The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
If you think the sound is off it's an error IMO. Bugs, glitches and errors, we got em' all.:sly: You might want to wait until the game is out and hear it on your own system rather than YT's compressed, stereo sample, but I have a feeling the BG&E thread is going get pretty busy:scared:
It's definitely not a bass or eq issue. Its simply not a 4 cylinder sample.

It's definitely not a bass or eq issue. Its simply not a 4 cylinder sample.
I didn't listen to it, but either way, I created the thread to try and get all the issues into one place so it's easier for the WMD guys and maybe someone from SMS to find all the issues. We have a unique opportunity here, an avenue open for direct contact, I suggest everyone use it, rather than just posting random complaints all over the place. Just a suggestion though, not trying to force anyone to do anything;)

I didn't listen to it, but either way, I created the thread to try and get all the issues into one place so it's easier for the WMD guys and maybe someone from SMS to find all the issues. We have a unique opportunity here, an avenue open for direct contact, I suggest everyone use it, rather than just posting random complaints all over the place. Just a suggestion though, not trying to force anyone to do anything;)
No I really want to get some of the sounds cleaned up, good of you to encourage.

I'll make a dedicated post for it soon, perhaps after release for fairness

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. :)

No, you've got the right thread. It's just amazing that some others can't seem to read the 5 very simple words in the thread title.

This is the Project Cars video thread. That means it should have videos from the Project Cars game. Not pictures of Jenson. Not real life videos. And certainly no pictures of any other kind...

The huayra is one of the best samples in the game. The two I find really off are the radical and gt40.

I would argue that accuracy is much more important than sounding nice.

It's exaggerated and it's missing all the effects during braking - that's one of the best ? That's for onboard - which is ok.

Also as I said - not always but it happens to hear the samples simply cut off like in music player.

The chase cam though - just plain weird. The things you can hear in chase cam - those oscillating waves - nowhere in real life you can witness that.

Accuracy...

They need to sell the game and THEN tweak the sound for more accuracy. That is IF they will even bother if no one will complain.

Those who buy the game and generate the word of mouth are NOT counting the cylinders - sounds good = tell the friend to buy it. Sounds bad (but correct amount of cylinders) = tell the friend to skip it.

What makes better first impression ? A car in GT6 with a correct sound for this engine type but you'd rather listen to some music because apart from being "correct" it makes your ear bleed OR slightly off sound in PC that is pleasant and enhances the game experience ?

Obviously we need balance as in everything - pleasant but extremely inaccurate sound would be quite bad as well. This is isn't the case in PC though.

We are discussing what's in the videos - sound is a part of that. Next someone will - for example - post a video of AI doing an overtake and we will comment on that.

Yes - it's a video thread. That doesn't mean the discussion about contents of said videos is prohibited.

The point is we don't need pages of ranting about how the engine sounds aren't perfect or to someone's liking. There are also trees in the videos, so are we going to have a 3 page discussion about the trees not looking perfect? If you can use the excuse that sound is in the videos so you can discuss anything about sounds here to your heart's content, you could say anything in the game is in the videos, so it can be discussed here, and suddenly this becomes the general thread and will be full of hundreds of pages of rants.

There's a whinging thread and a bug and error thread. This one's for videos.

Back