The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,759,594 views
Congratulations Dylans1o!



For all the artists out there, someone is trying to determine the most popular pony based on Deviant Art galleries. You can find it here!

pany_race_by_unitoone-d47c08h.jpg

Looks like I have the most pictures of RD.
 
There are two options at the end, keep going or give up, kill yourself or stay alive in a miserable life(which at the end are the same, at least for me), is that the response you wanted Toronado?
No, I got that.

Though I think it was more dreams vs. responsibilities than burn out vs. fade away.



I'll admit, the Hallucinogenic mind:censored: involving that non-existent green pony weirded me out a bit, but hey, that's what happens when you use Class-A drugs.
That's the thing that gets me. It more-or-less made perfect sense to me at first, but as I thought about it something didn't feel right about that.


Then I thought back to the previous two scenes with the green Pony (first night and lunch break the next day), and it almost seems to me that those two weren't hallucinations, and that only the second night was.

Thus me probably overthinking everything and basically confusing myself.


Then something else came to me while I was trying to think about that:

He.
Him.
His.
I realized that the dialogue changes in tone around the second half of the story, and that:

Crossfade is just as likely to be a girl as a dude (initial dialogue made it out that it was a dude, later dialogue flipped the situation on its head), and the green pony also (albeit it seemingly far less ambiguous than Crossfade's gender) may be a dude (whether it ever existed or not).

I was going along fine with the story trying to think through my interpretation from up above, but when I realized that my brain basically locked up. Couldn't handle both of those reveals at the same time.
 
J just saw a Ford GT :D

The reason I mention the here is because the sun reflected off of the rear quarter as it was turning into the parking lot. I thought they had Twilight's cutie mark....I was dissapoint. But I now know what I'm doing for Twilight's car. Not because it's the most powerful or anything, but because its super sexy.



EDIT: Maybe I should have chosen my words a bit more carefully. I just realized I implied Twilight is "super sexy"......
 
Worst. Weekend. Ever.

Trip to the pub on Saturday got cancelled because noone could be bothered to go, then best of all, bloody internet's gone for the weekend since friday.

I've had 0 pony since thursday...I never knew pain like it. Also since my internet's gone at the house my gaming PCs at, I can no longer play TF2...which is killing me slowly with the very idea of it.

Also I haven't got any writing done since being isolated from the ponynet. I'll start on monday once I get back to my other house with my Netbook and 3G internet. I'm currently at my uncle's using a HP laptop that takes five times longer to load a page than my Netbook. ¬¬

So yes, I'm wary of opening my DA, as the DevWatch notification count probably just hit a thousand, knowing the brony community at least. You can also expect more delays on my fics, as they're all saved on GDocs.
 
Then I thought back to the previous two scenes with the green Pony (first night and lunch break the next day), and it almost seems to me that those two weren't hallucinations, and that only the second night was.
It's hard to imagine that the first two encounters with the green pony were hallucinations, but this isn't made clear really. I know it's easy to wrack your brain when thinking about this matter, but I'm just going to say what I think and that the first 2 encounters were indeed real. This just makes more sense to me.

Also, I got Fight Club vibes while reading the sections which included the green pony.
Crossfade is just as likely to be a girl as a dude (initial dialogue made it out that it was a dude, later dialogue flipped the situation on its head), and the green pony also (albeit it seemingly far less ambiguous than Crossfade's gender) may be a dude (whether it ever existed or not).

This idea also passed through my mind when I reached a certain part of the story:
If I had to make assumption, I would say Crossfade was male (even though the gender of the existent/non-existent green pony isn't touched upon).

This reminds me of that infamous music video from The Prodigy, where you're watching it for the first time and you make the assumption that the character you're looking through the eyes of is male, but there's a twist at the very end of the video which confirms that your initial assumption was actually wrong (unless you somehow knew that the character was female from the beginning).


Trip to the pub on Saturday got cancelled because noone could be bothered to go, then best of all, bloody internet's gone for the weekend since friday.

I know exactly how you feel as I've experienced this many times before. A trip to the pub getting cancelled is one thing, but to lose your internet at roughly the same time is annoying to say the least.
 
Last edited:
I'll no longer have internet at the weekends, which is going to massacre my fanfic writing plans.
 
Nope, sorry. Have you tried asking the creator of that game?
 
That feeling when you know there is a picture that would work perfectly as a joke response, but its the wrong Pony.




Its the worst feeling in the world.

At the very least I was expecting this:

EDIT: Well, not when I made that comment, but shortly afterward.



Somebody knows what music plays there?

He made it himself judging by the comments. I'll go ahead and ask if he's planning on releasing the music as an mp3 on it's own.

