The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,755,292 views
i'm a furry and this thread is relevant to my interests

god these mlps are so hot.
 
The hay?
I don't have a problem with furries (If you like to show up at conventions dressed as Tiger Tony, good for you.), but that is the single most wicked comment in this thread.

*Sees avatar*

Forget it.

1298946494166.jpg



EDIT: GTP needs this too.

Before.png

Suddenly.png

After.png


:D

(Advertisement not intended. :))
 
Last edited:
^That is amazing.


Also, I'm still thinking about how I should word a comment about Macintosh on the story itself. I'll probably wait until later tonight, because I just woke up and I'm not really sure what I want to say yet.

I mean, with that comment I made right after finishing, that's the first time anything like that has ever happened to me. I almost always have to think ahead of what I'm typing, but with that comment I was typing the words faster then I was consciously thinking of them.



Anyway, this is 🤬 badass.
lunatic_by_recycletiger-d473vdc.png





Oh, and Racedude, the idea of a pony theme on GTP is something I was thinking of back in June.
I actually did a quick shop back then to see what it might look like.
Capture.PNG


I want this to be real....so badly.
47312+-+Equestria_Daily+future+the_future.png

"Trixie is already up waking the kids":lol:


Ok, last picture in this post because it's getting a bit big.
This brings back so many childhood memories......
46676+-+Courage_the_Cowardly_Dog+Freaky_Fred+artist+dachimotsu+crossover+freaky_snips+snips.png

....unfortunately.


EDIT:
There are a lot of new names in that active viewers list.
Come on....post....you know you want to.
 
Last edited:
"Trixie is already up waking the kids"

Also, 14 seasons? I reckon that Daniel Ingram's music back catalog would be huge by then, and just over 355 million page views by 2024 seems a bit low to me. At least Cereal's portal will be online, hopefully by then I will have enough money saved up to take a shuttle to the Moon and enter said portal to Equestria :lol:



And have you ever wondered what each of the Mane 6 would do if they were given the chance to solve a Rubik's Cube?
47567%20-%20artist%3AKTurtle%20comic%20rarity%20rubik%27s_cube%20rubiks_cube.jpg
47568%20-%20artist%3AKTurtle%20comic%20rubik%27s_cube%20rubix_cube%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

47570%20-%20artist%3AKTurtle%20comic%20fluttershy%20rubik%27s_cube%20rubiks_cube.jpg
47569%20-%20artist%3AKTurtle%20comic%20rainbow_dash%20rubik%27s_cube%20rubiks_cube.jpg

47565%20-%20applejack%20artist%3AKTurtle%20comic%20rubik%27s_cube%20rubiks_cube.jpg
47578%20-%20artist%3AKTurtle%20comic%20pinkie_pie%20rubiks_cube.jpg

Honestly, I would probably end up doing the same thing as Applejack.
 
^I actually do each of those depending on my mood.
Well, aside from Pinkies option, and I've only done Rainbow Dash's idea once.


For the Fluttershy thing, I found one laying on a desk, turned it a few time and just happened to get it right. I quickly scrambled it again and put it back on the desk before the person got back.

And yes, I have whipped out some algorithmic equations and other various large words to solve them.
















a_hop_skip_and_jump_gif_by_ganton3-d472ztm.gif
 
One morning...

first_wish_by_csimadmax-d476ntl.png


...and then she took over the world...
 
Shapes and the whole pony form looks a bit different, maybe some proportion tweaks judging from the Twilight pic, but I do like those new proportions and shapes, they look nicer.

47784%20-%20season_2%20twilight_sparkle.png


To me, Twilight's proportions don't look as though they've been altered much, if at all. There isn't anything which suggests that the animators decided to make changes to the appearance of each character for season 2, plus those animation shots don't give too much away in terms of the character design, so it's hard to tell if any changes have been made. I don't really expect the charaters to look any different than they were in the first season.


And another shot showing the transition between two scenes indicates that it's night time:
47807%20-%20season_2%20twilight_sparkle.png





Also, the fact that it starts in the US this Autumn means that there might only be about a months or 2 left to wait, so a December start date for season 2 doesn't look likely.
 
>go to work with crappy connection.
>season 2 previews released.

Yeah, my timing is just fantastic.:grumpy:

On the plus side, I've got something to look forward to when I get home.

Oh, and I actually started getting watery eyes while I was taking a quick break and thinking about Macintosh, and I almost shed a tear infront of the people I work with.

