The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,754,509 views
Mmmm. All the ones I've read are, although ButterScotch Sundae has some really good shipping stories that have some clever comedy, I simply can't access her clopfics due to age...thankfully.

I may not have a DA account (yet), but I did find and read one of Buttersc0tchSundae's clopfics back in June. I don't remember many of the details of that fic, but I can definitely say that I haven't read any other shipping stories as graphic as that one since, and I don't intend to read any other shipping fics which have a similar amount graphic content any time soon.


I agree that some of her shipping/comedy stories are well written though. The Party Hasn't Ended was great to read and Luna's Socks was pretty entertaining as well.

And I finished that pic: [Link]
(Proportion sucks, but I plan to improve.)

You're right about the fact that the proportions are off (legs, head, and body), but that drawing is an improvement over your first sketches. Just keep making more drafts and you should improve further over time.




Also, two words:
46575%252520-%252520applejack%252520artist%252520fiarel%252520badass%252520badass.png


🤬 badass!
 
My friend just got 2 of those Comicon pony posters and he got the second one for my Birthday. They're both 32" x 23".
Yaaaay.gif
 
Alternative realities with Ménage à trois=Until Gravekeeper updates.

Still holding out for that RariShy Pie in The Ballad, eh?
As a bonus, that trifecta has one of each pony species--diversity, awww yeeeah.

Also, comic, Jhon Joseco's turn today:
north_star_dwells_by_johnjoseco-d46jaul.jpg

(*Chuckles*)

Better yet, it's a series, not just a single comic!

Happy Birthday Gravekeeper!

Surprise!
rafale_by_unitoone-d46vm6s.png

source

Hey, unit-one...
131291972764.jpg


Thanks for that, dude! Also, DEM SOCKS. BRUTAL.
Dethklok---Troll.gif


It's Gravekeeper's birthday? Happy Birthday!
Thank you! I was planning on TF2rbating to celebrate, but of course, I've already got a couple of friends coming over to kidnap me and take me out to dinner :D

Happy birthday to the master of Twixin'.

Flattery will get you everywhere, good sir. Thanks :D

And Birthday drinks for Gravekeeper (Friendship Lubricant perhaps?)

I'm not much of a drinker 'cause I don't like sweet, fruity drinks or beer, but I've always, always loved wine. Lucky for you I'm a pretty cheap drinker! Doña Paula Los Cardos, Cabernet Sauvignon, perhaps accompanying some delicious home-made pizza. *Is suddenly hungry*

I think that making a crossover was the main problem. Now I've accidentally alienated most non-Halo fans, the hardcore Halo fans hate it because they don't like changes to their canon, hardcore bronies hate it because it involves ponies at war. Basically the few people that do like it are non-Halo fans that gave it a chance and enjoyed it, and those eight year olds that got Halo 3 with their 360 and keep demanding I add in Master Chief.

Haters drinking haterade, eh? Not much you can do about 'em but to keep on writing what you like--though hardcore bronies... That sounds hilarious XD


When%252520She%252520Returns.png

Aaaaaaawwww yeaah.

Well happy birthday to me! That's just awesome right there.

A guy asked me to review his clopfic, and it is horrifically bad, it's actually fairly entertaining in its terrible grammar and shallow plot.

Man, I don't know what I'd do if someone went and asked me to that... You're a real trooper :lol:

Oh, and someone said something about it being Gravekeepers birthday?
If so, happy birthday.

Thank you sir, and I do believe I was absent yesterday for your celebration, so Happy Birthday right back at'cha!


Also our birthday brony is trudging through the pages he's missed. Is he tanked on Friendship Lubricant? \/

You are correct sir, at least on the trudging; I'm not even remotely tanked yet. (I've got good tolerance for a non-alcoholic :lol:)

Apart from that, Happy birthday Gravekeeper, have some Pinkie filly:

(Completely unrelated birthday pic, but awesome.)[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A-[I]ha![/I] But who better to celebrate a birthday with than with the mistress of ceremonies herself? Thanks man :D[/COLOR]
 
I may not have a DA account (yet), but I did find and read one of Buttersc0tchSundae's clopfics back in June. I don't remember many of the details of that fic, but I can definitely say that I haven't read any other shipping stories as graphic as that one since, and I don't intend to read any other shipping fics which have a similar amount graphic content any time soon.