EDIT: Got an answer:
urimas
nope its music for the MMO so you just have to wait


Reading the comments on the creators DA
*siarrn
I got struck by lightning and Dash disappeared and didn't come back, glitch?
Now I am sad.


And looking at the guys other stuff.
I wish I could embed flash object on GTP.




EDIT:
Oh, and this:
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-dont-fight-itj.jpg



EDIT: This was....really clever.

And hilarious.
 
Last edited:
Just thought of the dirtiest joke.

A dirty joke because of that image? How could--

>Pinkie Pie's tongue expertly rearranging colors.


Damn you Toro, damn you to the Moon.


Worst. Weekend. Ever.

Trip to the pub on Saturday got cancelled because noone could be bothered to go, then best of all, bloody internet's gone for the weekend since friday.

I've had 0 pony since thursday...I never knew pain like it. Also since my internet's gone at the house my gaming PCs at, I can no longer play TF2...which is killing me slowly with the very idea of it.

Also I haven't got any writing done since being isolated from the ponynet. I'll start on monday once I get back to my other house with my Netbook and 3G internet. I'm currently at my uncle's using a HP laptop that takes five times longer to load a page than my Netbook. ¬¬

So yes, I'm wary of opening my DA, as the DevWatch notification count probably just hit a thousand, knowing the brony community at least. You can also expect more delays on my fics, as they're all saved on GDocs.

I'll no longer have internet at the weekends, which is going to massacre my fanfic writing plans.

I feel ya bro, having everyone bail is quite the suckfest, especially if they had all told you "Hells yeah I'm there!" the day (or in my case, month) before.

And that internet business... That 🤬 ain't right. Can't you relocate your gaming PC to a place with more internets than... none?


Also:
Here comes the next one, yay. That strip of land completely outlined in red? That's me right there.


145713W5_NL_sm.gif
 
It's hard to imagine that the first two encounters with the green pony were hallucinations, but this isn't made clear really. I know it's easy to wrack your brain when thinking about this matter, but I'm just going to say what I think and that the first 2 encounters were indeed real. This just makes more sense to me.

Also, I got Fight Club vibes while reading the sections which included the green pony.
Something I forgot to mention that also explains my trauma trying to think this through (because I forgot it this morning):

Every time Crossfade got a drink of water, that was a hint that he/she was outstandingly high at the time.

Which means the entire thing basically turns into Inception. What's real, what's not, etc.


At the very least I was expecting this:

EDIT: Well, not when I made that comment, but shortly afterward.

Thought about it, but I wanted to make a Simpsons joke more.
 
Also:
Here comes the next one, yay. That strip of land completely outlined in red? That's me right there.



At least you don't have to worry about earthquakes on the infamous San Andreas fault turning three big states from two countries into an island, with free 2012-like special effects.
 
Thought about it, but I wanted to make a Simpsons joke more.

From the Treehouse of Horror episode where Homer finds a 3D dimension (yes, I realized the redundancy) behind some furniture?

At least you don't have to worry about earthquakes on the infamous San Andreas fault turning three big states from two countries into an island, with free 2012-like special effects.

Oh yeah, earthquakes are about the only thing we've lucked out with in recent history, which is funny cause we are on a fault line.
 
From the Treehouse of Horror episode where Homer finds a 3D dimension (yes, I realized the redundancy) behind some furniture?
I spent 20 minutes looking for the "Stupid Sexy Twilight" picture, only to find it and discover that it was actually a picture of Rainbow Dash.



At that point I just said the hell it rather than look for the Porntastic Perfectly Innocent Twilight video on YouTube and post that instead.
 
I spent 20 minutes looking for the "Stupid Sexy Twilight" picture, only to find it and discover that it was actually a picture of Rainbow Dash.

At that point I just said the hell it rather than look for the Porntastic Perfectly Innocent Twilight video on YouTube and post that instead.

:lol:


Next Ballad chapter spoiler:
"Stupid sexy ____" is one of the references included. I'll leave you to guess who considers who stupid and sexy.
 
I feel ya bro, having everyone bail is quite the suckfest, especially if they had all told you "Hells yeah I'm there!" the day (or in my case, month) before.

And that internet business... That ain't right. Can't you relocate your gaming PC to a place with more internets than... none?

Sadly not. :|

I can relay my PC's internet through an Android phone my dad has, but my room at my mum's house has no room for a PC, and the connection's crappy there anyways. (Crappy-ass Sky routers.)

I can survive there on Mobil broadbadn happily, for just browsing, but the mobile broadband coverage gets eaten up by a treeline or something at my dad's. :(

So it will be many moons before I TF2'rbate again. At least, not against bots, which are depressing to fight.