So yeah, this will give me something to think about that wont make me cry in public.


I said the words "cry in public" and then started thinking about the moment Mac and Fluttershy realized they had met when they were young, and the tears are flowwing. Luckily I'm on break and have tinted windows. Unfortunately those tears are mixing with the sweat because its hot as hell here.
 
Last edited:
Season 2 is near?

^ Awesome!


BronyCray
August 20th: School starts in 5 days, but I'll have chapter 15 up before that. At the time of writing this, I've just finished writing it and now need to edit/tune it. It should be another day or two before it goes up here, and another day or two before it gets through EqD's update queue

^ Awesome!

i_go_by_kasun05-d476uyy.png


^ Awesome!

20 years of independence today?
estonia%252520dash.JPG


^ Awesome!
 
Last edited:

I get the feeling there is an interesting back-story concerning what's going on in that image, plus my mind has been blown.




Remember how Pinkie Pie solved the Rubik's Cube in that comic I posted earlier? Well:
47829%20-%20artist%3AKTurtle%20comic%20rubik%27s_cube%20rubix_cube%20spike.jpg
 
^ Those Rubik's Cube comics are ...yup, they are Awesome!:lol:
 
47784%20-%20season_2%20twilight_sparkle.png


To me, Twilight's proportions don't look as though they've been altered much, if at all. There isn't anything which suggests that the animators decided to make changes to the appearance of each character for season 2, plus those animation shots don't give too much away in terms of the character design, so it's hard to tell if any changes have been made. I don't really expect the charaters to look any different than they were in the first season.

There is a slight change in the body proportion(very subtle, almost unnoticeable, but is there), and it is the head proportion to the body, it has been tweak out a bit so it can look aesthetically correct.

Also, the fact that it starts in the US this Autumn means that there might only be about a months or 2 left to wait, so a December start date for season 2 doesn't look likely.

I know, I'm guessing end-September or early-October, and it seems that its going to be awesome.

And it seems that Twilight is at the library on that capture.




Dumb disturbing pic, who the hell?
Not here obviously, but what the hell?
 
Last edited:
I shudder at the thought of what having a PSP during school is going to mean for me this semester.


Story report to follow in a little bit, as soon as I'm done posting comments on the story pages themselves..
 
That Hub Comercial, at 16 seconds.....Brainbro Dash?
Seriously, that brain looks like RD's Cutie mark.

Anyway, I just spent the last 6 hours working my ass off, so I might wait a bit before actually leaving a comment on Macintosh.
 
That You Might Live

Guilt, Interesting approach.

At least is coherent with Luna's feelings and reactions. An act of self sacrifice to sort her self demons, its probably close to what really happened to Luna, in a coherent, yet over dramatic way.

However, there is more into it, more than I initially conceive.

And then comic, dammit.
 
Last edited:
That You Might Live

Guilt, Interesting approach.

At least is coherent with Luna's feelings and reactions. An act of self sacrifice to sort her self demons, its probably close to what really happened to Luna, in a coherent, yet over dramatic way.
Eh. Kinda "meh," actually. I can certainly see why it would work, and its certainly structured in a way that should cause MAXIMUM SAD, but it didn't really click with me.

I suppose it didn't help that I sorta guessed what had happened (the result, if not the reasoning) quite a while before the reveal, so when it actually came up there was no gut-punch like I think was intended.




Confessions and Considerations updated? yayness.
 
Yeah, I didn't intend for this to come out nearly as long as it is.
Me(MintBronyCrunch on ED)
I'm not entirely sure how to word this, so I'll just start off saying thank you for such an amazing story.

I have never cried this much, for any reason, but this story made me cry more than ever; for every reason a person would cry. Whether it was tears of joy, tears of laughter, or tears of sorrow, I had a lot of them. More than I would've ever thought possible from anything outside of my own personal life.

I can relate to Big Macintosh in almost every way. Everything I did, I buried myself in it to keep social contact to a minimum. I would almost always try to avoid any situation involving more than the people already close to me. Even if it meant missing out on something, I would try to avoid it if it involved any real social interaction. In that respect, I think this story actually might have saved me from myself. Seeing another(yes, even a pony) going through what I was going through, and then overcoming it like this inspired me to do the same. I never had expectations of things going as well for me as they did for him, but the way his life just turned around like that made me feel like I was missing out on more than I thought. Everyone always told me I should get out more, and there was more to life than staying at home, but their words never meant as much to me because they couldn't relate to what I was feeling. But this story was different. I never had the rough childhood, and both of my parents are alive and well, but in every way other than that(and physical strength, and awesome accent), I can easily imagine myself as him. If it weren't for this story I might never have taken a chance and gone for what I wanted with my life.

