at the end. Might as well just throw on intermediates for every race and you're good with whatever weather comes your way.
I'm on it already, reported it on the WMD. Let's see what happens.

Not sure, but rain/intermediates are very soft (softer than soft slicks) compounds and the issue is not that they are not grippy in the dry, but that they overheat and literally melt eventually. That is exactly what has happened in the video. Tire wear set to "real" could very well allow for 10 laps on a fairly short track in a fairly light car before dropping off. I also don't know if he ran "good" lap times since we didn't see laptimes on racing slicks in the vid.

Not sure, but rain/intermediates are very soft (softer than soft slicks) compounds and the issue is not that they are not grippy in the dry, but that they overheat and literally melt eventually. That is exactly what has happened in the video. Tire wear set to "real" could very well allow for 10 laps on a fairly short track in a fairly light car before dropping off. I also don't know if he ran "good" lap times since we didn't see laptimes on racing slicks in the vid.

Except for the fact that his tires hit a certain temp and then didn't go up anymore from there. His front left pegged at 130 and never went higher. I would assume if you've reached a point where a tire can literally not get any hotter then that would be where the melting stage would be. Instead he ran half the race at that temp all the while lap times actually stayed the same or got faster.

Back