The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
Looks like it will take some serious work or miracle to get a racing game on a console with night and weather, to run a solid 60fps.

Serious work alone wont do. As you can see, after 3.5 years of serious work there are still occasional dips below 60 fps. Overall, it looks better and performs abotu 10fps on avg. better than on my gaming notebook which cost me 1700€ two years ago. Amazing feat, if you ask me.

also, it looks like there is indeed a performance increase if you turn the visual effects down. at least a few FPS gained without them:

Looking at the screenshots the game does look much nicer with effects on though but well done to SMS for including the option. Im going to be a sucker for those nicer graphics :)

i''m not complaining, just putting the links out there for all to see. i think it looks fantastic
Nah I understand dat, I was saying that about some of the other people who were complaining. I'm in complete agreement, it looks absolutely epic! :D

Looking at the screenshots the game does look much nicer with effects on though but well done to SMS for including the option. Im going to be a sucker for those nicer graphics though :)
DF say in the write up that the dips are no real reason to disable the lovely visual effects. averages at 2fps difference only

I'm a little bit worried about the AI, in this video at the Formula A race around Monaco one of the AI drove backwards around the circuit.. I don't know if that is the finished build or not

I'm a little bit worried about the AI, in this video at the Formula A race around Monaco one of the AI drove backwards around the circuit.. I don't know if that is the finished build or not

I have noticed that too. Not sure if that is only a problem on consoles, or a common problem with this game. I have seen the AI driving randomly off the track quite a few times.

We go with the last video of Project CARS before launch tomorrow. Project CARS gameplay with graphics on ultra. The video is a lap at the "green hell", Nürburgring Nordschleife, with the Audi R8 LMS Ultra.

You're videos are brilliant, i always use them as a benchmark and show friends who were once unaware of Pcars.

Seems waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to get spun! Like the cars have very little weight.

I guess you never tried iRacing or rFactor then. The 5000 ton Red Pig Merc feels really heavy in any sceneario, shifting inertia as well as load/unload of each tire can be felt really well in PCars (with a proper FFB Wheel). Driving the Formula Rookie totally simulates what a difference it makes to drive a lightweigt single seater.

No but after 30 years of watching motorsport i do know that the slightest little bump does not send you off into a spin.

It's not about trusting anyone.
I only skimmed through the video and saw a couple of spins, both deserved. Which particular spins are you referring to? Note also that around 9:20 he says, "forget about everything you've seen so far, I had unconfigured wheel settings which made me drive absolutely terribly"...or words to that effect.

yes, night races in the rain look like they're taking their toll, but i'm sure i'll find the PS4 version more than acceptable after having played 30fps Driveclub for months.

also, it looks like there is indeed a performance increase if you turn the visual effects down. at least a few FPS gained without them:

yeah, still the Xbox One has got some better textures and no blur, but frame rate is king.

There is an interesting thing he mentioned at 1:24: On the second Mulsanne straight you have to cross the crown of the road at a certain point because if you do otherwise, you will damage the bottom of your car over the course of 24 hours. Is this little detail also present in Project CARS? I know this is just a very small thing but if it still is in-game, it would be even more awesome. :D

There is an interesting thing he mentioned at 1:24: On the second Mulsanne straight you have to cross the crown of the road at a certain point because if you do otherwise, you will damage the bottom of your car over the course of 24 hours. Is this little detail also present in Project CARS? I know this is just a very small thing but if it still is in-game, it would be even more awesome. :D
No, it's just a fan made video taken from an interview with Allan McNich seen here:

No, it's just a fan made video taken from an interview with Allan McNich seen here:

I know it is not the original video, but the things he talks about stay the same.
So the game is not THAT detailled? Nothing bad about that as it really is just a very small detail. But would make the game even more realistic and awesome. ;)

Back