The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,753,150 views
I just spoiled myself, crap.

Lets continue with the shipping:
flutterrage_and_angel_01_by_zutheskunk-d49jbza.png


(*Listens Massive Attack's Angel, remembers Flight of the Phoenix, someone is gonna get shot*)


And those are actually freckles, which makes it even more interesting.
 
Last edited:
That reminds me: You read this one, akira? It just completed after like two months of inactivity.


You were looking for Gilda stories that put a different spin on things, and while that one isn't actually shipping it does do something that even Heart of Gold didn't: It contrasts Fluttershy against Gilda as the two friends that definitely knew Dash long before Twilight arrived in Ponyville.
 
Currently reading it, and its quite interesting, is mostly about RD but it does its job of contrasting situations and relationships between Gilda -> RD -> Fluttershy quite well, by putting RD into more "realistic conditions"(complex relationship problems) which are not exactly canon, but they are still interesting.


Actually there is something else, compatibility.

I just realized that maybe AppleDash might not the ideal ship, Gildash works almost in the same way and FlutterDash has been proved as possible(Refers to pony psychology), and there is more into pairing Dash with AJ...

...Ego satisfaction vs Self-worth, that's the thing, valid for her personality(ESTP). Gilda and Applejack covers the Self-worth by complementing her by giving her an actual value of self worth by being competitive, but Fluttershy acts as a Ego slave which covers the need of attention which is integral part of Dash's personality, but a relationship with Fluttershy will turn out to be more complicated because the Ego need is actually more demanding and might end up into failure, in resumed words is Fluttershy loving Dash while Dash only receives love, which is different from the kind of relationship that might converge from a Gilda/AJ relation.

(*Stops thinking, its happening again*)
 
Last edited:
*checks Ponibooru*


Well, it looks like Prince Douche has been given the Rule 63 treatment, so I guess we have another super bitch on our hooves.

Looks like I've got something to listen to on my way to that thing I've got to do tomorrow.

I totally forgot I downloaded that until I rechecked my recent downloads not long ago. I'm about 15 minutes in at the moment, so I might as well listen to the rest before I go to bed.
 
Actually there is something else, compatibility.

I just realized that maybe AppleDash might not the ideal ship, Gildash works almost in the same way
I just realized that maybe AppleDash might not the ideal ship
AppleDash might not the ideal ship
First of all:
1293876710237.png

53688%252520-%252520heck_yes_no.jpg

25382%25252520-%25252520animated%25252520applejack%25252520no.gif

54224%252520-%252520animated%252520nope%252520pinkie_pie%252520sponges.gif

23305%25252520-%25252520gummy%25252520reaction_face.jpg

Exploit%252520This.png

40673%252520-%252520artist%252520Mocha_Delight%252520carrot_cake.png



And so on and so forth.



Now, don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from. But I honestly don't think it would be anything but one-sided. Which side, I'm not sure. Probably not reciprocated from Gilda. I haven't actually seen that episode in forever and my mind is too ruined by Heart of Gold Gilda to expand upon it even if I had.







But Gilda and AJ do differ in one key aspect that I know is canon:

Gilda cares about Dash as a friend, clearly, but puts up a facade to pretend that she doesn't rather than admit that she was wrong. The exact reason and extent for this can be debated 'till the end of time, but the fact of the matter is that Gilda ultimately did choose herself over her friendship in that instance.

AJ cares about Dash, but her pride doesn't run so deep that she puts it over her friendship with Dash (and vice-versa, since Dash tends to act the same way).


FlutterDash has been proved as possible(Refers to pony psychology)
In Pony Psychology, Fluttershy was the only one who was explicitly suffering from what was an actual (albeit vaguely defined) mental disorder rather than just temporary CMFIS like the rest of the Mane Six were, and the only reason Dash was attracted to her in the first place was basically because Dash was high on those berries or whatever.



Also:

Fluttershy acts as a Ego slave which covers the need of attention which is integral part of Dash's personality
Does Dash actually need this?


Yes, she freaks out when she thinks she's going to blow it, but Fluttershy would probably make that worse rather than better; and Dash spends most of her time showing off regardless of if anyone is interested. It doesn't seem like a compliment sponge role that Fluttershy would almost certainly play would actually make any difference.





Edit: Bleh. No Heart of Gold yet. I'm callin' it (though I just realized that I haven't read Allegrezza yet).

Dreaming%252520of%252520Apples.jpg


Good Night.
 
Last edited:

But gilda and aj do differ in one key aspect that I know is canon:

Gilda cares about dash as a friend, clearly, but puts up a facade to pretend that she doesn't rather than admit that she was wrong. The exact reason and extent for this can be debated 'till the end of time, but the fact of the matter is that gilda ultimately did choose herself over her friendship in that instance.

Aj cares about dash, but her pride doesn't run so deep that she puts it over her friendship with dash (and vice-versa, since dash tends to act the same way).

That's actually true, but that's a friendship relationship in which Gilda tries to save the relationship by putting Pinkie out of the way(jealous), this is plausible but not accepted in a friendship relationship which is open, however for a close relationship like a "shipping" one the rules of the game actually change because such thing can be accepted and necessary to maintain the relationship, therefore it makes RD a plausible guilty suspect of cheating on her, because of the different nature between the relationships.


in pony psychology, fluttershy was the only one who was explicitly suffering from what was an actual (albeit vaguely defined) mental disorder rather than just temporary cmfis like the rest of the mane six were, and the only reason dash was attracted to her in the first place was basically because dash was high on those berries or whatever.

Whoops, actually I didn't remember quite well pony psychology, but actually that was a good part, I wish I have other fanfic to reference, however:

does dash actually need this?