I've read fan-fiction that made me cry before, but nothing I couldn't hold in when I wanted to, but even when I was tired, sweaty, and frustrated after a long day at work, I could pick a moment from this story, think about it, and it feels like everything is better, and I can just smile through the crap.

And on to the writing, it was just brilliant. The fact that almost everything, had a noticeable effect was amazing. I mean, even the tinniest details could eventually have an effect many chapters after they show up, and I just love that in a story. All of the characters were believable, the descriptions were detailed enough to let my mind form a good mental image without overdoing it. And it just had that perfect, and I mean perfect, mix of comedy, sad(really, really sad) stuff, and amazingly deep uplifting stuff. Everything about this story was as good as can be to me.

There's more I want to say, but I feel like I should stop with what I told some people on a forum who were also reading it. This story means so much to me, and has effected me in such a way, that it doesn't just deserve a spot on my top fan-fic list, or in the forefront of my mind, but it deserves a special place in my heart.

I did not mean for this to come out nearly as sappy as it was, but it's how I feel, so the words just kind of flowed, anyway, thank you for such an amazing story, and sorry for the gigantic comment.
EDIT: Holy 🤬, I figured maybe the ED Comment box made it look like it was longer than I thought, but looking at it here.....damn that's a big comment. Glad I stopped myself before it was too late.
EDIT: That took almost an hour to write, proofread, edit, proofread again, and edit again, before a final proofread before posting it.


I could've kept going, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to stop if I went on any longer. I'd rather not post a multi-page summary of how the story affected my life, and how much I could relate to it.

EDIT:
And the award for the most badass name goes to.....
Capture.PNG

It was awesome to begin with, but now he's got a pony to go along with it.
 
Last edited:
Let me compared word counts...



Eh, close enough.

:lol:









I actually read one today that I liked quite a bit for how similar the characterization Big Mac had to what he had in Macintosh, but it was actually Derpy story rather than one focused on him (or, well, it was a Derpy story where she was focused on him).







Edit: Someone on another forum said that she relates most to Twilight. My response (admittedly as a joke) was to link this video.


I'm so awful
 
Last edited:
I might have missed something, but what does that have to do with Twilight?
I do love some Robot Chicken though.


Capture.PNG




Capture2.PNG
 
Last edited:
You gonna take up stalking now, Pinkie Pie Style?








I legitimately didn't see this the first time, so sue me:

EDIT: That took almost an hour to write, proofread, edit, proofread again, and edit again, before a final proofread before posting it.

An hour? Impressive, but, as an example, this one took me almost double that (including the time spent when I found out I had dramatically exceeded the character count and had to start chopping stuff out). You have much to learn, my young Padawan.
>implying such obsession is something to be proud of.




Of course, I still made a couple grammar screwups. Aargh.










One interesting thing to note: Since I became a Brony, I am swearing considerably more than I used to. Curious.



I might have missed something, but what does that have to do with Twilight?
She relates most to Twilight, so I called her a nerd. It was just a mean joke that I attempted to soften by apologizing because "It was the Trixie in me."
 
Last edited:
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-poor-dashie.jpg


Silly Brony, RD has a pet chicken.


Also, I'd take up stalking, but I have no idea where she currently lives, and if I were going to stalk anyone, it'd be Tara strong. She practically is the voice of my childhood.....I mean....no that's just creepy.
 
Last edited:
*Checks drawfriends, sees this*

47858+-+artist+negativefox+celestia+food+luna+morning_ponies+sisters.jpg


*Nosebleeds, "That was good, but I don't think you got something better"*

Image 2

*Massive nosebleed, "give me all you got drawfriends, you wont take me down, ARRRGGGGGGG!!!!!*

Image 3

*Massive bleeding, lasts words:Tell my wife that Rarity...s...th....b.st.....po.y....ev........*
*faints*
 
One interesting thing to note: Since I became a Brony, I am swearing considerably more than I used to. Curious.

I've been using the censored smiley alot more than I used to since becoming a Brony, but in reality I swear far too often. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Image 3

*Massive bleeding, lasts words:Tell my wife that Rarity...s...th....b.st.....po.y....ev........*
*faints*

Denial.jpg
 
Back