The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
Good to see another licensed track! If You look close at the track selection list... :D
That track list...
ivyo6EOESvW5u.gif

build 961 AI is at 80%. It looks pretty good!

Still can't get over the awesome background visuals at this track:eek::eek::eek: Nice touch with all the Arabic names on the leaderboard as well:tup:đź‘Ť

Last edited:
You mean we have to lift in cars with a manual transmission when changing gear? What happens if we don't? :confused:

It's just that one car, because the car doesn't have a rev limiter or auto-blip. It's something that the creators of the series wanted to exclude for the purpose of creating a series where the drivers actually have to learn to race, and learn mechanical sympathy.

It's just that one car, because the car doesn't have a rev limiter or auto-blip. It's something that the creators of the series wanted to exclude for the purpose of creating a series where the drivers actually have to learn to race, and learn mechanical sympathy.
However it one of my favourite cars to drive in the game.

Interesting feature...but I assume the guy in the video above disabled it? The gear changes happen way to fast for him to be rev matching manually.

You mean we have to lift in cars with a manual transmission when changing gear? What happens if we don't? :confused:

For your information the Formula Gulf FG1000 is equiped with a 'Suzuki 6-speed Sequential Transmission' which is operated with a manual clutch and sequential stick on the right hand side of the driver.
This is driven by a Suzuki 1000cc engine that generates 160bhp.

So that means you either operate the clutch or you have rev-match engine and gearbox. Which would mean lifting of the throttle, though I should have said rev-matching in the first place. Sorry about that.

The car has been developed closely with Formula Gulf and we have a community member who drives in the Formula Gulf. Plus, if I am not mistaken, they now use it for off-track training purposes.

Car info: http://fg1000.net/the-formula-gulf-1000-car/

(:scared:NINJA'D by the cookiemonster:scared:)

Edit:
Let me add that the Caterham R500 is basically the same. It's also a sequential gearbox with a manual operated clutch and a sequential stick. Although I think rev matching is a bit harder in the Caterham R500 than it is in the Formula Gulf FG1000.

Handling wise the cars are very different beasts of course. ;)

Last edited:
The car has been developed closely with Formula Gulf and we have a community member who drives in the Formula Gulf. Plus, if I am not mistaken, they now use it for off-track training purposes.

Car info: http://fg1000.net/the-formula-gulf-1000-car/
Thanks. Thought the Formula Gulf was a fictional car.
Do you guys know if the final game will have proper gear change animations? I remember watching a clip of a car with a manual transmission with no animations, and the Formula Gulf clip posted by kkdrummer doesn't have animations, either.

Thanks. Thought the Formula Gulf was a fictional car.
Do you guys know if the final game will have proper gear change animations? I remember watching a clip of a car with a manual transmission with no animations, and the Formula Gulf clip posted by kkdrummer doesn't have animations, either.

The FG should have animations, all cars should have proper shifting animations. Totally missed it for some reason. Put up a post for the devs to wake up to come monday morning.

If you ever find another odd video with no or wrong shift animations, feel free to nudge/pm me. :)

The FG should have animations, all cars should have proper shifting animations. Totally missed it for some reason. Put up a post for the devs to wake up to come monday morning.

If you ever find another odd video with no or wrong shift animations, feel free to nudge/pm me. :)
I've always thought the paddle shifting animation wasn't animating the paddles. I can see the hands/fingers move, but if you look at the paddle itself, it hardly seems to move. I know the movement would be fairly small, but it looks static to me. what do you think?

I've always thought the paddle shifting animation wasn't animating the paddles. I can see the hands/fingers move, but if you look at the paddle itself, it hardly seems to move. I know the movement would be fairly small, but it looks static to me. what do you think?
i noticed that too. it looks like it really needs fixing!

Just a quick video to show that carnage at the start of races, cars running into each other, cars using the run off, cars parked backwards on the track in front of you, packs of cars off pace, and more, isn't unknown:sly::

Just a quick video to show that carnage at the start of races, cars running into each other, cars using the run off, cars parked backwards on the track in front of you, packs of cars off pace, and more, isn't unknown:sly::

:lol: @ the cars casually facing the wrong way.

The chaos and carnage in pCARS at the start really don't bother me, as it adds a human touch. What's worrying me are the standing starts in the game. I've seen lots of clips where people would gain half a dozen positions against the AI. Really hope they get the balancing right for release. :nervous:

Back