Yes, she freaks out when she thinks she's going to blow it, but fluttershy would probably make that worse rather than better; and dash spends most of her time showing off regardless of if anyone is interested. It doesn't seem like a compliment sponge role that fluttershy would almost certainly play would actually make any difference.

I would believe that but then:



"You are going to cheer for me like that?"

Certainly Fluttershy can play a bigger role, she offers her Ego compensation to RD(although this will probably will end up in failure) and she receives RD caring in return(refers to Cuttie Mark Chronicles), I agree that a relation between RD and FS will end up in failure however is actually possible that such thing might happen.

As for AJ vs Gilda, I think that Gilda will probably win if the relationship is actually managed at that level(not friendship and close), my opinion is unbiased, as biased as it seems, AppleDash might be good but Gildash might actually be better at some extent.



It will be a couple of hours of sleep, not sure why but I'm pretty sure that I wont sleep anyway, in any case:
54091+-+pinkie_pie+ponies_in_real_life+real_life+sleeping+sleeping_in_your_bed.jpg

Goodnight everyone.
 
Last edited:
The description for each of those Blueshift2k5 short stories are odd to say the least. I decided to take a look at one of them to see if it was any good, which happened to be Airshipping is Magic. All I can say is it's absurd, yet hilarious, so I might read the other 6 tomorrow (The Art of Friendship appears to be the most interesting/strange story judging by the description).


And I think I'll call it a night as well:

53351%252520-%252520artist%252520lt_draws_ponies%252520cloud%252520rainbow_dash%252520sleeping.png


G'night.
 
Mornin' all:
good_morning_octavia_by_johnjoseco-d49qmxf.png


@Wiegert

Awesome to hear you enjoyed the chapter.

Now I'd love to join the essay conversaton over...stuff, but I'll leave it to Akira and Toro, and just head off to work. Tschuss!
 
mornin___already_by_lifesequencebreak-d487i71.png





tumblr_lreasoN1Q11qj4vjfo1_500.jpg

Twilight%252520Spawesome.png

You know. I've only seriously been into this Doctor Who thing for a couple weeks, and I'm already on Episode 41......So this plushie currently has all of my want.


And I will be reading some of these when I get the chance.
 
Last edited:
@Tesla, :lol:

Well I'm back home from doing things at places... I did that wrong didn't I? :lol:
It only took 11 hours. Now to Allegrezza.
 
up_all_night_by_fyre_flye-d48bhma.jpg


monunn.

and, yes, Toro, I go to sleep at 16:00. Because I get up at 05:00.
 
I'm finding it harder and harder to not spoil any of season 2. Doing well so far.
Avoiding Ponibooru is challenging though.
 
Oh Buck.. I think my laptop is broken

When I turn it on I am meeted with a Black Screen forever.... ****!
 
Good morning everypony!
morning_lyra_by_johnjoseco-d49b9sc.png
 
Dylans1o
Oh Buck.. I think my laptop is broken

When I turn it on I am meeted with a Black Screen forever.... ****!

Mine did the same thing. It only worked once in a while, but then the video card gave out.

You still have a warranty?
Jim Prower
and, yes, Toro, I go to sleep at 16:00. Because I get up at 05:00.

You went to sleep at 4pm?


Anyways, 20 minutes until Toys R Us opens. Normally I wouldnt bother waiting, but it's less crazy than driving all the way up here for ponies.

Omigawd....they have those giant pleather massage chairs inside the mall. I have never been this comfortable while waiting for a store to open.
 
What ponies are you buying Mint? Blind bags?

@Coffee, read part 3 of Allegrezza now. I'm still enjoying it but I don't like Octavia's elitist nature regarding her drinks. It makes her seem like a bit of a b***h.

I really need to go through Johns gallery more often.
Here's some art I've never seen before.
Short-Maned%252520Fluttershy.jpg

46001%252520-%252520caption%252520hnng%252520macro%252520spike.jpg


Anyway I'm off for tonight. Lots of stuff to do tomorrow and all that.
DJ%252520Passed%252520Out%252520on%252520the%252520Floor.jpg


 
Morning%252520AJ.png


Hello.






Goodbye. I'm off to go try something really stupid in the name of ponies.
 
Good morning everyone:
52747+-+artist+john_joseco+celestia.png





Lamborghini...Star Fighter? :drool:


Sorry for offtopic, but that car is 👍


Bullseye I suppose, I give you a proper response to your PM once I can pass a little bit more the pain.
 
@Toronado
*Adam Savage voice* all in the name of ponies.
 
morning%252520luna.png


I'm still enjoying it but I don't like Octavia's elitist nature regarding her drinks. It makes her seem like a bit of a b***h.

That didn't bother me at all really. Yes, when it comes to drinks she does come across as an elitist, but that seems to fit her character pretty well (she is a drink connoisseur after all).



Also, this is an amazing piece of fan art:
58064%20-%20artist%3Asweatshirt%20hoodie%20red_eyes%20vinyl_scratch.jpg
 
Last edited:
One narrowly-avoided, Logan-didn't-live-to-see-Season-2 accident later, and I think I'll put a kibosh on that plan until I can have my bike more thoroughly inspected.



Imma go read something.
 
^What did you do? Or, what were you trying to do?


Anyway, hey guys...?







Hey guys guess what.....





No really, guess.






I'll tell you anyway.





PONIES!!!
IMG_20110914_123021.jpg

Too%252520Much%252520Pony.gif


Damn my desk is filthy. I probably should've taken that shot after I just cleaned it.
 
Last edited:
Cool👍
 
I'm sure I heard back in june that we were supposed to be getting Blind Bags in the UK at some point this month, but I've yet to see any evidence of them being sold here. The best thing we've got right now is that Applejack toy truck.


Now to read some of those Blueshift short stories.
 
Back