/Edit/

Ballad, curveball edition:

"Stupid sexy Pinkie!" Screamed Trixie. "I wanna forget Twilight, and make out with her so bad!"

Of course it takes a writer of a certain calibre to even attempt combining the majesty of Trixie with the chaotic awesomeness of Pinkie.

/Edit2/

Sometimes in Britain we have tornados that knock chimney pots off roofs. That's about as insane as our weather gets...we're a pretty lucky people.

Perfect weather, perfect erry'ting. 'Specially tanks. We are good at tanks.
 
Last edited:
Of course it takes a writer of a certain calibre to even attempt combining the majesty of Trixie with the chaotic awesomeness of Pinkie.

:lol: What you did there, I can see it :D

I see your Trinkie Pie and raise you RariShy Pie with some Cheerilee-wants-to-confess-long-held-feelings-to-her-schoolmate topping (and all four unknowingly being matched to each other by Derpy working in the shadows)
 
I see your Trinkie Pie and raise you RariShy Pie with some Cheerilee-wants-to-confess-long-held-feelings-to-her-schoolmate topping (and all four unknowingly being matched to each other by Derpy working in the shadows)

Pfft, there's an art to subtlety mate...you just don't get it. :P
 
48139%20-%20fluttershy%20what%20xkcd.jpg




48145%20-%20artist%3Atychosexual%20crying%20twilight_sparkle.png

Nightmare Sparkle?
Twilight Moon?




Nightmare Spoon?





I also found another humanized picture of third best Pony that doesn't make me want to vomit, but because of Ew, Humans I'll refrain from posting it.






Ballad, curveball edition:

"Stupid sexy Pinkie!" Screamed Trixie. "I wanna forget Twilight, and make out with her so bad!"

Of course it takes a writer of a certain calibre to even attempt combining the majesty of Trixie with the chaotic awesomeness of Pinkie.
Trixie%252520Pie.png


Oh Gawd​
 
Pfft, there's an art to subtlety mate...you just don't get it. :P

Sir, I am the very image of subtlety and restraint.
35346%20-%20animated%20derpy_hooves%20monocle%20pipe%20top_hat.gif



I would've loved it to have had a stylized griffon or pegasus instead of the envelope; it would've fit better for the USPS parody. It's something I was toying with myself in one of my sketches.

Nightmare Sparkle?
Twilight Moon?


Nightmare Spoon?

In any case, "Nightmare Sporkle"; or "How Trixie Learned not to Include Images of Their Love Life in her Live Shows"
 
Celly dressed as an old-west prostitute?

Meh.

Applejack dressed as an old-west prostitute?

Now that's something I can "get behind."

philkensebben.jpg







Edit: Some Shipping (Language Warning?).
 
Last edited:
I think the Postal Service, EqRAF, and Cloudsdale Weather Works logos would look right at home on some aircraft in FSX...

EqRPS = 747 cargo
EqRAF = Acceleration F/A-18, P-51 Racer (WWII scheme)
CWW = Beech King Air, Maule M7, Cessna Caravan

EDIT: That's IT! Race Number 20 "Rainboom" shall now become a reality.
EDIT2: If I can figure out how to open a DDS file. X<
 
Last edited:
I think the Postal Service, EqRAF, and Cloudsdale Weather Works logos would look right at home on some aircraft in FSX...

EqRPS = 747 cargo
EqRAF = Acceleration F/A-18, P-51 Racer (WWII scheme)
CWW = Beech King Air, Maule M7, Cessna Caravan


I'd say:

Postal Service: DC-10s and MD-11s, like FedEx, a DC-3 being Derpy's personal flagship
EqRAF: Supermarine Spitfire (naturally), BAE Harrier II, Eurofighter Typhoon
CWW: C-130 Hercules and P-3 Orion, for their work in hurricane reconnaissance
 

Applejack dressed as an old-west prostitute?

Now that's something I can "get behind."

Oh god! I just thought of something rather inappropriate concerning that pic:

Contain%252520the%252520Laughter.jpg


Some Shipping (Language Warning?).

I considered posting that here earlier, but I decided I wasn't going to risk it due to the...er...questionable language it contains. Of course, I couldn't not add it to the gallery :D
 
Oh snap. I should probably check better before I go on an upload binge.





Edit: Fiddling around on Ponibooru. Saw this.

37111%20-%20Trixie%20ask%20ask_trixie%20harry_potter%20old%20tumblr.jpg


Hm...
*strokes chin*
 
Last edited:
Part 12 of The Romancing Quest is up, and part 11 was revised a few days ago? I had no idea.
 
Last edited:
Back