I agree that some of her shipping/comedy stories are well written though. The Party Hasn't Ended was great to read and Luna's Socks was pretty entertaining as well.
The thing about Buttersc0tch's stories is that they are better (at least from the several I've read on both sides of the line) when she reigns stuff in rather than when she goes all out.


And I'm not even talking in terms of "oh, such filth is horrible" or anything like that (because, while its far from my cup of tea, I don't really care). I'm speaking that objectively her writing is better when she holds herself back, because she seems to be a lot more clever regarding how she tells the story when she does.


Well happy birthday to me! That's just awesome right there.
Here's the full size one (Oh lawd, the language!).
 
Last edited:
Wanted story, and the only thing I got was sequels and chapters, sequels and chapter everywhere, not a single 2-3 chapters story(except for one that isn't interesting).

So lurking by ED, I found an Octavia game, might be good?, might it just be a quick online demo for Rockband?, well I'm about to find out.
(is more like a composer, pretty interesting, but I hate that "pp" sound)

(*Finds out, cannot be bother in reading Macintosh yet, not in the mood*)

Toronado, don't bother, is a Cello after all.
 
Last edited:
I'm not much of a drinker 'cause I don't like sweet, fruity drinks or beer, but I've always, always loved wine. Lucky for you I'm a pretty cheap drinker! Doña Paula Los Cardos, Cabernet Sauvignon, perhaps accompanying some delicious home-made pizza. *Is suddenly hungry*

I don't normally drink Wine, and I very rarely drink the red kind. I'll just stick to Guinness, Jägermeister and best of all, refreshing Irish Cider (Twilight and AJ would approve of the last two drinks respectively).

The thing about Buttersc0tch's stories is that they are better (at least from the several I've read on both sides of the line) when she reigns stuff in rather than when she goes all out.

Oh, most definitely. Her more conservative shipping fanfics do seem to be better than the stories which go all out.


And after a quick look on Ponibooru, I found a coloured version of the Twlight/whipped cream drawing that was featured in Drawfriends the other day.



G'night everypony:
39240%252520-%252520book%252520cute%252520daww%252520twilight_sparkle.jpg
 
>Logs on.
>2 PMs
>unit-one got his ideas rolling.

That's great. Good luck with it.
>Catches up with thread.
>Gravekeeper's birthday.

Happy birthday! :cheers:
>akiraacecombat complains about Cupcakes' sequels.
Cupcakes is a cheater base for fics, IMO. I, without any experience in writing, am perfectly capable to pull one out of my butt in about an hour.
>CoffeeGrunt reads a clopfic as a favor, agrees just for kicks.
36636%25252520-%25252520filly%25252520image_macro%25252520twilight_sparkle.png
 
Last edited:
My heart skipped a beat when I clicked on the Picasa link to find this:
Capture.PNG


It's still up, but for some reason I had to sign into it, enter a confirmation code, and now it works normally again for me.

I always wondered how I'd feel if one day I clicked the link and the gallery was gone.....and now I know. Do you happen to have backups on your computer just in case, Toro?
I think I might make some of my own anyway.

EDIT: And that choice for the Google background, I love it.

Anyway, I've got to head up to Ft. Meade at 6AM tomorrow, so I have to get up around 4 so I'm ready to leave at 5. I'll probably stay on another half hour.
 
I was actually about to have a coronary about that. I checked and that popped up, and I refreshed and it was gone.

I always wondered how I'd feel if one day I clicked the link and the gallery was gone.....and now I know. Do you happen to have backups on your computer just in case, Toro?
95% of the stuff in the gallery is on my PS3. The only exception is the GIFs folder, of which I only have a handful of images from it.

EDIT: And that choice for the Google background, I love it.
Indeed. I saw something similar on Ponibooru and I was like, "Pfft, I can do better than that."





And after a quick look on Ponibooru, I found a coloured version of the Twlight/whipped cream drawing that was featured in Drawfriends the other day.
Eh....png
 
Yeah, it said something about strange activity on the account, so I wasn't sure. I had it send a verification code to my phone, entered that and I think that might be what fixed it.

That or it was just a glitch, but I'm not entirely sure.


EDIT:
story_of_blanks_by_slightly_stratus-d46e1bz.gif


At first I was all
smiley-love016.gif


But then I was all
smiley-scared001.gif



EDIT: I have every single image from the gallery currently in the right folders on my hard drive. So if something happens it's just a simple matter of creating the album, and then dragging the entire folder into it all at once.

And my "MyLittlePony" Library now wieghs in at 21GB.
Including all of the episodes in phone resolution, and 1080P. As well as all of those pictures from the gallery, and all of the music I've seen.

Anyway, I've got to get up early, so g'night everypony.
 
Last edited:
I think I'm gonna head to bed too.


*Heart of Gold updates*


Or... not.
 
Dammit. I got about 3 pages in before my eyes started folding in on themselves. Plus, another story that I follow updated like ten minutes afterwards.

Head%252520Meet%252520Piano.gif



Screw it. I'll burn through them both in the morning.


Good Night:
Dreaming%252520of%252520Apples.jpg




Edit: Bonus Pre-Sleep... Thing.

That thing makes me feel, like, 4 different emotions at once.
 
Last edited:
Its time:

Princess Celestia:

As you might noticed, Princess Celestia is a character that fascinates me for two reasons, the first one will be her background story and her position, and the second one will be her personality, something that I found really Interesting.

There are several factors that should be consider from Celestia, the first one will be he status among the other existing ponies that lives under her rule, the second one will be her background story and past events, and the third one would be her age and experience, Celestia lived by 1000 years, probably even more, this makes her very aware of the different events and multiple outcomes of these events, but such knowledge will make her feel tiredness of experiencing the same situations multiple times, this will converge in a status of constant boredom.

Boredom is a critical consideration in Celestia's personality, after all, this status is what impulses her to make actions that qualify her as Troll, but is not the trolling what she does, is more like planned situations, unlike other ponies, she wants to stay away from the spotlight, and she wants to see how events develop given certain circumstances, which is diverted in some sort of entertainment, everyone's entertainment apparently, she can be consider as the architect, the planner or just simply the designer of the situation, which is created for her entertainment, this is shown in episodes like The Ticket Master, A bird on the Hoof(Philomena acts as a reflection of Celestia's personality), and of course The Grand Galloping Gala.

And then, there is also the Luna incident, which portraits two aspects of her, the first one would be an assurance of the skill she has, and the second will be the outcome of the decisions she makes, her decision of banishing her sister to the moon is open to interpretation, there is no record of dead in MLP universe and there is also no record of Nightmare moon's motivations that caused her to be banish, if such events were clearer, then more aspects of Celestia will came out to the spotlight.

There is another aspect that should be address, the actions that she will probably take after seeing one of her plans fail, the reactions to such situation is unknown, but knowing this reaction will provide a clearer view of the real Celestia.

I always wondered how the fact of always being correct creates an status of non-existing corrections, that will be something that should be worth of seeing, since this kind of personality is rarely corrected, due to the pre assumptions created by the image, is really fascinating to see how one of these individuals will be corrected in an environment of equals.

That will be an answer that I'll be looking forward to see in the upcoming time.

Yep, pretty massive, and pretty pointless isn't it.

I fell kind of funny today, I just felt like I wasted a lot of time attempting something that was interrupted by something from an unexpected precedence, but still expected within the potential considerations, I guess that "importance" is underrated, maybe I should write a letter to princess Celestia about it, and tell her how The Party was ruined.

However a new Party might come just around the corner.

Anyway, time to sleep:
sleeping_rarity_by_mellowbloom-d3hio88.png

Goodnight everyone.
 
So I learned that when you wake up at 4AM with less than 6hours of sleep, driving while listening to winter wrap up-bass cover is a good way to get yourself feeling more energetic. So friendship is a good cure for being tired.

That or it was the high concentration of "friendship" in that monster energy extra strength. But Im going with the magic of actual friendship.



EDIT: Well todays was stressful as all :censored:ing hell.

Maybe watching some ponies will help.
 
Last edited:
So I learned that when you wake up at 4AM with less than 6hours of sleep, driving while listening to winter wrap up-bass cover is a good way to get yourself feeling more energetic. So friendship is a good cure for being tired.

Less than 6 hours of sleep? Welcome to my world, although I would get more sleep if I stop staying awake until 3AM every night.


Anyway, I feel like choosing a random fanfic to read. I think I'll go with....Writer's Block, seeing as there is only one part, plus I don't feel like starting another multi-part fanfic series at the moment.



And this thread seems exceedingly quite today, where is everypony?
 
Last edited:
Yeah, about that last edit to my previous post.

This comic suddenly made me feel really, really happy. It has no words but it's still really touching.

EDIT: And This one made me feel even better. There's so much happy today.
 
Landslide responses, I started to glaze over after the first page. XD

Thank you! I was planning on TF2rbating to celebrate, but of course, I've already got a couple of friends coming over to kidnap me and take me out to dinner

How romantic, I hope you enjoyed it. :P

I wouldn't have been able to join you anyway, at least, not until Saturday. Saturday night I plan on doing a fair bit of TF2, since I don't have work sunday 'n' all.

Haters drinking haterade, eh? Not much you can do about 'em but to keep on writing what you like--though hardcore bronies... That sounds hilarious XD

The sorta people that post this:
I hear about this story ALL THE TIME, so it's time I read it!

I'm finding myself really confounded by Twilight's attitude towards Trixie at the beginning. First a lingering sense of responsibility -- that I get -- but then worry and finally anger? What?

What?

What? I'm so not buying this. So Twilight's been secretly in love with Trixie ever since she ran out of Ponyville? Heck no at all. If not for the praise I've heard about this story and that seal of approval up there, I'd have stopped reading before the end of chapter 2. Just... the amount of injokes and fanservice! The telegraphing! I'd rather read about the Cutie Mark Crusader dragon slayers.

I can't finish this. Maybe it's the hype, maybe I had some weird expectations coming into this, but it's just not doing anything for me. I expected a little more finesse, I suppose.

I.e., asshats. Although I've got a sudden little surge of positive reviews, turns out there's a fair few repeat customers. Mostly non-Halo fans funnily enough. XD

Man, I don't know what I'd do if someone went and asked me to that... You're a real trooper
>CoffeeGrunt reads a clopfic as a favor, agrees just for kicks.

I was just helping Unit with something, and felt in an editorial mood. So I took the chance to review a clopfic I knew would be terrible, yet it exceeded all my expectations in the failed writing field.

Paragraphs were about three times as long as the length I'm used to writing. Dialogue wasn't split to different lines for different characters, etc, etc.

I'm thinking I might redraw Sharps a bit better, then tried a ponified Dr Halsey. I know what colour scheme'd suit her, just gotta get round to drawing a clothed pony for once.
 
@Coffe.

Yeah, I linked to that in my other post because it's massive.


Oh noes the episodes on one channel were pulled from YouTube.....EVERYBODY PANIC
smiley-scared002.gif



Because this same thing totally didn't happen a few months ago.


But if it does turn out to be Hasbro leading up to a Blu-Ray release, I will no longer respect them as a company, but I will buy the Blu-Ray's.
That said, I respect them now, and I highly doubt they would do anything to upset the fanbase.
 
Third reminder of A Precious Rainbow, maybe this will cheer me up:

131368725035.png


Or probably this, in any case, ponynet is bigger than ED.

You gotta share, you gotta care...

Speaking of which, new Beatles lyrics MLP style, and no, there isn't A little help from my Friends, that one probably fitted perfectly.
 
I am like, so conflicted. A certain... character is marching up my list of late, which is confusing me because I like the logical fanwank expansions of the character but don't like the canon one.


And its different from Trixie, because I like Trixie anyways.
 
^As long as it's not Gilda, Silver, or Diamond, it's fine. But out of curiosity, who(who who?) is it?


Oh, and this is still the greatest PMV of all time.


Just because of the amount of effort that had to go into it.


Oh, and this is amazing.
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-youve-done-it-now-pinkie.jpg


And so is this:
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-big-mac-of-the-hill.jpg
 
Last edited:
^As long as it's not Gilda, Silver, or Diamond, it's fine. But out of curiosity, who(who who?) is it?

I think that he wants us to find out that, or maybe is a comment out in the air.

Still, is no brainier, is just down to check the stories he previously mention, and then you get the answer.

And I sort of like this style:
130746998287.png
 
Back